HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Herndon :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Herndon name change proposed
Posted by: Hose A ()
Date: January 27, 2009 10:37AM

Has anyone else heard about this? There is a proposal in the works to change the name of the town of Herndon. Apparently, some folks don't think the name of the town accurately reflects its citizens. So they propose to change the name to the Town of Hernandez. It comes up for a vote next week with the town council.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Herndon name change proposed
Posted by: ernie ()
Date: January 28, 2009 02:08PM

I thought it was going to be changed to Hernando.

Posted by: Jose B ()
Date: January 31, 2009 03:20PM

Actually we were reserving the name for Reston. Seems Reston is now getting there fair share of illegal aliens especially since they pick up their yard workers in Herndon. Bunch of liberal nut cases....just look at Howell. She is now proposing in-state tuition for illegal aliens again this year!

Posted by: InsideGuy ()
Date: February 06, 2009 01:21PM

I think we need a name change for Sterling as well? Maybe Sterlando!

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:25PM

Sounds like something the Alliance for Herndon's Future might come up with. They sure do love their illegals. Especially the former Mayor.

http://www.herndonobserver.com/story08/news08/020609_alliance.html

Posted by: uscitizen ()
Date: June 24, 2009 04:34PM

They should rename it Puerto Rico, 'cause it's probably at least more than half fucking latino anyway.

Posted by: Adolf ()
Date: February 21, 2011 06:39PM

You dumb asses in Herndon really need to get off your asses and vote your liberal leaders out of their jobs or shut the hell up.

Posted by: Mickey Spillane ()
Date: January 08, 2012 09:51PM

Now, here is a little good advice.........get out and vote those people OUT. Don't yell and scream if you don't do anything to change your situation. Maybe you can't do a wholo lot, but you can........VOTE. DO IT!! Next election, try it, and see if it works.

Posted by: padro ()
Date: January 16, 2012 12:03AM

They should call it Poncho Via ville!

Posted by: Mickey Spillane ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:45AM

Why change the name? Who's bright idea was it? leave it up to a politician though, they want to change everything, except the way THEY do business. THEY want to stay in control, THEY want to make ALL the decisions, because THEY belive that THEY know what is best for everybody else. It's been Herndon forever, and there is absolutely NO need to change it..............I mean, if anything is to change, let's change the politicians and the way they do business!!

Posted by: No goats ()
Date: March 06, 2012 02:54PM

Thinking of Elden & Alabama, Hernandez is PERFECT! The place looks like the 3rd world dump countries they came from.

Posted by: Troy Cummings ()
Date: March 09, 2012 06:32PM

Amazing fear ... polarization personified ... the last refuge for societies dying prejudice ... gather together here online while hiding in your gated suburban fortresses ... cold pasty fingers pressed to the keyboard ... what was that sound? ... oh no ... illegals around every corner ... people with skin not the color of mine ... too tight smarty pants, yes we be ... its them I tell you, them them them ... only we are the real Americans ... if Fox News said it .... it must be true! ... don't worry ... the Republicans will save us ... I love my ammo ... circle the wagons ... Praise the Lord ... Amazing fear ... Polarization personified ... I love my PC keyboard ... I love my Hannity ... I love people like me ... only we should rule ... only we should exist ... only we ... we we we ... me me me ... ole!

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:23AM

I hate Hannity, I hate Beaners, and I hate Troy Cummings.

Posted by: The Jackal ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:48PM

Awesome!!

Posted by: Rudolfo ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:48AM

I hesitate to post anything other than absurd insults here with such insane and trite deliveries as Troy Cummings has posted above.. but I feel obliged by civic duty as a concerned citizen in the greater NoVA area, that I should do so. I only hope that it is read by someone genuine sooner or later.

You see Troy CUmmings...the people sitting in their gated communities, posting on their forums while their kids attend private schools, are not, as you suggest, your typical gun owners or right wing "nuts". From an outside perspective looking in, I can tell you that to me at least, more often than not, it is the left wing, Holier than thou, liberal that chooses to complain, sitting around judging others for being racist, classist and close minded.

More often it's the case of the ultra white liberal, brain washed with political correctness, casting judgements on others - terms like "gun nut, racist, close minded,ignorant or even, republican" are staples of their vocabulary - while resting comfortably in their 99.9% white gated community and sending their kids to private schools, away from the very schools they have voted to bus the poor kids into. They create the problem and then run from it, much like California. Integrate to the point of saturation, at which time noboby recognizes the original face of the town, city, state. Ask Angelians if LA was somehow missing something when it was only 15% Mexican...25% Mexican, 50% Mexican..at what point do people wake up and recognize cultural domination by 3rd world immigrants (as is the case in some SW USA cities) is not diversity, or "sharing" as the liberals like to call it, it is pure and simple a cultural saturation that flies in the face of all the past developments of such cities.

Think also, the North East of the USA, where they hands down vote Democrat and most proclaim to be Liberals, yet few have seen anything other than white faces (In my experience these folks also tended to judge me quicker than did some Texan for instance)

This saturation is starting here in places like Herndon. Unfortunately it won't end anytime soon. Guys like Mr. Cummings will sit and judge and label others as racists, untile his time comes and there will be nobody around that cares for his lilly white opinion, only those who will scoff at his rose colored vision on the new USA. People who will hate him just for the way he looks never realizing or thanking people like him for voting in open border policies and helping to deteriorate the very fabric and value of this nation.

Gracias

Posted by: Thomas Slayton ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:23PM

I am so glad I left Herndon for Charlottesville.

Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:06PM

SO what is the follow up topic for "Herndon" Name Change Debate ?

"Yea" or "Nay" , you residents of Herndon, VA (One of my favorite hometown USA)

An Urban Community of Vitality Success Model Hometown USA__Herndon Virginia

http://www.squidoo.com/an-urban-community-of-vitality-success-model-hometown-usa-herndon-virginia
Attachments:
HERNDON VA 0301.jpg

Posted by: uh-huh ()
Date: June 18, 2013 09:41PM

So they just need to change a few things with their poster and they can start the tourism campaign. Put a 7-11 on there, write it in Spanish, and lots of folks hanging out at the 7-11 - I'm sure it'll get just more and more popular!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.