HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Articles :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
5 ways to save money on tech supplies
Posted by: Ashleyjohnrock ()
Date: May 28, 2018 07:13AM

Written by: Andrewcousins

Any of us with a keen interest in technology or tech projects know that it can be a very expensive hobby, however I'm here to reveal 5 of the top the secrets of getting the best prices, while still getting top quality!

1. Extended warranty: don't bother with it, a product costing you £10 could end up almost double the price if you choose the extended warranty with certain tech companies. Tech supplies are a business that runs on obsolescence, so after a couple of years the product will probably be on its last legs anyway and 99% of the time it would be better to just buy newer more up to date tech supplies with the money you've saved on the extended warranty.

2. Sim only contracts: with the ridiculous hype every time the big dogs Apple or Samsung release something new, you may be tempted to jump on the band wagon and sign up to a contract. I'm here to tell you a lot of the time the all in one contracts are not worth it, especially if you want to change your phone half way through usually at an extra cost. Where as a sim only deal allows you the freedom of choosing and changing your handset at anytime. Lets also do the math; With Carphone warehouse an iPhone 7 24 month contract costs £37 per month with an upfront fee of £139.99. So the total cost is; (37x24) + 139.99 = £1027.99. Where as a sim only deal with same texts, calls and internet costs just £17 a month and you can buy an iPhone 7 out right for £549 giving you a total cost over 24 months of; (17x24) + 549 = £957. A saving of over £70, and this is just one of many examples!

3. Don't write off second hand products: many people don't like the idea of owning second hand tech supplies, however you can save significant amounts money by buying refurbished or second hand tech supplies. Buying, fixing and reselling tech is becoming a big business for a lot of tech savvy entrepreneurs and often the tech product can function like new, at a fraction of the cost.

4. Bulk buy: okay this one only really applies to basic tech supplies such as chargers or earphones (don't go out and buy 10 laptops in one go), how often do you go through earphones? If you're anything like me, buying new earphones is an almost monthly experience and although they're not the most expensive products it can soon add up. So why not buy your yearly needs in one go? As is often the case the more of something you buy, the cheaper the cost per unit, this is especially true when buying tech supplies. You can save as much as 20% if you buy 10 or more of the same product with certain sites, not too shabby.

5. Be patient: If something has just been released it will often be at it's peak in terms of price as demand is highest its simple business, but if you wait just a couple of months the price will often drop significantly offering you a chance to snap up a better deal! Also in order to maintain momentum in the market many tech suppliers will offer discount codes and sales as demand starts to fall, once again saving you money if you can just hang on!

So there you have it my top 5 ways of how to save money on tech supplies! Happy spending!

Bass Pro Shops coupon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 5 ways to save money on tech supplies
Posted by: Dork Robins ()
Date: January 13, 2022 12:43PM

Hi! I am a web-developer, one of my recent works is Scallium website. This is one of the best guides about IT solutions for building a marketplace in different countries. You are offered a wide range of information about e-commerce and how they work with that. I like it and strongly recommend you visit Scallium.pro.

Posted by: Carol Thomas ()
Date: January 31, 2022 11:03AM

Hey! Thanks for this post your tips really helped me a lot! You also can read something interesting here: mjseo.agency. It's about Cannabis SEO.

Posted by: Norma ()
Date: May 27, 2022 10:01PM

Your article makes me learn a lot, I appreciate you, and welcome to the SexDollBay Website to exchange and learn together!

Date: February 02, 2023 08:23AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.