HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best Apt complex in Centreville
Posted by: Kuped ()
Date: July 30, 2012 02:51PM

Seeking to move to a decent Apartment Complex in Centreville. In driving by, Bent Tree, Post Corners, Woodway, and Lakeside cought my eye. Any opinions about these?

Thanks,

New Citizen Kuped

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Apt complex in Centreville
Posted by: GFR ()
Date: July 31, 2012 02:27AM

Bent Tree sucks. It may seem to have lower rent but they add fees to your rent. Ask what your total monthly charges willl be. Front office is very disorderly. Took them a hour to find my file once when I had questions about my rent. The question was why I got a notice on my door that I was $.10 past due on my rent. Yes 10 cents and it was an error by the office due to them telling me what my first months rent would be. Told them up front I had two cars needing parking passes. Was told I would get two and a visitor pass when I signed my lease. Lease states each apartment gets 2 parking passes. They count your visitor pass as one of those. Needed to stay one month beyond my lease ending before I was ready to move out. Told them when I moved in this may happen. Was told no problem but the rent would go up that month "about $200". It went up almost $400. Took them over an hour to figure out what it would be. The apartment floors and walls viberates when your neighbors use their washing machines and dryers. Your whole apartment viberates when you use you own. They also will try to charge you for BS fees when you move out. I had no damage and the carpet was very clean. I walked though with mangemnet for an inspection after I moved out. Was told no damage was found and carpet looked good. Month later get letter saying they are not returning most of my deposit for cleaning fees.

Posted by: Bent Tree Sucks ()
Date: August 01, 2012 12:33AM

Bent Tree is horrible and they are a bunch of crooks. They will find any excuse to take your money even if it is their fault. One of the office employees messed up on my lease and every month I would get a letter on my door saying I owed them extra money when i brought it to their attentions that it was clearly their fault for messing up my lease. Plus the rent might be cheap in the beginning but if you want to re-new your lease thats where they will get you. The units and buildings are not the best of shapes and good luck finding parking depending on where you live in the neighborhood. Spend an extra couple of hundred bucks and move closer to Fairfax Corner.

Posted by: JohnK ()
Date: August 23, 2012 01:21PM

I've lived at Post Corners for the past year and been pretty happy with them. The response to service requests is very quick and my rent was only hiked about 7% on my 2nd year lease. Most of the residents keep to themselves, not many children in the neighborhood, quite a few dog lovers in the complex.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 24, 2012 11:49AM

You're best bet is to look for a townhouse/condo for rent. With the downturn in the housing market there are many "nice" rentals for the same price as renting an apartment.

Posted by: James ()
Date: October 30, 2012 11:18PM

I always liked visiting Bent Tree. Never lived there. Got towed for parking in a loading zone for like 15 mins. You might think I'm bitching, but I'm not. Complex I live in in Fredericksburg never tows anyone, even though you need a pass, so parking gets real crowded. So there's that at least.

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:26PM

Bent tree is pretty nice, but why pay $1300/month for a small 1 bedroom when there are lots of 2-3 bedroom condos/townhouses being rented out for about the same?

Check homesdatabase, realtor.com, craigslist, etc and look around- bet you can find more space for your money! Only do the apartment if you can't find something else reasonable in enough time for you to move out.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: GFR ()
Date: November 08, 2012 12:02PM

flight risk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bent tree is pretty nice, but why pay $1300/month
> for a small 1 bedroom when there are lots of 2-3
> bedroom condos/townhouses being rented out for
> about the same?
>
> Check homesdatabase, realtor.com, craigslist, etc
> and look around- bet you can find more space for
> your money! Only do the apartment if you can't
> find something else reasonable in enough time for
> you to move out.
>
> Hope this helps!

Brent Tree is nice???? Are you fucking insane or did you move here from Southeast DC? I'm sorry...maybe you just have not lived there in the last 5 years. While some of the apartments look OK and some of the people living are good people....the shit heads that live in Brent Tree outweighs the nice people. However, the poor management is what really brings the place down.

Renting condo/townhouse is a much better choice.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.