HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nissan Pavillion
Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: May 07, 2008 10:09PM

I'll be seeing Radiohead this Sunday at Nissan and have a question about the venue...

Drinking...I know it isnt allowed in the parking lot, but people do it anyways. Anyone have any insight on that? Ive been told to just use cups, but I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

How is security/the police? I have as DD so I'm not worried about dwi but still...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nissan Pavillion
Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: May 08, 2008 02:20AM

Have a cooler w/ beer cans and coosies to cover them. The red cup is a dead give away for alcohol (beer or liqour) and if the gestapo is out they will fuck w/ you. usually PWC police stay at the front entrance, but I haven't been there in a while. Liqour bottles can get you an open container as well just like an open beer, even if you twist the cap back on the liqour bottle. Watch out for youngins, and don't give anyone you don't know is at least 21 any alcohol. Forget about the weed as well, unless you don't care about catching a charge. If you are an adult w/ a job you don't want to risk losing (i.e.teacher, military w/ clearance, public servant etc.) play it safe and do the above.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: May 08, 2008 06:46AM

Wow, good looks. I thought the cups would be legit...I guess not. A big gulp filled with Makers and coke is def sounding good for this venue. The beer in a coosie is safer than the solo cup? Damn...I guess I'll just have to take it all in and see what will work.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:38PM

OMG red cups dont matter. Being over 21 matters. We always tailgate before the concerts...we drink right out of bottles/cans and have never been busted. But hanging out with a big group of cops probably has something to do with it too ;-)

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:47PM

You people are such amateurs! Get a bunch of Snapple lemonade in the plastic bottles. Pour half of it out and replace with Vodka.

God. Don't colleges teach anything these days???

Posted by: TECHNOVIKING ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:49PM

Dark and stormy! Fill a highball chalice with ICE then fill that Chalice halfway with dark RUM then fill the rest with Ginger Beer. Drink! MAKE MERRY! RAPE! PILLAGE!Destrooooooy!

Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: May 09, 2008 01:59PM

You are correct, but red cups are indicative of alcohol which theoretically could lead them to inquire whether or not you are 21. I just wanted to cover all the bases and angles when giving advice, and wanted to make sure he was informed about container laws and all possible scenarios.They most likely won't give a fuck, but what if they do, and he has a job he could possibly lose.
SE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OMG red cups dont matter. Being over 21 matters.
> We always tailgate before the concerts...we drink
> right out of bottles/cans and have never been
> busted. But hanging out with a big group of cops
> probably has something to do with it too ;-)

Posted by: Beery ()
Date: May 09, 2008 06:18PM

I've never once had anyone bother me while drinking in the parking lot. Last time I didn't even bother to put my beer in a cup - drank it right out of the can.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: May 11, 2008 05:52PM

You are in luck! Unless they are issued those rubber pants fisherman wear, I dont believe the Nissan police will be out tonight looking for parking lot drinkers .

And all you lawn people have fun tonight!

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: May 11, 2008 07:51PM

I've never had a problem with the PWC or Nissan security. Generally you can see the police in the distance and have plenty of time to hide a drink. You just don't want to make the beer or drink obvious.

Posted by: Lortonn ()
Date: September 24, 2022 08:06AM

Big traffic jamb there now

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.