HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
White Trash Murders Child Only Gets 3 Years
Posted by: DB ()
Date: December 21, 2007 04:23PM

From "Centreview" 12/20/07

Three Years Prison for Child's Death
By Bonnie Hobbs
December 20, 2007

If she'd lived, Crissmis Noelle Reese Jones would be enjoying all the Christmas lights and looking forward to celebrating her second birthday on Dec. 30.
But she was never given the chance. Instead, as a newborn infant, she was beaten so brutally inside her Centreville home that she died at just five days old. And last Friday in Fairfax County Circuit Court, her 40-year-old grandmother, Heather Tracie Thomas, was sentenced to three years in prison for the crime.

I find this kind of thing so repulsive mainly because this murdering trash is practically getting off the hook for killing a 5 day old infant. This c--- does not deserve to live at all, I hope she gets killed in jail. Our justice system is soooo f---ed up that a decent man (ie: Vice Principal Cub Run Elementary) growing pot in his closet at home for self consumption has his life ruined yet this embarrassment to humanity will in 3 years be back in her gov't subsidized home in shitty Londontown drinking beer, swearing, beating children and babies, whoring herself and generally being another white trash piece of shit from Centreville. I wish she were in China, they'd cap her ass then send her family a bill for the bullet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White Trash Murders Child Only Gets 3 Years
Posted by: CentreviewSam ()
Date: December 22, 2007 09:20PM

I agree. Three years is a joke.
And mom should be punished too.
And another baby involved.
Yikes!

DB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I find this kind of thing so repulsive mainly
> because this murdering trash is practically
> getting off the hook for killing a 5 day old
> infant. This c--- does not deserve to live at all,
> I hope she gets killed in jail. Our justice system
> is soooo f---ed up that a decent man (ie: Vice
> Principal Cub Run Elementary) growing pot in his
> closet at home for self consumption has his life
> ruined yet this embarrassment to humanity will in
> 3 years be back in her gov't subsidized home in
> shitty Londontown drinking beer, swearing, beating
> children and babies, whoring herself and generally
> being another white trash piece of shit from
> Centreville. I wish she were in China, they'd cap
> her ass then send her family a bill for the
> bullet.

Posted by: Don'tJudge ()
Date: December 29, 2007 07:14PM

Shut up. You idiots don't know these people.

Posted by: Judge ()
Date: December 29, 2007 10:00PM

WTF kind of asshole says "don't judge" someone who takes the life of a 5 day old infant. I not only judge that loser but you as well, you both need to be put down like poor rabid dogs that have no hope of ever becoming useful. What an embarrassment to the human race you are. Maybe your Grandma will do the world a favor and murder you.

Date: December 29, 2007 10:34PM

Hey, no one knows but them what happened in that house that night. And I bet no one has taken two minutes to try and ask them but the cops who just want someone to pay.

Date: December 29, 2007 10:55PM

Okay, seriously what excuse could a 40 year old grandmother left in charge of a a 5 day old infant have for the child being brutally beaten to death? Even if someone else actually did the deed she was still responsible because the child was left in her care. The picture of her in the paper made her out to look like a hardened, alcoholic redneck type typical of the wonderful Londontown area NOT the caring Grandmotherly type. I'm sure the cops didn't just pin it on her but the judge sure did let her off easy, barely a slap on the wrist. If you think there is more to it then speak up otherwise all we know are the facts presented in the news. All I know is an innocent child is dead, brutally beaten by someone, no accident, no sickness just some sicko who beat a baby to death and Grandma is found guilty. THE END

Date: December 30, 2007 08:32AM

Doesn't matter that the person who may have really done it is running the streets free to do it again?

See, as long as someone is punished.

Your kids must be very happy.

You: "Who broke this window?"
Kid: "I don't know."
You: "Oh well. One of you did so you get punished because you were here."

Date: December 30, 2007 01:02PM

I could continue to berate you but that would be too easy, I really feel sorry for you as you don't make any sense at all.
And who is this person who "May have really done it"? It doesn't matter because the grandma was still responsible and the mother (as stated by another poster) should also be charged for leaving the child in the care of such a person. If there is actually another person "running the streets" then I and everyone would surely want them arrested and punished too but that would NOT leave the grandmother and mother off the hook.
This sounds too much like OJ crying "the murderer is still out there"

I guess this how you think it should have played out.

Cop: "Who beat this 5 day old baby to death in your home?"
Grandma: "I don't know."
Cop: "Okay, you're off the hook"

Yeah, my kids are happy but best of all they're alive.

Date: December 30, 2007 07:35PM

I wasn't saying that no one should be punished. I think they should. But why should we be pleased it is the grandmother sitting in there rotting and not the one who had the baby, snuck her to her room, fell asleep on top of the baby, shook her to wake her, then put her back in the bed and covered her head. These are all things the mother has said she did. I think mom should be the one being punished and not the grandmother. Grandma needs help without a doubt, but she didn't kill anyone. Justice is not being served and there is a lot being said about grandma when all eyes should be on mom.

Posted by: Sickened ()
Date: January 07, 2008 08:39AM

Oh my GOD! This is so sick. And just plain sad. I happened upon the links under another topic on here and read the story. This is so sad.

Crazy Heather Thomas, the grandmother, is in jail and missing out on raising the new baby. Sicko Samantha Jones, the "mother", is out and about doing whatever it is she feels like doing (hopefully this does NOT include having more kids until she gets some SERIOUS therapy),

Samantha Jones is the killer here. The wrong doer. Why is it that it is acceptable for Mrs. Thomas to be serving the time that Ms. Jones should be serving? Mrs. Thomas admitted shaking the baby, but Ms. Jones said she took the baby to her room and admitted doing these harmful things to her. It was not stated in the last article. but the one before that.

I think it is unforgivable what happened to this baby. My husband and I had a child that we lost to SIDS around the same time that this baby was murdered. To think that a mother had the chance to see her child grow and learn and she just didn't care. Seriously, shouldn't there be more concern for this baby then there seems to be?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I think Ms. Jones got off way to easily and I really hope that one day, it comes back to her. And I really wish they'd put her picture out there like they did Mrs. Thomas'. I live in Centreville and would love the opportunity to tell Ms. Jones what I think of her if I were to ever see her in a store. But, all I can hope for is that she reads this. And if she does, this is to her.

You are sick. You are a murderer. And always remember young lady, you are the mother of a dead child. A child you brought into this world for just 5 days and then violently took out of this world. You should be hiding your head in shame. And you owe your mother some much. Make something of yourself. Give her something to be proud of. Make what she did for you worth it. And get some therapy. The world knows you need it.

OK. I'm done.

Snide comments from other posters to follow.

Good day Fairfaxunderground.

Date: January 08, 2008 12:52AM

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have gone off on the grandma or "Don'tjudge" because the last Centreview article was the only information I had when I originally posted. I guess the reason Thomas only got 3 years was because she may not have been completely responsible.

I agree the whole thing is just sick and really disturbing which is why I posted this as rant in the first place. Everyone I tell about it is disgusted as well. I'm surprised this story didn't get more media attention because no one I tell seems to even know about it. If Jones did admit to killing the baby then I don't know what the fuck justice there is, do they just ignore that shit?

I know there are some great parents out there doing great things with their kids but at the same time there are way too many losers reproducing only because they can. Shit like this only proves what I have claimed ""Any moron can have kids and most of them do".

Posted by: More Information ()
Date: January 08, 2008 08:36AM

Here is the link to the prior article on this story.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?archive=true&article=82400&paper=62&cat=104

I too am surprised at the lack of coverage on this, as well as the apparent lack of concern for the whole thing. Have we really gotten to the point where we are just numb to these things? No one I talk to has heard this story either, despite my efforts of getting this story out there. Is this story different because Ms. Jones didn't place her baby in a dumpster, but killed her with her own hands instead? When it first happened, it was on all the channels and in the Washington Post. Then nothing. The Connection and The Times Community Newspaper were following it, then the Times dropped it. Guess it just dragged out for too long.

I don't know. Makes me sad all the way around.
I know I am touched by it.

Posted by: a friend ()
Date: January 08, 2008 08:39AM

Sickened Wrote:
> And I really wish
> they'd put her picture out there like they did
> Mrs. Thomas'.

is it against the law to post her pic if i no her.

can she call the cops or anything if i post it.

Posted by: Momto4 ()
Date: January 08, 2008 09:07AM

:P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 08:15PM by Momto4.

Posted by: DB ()
Date: February 02, 2008 06:03PM

No, she can't do anything to you because you are anonymous on this board and posting a pic is not against the law. If she does have a problem with it she can probably get this site administrator to remove it but that is all.

Posted by: Never Forget ()
Date: July 04, 2008 11:13AM

bump

Date: July 04, 2008 06:50PM

But Crissmis had only been home for 18 hours when, on Jan. 4, 2006, Thomas called 911. When paramedics arrived, the baby was cold, her lips were turning blue and she had no pulse or breath. The child received CPR, but did not respond.

Dr. Christine Snell worked on her for an hour at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital before pronouncing her dead at 6:58 a.m. An autopsy revealed multiple abrasions and contusions on Crissmis's face, head, neck and torso, plus optic-nerve hemorrhages characteristic of shaken babies.

There was bleeding around the baby's liver, small intestine, diaphragm and pancreas, and one-fourth of the total amount of blood in her body was found in her abdominal cavity. The official cause of death was "trauma to the head and torso, caused by multiple blows."

THOMAS entered an Alford plea, not admitting guilt, but acknowledging the existence of enough evidence to find her guilty. Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Camille Turner said Thomas told Det. John Wallace that, the night of Jan. 3, 2006, she had six to eight shots of bourbon and rum."

..................................................................................

"At 4 a.m., the baby was crying, and [Thomas] said she fed Crissmis and put her back in her crib," continued Turner. "When the baby cried again [after a short while], the defendant demonstrated to police on a stuffed animal how she shook Crissmis for about 20 seconds."

Turner said the baby vomited, but Thomas didn't call a doctor. "She thought it was because she'd shaken [the infant]," said the prosecutor. "[Thomas] fell asleep for 30 minutes and, when she awoke, Crissmis wasn't moving, at all."

But defense attorney Michael Arif said the child's mother, Samantha Jones, gave him a written statement, a year later, in which she admitted waking, Jan. 4, 2006, around 1 or 2 a.m., while Thomas slept, and bringing Crissmis into her own bed for some "mom-and-baby time."

But Jones fell asleep and woke up atop the infant. Said Arif: "She was scared because the baby wasn't responding ... so she shook her forcefully because she was frightened." When Crissmis suddenly opened her eyes, Jones placed her back into the crib and, not telling anyone what happened, raced back to bed and pulled the covers over her head.

..................................................................................

THEN JONES testified, "All I want people to know is my mother did nothing wrong. It was a mistake, and I accept it." As Heather Thomas listened and cried, her daughter stood by her written statement, adding, "I just want my mom home; we need to be a family. My mom doesn't deserve this."

"Did you ever try to tell Det. Wallace that you were the one that hurt Crissmis?" asked prosecutor Pavluchuk. "No," replied Jones. "I was way too afraid to."

And if not for her mother's imminent sentencing, "You would have never told the truth now?" asked Pavluchuk. "Yes," answered Jones. "I don't like to tell things."

Still, said Pavluchuk, "The Commonwealth is deeply concerned by the defendant's statements because they've widely varied. First, she said she shook the baby, then she said she didn't know how it happened and pointed a finger at the paramedics. Now, Miss Jones admits to causing the injuries which killed her daughter."

Pavluchuk said Thomas's Alford plea signified that she "hasn't accepted responsibility for her actions. They say they want to be a family again, but that family is now one person short. And no one knows by how many years — 70, 80, 90 — her life was cut short, so the defendant needs to be held accountable for her actions."

Arif reiterated Jones's role in the events. However, he added, "Sam did shake [Crissmis], but the injuries to her were already in place. The child didn't die exclusively of shaken-baby syndrome." And he said the Alford plea was "so I wouldn't have to point a finger at her daughter. [Thomas] wouldn't let me implicate Sam in the death of her child."

Asking Judge Jonathan Thacher to adhere to the sentencing guidelines, Arif said, "This is a family that's been torn apart."

Addressing the court, Thomas said, "I come before you in great sorrow and regret for the death of my granddaughter. I shook her to see if I could get a response from her before calling 911. I did not believe I'd done anything to cause her death. I would like grief counseling with my family so I could start the healing process." Thomas said if she'd known then what Jones had done, she'd have called 911 right away.

But Thacher, saddened, disgusted and angry at what happened to the infant, would have none of it. "I understand you entered an Alford plea, but I reject it out-of-hand," he told Thomas. "This wasn't a shaken-baby case — this was about a 5-day-old child who had 26 trauma sites to her body and four subdural hematomas to her skull."

THACHER painstakingly listed, one by one, each and every injury the newborn had sustained, including abrasions and contusions to her nose, cheek, jaw, chin, teeth and lip. He described the color and location of each bruise she had — even the purple contusions on her cheek, neck and above her ear, plus bruises on her back and several skull hemorrhages.

"That's not a child who was shaken," he said. "That's a child who was beaten and abused in the worst, possible way — an innocent, 5-day-old child, unable to take care of itself. And this woman was responsible for its care."

Thacher told Thomas: "You've pleaded guilty and, if ever a case called for deviation from the guidelines, this is it." He then sentenced her to 10 years in prison, suspending seven, and placing her on four years active probation upon her release.

Afterward, Pavluchuk called the sentence appropriate: "When a life is taken, justice needs to be done, and I think it was."

(points in the article not important to my point omitted. Copied and pasted from "The Connection's" web site.)

Date: August 24, 2008 09:57AM

bump

Date: September 19, 2008 08:43PM

bump

Date: October 21, 2008 10:12PM

bump

Date: November 23, 2008 12:15AM

bump.

almost 2 years.

Posted by: NeverForget ()
Date: December 31, 2008 01:35AM

She would have been three. Happy Birthday Crissmis.

Date: January 22, 2009 03:50PM

bump

Date: February 23, 2009 04:10PM

bump

Date: March 20, 2009 11:48PM

bump

Posted by: d. trump ()
Date: March 25, 2009 10:11AM

Somebody call Nancy Grace, you dont want her up your butt, voted angriest white celebraty in America in a recent poll,

Date: April 21, 2009 10:24PM

bump

Date: May 23, 2009 11:20AM

bump

Posted by: Never forget ()
Date: June 25, 2009 12:34AM

bump

Date: July 24, 2009 05:43PM

bump

Date: September 27, 2009 01:07AM

bump

Date: February 07, 2010 06:59PM

bump

Granny gets released 04/05/2010.

Posted by: pissed off ()
Date: February 26, 2010 11:21PM

Sam is still living with her stepfather in the same house, along with her 28 yo boyfriend and their now one year old son.. granny gets out next month so they can all be a happy family again.. still disgusted that no ones doing more jail time for this..

Date: February 27, 2010 01:12PM

Wow. I had no idea she had another child. And add to that the almost 4 year old girl that Granny had right before she got locked up, Trinity, and that is two children in harms way once granny gets out. I hope they watch this family closely. She's on probation for 4 years when she's released. I hope the PO checks everything out. Those poor children.
I still firmly believe Samantha should have been punished. I think it's sick that people get life sentences for committing crimes that involve money, put take a new born's life and you walk away in 3 years. Totally crazy.
Crissmis may have meant nothing to her family, put she will never be forgotten. This whole case is just way to sad.
RIP Crissmis. I'm sorry you will never get the justice you truly deserve.

Date: March 31, 2010 07:58AM

bump

Posted by: CentreViewSam ()
Date: April 06, 2010 05:49PM

She's free. Hide your kids!

Date: April 26, 2010 06:36PM

bump

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 27, 2010 08:02AM

forget what?

Posted by: White Trash ()
Date: May 04, 2010 05:45PM

mhmm...

Posted by: White Trash ()
Date: May 04, 2010 05:48PM

"Leroy, I told you to get that F-150 outta da yard! And you best be gettin your fancy schmancy clothes on... we're a goin to to hear the word of God baby jesus today!"

Date: July 01, 2010 12:53AM

bump

Date: August 06, 2010 03:21PM

bump

Date: August 29, 2010 02:04PM

bump

Date: September 28, 2010 10:34PM

bump

Posted by: TAKEaBUMP ()
Date: October 29, 2010 11:14PM

DB Wrote:
> From "Centreview" 12/20/07
>
> Three Years Prison for Child's Death
> By Bonnie Hobbs
> December 20, 2007
>
> If she'd lived, Crissmis Noelle Reese Jones would
> be enjoying all the Christmas lights and looking
> forward to celebrating her second birthday on Dec.
> 30.
> But she was never given the chance. Instead, as a
> newborn infant, she was beaten so brutally inside
> her Centreville home that she died at just five
> days old. And last Friday in Fairfax County
> Circuit Court, her 40-year-old grandmother,
> Heather Tracie Thomas, was sentenced to three
> years in prison for the crime.
>
>
> I find this kind of thing so repulsive mainly
> because this murdering trash is practically
> getting off the hook for killing a 5 day old
> infant. This c--- does not deserve to live at all,
> I hope she gets killed in jail. Our justice system
> is soooo f---ed up that a decent man (ie: Vice
> Principal Cub Run Elementary) growing pot in his
> closet at home for self consumption has his life
> ruined yet this embarrassment to humanity will in
> 3 years be back in her gov't subsidized home in
> shitty Londontown drinking beer, swearing, beating
> children and babies, whoring herself and generally
> being another white trash piece of shit from
> Centreville. I wish she were in China, they'd cap
> her ass then send her family a bill for the
> bullet.

AMEN BROTHA.
That principal was dealing to the elementary kids in the bathroom though.

Posted by: oh and ()
Date: October 29, 2010 11:18PM

that bitch who shook the child actually should be killed. i just read a description and it made me genuinely sick. that is just plain wrong son.

Posted by: kill the shit colored ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:31PM

fuck you niggers.....you all will be dead soon

Posted by: J. Keats ()
Date: January 12, 2011 01:41AM

Why Did I Laugh Tonight?

Why did I laugh tonight? No voice will tell:
No God, no Demon of severe response,
Deigns to reply from Heaven or from Hell.
Then to my human heart I turn at once.
Heart! Thou and I are here, sad and alone;
I say, why did I laugh? O mortal pain!
O Darkness! Darkness! ever must I moan,
To question Heaven and Hell and Heart in vain.
Why did I laugh? I know this Being's lease,
My fancy to its utmost blisses spreads;
Yet would I on this very midnight cease,
And the world's gaudy ensigns see in shreds;
Verse, Fame, and Beauty are intense indeed,
But Death intenser -Death is Life's high meed.

John Keats
1795-1821

Posted by: Never forget ()
Date: January 12, 2011 08:52PM

She would have been 5.

Rest in peace Criss. You didn't deserve what you got.

Date: April 21, 2011 01:54AM

bump

Posted by: the truth ()
Date: May 14, 2011 04:43PM

That lady is really nice, she lives right next to me. she didn't kill the baby but she took the blame. That is all.

Date: May 21, 2011 09:27AM

the truth Wrote:
> That lady is really nice, she lives right next to
> me. she didn't kill the baby but she took the
> blame. That is all.

You're kidding, right? A baby died at the hands of you people and you say "She's really nice. She didn't kill the baby but took the blame." What the hell is THAT? That's ok to you? A baby died in that house. They beat the hell out of the poor little 5 DAY OLD INFANT and she died. 5 DAYS OLD!! They are NOT nice people. They're killers.

BUMP

Date: June 13, 2011 11:31PM

bump

Posted by: Krisp ()
Date: June 16, 2011 01:33PM

What street do these people live on in london towne?

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: June 21, 2011 06:44PM

Posted by: Never Forgey ()
Date: June 21, 2011 06:58PM

Both baby killers had more kids too. I hope someone's watching them.

Date: September 19, 2011 10:30PM

Bump

Posted by: Tyrone ()
Date: September 22, 2011 02:00AM

I'm pretty sure that we all want to forget the death...or rather very late term abortion of this kid. I mean fuck, who really names a kid Crissmis? That's like blacks naming their kids orangejello and lemonjello. Better off dead than growing up in that family.

Never Forget Wrote:
> Bump

Posted by: Tyrone Shoes ()
Date: September 22, 2011 06:39AM

Tyrone..that is a horrible analogy about blacks..They don't know flavors, just colors..now if you said like blacks naming their kids yellowjello or redjello I'd give you a pass. But even still "jello?" You people are all about Kool-Aid I thought?

Posted by: Tyrone Shoes ()
Date: September 22, 2011 06:40AM

I would go even further to say that the name was close to a black name as it was spelled completely phonetically... you know blacks have difficulty with spelling names......#justsaying

Date: September 29, 2011 11:33PM

Bump

Not that it matter's, but the birth vessel of poor Crissmis is bi-racial.

Posted by: knowing ()
Date: January 01, 2012 10:09PM

i know them tracie is extremely violent and samantha is a pathological liar. i feel sorry for them but i believe they both got off easy

Date: January 02, 2012 11:07PM

I know then too. And that's them in a nutshell.

Date: March 30, 2012 02:28PM

bump

Posted by: never forget ()
Date: February 10, 2013 03:42PM

bump

Posted by: Still Never forget ()
Date: May 15, 2017 09:32AM

Bump

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.