HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Western Fairfax General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Penderbrook Police activity - 28 July
Posted by: NosyNeighbor ()
Date: July 28, 2011 08:36PM

Anyone know what's going on right now (July 28th @ 8:30pm) on South penderbrook?

Fairfax police helicopter has been circling for 20 minutes and about 4 or 5 marked and unmarked police cars with flashing lights racing past Inverness on South Penderbrook drive.

Just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Penderbrook Police activity - 28 July
Posted by: Dogwalker ()
Date: July 28, 2011 09:26PM

Not sure but there has been about a dozen police cars circling south penderbrook and valley drive. Listening to the police scanner on my iPad they have K9 units and Narc units there too.
When walking the dog earlier I saw 3 policemen on an ATV and another unmarked car went past with a policeman hanging out of the rear door as if ready to jump out.
Intriguing indeed.

Posted by: NosyNeighbor ()
Date: July 28, 2011 09:35PM

Thanks. I was listening to the scanner app too and they referenced three males in the woods near valley road. Yep....they had Canine, Fairfax 1 (helicopter) and a sleuth of police. I didn't know they had ATVs... interesting.

Thanks for validating that much.

Posted by: ken ()
Date: July 28, 2011 11:13PM

Love to get more details...
I was in the golf course pkg lot around 745 When about a dozen cop cars rolled up with lights and sirens. They stopped at the entrance to the golf pkg lot, jumped out of their cars and ran across the 18th fairway. Helicopter showed up minutes later. Nobody would tell us what was going on... A LOT of cops!

Posted by: ck ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:37AM

cops flying by my house. not all w sirens. too many people out walking for no sirens. love to know what happened

Posted by: Drew ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:44PM

I was on hole 9 when the police stormed the course driving the police cars around the holes appearing everywhere. they asked if we had seen anyone run by and when we said no they drove off before we could ask what they looked like. later 3 cops came out of the woods and said they were looking for a black male wearing a bulls jersey but they never said what he did.

Re: Penderbrook Police activity - 28 July -- Fairfax Corner too
Posted by: tytore ()
Date: July 29, 2011 11:06PM

Helicopter and cops have been swarming Fairfax Corner area for about 30 mins now (10:30pm Friday night)...any ideas??

Posted by: coughlin ()
Date: March 02, 2012 12:40PM

Cops are back to Penderbrook. Everywhere!!! Helicopters

Posted by: Joe H. Falmouth ()
Date: March 10, 2012 01:01PM

Those Bulls fans. Ever since Michael Jordan left they can't leave well enough alone.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:15AM

Well, I knew a Jig had to be involved.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.