HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Herndon :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WarSpying in herndon
Posted by: RbF_dark420 ()
Date: March 07, 2006 04:58AM

If you dont know what WarSpying is please click below to find out. And you can also download the video show if your too lazy to read. and they have other good shows. and if your bored thebroken.org has tons of fun projects for very little $$$. i built the door battering ram for $15 from the reston home depot.

WarSpying:
http://revision3.com/systm/warspyingbox/

Video Link:
http://revision3.com/systm/warspyingbox/media

I just built a regular warpsying system hooked up to my car, using a DC power inverter from radio shack, my digi-camera for LCD screen, and an X10 video receiver i found in a box of computer parts last week at work that was being given away for free. I havent built the auto-switching channel chip yet so have to switch manually. and dont have a UPS so im also stuck to the car for power source.

So bored today i had a bunch of errands to run and scanned the freq range of Channel-A. And found about 4x open security feeds on the A freq. Im going to be warspying in herndon for a while until i get bored with this project but will be updating new wireless video feeds as i find them.

#1 Dunkin Donuts on Elden st, and Fairfax county pky. I get a weird feed cant tell where its coming from but can be seen in front of the dunkin donuts. looks like a video feed from a TV for Weight Loss. Channel-A

#2 Kmart on Elden st, you can see an Isle inside the store and ppl walking by and shopping inside. Channel-A

#3 Video Connection - Elden st, not sure what the feed is, looks like the camera is on the floor looking at ppls feet or something. Channel-A

#4 Bayshire lane, and Crestview dr. Can see into someones private residence, the camera is located in the kitchen pointed at the back sliding glass door. Cant remember if it is on freq Channel-A. might be B or C.

If anyone knows of other video security feed points in FFX drop me a line. Also while warpsying may seem shady like voyuerism, It currently does not fall under the federal wire tapping laws, and is perfectly legal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WarSpying in herndon
Date: March 07, 2006 05:35AM

Just saw the "Articles" section up top. prolly should of posted this there. ohh well

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: March 07, 2006 09:56PM

Wow! I'm surprised the signal isn't being clobbered by cordless phones.

Date: March 07, 2006 10:36PM

Ya me too, it says it uses the 2.4gHz freq range. and cordless phones should mess with the interference of the signal, but so far I haven’t encountered that. And ive had issues in the past my phone conversation would cross with a neighbor but I guess since this is a video signal and not audio I might just get a little static. Im drinking a bunch of caffeine drinks now and going to go warspying all night tonight to see if I can cover most of Herndon on all frequency’s, and most ppl should be asleep and not using their phones.

Only the paraniod will Survive...

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 09, 2006 07:24PM

you can play with the channels on your router and you should find one out of the 11 that doesn't get interfered with.

Date: March 28, 2006 01:31AM

This is pretty much it for herndon http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Herndon,+VA, surprised I got alot more video receivers than i did security cams. If I get bored when the summer gets here i might scan other parts of FFX.

woodgrove ct - At the end of the street, security camera looks to be located in the garage.

winterwood place - video of TV broadcast at the end of the street.

sugarland meadow ct - video of TV broadcast at the end of the street.

Dranesville Rd / Bennett St - video of TV broadcast when driving by herndon high school.

Ferndale Ave / vine St - video of TV broadcast when driving by, seems to like FoxNews.

NEXTEC / 610 HERNDON PKWY HERNDON VA - security camera looking at 2x computers in a room. think its the test room and cam is for cheaters. * - http://www.nextecinc.com/

Town of Herndon's Industrial Strength Theatre / 269 Sunset Park Drive - security camera looking down on the main stage, Birds Eye View. * - http://www.eldenstreetplayers.org/images/ESP%20IST%2001.JPG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2006 01:51AM by RbF_dark420.

Date: June 08, 2006 08:47PM

Got bored with the nice weather and wanted to ride around for a bit in the cool night air the other night. and found 3x more unsecured Video feeds all in Channel-A.

Bond st - video of TV broadcast at the top of the street.

The UPS Store / Centerville Rd at the Clock Tower - security camera looking at the front door from the ceiling.

Avenir Home Theater / Dont know the road its behind the BBQ joint next to the Chantilly Expo Center off rt 28 - security camera looking at the front door from a camera sitting on a desk or table.

Posted by: Enigma ()
Date: August 03, 2008 11:38PM

WarSpying?!? Aw, that's so cute. ;-) What are you 15?! The 90's called, they want their hobby back. LOL.

Have fun I suppose. (rolling eyes) I have some ham and CB radio stuff you kids can play with too if you like. ;-)

Posted by: sunnyde ()
Date: December 11, 2008 09:58PM

fuck yeah yo keep on warspyin homes, this dude is gonna make some huge $ someday.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.