HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Old graves at the end of Union Mill Road
Posted by: Sculler ()
Date: January 26, 2009 08:20AM

Does anyone know what the background is on the small graveyard torward the end of Union Mill Road? It's a couple hundred feet before 7001 Union Mill Road (the house from the $120,000 pot bust), across from the newer, larger house. Right behind the graveyard is the maintenance facility for the Westfields Golf Club, and there's a short metal pole-fencing around it (which was what drew my attention in the first place). I plan on driving down there and getting a closer look and didn't know if anyone was familiar with it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=%22Westfields+Golf+Club%22&jsv=143c&sll=38.814402,-77.415344&sspn=0.074903,0.131836&g=Union+Mill+Rd,+Clifton,+VA+20124&ie=UTF8&latlng=38795035,-77422810,15334966566017024966&ei=FLV9Sa2YAomuNvCp2c0C&cd=2

Use the "Satelite" view on Google Maps and you can see the maintenance building above and to the right of the red "A".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old graves at the end of Union Mill Road
Posted by: HIJACKER ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:14AM

I have no idea WTF you're talking about, can you take a screenshot or even photos of this site?

Date: January 26, 2009 12:13PM

I'm probably gonna roll by there on my way home and try and get a name off one of the stones (they looked really old and small from the road). Honestly, I don't have a digital camera or cables to post a picture, as sad and sorry as that is. But if you're in that neck of the woods you can see the site about 30 feet from the road once you spot the metal rail-fence around the graveyard, especially this time of year.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: January 26, 2009 06:58PM

You might get an idea from searching here...

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/branches/vr/cem/

Date: January 27, 2009 07:06AM

Sweet! I found it within a minute of being on that site. It's the Crouch family graveyard. Just like the site says, you can't read eithor of the stones that are there, and there also seems to be 4 or 5 additional graves that are just marked by rocks that may have been headstones at one time. Thanks for the help, that's a cool site.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.