HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Researchers have identified genetic markers linked with a woman's breast size
Posted by: Lloydster ()
Date: July 26, 2012 02:26PM

Researchers have identified seven genetic markers linked with a woman's breast size, according to a new study.

While it's was known that breast size is in part heritable, the study is the first to find specific genetic factors that are associated with differences in breast size, the researchers said.

In addition, two of these markers have previously been associated with breast cancer risk. This suggests some of the same biological pathways underlie both normal breast growth and breast cancer, said study researcher Nicholas Eriksson, of 23andMe, the genetic testing company that conducted the study.

The study alone does not provide enough evidence to link breast size to breast cancer. But it may contribute to a better understanding of the role that breast structure plays in breast cancer risk, the researchers said.

In the study, Eriksson and colleagues analyzed information from 16,175 female customers of European ancestry, and compared their answers to survey questions, including bra cup size and bra band size, to their genetic information.

While breast density is known to be a risk factor for breast cancer, the effect of breast size is less clear. A few previous studies have found that larger breast size is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in lean women.

The new study was published online June 30 in the journal BMC Medical Genetics.

measuring%20breasts.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/07/05/genes-for-breast-size-found/#ixzz21kpZeZNm

I could be wrong but I'm right 99% of the time

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Researchers have identified genetic markers linked with a woman's breast size
Date: July 26, 2012 02:27PM

Finally something useful from genetic scientists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Re: Researchers have identified genetic markers linked with a woman's breast size
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: July 26, 2012 03:19PM

TAKE IT OFF

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 26, 2012 03:26PM

With eugenics, we can have women with F cup breasts in two generations.

Posted by: Small Sweater Bumps ()
Date: July 26, 2012 03:30PM

My Mom is 50 and is a DD. I'm 27 and a B. I said something to her a few years ago about why I didn't get bigger boobs and she laughed and said she'd had them done...

Information I could've used when I was 12...ya' know? Christ...

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 26, 2012 03:34PM

Small Sweater Bumps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Mom is 50 and is a DD. I'm 27 and a B. I said
> something to her a few years ago about why I
> didn't get bigger boobs and she laughed and said
> she'd had them done...

How long ago was her implant surgery? Do implants have an expiration date?

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: July 26, 2012 03:35PM

Small Sweater Bumps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Mom is 50 and is a DD. I'm 27 and a B. I said
> something to her a few years ago about why I
> didn't get bigger boobs and she laughed and said
> she'd had them done...
>
> Information I could've used when I was 12...ya'
> know? Christ...

Pics

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.