HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Scammer Alert - Giant at Union Mill Road, Clifton/Centreville
Posted by: HiredGun ()
Date: July 28, 2016 04:36PM

Was in the Giant shopping center lot at Union Mill in Clifton and parked at the end of the lot near the Outback.

There was a guy sitting in a blueish/grey Hyundai Santa Fe (tag: VGC 8421) yapping on his cell phone. I pulled into the spot slowly (have a large truck) on his left (drivers) side and didn't want to sideswipe his car. I park and as I am leaving I just do a check to make sure that he can get out without dinging my car.

I've walked about 30 feet when a five feet tall sweaty swarthy italian/greek/kosovan/other white guy yells "....so you are just gonna walk away after hitting a car...." and gives me a shit-eating grin. I turn around as I'm 99.999% sure that I didn't hit his car. If I did I would have felt it and would have seen his car move and the dipshit wouldn't have waited 2-3 mins to alert me to the fact that I had hit his car - yes it took him that long to get his portly sun starved body out of his car.

We proceed to argue for 10 mins -- trading various insults -- he teeth, dress sense and cultural heritage. Me about his diminutive stature (I'm only 5' 8" but I was a giant compared to this dwarf) and lack of dress sense, social grace and skills. Finally he says he's going to call the cops - I said go ahead. I have nothing to lose and I know that he's trying to scam me. He makes various calls -- trying to convince me he's talking to his insurance company and then another call to the cops. He asks if I am willing to trade insurance details and I tell him that I'm fine waiting for the cops to show up.

Finally after another ten minutes of theatrics, he rubs the bumper of his car and the supposed scratches just disappear into thin air - magic! At this point he hurls a few more insults and drives off. He drove around a couple of times to see whether I left but I was in a place where I could monitor him.

As I was leaving, our friends from the FFX County Police arrived. I explained the situation but they were of very little help - they wanted to see if he was still around but I didn't any more time to waste by waiting to see what they found.

Hopefully this post helps to prevent this lowlife from further profiting from this scam he's got going.

HiredGun

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.