HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Civil War Bridge in Clifton, VA-Bunnyman Bridge???!!?
Posted by: Robert Greyberg ()
Date: July 07, 2008 02:43PM

Is there a Civil War Bridge in Clifton, VA? I heard there is possibly one off of Chapel Road on a 2nd Colchester Road. There might be another location too. One of these two locations is supposedly the "Real Bunnyman Bridge" and not the fake one many people have been too and seen.

Any information and feedback would be great! It's time to crack this urban legend!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Civil War Bridge in Clifton, VA-Bunnyman Bridge???!!?
Posted by: ArkhaM ()
Date: July 08, 2008 07:50PM

Bunnyman Bridge is in old town Clifton.Ive lived here my whole life and ive heard so much about it and have been wondering about it myself.

heres some more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

http://historicclifton.org/BunnyMan.htm

Posted by: Michael A ()
Date: July 09, 2008 01:38PM

Yeah i go here a lot i ride my tractor there sometimes.

There is another bridge right off chapel road and its called colchester and you go all the way to the end and then there is a dirt trail i thinks its a horse trail and its down there

Date: July 09, 2008 01:43PM

Thanks so much! This has helped a ton! But do you know of any Civil War Bridges in the Clifton area. These too are possible candidates for the "Real Bunnyman Bridge". You see, the Bunnyman Bridge everybody knows is considered "The Fake One". It was built way after the legend takes place; it was built in 1950. The legend starts in 1903.

I speculate "The Real Bunnyman Bridge" is either:

a. an Old Civil War Bridge
b. an Old train bridge in the area- possibly an abandoned one
c. no longer exists

but a and b seem the mot likely. The legend isn't completely true, researchers have proven that as a fact. But it is based on some truth, and that's the scary part; the truth. That's what we need to find. Thanks though, those websites have really helped!

Date: July 09, 2008 01:46PM

Thanks, for the info on the horse trail Michael A.

That's what we are also speculating too. Now, when you went back on the trail was there an old bridge?

Posted by: Michael A ()
Date: July 09, 2008 01:53PM

Yes there is but its about a mile back and you have to walk west in the woods but theres not a marked trail

Date: July 09, 2008 02:04PM

Thanks again Michael A. ! can you in anyway describe the bridge? was it Old, new, scary? Was it over a creek, a wide creek? And was there any other significant details about the bridge or its surroundings?

Posted by: Robert E. LEE ()
Date: July 09, 2008 04:39PM

Dear Robert Greyberg

I own bunny man bridge and if u set foot on my property i will destory u

GOODBYE

Posted by: Robert Greybrug ()
Date: July 09, 2008 04:55PM

No worries! But where do you live by? If you own a cultural landmark you should at least tell the public where it is for satellite referencing or open it to the public! You could make a ton of money by doing that. Just a suggestion. Could you at least tell us what the bridge looks like and the history behind it?

Posted by: Robert E. Lee ()
Date: July 09, 2008 04:57PM

NATION LAND MARK MY ASS

Posted by: Robert Greyburg ()
Date: July 09, 2008 05:01PM

Okay, well thank you anway.

Date: July 09, 2008 05:01PM

Could anybody get satellite imaging or direct location or directions to this bridge/ historic sight off of Union Mill Road? That would be great! Thanks!

Date: July 09, 2008 05:08PM

YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER ITS NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS GREYBERG

Date: July 09, 2008 05:13PM

Okay, thanks for the information. So does anybody accept Mr. Lee know about this other Bunnyman Bridge?

Date: July 09, 2008 05:27PM

if u set foot on my property i will sue your ass all the way back to Harlem u piece of horse shit

Date: July 09, 2008 05:31PM

That's great! You don't have to worry, I wouldn't want to ever be anywhere near you or your "property" Mr. Lee. Any other Bunnyman bridge information would be great people, thanks!

Date: July 09, 2008 05:31PM

That's great! You don't have to worry, I wouldn't want to ever be anywhere near you or your "property" Mr. Lee. Any other Bunnyman bridge information would be great people, thanks!

Date: July 09, 2008 05:35PM

oo some more infomation is that what u want ok FUCK OFF thats my info goodbye and good luck get off the crack and do something meaningfull with your life see i did something great and look at me i own bunny man bridge and i talk middle aged bums about sneaking on to my proprety

UP yours,

Robert E. Lee

Posted by: Robert Greybug ()
Date: July 09, 2008 05:38PM

Goodbye Mr. Lee! Okay, thank God he's out of our hair. And once again, any information about the other Bunnyman Bridge in Clifton, Va or a Civil War Bridge in that area would be great! Thanks again!

Posted by: beanaround ()
Date: November 25, 2008 12:15PM

been awile since anyone posted on this but i'll start it anew if you look up on civil war maps for bull run you will see that the orange and alexandria r.r. runs along pope's run and that there was apoor house near sangston's station between what was called union mills and fairfax station now it could be the one on colechester or there is one in chapel rd. park anyway walk the rail in winter and take in the co.or refference the net

Posted by: kohlchester ()
Date: April 25, 2012 09:40AM

Anyone interested in Bunny Man Bridge hasn't done there homework until they have visited www.colchesteroverpass.org

Posted by: Vitamin Vera ()
Date: May 02, 2012 04:16PM

The bunny an bridge Ina narrow bridge you can only drive one car through that sits in the woods in old town Clifton. It has railroad tracks going over top of it and a few houses behind it

Posted by: geeraff ()
Date: May 09, 2012 05:32PM

There's an unfinished Civil War bridge along Cub Run creek (trail starts at the end of Honsena Dr. in Chalet Woods)

Posted by: Popes head road ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:45PM

Grew up on that road with the bunny man bridge in my woods. Always had a weird feelings in the woods ;F

Posted by: Kim ()
Date: July 13, 2013 05:55PM

About two years ago, a girlfriend and I went to Bunny Man Bridge in Clifton, late one fall evening...it was close to Halloween. Train tracks/bridge and one lane asphalt paved road leading to private driveways. I think I might have freaked myself out by driving/the lighting (or lack thereof!)..it was cool....

Posted by: college student ()
Date: August 25, 2013 01:10AM

Is this OPEN 24/7

Posted by: roy lettre ()
Date: September 19, 2013 02:25PM

It's got cameras in it now. It's not very exciting, and the story was made up. The "asylum" he supposedly escaped from wasn't an asylum and didn't treat men. The only thing that remotely resembles the story happened in burke and it's stupid.

Posted by: B Man Bridge pic ()
Date: September 25, 2013 03:43PM

Here's a picture.
Attachments:
1-CO_NoTrespass_Large_Focal_BW.jpg

Posted by: Colchester ()
Date: October 20, 2013 12:19PM

Popes head road Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grew up on that road with the bunny man bridge in
> my woods. Always had a weird feelings in the woods
> ;F

Yeah, I grew up near there too. The bridge itself was never very creepy but sometimes being in the woods at night would raise the hairs on the back of my neck. Always kind of felt like I was being watched and this was long before the extra security measures (back in the day the BB was pretty wide open). The last time I visited (many years ago) with several friends we came upon 2 mutilated German Sheppard dogs in the woods next to the bridge. Freaked us out hard and noone of have been back since. I really doubt it had anything to do with the "Bunnyman" more likely some Satan worshipping teens drawn to the area due to all the Bunnyman hype.

Posted by: V ()
Date: January 17, 2015 02:47PM

Ffx recently (oct 2014) came put with their research (debunking) on it. Good info

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/branches/vr/bunny/

Posted by: Sergio_C ()
Date: March 13, 2015 12:08PM

This place / story and Filmdex off 29 are both local haunted houses essentially. The bunnyman thing has its own backstory and all that but you can find this pretty easily on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

http://historicclifton.org/BunnyMan.htm

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: September 08, 2016 11:28AM

Can we get the coordinates of the other locations?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.