HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Asian influences continue to grow in Centreville
Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: February 23, 2011 08:35PM

"The Asian population of Centreville has increased from roughly 14 percent in 2000 to about 26 percent in 2010, according to the census."

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/story.php?id=3064

Interesting story. I really thought the Hispanic numbers were going to be a lot higher but apparently not. This matches a little what I've been observing in our neighborhood the last few years. Hispanics moving out - Asians moving in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Asian influences continue to grow in Centreville
Posted by: Lana ()
Date: August 22, 2011 03:26PM

You should be happy. With Asians come businesses. With businesses comes the rise of property value.

idiot.

Posted by: bs ()
Date: August 22, 2011 08:05PM

Ya sure, my Asian neighbors keep their front yard looking like a vacant lot. They are keeping the car industry afloat though, they need a parking garage

Posted by: Meah Kooreeeeaannn ()
Date: September 09, 2011 12:30PM

Lana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should be happy. With Asians come businesses.
> With businesses comes the rise of property
> value.
>
>
> idiot.

Where are these so called "businesses" you speak of? You mean all the KP stores that only cater to Koreans??? Or the ones they open and close over night? Or the ones they raise the rent on on white businesses to drive them out??? I'm confused on which businesses you speak of? All I do know is owning multiple properties in C'Ville I have sold all but 1, and I am more than happy to leave this thriving mecca of commerce the "koreans" have brought with them....funny I never noticed it on any of my properties?????? Thanks for playing Lana, but you have alot to learn. You do not always need to stick up for something you believe to be racist, when in reality is fact. I am Viet so you can save the white racist comment for someone else.

Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: January 18, 2012 02:42PM

Asians are a positive influence in all Fairfax Community due to culture and family values. There are negatives of course as in every culture. But by an large Asian community provide a positve force for healthier community goals in Fairfax and Nothern Virginia .

Do Potluck with Family and Friends with a Creative Theme of Community Spirit

http://www.squidoo.com/workshop/do-potluck-with-family-and-friends-with-a-creative-theme-of-community-spirit

Cafe Twin CTV Conversations Neighbor to Neighbor
Twitter ID: @waldenthreenet
Attachments:
PERFUME  0314.jpg

Posted by: Tucker ()
Date: January 20, 2012 08:44AM

I'd have to agree with Lana on this point. Take for example the shopping center on Braddock Springs Road. There wasn't much there before and now the parking lot is constantly filled due to many of the Korean owned businesses and restaurants there. If you look at the land value trend in the past 7 years (it's public record at HUD), you'll see that the residential area near there has grown in an upward trend of at least 12% in the past 2 years.
Plus, Lana doesn't indicate whether she's Korean or Viet or Thai or Caucasian or etc. Most of the commercial areas are owned by what you call "white businesses" (ex. Combined Properties) and they are raising rents which cause them to be forced out of their own? Your statement doesn't seem to make much sense.
I've never gone into any business that was owned by Korean, Vietnamese, African American, Latino or any other race that I felt was "catered" to their own race. I've always felt welcome because they want my money. I believe that is how a business is run but you seem to indicate that you are Vietnamese and you come off as angry towards Koreans. You even indicated that your name is "Meah Koreeaaans"? That's obviously an indication of your hate for them. Maybe they hurt you in the past or as a child?
I hope you are able to see past your hate for Koreans someday and know that racism is racism and hate is hate no matter whether its towards Caucasians, Thai, Vietnamese, Koreans, African Americans, Cambodians or whatever it is you are angry about. Especially being in the property sales business. All races are your bread and butter and you should try to remember that.

Posted by: Comfort Food ()
Date: January 20, 2012 09:34AM

Tucker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never gone into any business that was owned
> by Korean, Vietnamese, African American, Latino or
> any other race that I felt was "catered" to their
> own race...

Discrimination knows no "racial" boundaries.

My non-Korean Asian wife has gone to Korean grocery stores and distinctly felt unwanted when talking with certain Korean employees of same. As soon as she discusses something with them NOT in Korean, they turn off. There are, of course, a thousand possible reasons for that (not the least of which, of course, is the inability of the employee to speak English well) however from HER point of view it is the same as "we cater to Koreans only".

Posted by: Helix ()
Date: January 09, 2016 08:58PM

Good grief, that's good. More asians the better.

Posted by: Wow. ()
Date: February 08, 2016 09:17PM

OMG, who cares?!

Posted by: resurrectionof4yearoldposts ()
Date: March 09, 2016 08:16PM

ok so what other 4 year old threads can we revive?

Posted by: Koreantakeover ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:05PM

I think the problem here is that there is a not just a general frustration in the expansion of Koreans and Korean businesses in Centreville, Annandale, and basically all over northern VA, but a frustration of their lack of acceptance to the community around them.

Some people spit out nasty racist comments while others feel that have to defend them because of said racist comments. However, there is a pink elephant in the room with all this: Overall Korean culture, their racist and shady business dealings.

Ive lived in the area for over 20 years and saw the change. As someone who is not white, I've noticed the disrespect the Korean community has shown to me, simply because of the color of my skin. I'm a law abiding citizen but I have been accused of stealing (upon entering) a dollar store in the Centreville shopping center by the Korean owners. I never had time to even see what they sold, I literally walked in, said hello, next thing I know they're yelling at me and taking my license plate number. I never touched a thing!
I was also informed that a similar situation happened to a POLICE OFFICER at a Korean own Deli at one of our major hospitals in our area (yes, the owner accused a police officer of stealing).

I have been dismissed, talked down to and even scammed in this area while watching my White counterparts have their feet kissed by the very same Koreans.

They are the biggest racists of any group I have seen. They don't talk to you unless you are Korean or white. They hide in their homes and run underground gambling and sex trafficking rings (My neighborhood has found 2 instances thus far and we're a high class area including the beloved SPA WORLD being under investigation in 2014).

They don't buy car insurance but will run red lights, run stop signs and even drive on the wrong side of the road to cut you off. When they do get into car accidents, they will hire their cousin or uncle in Annandale to represent them and then sue you for personal injuries they did not sustain. Then, they will get their other cousin or aunt or whoever to make up chiropractic massage bills to present to the court indicating the "treatments" they have had for their false injuries. Need I not mention the "Me no English" card they love to play VERY WELL when they want to, in order to get out legal situations.

Lastly, most of their business establishments encounter numerous health code violations. So many Korean owned places have mysteriously gone out of business or have been "closed for construction" indefinitely for the past 4 years. Additionally, I have had my credit card number stolen from Korean grocery stores and Korean businesses than any other establishment in the area.

Ive done my best to be accepting, tolerant and open to these businesses as well as their culture but in return I have experienced racism, prejudice and scams run by these people.

Yes the comments on this thread are racist but I cam assure you that they come from the frustrations of people from all walks of life being excluded out of their local community because they are not "Korean" or "White."

So how to deal with this? Don't buy from their stores, don't shop in their shopping centers. If I'm going to be insignificant to them because I'm not a blonde hair blue-eye white person or Korean, I will continue to support other mom and pop businesses owned by other races around the world looking to educate people about their culture (Like Indian, Arab, Greek, Japanese, Vietnamese, Hispanic, Ethiopian etc.) instead of feeling like an outcast in my own neighborhood because I'm not one of them.

Posted by: Leslie Chow ()
Date: May 15, 2016 10:12AM

I took this pic outside of SPA World yesterday.

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: May 21, 2016 11:46PM

I have had my run ins with some Korean women, they can be some nasty bitches. They are arrogant and downright rude, one got into a confrontation with a very polite African American at a U-haul store in Manassas. I was there waiting in line to pick up some banker boxes, a gentleman who being helped was in the back looking at boxes to get the serial number. This Korean woman walks in with this guy right up to the counter, myself and another guy were waiting too. The service guy gets off the phone and she tells him something, the gentleman comes up and explains to her he was there first. She literally goes off on this guy and tells him "Fuck You" several times, she doesn't let up. He was very polite and asked her why she had to be so rude, she then tells him "I no see you cause you brack". REALLY! She had to bring race into her rage? I stepped in and told her she needs to leave if she cannot compose herself in a polite manner, she was ready to go off on me until I told her I was calling the police. She decided to leave, I guess she didn't want her reputation tarnished with he police.

Posted by: bornhere ()
Date: July 10, 2016 06:01PM

Learn English you stupid fucks. Then I will respect you. I work in a store and CANNOT understand you asian invaders. Go away. Or learn English. assholes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.