HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cheap DVD Boxed Sets, Isn't This Illegal?
Posted by: consumer ()
Date: May 30, 2008 04:21PM

So, I'm taking a stroll down memory lane and wanna buy an "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" DVD. One season DVD is like 30 bucks, and the entire series set is on Ebay for like $140. So I type in google and find a site where this guy is selling these TV series for very cheap. The feedback says that this guy is legit, and is sending the items and they are working. I just got the AYAOD complete series for $15 shipped.

I check the comments on all this guy's merchandise, and he says all the season series he sells are all on DVD-R. I mean, I don't mind spending $15 for it, cuz it's worth it, but isn't this illegal as shit? The guy has the originals, burns copies (which cost like 30 cents a disc), and sells some of these sets for like $50?

http://www.ioffer.com/selling/megatv

You guys should really check it out. But I wouldn't pay $50 for a box of burned DVD's no matter how much the originals cost. That's just robbery right there, regardless of how much you're savings. The guy wants $55 for the Sopranos complete series.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cheap DVD Boxed Sets, Isn't This Illegal?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 30, 2008 04:43PM

Feedback says he's legit, and feedback says they are DVD-Rs. Okay...

Of course it is illegal, unless he's a paid employee of the movie studios selling them under their direction. But I KINDA DOUBT IT.

Re: Cheap DVD Boxed Sets, Isn't This Illegal?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 30, 2008 10:41PM

if you see something too good to be true on ebay, it's either a scammer or in the case of DVDs, pirated. pirated stuff is usually lower quality too.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 30, 2008 10:50PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 02:19PM by inkahootz.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.