HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: nmorepologuy ()
Date: July 16, 2012 09:18AM

I'm talking about any and all clothes made in china. First off they killed off the shirt tails. BEcause China does not have those customs. So now everyone can see your booty when you sit down. Next up on my pet peeve about shirts made in China is all the small people there think the EXTRA LARGE "XL" tags on shirt is a myth so they madea new XL for smaller people and now the average XL shirt does not fit me anymore like they used to. The shirts I buy now are XLT(t for tall) Companies need to hire TALL PEOPLE to show China that average height in USA is bigger than in China. Todays shirts marked as XL look like they are made for a man who is only 5'7" .



Now when it comes to the Olympics then the true problems comes out and these olympians will need all their clothing custom made because nothing from Ralh Lauren will truly fit them.



When you try the clothing on it will fit only after 2 washes even if you follow the washing directions on the tag!



The same now is true of Ralph Lauren shirts. Polo shirts used to be the best quality and had real shirt tails and not those faux tails same length as the front with just a cut seam on both sides.



Ralph Lauren has lowered itself to the quality level of polyester trash sold at second hand stores.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: RLtool ()
Date: July 16, 2012 09:37AM

nmorepologuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm talking about any and all clothes made in
> china. First off they killed off the shirt tails.
> BEcause China does not have those customs. So
> now everyone can see your booty when you sit down.
> Next up on my pet peeve about shirts made in
> China is all the small people there think the
> EXTRA LARGE "XL" tags on shirt is a myth so they
> madea new XL for smaller people and now the
> average XL shirt does not fit me anymore like they
> used to. The shirts I buy now are XLT(t for tall)
> Companies need to hire TALL PEOPLE to show China
> that average height in USA is bigger than in
> China. Todays shirts marked as XL look like
> they are made for a man who is only 5'7" .
>
>
>
> Now when it comes to the Olympics then the true
> problems comes out and these olympians will need
> all their clothing custom made because nothing
> from Ralh Lauren will truly fit them.
>
>
>
> When you try the clothing on it will fit only
> after 2 washes even if you follow the washing
> directions on the tag!
>
>
>
> The same now is true of Ralph Lauren shirts. Polo
> shirts used to be the best quality and had real
> shirt tails and not those faux tails same length
> as the front with just a cut seam on both sides.
>
>
>
> Ralph Lauren has lowered itself to the quality
> level of polyester trash sold at second hand
> stores.


Good luck...very very very few name brands make their clothes in the USA. But do you know the factory in China follows the direction given by RL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 16, 2012 01:33PM

American Apparel makes everything in the US.....get a deep V-neck shirt today!



-
Attachments:
american-apparel-deep-vneck-shirt.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: EMF Group ()
Date: August 25, 2012 11:05AM

Drop by our website. All our custom polo shirts are made in North America. http://www.emfgroup.biz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: More booty ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:20PM

Ralph Lauren wants to see more booty in their polo shirts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Bubba J ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:41PM

WTF. Just buy the $11.99 golf shirts at Costco. They fit nicely and nobody gives a shit about the gay little horsie on those $80 shirts anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:43PM

Bubba J Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTF. Just buy the $11.99 golf shirts at Costco.
> They fit nicely and nobody gives a shit about the
> gay little horsie on those $80 shirts anyway.




+1


Lacoste shirts are even more of a ripoff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: understated jock vibe for you ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:54PM

You can shell out $65 for the UA polos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Google me ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:58PM

Ad related to clothing built-in obsolescence Why this ad?

This ad is based on your:
• current search terms
• recent searches on Google

Visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager to learn more or opt out.Ralph Lauren® Official

www.ralphlauren.com/ - 15,098 seller reviews

Save an Additional 25% on Our Sale & Free Shipping With Code RLSUM25
Men - Women - Children - Baby

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: August 25, 2012 01:00PM

RLtool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Good luck...very very very few name brands make
> their clothes in the USA. But do you know the
> factory in China follows the direction given by
> RL.


+1

The sweat shops in Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mauritius, etc all follow specs set by the designers. AFAIK, most cut patterns are sent digitally from the designer to the sweatshop.

In my opinion, if you got shirts that say Ralph Lauren and are cut for Chinese torsos, they either are counterfeit or someone screwed up and exported shirts meant for the domestic/Asian market to the US. Or you're shopping in the junior miss section.

FWIW, based on a quick glance, the only two brands of shirts in my closet that are made in the USA are DKNY and Burberry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Plumber's Crack ()
Date: August 25, 2012 01:59PM

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/coolmax-cotton-longtail-polo-shirt-94134.aspx?kw=long Tail&processor=content

Simmer down there, Grand Wizard NMorePoloGuy. This isn't about Asians not being aware that Westerners are taller and require more shirt, this is about holding prices. Asian manufacturers have been trimming more and more inches off the tails of polo-style, button-down and even t-shirts for the better part of 10 years now. This is so they can continue to charge the same for the shirt despite the rising cost of cotton and other fabrics. The same is true for candybars. Confectioners for years have been offering smaller bars than they did in the 80's and 90's and again, it's either to hold prices or prevent huge price increases. It's technically still a price increase because you are getting less for the same price.

The link above is to the Duluth Trading Company. They're a workingman's L.L.Bean. I'm not sure if their shirts are made in the USA or not but, they offer long-tail cuts on polos and t-shirts. Problem solved and you can thank me later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Preparation X ()
Date: August 25, 2012 02:25PM

nmorepologuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Ralph Lauren has lowered itself to the quality
> level of polyester trash sold at second hand
> stores.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Welcome to the 21st century. Americans are the new chumps on the block. As long as we waste american currency on the trash american corporations import they will continue. Pay now or on credit to take it in the ass is the current american way.
The issue isn't short tails but accepting the fact that you will come back for more. I will live without.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Finer Dressing ()
Date: January 13, 2014 03:24PM

So I guess you are in fact the gay man from Paris who sets the global fashion rules. In your esteemed opinion what brand is finer quality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 13, 2014 03:30PM

always buy tall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: January 13, 2014 08:09PM

Calvin Klein all the way. Everything fits well. Good quality, lasts years. I don't like the logos, though. I don't buy anything that says Calvin Klein on it unless I can cut it off. I don't like being a walking advertisement. Except for my overalls, that is. Osh Kosh B-Gosh!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I no longer buy Polo shirts made by Ralph Lauren
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 13, 2014 08:12PM

Osh Kosh B-Gosh! indeed.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
xMxkF
This forum powered by Phorum.