HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Based on Virginia Dept of Health website stats - the dirtiest Subway in Fairfax County is...
Posted by: Dr. Peter Venkman ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:44PM

There are 78 Subway restaurant in Fairfax County. Reading through the information available onlone here, http://www.healthspace.com/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf, I was impressed to discover that the majority of them have zero health inspection violation.

A few more had a handful of minor infractions - stuff that needs to be corrected but doesn't directly affect your food safety.

Also, a few had one or two critical violations. However, there was a tie for first place for the most number of critical violations at 4. Still not as bad as Tippy Taco's (Centreville) last inspection with 6 critical violations.

The two dirtiest Subway locations are:

7868 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria (4 critical, 1 minor)

262-A2 Cedar Lane, Vienna (4 critical, 1 minor)

Re: Based on Virginia Dept of Health website stats - the dirtiest Subway in Fairfax County is...
Posted by: Triste ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:58PM

Ay yi yi! El Subway en Calle Cedar? Sucio?

Re: Based on Virginia Dept of Health website stats - the dirtiest Subway in Fairfax County is...
Posted by: Bob the Builder ()
Date: May 08, 2013 10:09PM

No surprise about Richmond Hwy location. That whole area is so dirty, you get an STD just getting out of your car.

Posted by: gimme pmo meat ()
Date: May 08, 2013 11:11PM

good to know that most of them are clean

Posted by: Me too.... ()
Date: May 09, 2013 07:19AM

Bob the Builder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No surprise about Richmond Hwy location. That
> whole area is so dirty, you get an STD just
> getting out of your car.

No surprise on that one. The Cedar Lane in Vienna did surprise me alot.

Posted by: Jan F ()
Date: May 09, 2013 07:42AM

Typically, your larger chain restaurant operations are going to have dedicated employees whose sole job focus is food and workplace safety. I noticed very few of them on the list with violations.

Looking through the database of the link provided by the OP, I find the worst offenders to be independent Chinese restaurants. Not all of them, but it;s a category that stands out.

Posted by: DM4E2U9L ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:07AM

The reports are better than I expected. Subway for the win! Well, except the two nasty locations.

Posted by: Willie J.D. ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:17AM

The reason Subway has so few violations are they don't process/prepare or cook fresh product. That is not a bad thing, but many other restaurants deal w/ many fresh proteins/prep/cooking to temp-cooling to temp etc. Much more easy to be healthy and clean when you pull from a refrigerated bags.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:51PM

Bob the Builder Wrote:
> No surprise about Richmond Hwy location. That
> whole area is so dirty, you get an STD just
> getting out of your car.

ROFLMAO@ ALL of y'all thinking 5 violations in a fast food joint is a major thing

Hell the Charlie Chiangs in Herndon just got over FIFTEEN violations - http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1186035.html - yeah, that Worldgate area so dirty LoLz - you ppl with yr sterotypes - just HILARIOUS!!!!

All subway are dirty
Posted by: Blah Blah Blah ()
Date: May 09, 2013 01:01PM

All foods service are dirty. Cook your own.

Re: All subway are dirty
Posted by: Comfort Food ()
Date: May 09, 2013 01:09PM

Blah Blah Blah Wrote:
> All foods service are dirty. Cook your own.

Have you ever read the reports on the germiest place in your house?...

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/germs-in-kitchen

Makes Donna's Food Dump seem like heaven!

Posted by: Harris Teeter Deli Counter ()
Date: May 09, 2013 02:58PM

What's Subway?

This forum powered by Phorum.