HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Green Earth Estates
Posted by: Lou ()
Date: June 27, 2012 07:06PM

On the way to Bull Run Park I always see this place called Green Earth Estates. It is surrounded by a wall and the gates are always closed so I can't see in. It looks like some sort of compound from what I can see over the wall. I tried googling it but no luck. Anyone know what this place is?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Earth Estates
Posted by: Mary ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:51AM

Next door to Green Earth Estates is the Vietnamese Buddhist Association, Van Hanh Center. It is 7605 Bull Run Dr. if you want to look on Google Earth. When you drive by you can see a very ornate pagoda type of structure. I can only assume that next property up the street- Green Earth Estates- is where the (monks?) live. Never knew it was there and it looks pretty big on Google Earth.

Posted by: Sam Simon ()
Date: July 16, 2012 10:32AM

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7509-Bull-Run-Dr-Centreville-VA-20121/89096927_zpid/

Zillow has this property listed at the above address at a time before the current structure was complete.

Fairax County has Mary Hall listed as the previous owner but has incomplete info regarding building permit, contractor, etc.

Curious?

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: November 01, 2012 03:26PM

Don't mean to bump the old, but any real ideas?

Posted by: Johnnnn ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:52AM

I just went to the house and met with the owner (I'm remodeling her clients home).. She is a business lady and surprisingly very friendly. The family is into all kinds of different businesses law, taxes, construction. The house is like a fortress with cameras everywhere. Very unique to say the least.

Posted by: marsha ()
Date: May 26, 2014 08:31PM

I was juxt passing by there for the first time this weekend and wondered if Elvis lived there :)

Posted by: lynn ()
Date: June 17, 2014 03:02PM

I used to live down the street and that place is very different. Wonder if she bought off zoning depth because the place is rated 4 bed perk and she has 9 1bed/bath/kitchen units in there, not counting the principle beds/baths/great room. Cameras everywhere and I am pretty sure no association with the illegal Vietnamese temple. Fairfax County is just corrupt. They have been trying to close that temple for 20 years.

Posted by: Lorixcg ()
Date: June 26, 2014 09:15PM

So she has 9 tenants living there? Why has the county been trying to get rid of the temple next door?

Posted by: Jeff S. ()
Date: June 28, 2014 05:54PM

Posted by: drew2000 ()
Date: July 26, 2014 06:04PM

Drove by today. On my first pass I thought it said "Great Faith Estates" and assumed it was a polygamist compound. Then I saw "Green Earth Estates" and now it is just a mystery. Love the giant wall.

We need a teenager to jump the wall at night and see what is going on there. Camera phone!

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 06:06PM by drew2000.

Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: August 02, 2014 03:46PM

The vietanamese Buddhist Assocition next door to Green Earth Estates seems much more interesting place to pay a visit sometimes when they have a celebration of a Buddhist Festival sometimes.

Anyone know anything about this Buddhist Temple at Bull Run ?

Is this a Zen Buddhist Temple or another older branch of Buddhism ?

Posted by: minh ()
Date: October 22, 2014 06:44PM

I think it might be some cult compound.

Posted by: Curious12345 ()
Date: June 09, 2016 11:29PM

Bump. Anybody have an idea? Someone needs to fly a drone in that place.

Posted by: Samantha ()
Date: July 26, 2017 10:55PM

Is it a nudist colony?

Posted by: Flatearther ()
Date: May 08, 2018 03:31PM

The pyramid at the top of the structure. It's either a freemason or illuminati temple or a lodge incognito.

Posted by: buddhist that goes to temple ()
Date: June 27, 2018 10:52AM

So the temple is super zen. I've been going to that temple for years, please do not say anything bad about it. Buddhists do not mean any harm at all.

The buddhist monks live at the temple itself and are super nice. Feel free to visit during one of the festivals, there is a lot of really nice people that will help you with parking, showing you around the temple site, etc.

I've always wanted to know what Green Earth Estates was though..

Posted by: Tra ()
Date: November 29, 2020 04:40PM

Why would anyone want to close down the Vietnamese temple? My family has been going there for years and we love having a temple close to home. What harm would this pure temple do to Fairfax county? Was curious anout the estate but reading someones mean comment about the temple hurts my heart!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.