HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
American disposal Service: Little Rocky Run Trash Collectors
Posted by: disgruntled ()
Date: December 17, 2007 12:20PM

Is anybody else tired of American disposal Services? They are the Trash Collectors for Little Rocky Run and other neighborhoods. Every trash day I have to pick my trash cans out of my parking spot so i can park, in other words they just throw the cans to the side after they dump the trash. Is it really that hard to put them back? I have called and complained several times they really don't seem to care. They have also broken several of my trash cans (2 handles) one can never came back; within this past year. I have also lost two recycling bins to these amatuers. I realize this may seem petty, but garbage cans are expensive, and even when I got cans back I often get a neighbors can returned and i have to sort out the cans. I am tired of having to think about trash day, no troubles on trash day should be a given.........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American disposal Service: Little Rocky Run Trash Collectors
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 02, 2008 10:23AM

Do what my old neighbors did:

Cancel your trash service, and then late at night go dump all your garbage in the dumpsters behind the office buildings down the street.

Posted by: BKLN ()
Date: January 06, 2008 10:39AM

On a somewhat related note, anyone ever tried to throw a trash can away? The can itself? It confuses the hell out of trash collectors...

Posted by: ADS Customer ()
Date: June 26, 2008 02:58PM

I live in Little Rocky Run and have American. They are a good company - never had an issue with them. Are you sure it's not some kids messing with you?

Posted by: DC2NYC ()
Date: June 26, 2008 03:21PM

Our neighborhood also uses ADS, and while I've never had a problem with the pickups themselves, their customer service operators are complete idiots.

I ordered a large trashcan (which costs $80, btw) and was surprised to learn that it would take 2 weeks to deliver. When the delivery date came and went, I called to find out what was going on, and was told that the operator failed to include my address on the order form--so the driver had no way of knowing where to deliver the can. (Of course, no one thought to call me about this...)

They scheduled the delivery for yet another week later.

That day ALSO came and went without the can arriving. Another call to ADS revealed that the operator once AGAIN failed to include my address on the order form. And once again, they promised a scheduled delivery for the following week. Finally, over a month after I paid for the overpriced can, it did in fact arrive.

Aside from the hopeless cretins doing the scheduling, it's absurd that they won't simply allow customers to pick up the purchased cans themselves. They insist on delivering them at their leisure.

As far as service goes, though, I have to say that the pickup guys have actually been great. My can and recycling bins are always left on the corner where I set them out. As the previous poster mentioned, it could in fact be neighborhood kids screwing around. We used to see that here as well. However, after everyone boldly painted their house numbers on their cans, the problems stopped.

Posted by: not kids ()
Date: June 26, 2008 05:13PM

My profession allows me to be home to watch the cans be picked up. It is definitly not kids screwing with me. I have actually looked out the window and I have seen them throw cans to the side, and they never, put them back in front of my house, most times they put them in front of my neighbors yard.

Whatever, i'll get it from my neighbors yard everytime, i just don't understand why they can't put it back from where they got it from, and i do have my house number painted on my cans.

No kids messing with me, no reason too. There are great kids that live around here.....

Posted by: DC2NYC ()
Date: June 26, 2008 05:20PM

not kids Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My profession allows me to be home to watch the
> cans be picked up. It is definitly not kids
> screwing with me. I have actually looked out the
> window and I have seen them throw cans to the
> side, and they never, put them back in front of my
> house, most times they put them in front of my
> neighbors yard.
>
> Whatever, i'll get it from my neighbors yard
> everytime, i just don't understand why they can't
> put it back from where they got it from, and i do
> have my house number painted on my cans.
>
> No kids messing with me, no reason too. There are
> great kids that live around here.....

In that case, I would definitely have a word or two with the driver himself. When you hear the truck coming, go outside and watch them pick up the garbage, and just observe. If they throw the cans back carelessly, call them out on it and ask them not to do that anymore.

If it continues to be a problem, report it to your home owners' association. The HOA will have greater influence in dealing with ADS instead of an individual; as they're the ones who can threaten to pull the contract in favor of a different trash removal service.

Posted by: American Guy ()
Date: June 26, 2008 07:13PM

I use them also, and I must get their back on this one, they do a decent job.

Posted by: huh ()
Date: June 29, 2008 01:33AM

u guys work for them, we can all tell. they suck asds. and u love them, the gig is up...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.