HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
cars getting jacked
Posted by: sldkfj ()
Date: July 06, 2009 04:22AM

did anyone get things stolen from their cars? one of my relatives who lives near stone road got atleast 3K of stuff stolen a few weeks ago..and almost had their car stolen as they left it to warm up unattended in the winter..not to mention when i lived in belle pond farm in the early 2000's some bored teenagers from whs had the nerve to steal from my dads car which they went to court for..and of course my dad pleaded that they wouldnt have any harsh punishment other then community service..which they ended up getting i believe 400 hours..but what pissed me off more was that the parents did not have any deceny in apologizing for what their kids did..not to mention my dad letting them off the hook..after that i have always locked my cars. centreville is going down the drains.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cars getting jacked
Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: July 06, 2009 09:05PM

Yep... some bored teenagers broke into a car 10 years ago and now it's happened again... in an area with a population +50K that's just shocking... I've lived in Centreville for 20 years and have never been a victim of any sort of crime.

If someone is dumb enough to leave their car unlocked or running unattended I really don't have any sympathy for them. Most crimes of this sort are crimes of opportunity - don't make it easy for lazy criminals or bored teenagers - lock your car and don't leave any valuables in plain view.

Re: cars getting jacked
Posted by: Schme ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:05AM

3000 dollars worth of stuff? What kind of stuff do you keep in the car? Coach purses? Geez.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.