HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bull Run Post Office Road Abandoned Cars, Machines, etc.
Posted by: A ()
Date: May 19, 2012 10:51PM

So there's this old road off of Bull Run Post Office Road that has all these abandoned vehicles and junk lying around. There's all sorts of rusty machinery - a car, a blue truck, two trailers, a digger and other construction equipment as well as all sorts of debris like wood planks, appliances, detached sinks, tires, etc. Does anyone know about this place? It's not labeled on any maps, but there's some houses on this road. Anyone know the story behind all this abandoned stuff?

If you have Google Earth on your computer, you can see this place at latitude 38°52'33.35"N and longitude 77°30'55.11"W.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bull Run Post Office Road Abandoned Cars, Machines, etc.
Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: May 21, 2012 06:12PM

The lot you are looking at is actually in Loudoun County. It's pretty typical of land in that area that is being held to sell to developers... people end up using vacant property as dumping grounds...

Re: Bull Run Post Office Road Abandoned Cars, Machines, etc.
Posted by: JDM952 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 06:24PM

I hunt across the street from there and that land is owned by another hunter that i ran into there while hunting. I've been hunting across the street from there for about 6 years now and i asked permission once and was told that he already has a couple hunting his property. I asked about the machines that were there before and he said he owns a construction company and stores some of his stuff there and most of it doesn't work anymore.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.