HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax City :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Boulevard Master Plan
Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: November 28, 2015 02:52PM

http://www.fairfaxva.gov/government/community-development-planning/fairfax-boulevard-master-plan

Does anyone know if this Master Plan will ever happen? The last draft for the plan was back in 2007.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Boulevard Master Plan
Date: November 29, 2015 11:58AM

"The City had so many pots on the fire, they stopped doing sub-plans. They turned instead to a 2-step process of developing a single master plan. Amendments to the old plans were completed and released in April 2012. Updates re Fairfax Boulevard are included in that document as Appendix D. Phase-2 drafts for new master plan elements are not complete at this point."

http://www.fairfaxva.gov/government/community-development-planning/major-projects-plans/comprehensive-plan

Date: November 30, 2015 11:59AM

"I worked on the 2007 master plan. It's not going to happen.

The City's debt load has been maxed out ever since the 2008 market crash. Financing the Fairfax Boulevard project would require a series of big bond issues, and it's just not politically viable to do that for a long-term, speculative project right now."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nova/comments/3umbde/fairfax_boulevard_master_plan/cxgpomn

Posted by: city is broke ()
Date: May 07, 2016 10:12PM

The city is maxed on their debt from what I was told. Plus they don't have the property in Loudoun anymore to use for collateral. To further some development on Fairfax Boulevard, the city has to apply for regional funding and get VDOT to condemn property in order to develop. The good news is the property owners get lots of the money for site acquisition. The jury is still out on if and when anything resembling new or improved goes up along the Boulevard.

Posted by: fairfax mafia ()
Date: August 27, 2016 08:01PM

Could this be 'how' the city is trying to handle Fairfax Boulevard? Looks ominous.

http://fairfaxtaxrevolt.org/

Posted by: BuildBabyBuild ()
Date: August 28, 2016 05:09PM

fairfax mafia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could this be 'how' the city is trying to handle
> Fairfax Boulevard? Looks ominous.
>
> http://fairfaxtaxrevolt.org/

Thanks for posting. Enough of this shit.

Posted by: and it never ends ()
Date: November 30, 2016 11:06PM

Now the city wants to take land and build a cut-through street in the old Hooters shopping center so University Drive can cut through the property to 123.

Public hearing December 13 to vote up or down.

http://fairfax.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=11&clip_id=1428&meta_id=49203

Posted by: CobbdaleBob ()
Date: December 01, 2016 12:07PM

and it never ends Wrote:
> Now the city wants to take land and build a
> cut-through street in the old Hooters shopping
> center so University Drive can cut through the
> property to 123.
>
> Public hearing December 13 to vote up or down.
>
> http://fairfax.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id
> =11&clip_id=1428&meta_id=49203

Thanks for the info. I live in Cobbdale and use the intersection of Eaton Pl. and 123 several times a day. This is a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Posted by: NO CUT THRU ()
Date: December 01, 2016 05:10PM

I just signed the petition against this. There is more information here.

https://www.change.org/t/university-drive-en-us

Posted by: NO CUT THRU TOO ()
Date: December 02, 2016 03:37PM

Thanks NO CUT THRU for the info on the petition. Just signed as well.

Posted by: NO CUT THRU THREE ()
Date: December 12, 2016 10:37PM

I cannot even put into words how STUPID this idea is to cut thru a parking lot and call it a street in the name of giving access to a shopping center.
I mean... WHO DOES THAT?
I signed the petition.

The City Council will have public comment and a decision Tuesday so I will also attend and speak after I get off the phone with my real legislators.

http://fairfax.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=11&event_id=987
Agenda item 8b.

Date: December 14, 2016 12:16PM

Anyone know what happened at the meeting last night?

Posted by: nimby ()
Date: December 14, 2016 05:51PM

NO CUT THRU TOO Wrote:
> Anyone know what happened at the meeting last
> night?

I watched it on the tube and it looked to me like the City Council is fully aware of what kind of shitstorm this is creating and they've put off a decision until
sometime in January, Of all the residents who put their two cents worth in I can't remember anyone in support of the cut through.

Posted by: nimby ()
Date: December 14, 2016 05:53PM

BTW, I haven't seen any news articles in the media about last night's meeting.
Wonder why?

Posted by: Ralph Gange ()
Date: December 15, 2016 03:11PM

and it never ends Wrote:
> Now the city wants to take land and build a
> cut-through street in the old Hooters shopping
> center so University Drive can cut through the
> property to 123.
>
> Public hearing December 13 to vote up or down.
>
> =11&clip_id=1428&meta_id=49203

So they kicked the can down the road until Jan 24. My guess is it's dead. It is useful to note that that empty-headed Ellie Schmidt looks like she want the extension to move ahead. Guess who's in the pocket of the developers and not giving a hoot about the residents. She'll not be getting my vote for mayor in February. Meyer seems much more level headed.

Date: December 16, 2016 11:39AM

Posted by: Take another look ()
Date: December 16, 2016 08:54PM

Ralph Gange Wrote:
> and it never ends Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Now the city wants to take land and build a
> > cut-through street in the old Hooters shopping
> > center so University Drive can cut through the
> > property to 123.
> >
> > Public hearing December 13 to vote up or down.
> >
> >
>
> > =11&clip_id=1428&meta_id=49203
>
> So they kicked the can down the road until Jan 24.
> My guess is it's dead. It is useful to note that
> that empty-headed Ellie Schmidt looks like she
> want the extension to move ahead. Guess who's in
> the pocket of the developers and not giving a hoot
> about the residents. She'll not be getting my
> vote for mayor in February. Meyer seems much more
> level headed.

Ummm... I watched the meeting. Ellie Schmidt and Jeff Greenfield are the only two who wanted to just kill the $10 million road project now. They were both applauded by the upset audience when they made remarks about the plan being half-baked. Ellie Schmidt was the only one who stated she was not in favor of this at all.
David Meyer, Michael DeMarco, John Stehle all want this project, it was evident. Janice Miller was set to vote for the project to go forward but was the one who wanted to kick the can down the road unable to vote with an upset public in the room. Balls - they don't have them.
Even heard people saying "Ellie for Mayor" after the council made their comments.

Posted by: Just watching ()
Date: December 16, 2016 09:58PM

Such an interesting take on the meeting. Ellie was playing to the audience because she'll do anything to be mayor. no way to have a discussion because people have been brainwashed by the nasty witch Loftus who would lie to anyone and everyone to get a vote or make herself look good. this is all about loftus trying to get back on council. she would sell her daughters to win. Loftus and Ellie are working together to ruin the city.

Posted by: train wreck it is ()
Date: December 18, 2016 09:03PM

Just watching Wrote:
> Such an interesting take on the meeting. Ellie was
> playing to the audience because she'll do anything
> to be mayor. no way to have a discussion because
> people have been brainwashed by the nasty witch
> Loftus who would lie to anyone and everyone to get
> a vote or make herself look good. this is all
> about loftus trying to get back on council. she
> would sell her daughters to win. Loftus and Ellie
> are working together to ruin the city.

lol

The meeting was a public hearing so there really was no conversation. Then one guy said there was a petition with over 230 signatures against the road project. Also signs everywhere along University Dr. It appears to be a simple case of the people don't want it and the council really had no good plan to demonstrate the need for it. Whole thing was just weird.

It was Greenfield who told staff to take their map of Fairfax Boulevard and put a big X through it. It's old and no longer relevant.
I got the sense that people see no leadership on council. Have heard people want Loftus to run for mayor but she has politely turned them down, not interested I guess.

Posted by: Lilly ()
Date: December 20, 2016 12:15PM

We need to find out why this started in the first place. It will do nothing for people who want to shop at the proposed shopping center. Who wants to shop at a place where you will have cars whizzing by and who would want to ride their bicycle with so many cars. I feel sorry for the residents who own homes on University Drive near Stratford, Jean, Dale, Ford and Wood. Their home values will go no where but down. How can children go to and from school - those children are not bussed. They are in walking distance to the elementary and high schools. Traffic is already heavy on University Drive and as an adult, it is already hard to cross University Drive.

Posted by: Want to leave the City ()
Date: December 20, 2016 12:31PM

Why isn't there anything in the news about this plan to increase traffic in a residential area? If this has been in the works for years, why wasn't there more information being given to the people whose lives will be impacted by this? There were several City Council members who were ready to vote yes on this, but Janice Miller seeing the outrage of everyone in the room wanted to wait another month. Maybe she is hoping there will be fewer people at the meeting, or maybe they will make it a closed meeting. Ellie Schmidt was the only one who voted "no." Who is writing that she wanted to vote yes. If it wasn't for her, I think they would have ignored everyone in the room who were there to let them know they are totally against it. If the Council members aren't there for the residents, who are they there for? It does make you wonder. They are all very close to the former Mayor, who should be investigated for any and all that he did when he was Mayor. He needed money badly and so we should find out just what he did and follow the money trail.

Posted by: Assembly resident ()
Date: December 21, 2016 12:11AM

Want to leave the City Wrote:
> Why isn't there anything in the news about this
> plan to increase traffic in a residential area?
> If this has been in the works for years, why
> wasn't there more information being given to the
> people whose lives will be impacted by this?
> There were several City Council members who were
> ready to vote yes on this, but Janice Miller
> seeing the outrage of everyone in the room wanted
> to wait another month. Maybe she is hoping there
> will be fewer people at the meeting, or maybe they
> will make it a closed meeting. Ellie Schmidt was
> the only one who voted "no." Who is writing that
> she wanted to vote yes. If it wasn't for her, I
> think they would have ignored everyone in the room
> who were there to let them know they are totally
> against it. If the Council members aren't there
> for the residents, who are they there for? It
> does make you wonder. They are all very close to
> the former Mayor, who should be investigated for
> any and all that he did when he was Mayor. He
> needed money badly and so we should find out just
> what he did and follow the money trail.

I have to agree with you. Ellie WAS the only No vote at the end of the night and it went until 11:30 pm. Everyone was at the meeting as there was to be a vote and Janice Miller gave them a delay.
My own research showed no plan for this road, just vague language about networking parcel connectivity. Also an article from 2011 about the nightmare of Eaton and 123 which stated when economy picked up that the developer intended to pay for this access to the project. That's most of the $10 million! $7.5 is going to the owners of the property!

Posted by: Andrea Z ()
Date: December 22, 2016 09:44AM

I totally agree that everything the former mayor was involved in should be investigated. I also agree that the investigation should follow the money. He was out of work, lost his home, involved in the meth scheme - those things alone should make the City (or maybe someone outside of the City) start the investigation. The fact that he was good friends with the council members, especially Janice Miller - we all noted that her facebook deleted all entires regarding him - that maybe they should hire an outside firm to do the investigation. There were too many things he was involved in where a lot of money was spent by the City.

Posted by: watching ()
Date: December 23, 2016 01:34AM

Silverthorne is a has been. get over it. no way he involved

Posted by: CobbdaleBob ()
Date: December 23, 2016 10:25AM

watching Wrote:
> Silverthorne is a has been. get over it. no way he
> involved

I agree with Andrea Z. We need to have an outside investigator to make that determination because there's no way we'll know for sure otherwise. Are you a friend of Scotties?

Posted by: assembly susan ()
Date: December 24, 2016 06:10PM

Looks like we have an uneventful mayors race.
Jan. 9 at the city library, meet the candidates.

http://fairfaxva.gov/home/showdocument?id=8330

Posted by: Johnson ()
Date: December 24, 2016 06:46PM

assembly susan Wrote:
> Looks like we have an uneventful mayors race.
> Jan. 9 at the city library, meet the candidates.
>
> http://fairfaxva.gov/home/showdocument?id=8330

There is another meet the candidates on the 19th of January at Old Town Hall
That will be on cityscreen, cable etc.

Posted by: Gargiulio ()
Date: December 25, 2016 09:19AM

You all need to calm down. None of this is going to happen. The politicians know how much the public is against it, and they will vote accordingly. Relax, and drink some more eggnog.

Posted by: Kool-Aid ()
Date: December 25, 2016 04:29PM

Gargiulio Wrote:
> You all need to calm down. None of this is going
> to happen. The politicians know how much the
> public is against it, and they will vote
> accordingly. Relax, and drink some more eggnog.

That's what the City Council would like us to do.

Date: December 26, 2016 08:27PM

What I'd like to know is if they'll ever revamp that shitty shopping center.

Posted by: 7dW6W ()
Date: December 30, 2016 05:45PM

The commercial projects around Fairfax Circle were built in another time, when commercial areas were less common in Fairfax and people from the County would travel to Fairfax City to shop. Plentiful parking made sense then. If we were honest there aren't that many of us who were shopping at Fairfax Circle before they decided to redo the place. So maybe a mixed use, more pedestrian friendly development makes more sense today. The problem is what happens tomorrow. If at some point down the road it makes sense to once again have a car friendly retail area, or to go another way and turn the area into office properties, all of those residential units are going to make that difficult.

Posted by: City is becoming a joke! ()
Date: January 05, 2017 01:57PM

Why would the City be doing all these projects at one time. As you come into the City at Fairfax Circle, it looks just awful. We are losing our tax base badly. They have businesses torn down and then they find out the business they "thought" would be coming in, has decided to not come in. Can you blame them? I'm sure that once they become acquainted with our so-called officials, they run the other way. We used to have a city you could be proud of. The council members we have in there now are much too cozy with one another. They agree with one another too much and almost seem like they are afraid to go against one of them for fear they won't agree with them on one of their pet projects. That is not how a City should be run. When Silverthorne was Mayor, he would go on vacation with some of the council members. We need to get a group who want to get the City back to where we all can be proud to say we live in Fairfax City.

Posted by: Fairfax First ()
Date: January 06, 2017 03:51PM

It is true. Even if someone grows a set of balls on council, it will likely take years to fix this drought the city is in for.
I'm game for helping a new gang of leaders get in there. Let's figure this out.
In the meantime, I found this as an option for the special mayor election.

http://www.fairfaxcitizensfirst.org/

Posted by: NO CUT THRU ()
Date: January 11, 2017 05:07PM

Heads up to University Drive Cut Through opponents:

Vote to be held at Jan. 24 City Council Meeting. Here's the update for those who signed the petition.
https://www.change.org/p/city-of-fairfax-save-our-neighborhood-oppose-university-drive-extension-to-eaton-place/u/19017605

For those interested in the Feb. 7 Mayoral election, there was a forum on Monday night at the library hosted by the League of Women Voters. There was a question posed to all 3 candidates if they supported the University Drive Extension project.

No surprises in answers.

DeMarco: It needs a lot more work so it doesn't look so much like a cut through. We need to spend some money on engineering for a better design of the street.

Meyer: Faced with conundrum where we got $ to do project, but have no good plan. Council should pause and hire a national engineering firm to address plans for connections in Northfax area.

Schmidt: Not in support of project for 2 reasons: 1. There is no plan for this part of Northfax and 2. If road is built, it will serve to promote cut thru traffic negatively impacting the residents along University Dr.

Date: January 12, 2017 02:57PM

NO CUT THRU -

Thank you for the update. I'm trying to figure out where to throw my vote. Based solely on your information above, I'd say I'd have to go with Schmidt. But did you get any other valuable information from the candidate forum?

Date: January 12, 2017 09:05PM

Read Fairfax Connection. Google Fairfax Connection, click Fairfax for more information.

Posted by: 3xJuf ()
Date: January 13, 2017 12:29PM

NO CUT THRU TOO Wrote:
> NO CUT THRU -
>
> Thank you for the update. I'm trying to figure
> out where to throw my vote. Based solely on your
> information above, I'd say I'd have to go with
> Schmidt. But did you get any other valuable
> information from the candidate forum?

I was leaning towards Schmidt too but found out Snowflakes support her.

Date: January 13, 2017 04:34PM

>.

Am curious...who is "snowflakes?

Posted by: 3xJuf ()
Date: January 13, 2017 05:42PM

Johnson Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
>
> >.
>
> Am curious...who is "snowflakes?

Snowflake
An overly sensitive person, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own. These people can often be seen congregating in "safe zones" on college campuses.

Those social justice warriors are just a bunch of snowflakes.

liberals-delicate-snowflakes-the-univers

Posted by: For what it's worth ()
Date: January 15, 2017 06:24PM

Pretty sure that "snowflakes" are endorsing David Meyer. He hangs out with the local democrats... so it's a a guess.
Demarco is surrounded with the infamous mayor groupies. Janice Miller acting as surrogate for both of these guys so I don't like that.
Ellie has support from a broad group and she's the only one not voting lock-step with the others.
That's all I got.

Posted by: Love gerry ()
Date: January 19, 2017 08:28PM

And then there's this ....
Attachments:
IMG_1053.JPG

Posted by: watching ()
Date: January 20, 2017 12:11AM

So people want to vote for Schmidt... almost 60 and still lives with her moma and takes BIG money from the homo developer Rick Dixon. rumor is that she is losing her job and she wants to be mayor because she needs the money. whats with people anyway. she a loser.

Posted by: google is your friend ()
Date: January 22, 2017 01:06AM

Heard of Northfax? It's that little project on 123 and 50 that includes many properties along the route and the few developers picked to participate in it.

Northfax JV LLC - I think the group named itself. They also have donated to:

Scott Silverthorne
David Meyer
Michael DeMarco

Let that sink in.

Date: February 02, 2017 01:29AM

Hey google is your friend. Check out the campaign financials on line. the candidate getting all the big bucks from the developers, land owners and banker is none other than ellie Schmidt. DeMarco is a terrible fundraiser and meyer gets most of his money in small amounts. its Schmidt who soaks the developers and land owners and then says how she's going to vote against them. Let's watch and see. she and her battle axe mother are a piece of work.

Posted by: tcy6d ()
Date: February 02, 2017 07:36PM

watching Wrote:
> So people want to vote for Schmidt... almost 60
> and still lives with her moma and takes BIG money
> from the homo developer Rick Dixon. rumor is that
> she is losing her job and she wants to be mayor
> because she needs the money. whats with people
> anyway. she a loser.

How much does the mayor get paid? Last I heard, it was a small amount.

Then again, she could get her palms greased after she becomes mayor.

Posted by: Mike Roskind ()
Date: February 04, 2017 07:32AM

All-
I've been here in the city for 8 years now and the City Council, Mayor and City Manager have forgotten their primary responsibility is to the existing community members who live and work here and not outside interests; not visions of grandeur; not projects which the public has to be deceived from understanding what and why; not congested roads; not higher taxes; but simply quality of life.

I was a City Councilman in the City of Woodinville Washington. It was similarly affluent, about half of the population and a similar number of jobs, just North of Microsoft Headquarters in Redmond, Washington. Elected officials have a basic obligation to represent the community first, and always to put the community first. This is where they've gone astray.

The Master Plan reflects interests in grandeur. It lacks a vision of transition in maintaining the quality of life for those of who are living here, in their Master Plan.

The City Council and Mayor hide everything. I follow issues closely. I am educated, I am a former official and I can see the hiding of so many facts from us, that it is nearly impossible with the amount of deceit, closed door discussions and lies, to understand what is true and what is not. I cannot understand many of their actions, especially when giving away tax dollars- tens of millions of tax dollars, without any known public benefit to private parties, through construction fraud, or a third party transfer through the Loudoun Water Utility.

The NORTHFAX project is a lie, it is a massive transfer of public funds to private owners- about $40 million. The transfer at Goose Creek was so bad, it could only be described as land fraud. I ran an appraisal service for 15 years as a business manager. The city was caught lying to the Washington Post about having done an appraisal by City Assessor Tom Reed, which is documented at my website, in an obvious land fraud costing us at least $78 million, maybe $300 million.

At Goose Creek we sold $108 million dollars of real estate, not our water system to Loudoun Water Utility for $30 million. Loudoun Water can now dispose of that land to developers without anyone noticing our loss. One HUGE question, is why is Loudoun Water Utility acting as a Real Estate buyer and seller?

Part of the problem is the election being held away from the date of general elections. The City Council can control the vote with as little as 8% of the voters doing this, as only about 14% voted in the last election. I had enough votes in a City half of the size to be elected here. A tiny number of voters control the electorate.

Our ex Mayor Silverthorne is standing trial for Meth Distribution, he was behind both NORTHFAX and Goose Creek politically. Silverthorne is even thinking of running again based on his facebook page.

We have Dan Ozilioli running as a write in, who is the only candidate who has never endorsed, or been endorsed by Silverthorne. It is quite a recomendation to have a Mayor on trial for Meth Distribution who endorsed all of the other sitting City Council persons and Mayoral Candidates Schmidt, DeMarco and Meyer.

We have overwhelming reasons to recall the city council under state law, for acting with negligence, misuse of office, or simply incompetence. One of their vulnerabilities in having nobody vote in elections, is that we need petitions for cause of only 10% of the voters who voted in the last election, or about 280 signatures. We have about half of that now for each of the councilpersons. Our petitions are at www.fairfaxtaxrevolt.org .

We have a movement of City of Fairfax Citizens First at www.FarfiaxCitizensFirst.Org with the platform issues and we need support for Dan in this special election and we need candidates who are willing to put in some time in community service to stop the fraud, waste, abuse and corruption (at least in Silverthorne's case). If you are interested in running in 15 months, in May 2018, or helping to fight the City Council please contact me at mroskind@seanet.com . This is OUR community and this is what we expect from our elected officials and this is what a slate will be campaigning for between now and then:

Putting City of Fairfax Residents ahead of all else
Reducing Tax Burdens through efficiencies and common sense spending
Focusing on improving quality of life, investing in schools, recreational services and traffic improvement
Commitment to Public Safety
Sensible growth and not overdevelopment, which benefit our residents
Open government, transparency and accountability to the community
Ensuring City of Fairfax has a small town feel with access to outstanding services

I am a merit badge counselor for Citizenship in the Community with the Boy Scouts. I would tell the boys, we all have an obligation as citizens to participate, to vote and be involved. If not, democracy means nothing.

Mike Roskind
703-273-6587

Posted by: Tiger_Ballz ()
Date: February 12, 2017 11:35PM

Fairfax will always be a dump. They never want to build more roads, does not have decent fast food places, and always a decade behind the rest of the country.

Date: February 13, 2017 01:01AM

Mike Roskind is a lying crazy right wing nut job. He was completely crazy in Washington state and he is even crazier in Fairfax. He and his team mates Nancy - the wacko - Loftus and Becky - even crazier - Stoekel are out to get everyone. Watch out for this completely reckless and dangerous trio.

Posted by: snbnn ()
Date: February 13, 2017 01:16PM

Just watching Wrote:
> Mike Roskind is a lying crazy right wing nut job.
> He was completely crazy in Washington state and he
> is even crazier in Fairfax. He and his team mates
> Nancy - the wacko - Loftus and Becky - even
> crazier - Stoekel are out to get everyone. Watch
> out for this completely reckless and dangerous
> trio.

Is that you Mrs. Waggingtongue? How are things at Patch these days?

Posted by: Olivia D ()
Date: February 13, 2017 01:45PM

I happen to know Mike Roskind - he is not any of the things mentioned by the previous writer. Are you sure you know him? I also know Nancy Loftus, as do many of my friends. I don't think you really know them. They are truly concerned about Fairfax City - not about themselves as so many of our officials are. Not sure we have a winning team in Fairfax City - we haven't for quite a few years.

Posted by: Bail Out The City ()
Date: February 15, 2017 09:18PM

Tiger_Ballz Wrote:
> Fairfax will always be a dump. They never want to
> build more roads, does not have decent fast food
> places, and always a decade behind the rest of the
> country.

New roads are in the plans. Problem is they will run through your neighborhoods. The ones you see construction on now? Those are getting bigger pipes to move creeks and not expanding any road surface. They may paint in a bike lane though.

Fast food places are in the way of new apartments and parking lots.

A decade behind other jurisdictions who now struggle to keep up with the vacancies. Fairfax City is winning in vacancies. Too bad your taxes will go up while vacant commercial properties don't have to pay any. Sucks.

Date: February 16, 2017 03:14AM

Bail Out The City Wrote:
> Tiger_Ballz Wrote:
> -----
> > Fairfax will always be a dump. They never want
> to
> > build more roads, does not have decent fast
> food
> > places, and always a decade behind the rest of
> the
> > country.
>
>
> New roads are in the plans. Problem is they will
> run through your neighborhoods. The ones you see
> construction on now? Those are getting bigger
> pipes to move creeks and not expanding any road
> surface. They may paint in a bike lane though.
>
> Fast food places are in the way of new apartments
> and parking lots.
>
> A decade behind other jurisdictions who now
> struggle to keep up with the vacancies. Fairfax
> City is winning in vacancies. Too bad your taxes
> will go up while vacant commercial properties
> don't have to pay any. Sucks.

What current Master Plan do you speak of?

Date: February 23, 2017 03:34PM

Updates on the Fairfax Shopping Center redevelopment project as of January 4:

• 10342-10412 Fairfax Boulevard — The property owner has proposed a redesigned shopping center with retail, restaurant, and Whole Foods 365 grocery; submission of complete application pending.

Source: http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxcity/update-major-development-projects-fairfax

Posted by: Passing Through ()
Date: March 08, 2017 10:11PM

Does anyone see anything in these plans that would make them want to go there?

Posted by: FreeMoney ()
Date: December 11, 2017 10:27AM

The app "GetUpside" will give you cash back when you buy gas. In the app you claim the gas station, then you upload a photo of your receipt. No catch, no scam, I'm using it and got some friends and family on it.

Some stations do like 10 cents others do as high as 25 cents.. AND you can get an extra 20c on your first fill up when you sign up with code HGWM5

It also gives you credit to the gas station, which is further incentive. So if you get a tire rotation or buy something in the store, you will receive cash back from those purchases as well.

Spread the word, spread the code, and lets get more participating gas stations! This kind of thing will add up over time so be patient.

Download the app here.

Posted by: Passed Through ()
Date: December 13, 2017 01:01PM

Passing Through Wrote:
> Does anyone see anything in these plans that would
> make them want to go there?

Anyone?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.