HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: VCLA Test
Posted by: Arlington, VA ()
Date: August 05, 2016 06:32PM

I just got my writing sub test score which is not bad at all. Since I easily passed it, I thought I should share what helped me with the essay-writing. I used it as my guide. Please check the attached.
Attachments:
PersuasiveEssay writing.odt

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Christian ()
Date: August 07, 2016 11:11PM

I really need help, I just took the VCLA writing sub test for the second time. i believed i did not do so well the first time because i rushed taking both of the sub tests. I received a percentage of a 62% writing for the multiple choice. i am very worried. I already passed with a 235 for the reading sub test previously. If someone could guide me in my situation, that would be helpful?

Posted by: oscar1111 ()
Date: December 03, 2016 03:00PM

Can anyone tell me what an 88 on the reading subtest will convert to.

Posted by: Ms. M ()
Date: July 16, 2017 09:50PM

You have to forgive her and move on. It was a mistake and that person "teacher" recognize it. Let it go. Don't judge. Get over it people.

Posted by: ELA teacher ()
Date: September 09, 2017 09:13AM

After reading this board, I'd like to offer some information about VCLA scoring.

I understand that people are looking for guidance/reassurance whether their raw scores and percentages are sufficient to pass the VCLA. Unfortunately, raw scores and percentages hold little meaning since the VCLA uses scaled scores (i.e. official test scores are "equalized" based in the inherent difficulty of the test form taken).

For example, I take test form A (easiest) and you take test form B (most difficult), both of which have forty questions. We both obtain a raw score of 30 (75%). One might assume that we will also have the same official scores. However, your test (B) is more difficult. Therefore, you are awarded, through scaled scoring, more credit per answer because of the difficulty of your test. The result is that your official score could be significantly higher than mine even though we had the same number of correct answers. Unless questioner and responder know they have taken the exact same test form, it is nearly impossible to determine if your raw scores are passing. In short, it's comparing apples and oranges.

I know that offers little comfort to those waiting on official scores, but that's the basic reality of the situation. My advice for first-time test takers who are nervous about the test is to pay the extra money and take each component (Reading/Writing) separately. It costs more, but you end up getting 4 hours for each test instead of 4 hours for the whole thing.

Posted by: jazzjazz ()
Date: August 02, 2018 07:26PM

I scored a raw score of 82% on the reading and a score of 215 on the writing. Could someone translate my score for the reading portion? Did I pass I am soooo nervous.

Posted by: Teach ()
Date: October 26, 2018 05:40PM

So did you pass with those scores??

Posted by: Eunice ()
Date: July 25, 2022 03:19AM

I am also preparing for my recent exam date. I'm quite worried! trap the cat

Posted by: danish ()
Date: November 09, 2022 01:45AM

Your work is quite useful to me, and I eagerly anticipate reading more. If you have the time, I suggest playing the newly-discovered video game five nights at freddy's

Posted by: nuchiko ()
Date: December 23, 2022 02:04AM

This is wonderful, and I think we can all agree that having this information is pretty vital; many thanks for providing it. fnaf

Posted by: Die Spammer!!!!! ()
Date: December 23, 2022 07:13AM

nuchiko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is wonderful, and I think we can all agree
> that having this information is pretty vital; many
> thanks for providing it. href="https://fnafgame.io">fnaf

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Posted by: AnglaSchulz ()
Date: March 31, 2023 11:39PM

SHIT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2023 11:39PM by AnglaSchulz.

Posted by: alysa47 ()
Date: June 20, 2023 12:56AM

thanks!
If it's still okay with you, I took the writing test today, and the topic of my essay was whether or not alcohol usage should be permitted on college campuses.

geometry dash

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.