HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Batavia Drive Trash Heap
Posted by: yourneighbor ()
Date: January 11, 2008 12:24PM

I am a resident of Batavia Drive. I have lived here for several years and I have had to deal with the most foul and disgusting neighbor. Her name is Donna (although we lovingly refer to her as "Fat Ass Yard Sale Lady") and her house is a dump! She has so much crap in her yard that people routinely go to her door trying to buy the things in the yard. She has at least 5 cars that she refuses to park in her driveway. She lives alone with her daughter so there's no need for them to have that many vehicles. One even has an expired Florida handicapped plate! All of the vehicles are piled to the ceiling with junk. There is only room for the driver. She parks in front of everyone else's houses and makes our street look like a junk yard.
We have tried petitions, calling the cops, reporting her vehicles, EVERYTHING! Nothing helps. Does anyone out there share the same frustration with this woman? She is ruining our quality of life and forcing her filth upon us. There has to be something that we can do to stop it....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batavia Drive Trash Heap
Posted by: Good Speller ()
Date: January 11, 2008 03:14PM

This is why HOA's can be a good thing.

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: January 11, 2008 03:15PM

that's like having a bad roommate, you just gotta keep quiet and slit thar throats LOL but seriously try talking to the people who run your residential area. Not sure if that works, you could try 911 again, maybe this time make sure to get your other neighbors in the same spot and they can talk to the cops about the situation.

Posted by: yourneighbor ()
Date: January 11, 2008 04:41PM

We don't have a HOA! I wish we did... She seems to have some sort of county connection. I was thinking that my next step was to try to have her comitted for 72 hours. I'm 99% sure that she has that disease where you hoard things.

Date: January 14, 2008 12:11PM

yourneighbor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We don't have a HOA! I wish we did... She seems to
> have some sort of county connection. I was
> thinking that my next step was to try to have her
> comitted for 72 hours. I'm 99% sure that she has
> that disease where you hoard things.

I know you don't have an HOA, that's why I said they are a good thing.

Have the rest of your neighbors join forces with you to create an HOA. Not sure how this would be done. You should check with a management company like Sequoia Mgmt to see how this would/could be done.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: January 14, 2008 05:04PM

No offense, but I would just move. That neighborhood has really gone downhill.

Posted by: uugghh ()
Date: January 19, 2008 09:00AM

Ugh.. Sequoia Management is horrible.

Posted by: oneway ()
Date: January 19, 2008 07:16PM

Going to have to drive by and check that out.

Date: January 21, 2008 10:39AM

uugghh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ugh.. Sequoia Management is horrible.

Is it Sequoia Management that is horrible, or the hispanics in your neighborhood that don't comply with the HOA rules?

Date: January 21, 2008 07:19PM

I used to have Sequoia as well and didn't live in that neigborhood- and they sucked ass.

Posted by: annonymous ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:54AM

703-324-1300

This is the County's Zoning Enforcement number. Outdoor storage is not permitted, the house should be deemed a junkyard - a use not permitted in the R-3(c) zoning district, and this is how you should present it to them.
HOA's should be there for civic functions, pools, and get togethers, not to do the County's job. I live in your neighborhood and know the house well. I imagine the inside is jamed packed with trash and she does have the typical traits of a hoarder. I would suggest that the fire marshal accompany Zoning to the site.

The downside with zoning is the violation time prescribed by the state can take up to 30 days, giving her a chance to clean up. I'd just follow up.

When you call, have them check the few houses near the cul-de-sac at the school side. There are about 3 in a row that constantly have junk cars, auto parts, a fallen fence. Also the houses along Braddock directly across from the Lutheran Church, they are always parking in the grass, and have cars without tags. Real property maintenance issues.

Date: January 26, 2008 04:42PM

Especially the house all the way at the end, (on Braddock, across from the Church)....that house has been on the market for at least 2 yrs. It's disgusting!!!

Posted by: neighbor ()
Date: January 31, 2008 03:35PM

Is that the house with big chunks of logs lining the sidewalks and with about 10 lawn chairs set up like a parade is coming? I saw a house like that in that neighborhood, but I'm not sure what street it was on.

At the very least the expired tag car should be towed away. Certainly the police could take care of that~

Are the daughters old enough to care for themselves? I hope they are ok.

I've seen those hoarders on Oprah and that is a disgustingly filthy disease.

YOu have my sympathies. I wish there were an easy solution for you.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.