HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 09, 2008 03:23PM

Ladies...here's a bit of striaght talk from Senator McSame. You may remember a few months ago the Supreme Court struck down a law suit from a female employee claiming pay discrimination on the grounds she hadnt filed her suit within 180 days of receiving her first pay check. The stupidity of this law is unbelievable...imagine you are a new employee and the odds of knowing your male counterparts are paid more...and assuming you enjoy the job, what situation you would be placed in when you filed the law suit.

Well just in time for Mother's Day, Senator John McSame oposed the Fair Pay Act—a bill that would help guarantee women equal pay for equal work. The bill simply would have restored critical anti-discrimination rules that the Supreme Court struck down in a recent decision, and failed by just three votes.

Adding insult to injury, Sen. McSame said that the solution to employment discrimination was for women to get more "education and training." Maybe that made some sense in his day, but today with women outnumbering men on college campuses, it makes none. Study after study has shown that women are paid less than men for the same work, even when they have the same education and training.

Don't allow the males on here who appear to be afraid to compete with under-educated, non-English speaking illegal aliens never mind intelligent women intimidate you. Speak up... http://pol.moveon.org/fairpay/index.html



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 10:47AM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 09, 2008 03:58PM

This used to be a big problem in the company I work for. So we just stopped hiring them.

:))

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 10, 2008 07:21AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well just in time for Mother's Day, Senator John
> McSame oposed the Fair Pay Act—a bill that would
> help guarantee women equal pay for equal work. The
> bill simply would have restored critical
> anti-discrimination rules that the Supreme Court
> struck down in a recent decision, and failed by
> just three votes.


i would like to see a copy of this bill to read it personally. if it was struck down then there are a LOT more people than this one senator that voted against it. a list of senators that voted for or against it and their party type would would be nice.

from your description it seems like the core issue is illegal aliens.

this is a good example of your sensationalism.


oh yeah... and i made you this logo:

file.php?40,file=2868
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 07:54AM by Gravis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 10, 2008 10:26AM

typical Gravis comment...going no where..making no point. So tell me Mr. Genious...what's the "whole truth"? Do the research you say you want. The pertinent facts are...Bush didnt support it...neither does McSame. In November women need to remember who their friends are and who aren't.

My "illegal alien" comment was the only inflamitory comment...but I couldn't resist since running illiegals over appears to be the most popular posting in a month. The other popular postings for the week appear to be your little get together (I was happy to see you do get out)....and the use of Salvia (it seems escaping reality is still popular...I hope no one accidentally overdoses).

Here's the vote on the bill....breaks down pretty much along party lines.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00110#position



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 10:49AM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: TECHNOVIKING ()
Date: May 10, 2008 11:25AM

and Lo Senator McLovin did verily vote for keeping wenches in their rightful place!

But In truth the republicans are using Congressional procedure to slooooow down due processes of law and make the democratic leadership seem slow and ineffectual! They vote down a bill only to call for a revote and vote for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 10, 2008 03:39PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> typical Gravis comment...going no where..making no
> point. So tell me Mr. Genious...what's the "whole
> truth"?


the whole truth is this isnt just about women and that this bill is an amendment to the existing bill that provides these protections already. you purposely try to deceive people by telling partially true statements. you dont tell the whole truth. btw, you spelled genius incorrectly, genius.


Do the research you say you want.

it's called burden of proof.


> The pertinent facts are...Bush didnt support
> it...neither does McSame.


but the question is "why didnt everyone support the bill?"

this is an old article about the bill but is the point still not valid?

Quote
Plain Speaking About Really Bad “Fair Pay” Bill
One of the bills I discussed was the Fair Pay Act, which would prohibit wage discrimination for work in “equivalent jobs,” defined in terms of “value” rather than duties. Somehow courts would divine the “value” of functionally dissimilar jobs so as to proclaim them “equivalent.”

According to the National Committee on Pay Equity, very different jobs would be compared. For example, in an elementary school, head secretaries would be found of equal value to audiovisual technicians; in a hospital, registered nursing assistants equal to plumbers; in a retail food chain, cashiers, meat wrappers, and stock clerks all equal.



> In November women need
> to remember who their friends are and who aren't.


as you said, "[the vote] breaks down pretty much along party lines."



> My "illegal alien" comment was the only
> inflamitory comment...but I couldn't resist since
> running illiegals over appears to be the most
> popular posting in a month.


that is called sensational reporting. i would also like to point out that you posted that he is "Against Women's Equal Pay" when in fact this is about "DISCRIMINATION IN COMPENSATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN" and the reason it was voted against. the part about women is a classic sensational reporting tactic because even christian white men in their 20's who were born and raised in the USA can and are discriminated against.



the bottom line is that these provisions are already in place but just need to be enforced so the amendment is a moot point that has potentially adverse side effects. sorry but your non-english speaking janitors are not entitles to the same amount of money as i am.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 03:44PM by Gravis.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: eyes closed ()
Date: May 10, 2008 06:32PM

Vince,
Your rants remind me of the guy who sits in front of the Franconia DMV everday. He has a table and pamphlets about arresting George Bush as a war criminal.

What happens to this guy when Bush leaves office? Does he continue to sit there each day or does he go after whoever gets to be the new president?

It puzzles me to know what he will do after November, but being somewhat of a pussy I am too nervous to ask him. He seems deranged.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 11, 2008 12:43PM

Well...I wont disagree that Bush is a war criminal and should have been impeached long ago. Chicken hawks like him and Cheney are quick to send other peoples kids to war while they sought student deferments or waited for Oklahoma to invade Texas. And for what? Iraq will be an allie of Iran as soon as the will of the majority of Iranians is allowed to vote freely in a self controlled election.

Gravis..stop whining...poor white male being discriminated against... blah...blah...blah. When white males are asked/required to share some of the power, wealth and opportunity this country has to offer they always whine...then turn bitter/cynical and then violent. You are well on your way!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 12:44PM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 11, 2008 01:25PM

Let me add one point...the scare tactics used to equate laws trying to level the competitive playing field between genders, generatioins and races always try to use the logic that current laws are "sufficient". This strategy was used to fight civil rights...and women's rights from day one. It is the strategy of stagnation...

The issue is fairness. Is it fair that a women has only 180 days from the the time she recieves her first pay check to file a law suit? Of course it isnt. Only someone who really doesnt believe that a women is due her day in court to make her case to a jury of her peers would think so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:01PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gravis..stop whining...poor white male being
> discriminated against... blah...blah...blah. When
> white males are asked/required to share some of
> the power, wealth and opportunity this country has
> to offer they always whine...then turn
> bitter/cynical and then violent. You are well on
> your way!


Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me add one point...the scare tactics used to
> equate laws trying to level the competitive
> playing field between genders, generatioins and
> races always try to use the logic that current
> laws are "sufficient". This strategy was used to
> fight civil rights...and women's rights from day
> one. It is the strategy of stagnation...
>
> The issue is fairness. Is it fair that a women
> has only 180 days from the the time she recieves
> her first pay check to file a law suit? Of course
> it isnt. Only someone who really doesnt believe
> that a women is due her day in court to make her
> case to a jury of her peers would think so.



wow, you are just racking up a lot of logical fallacies. your argument has a complete lack substance, is racially discriminatory and sexist.

i speak for many when i tell you...
file.php?40,file=2813


all my love,
Gravis

P.S.   use spell check.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: native. ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:50PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This used to be a big problem in the company I
> work for. So we just stopped hiring them.
>
> :))


LMAO, did you mean to say that YOU have stopped hiring the?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his vote Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 11, 2008 03:48PM

One of the chicks here threatend to give me a smack for typing that, I think I better keep my mouth shut :))



native. Wrote:
> LMAO, did you mean to say that YOU have stopped
> hiring the?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: native/ ()
Date: May 11, 2008 05:50PM

.
Attachments:
a423_bm.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 11, 2008 10:21PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me add one point...the scare tactics used to
> equate laws trying to level the competitive
> playing field between genders, generatioins and
> races always try to use the logic that current
> laws are "sufficient". This strategy was used to
> fight civil rights...and women's rights from day
> one. It is the strategy of stagnation...
>
> The issue is fairness. Is it fair that a women
> has only 180 days from the the time she recieves
> her first pay check to file a law suit? Of course
> it isnt. Only someone who really doesnt believe
> that a women is due her day in court to make her
> case to a jury of her peers would think so.

Dear Gravis...I dont care how many of your groupies you speak for...so please save your time and effort in making threats. As far as spell check..as soon as it's available on here I will...until then grow up...and get over it.

You failed to make one point in your response other then my typing abilities...duly noted....now say something on subject...if you can. Anser the simple question...Is the current criteria for reporting pay discrimination fair or not? And why?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 10:24PM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: native. ()
Date: May 11, 2008 11:34PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
Anser the
> simple question...Is the current criteria for
> reporting pay discrimination fair or not? And
> why?



Dont make Gravis think, its just not fair

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:02AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Gravis...I dont care how many of your
> groupies you speak for...so please save your time
> and effort in making threats.


why do you think im making threats? do you think that picture is threatening?!


> As far as spell
> check..as soon as it's available on here I
> will...until then grow up...and get over it.


just get firefox. it's built into the browser itself. no idea why people think using internet explorer is a good idea in the least.

Quote
What's New in Firefox 2
  • Inline spell checking: A new built-in spell checker enables users to quickly check the spelling of text entered into Web forms
    (like this one) without having to use a separate application.




> You failed to make one point in your response

Quote

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gravis..stop whining...poor white male being
> discriminated against... blah...blah...blah.


[...] your argument has a complete lack substance, is racially discriminatory and sexist.

how is that not clear?

Quote
Gravis
wow, you are just racking up a lot of logical fallacies.

please read this list of logical fallacies because you are using a lot of them: http://ksuweb.kennesaw.edu/~shagin/logicalfallacies.htm

seriously, read that page.


> other then my typing abilities...duly noted....

you can get firefox in a few seconds at this page: http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
i personally use ff3 beta 5 and it's much faster than ff2.


> Is the current criteria for
> reporting pay discrimination fair or not? And
> why?


you have 6 months, MONTHS to report it. it takes about 20 seconds to ask your coworker how much they get paid. how is that not fair?


oh yes, Vince, please respond to each point i made in this post: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/94471.html#msg-94614
i particularly would like to read the retort to my pointing out why you are a sensationalist. i think you didnt respond because you realized im correct and are too proud to admit it.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 12, 2008 07:36AM

Ive admitted being sensationalist at times to try and evoke a response/thought on topics other then how to kill immigrants...sex...drugs...and who is the most popular person on here.

And as far as your opinion that 6 months is sufficient time..many busineses have confidentiality policies restricting people from ssharing such information. And what starts out as a small differential in pay on day 1 may be a quite large differential after 20 years..or the discrimination may actually start after the 6 month period. Plus how intimidating is it to bring a law suit against a company within the first 6 months of employment? Face it..it is a policy designed to take away a person's right to their day in court.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 12, 2008 03:27PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And as far as your opinion that 6 months is
> sufficient time..many busineses have
> confidentiality policies restricting people from
> ssharing such information.


then how the hell could you EVER find out?


> And what starts out as
> a small differential in pay on day 1 may be a
> quite large differential after 20 years..or the
> discrimination may actually start after the 6
> month period.


i think this is all about pay on day one. you cannot expect to get a raise every year, no matter who you are. raises are based on performance and frankly i can see a lot of abuse of this bill coming from that stand point. some companies may just start handing out raises to minorities in fear which isnt fair to anybody.


> Plus how intimidating is it to
> bring a law suit against a company within the
> first 6 months of employment? Face it..it is a
> policy designed to take away a person's right to
> their day in court.


in the first six months, request a raise for equal pay and if rejected without a justifiable response, take them to court as the current statute provides.



i was just wondering, why do you think the bill was rejected? do you really think they are out to screw minorities? if this bill were perfect, i would have no problem with demanding it get passed but i think there is too much room for abuse and may intimidate companies to pay minorities unfairly high wages/salaries. you may not have a problem with that but i do because discrimination is discrimination no matter who it's towards.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
.
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: May 12, 2008 10:07PM

.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 02:28AM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 12, 2008 10:15PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's possible that Vince isn't
> presenting the facts accurately.


vince is an admitted sensationalist. he hypes stories by distorting the truth.

file.php?40,file=2868
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:02AM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alias Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think it's possible that Vince isn't
> > presenting the facts accurately.
>
> vince is an admitted sensationalist. he hypes
> stories by distorting the truth.
>
>That isnt what I said...and you know it. So who is the liar? I said my comment about white males being afraid to compete was sensational...not the facts of the case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:09AM

Here...pick and choose who you want to beleive...a legislative pundit or a Supreme Court Justice herself...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/29/AR2007052900740_pf.html

you people are really thick....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Senator McSame and his Position Against Women's Equal Pay
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:34PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That isnt what I said...and you know it. So who
> is the liar? I said my comment about white males
> being afraid to compete was sensational...not the
> facts of the case.


file.php?40,file=691Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive admitted being sensationalist at times to try
> and evoke a response/thought on topics other then
> how to kill immigrants...sex...drugs...and who is
> the most popular person on here.



"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **   *******   **    **  ********   ******** 
 **     **  **     **   **  **   **     **     **    
 **     **  **           ****    **     **     **    
 **     **  ********      **     ********      **    
  **   **   **     **     **     **            **    
   ** **    **     **     **     **            **    
    ***      *******      **     **            **    
This forum powered by Phorum.