HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 'Jeopardy!' vs. 'Wheel of Fortune'
Posted by: William ()
Date: August 29, 2013 01:25PM

In the '80s,Pat Sajak and Vanna White were attractive,but now they are as homely as a herd of mules.When I say "homely",I mean "unattractive"

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 29, 2013 01:49PM

Sima Yan wrote:

I think Wheel Of Fortune is extremely boring. You see the same old shit every night on that show.There is no real excitement whatsoever.

Date: August 29, 2013 02:05PM

When I say "You see the same old shit every night on that show.",I mean Pat Sajak and Vanna White.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:56PM

William Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I say "You see the same old shit every night
> on that show.",I mean Pat Sajak and Vanna White.

+1 I agree with you 100% but you shouldn't use that potty talk here, William.

Date: August 29, 2013 05:07PM

WingNut wrote:

I mean you see the same old thing every night on Wheel Of Fortune.
That is probably one reason not very many people watch Wheel Of Fortune.
Another reason is the cheap gimmicks.

Date: August 29, 2013 05:12PM

Cheap gimmicks do not improve on the ratings of a definitive classic like Wheel Of Fortune. If anything,they take all the fun out of watching TV,period.

Date: August 29, 2013 05:15PM

I think that programs like Wheel Of Fortune are part of the reason our country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Date: August 29, 2013 05:20PM

How do you spell "Wheel Of Fortune"?

B-O-R-I-N-G.

Date: August 29, 2013 05:26PM

B-O-R-I-N-G is not how Wheel Of Fortune is spelled,but B-O-R-I-N-G is the perfect description for Wheel Of Fortune.

Date: August 29, 2013 05:33PM

I think that Pat Sajak and Vanna White took all the fun out of people watching Wheel Of Fortune 20 years ago.

Posted by: jesse.duke@att.net ()
Date: August 29, 2013 05:45PM

Date: August 30, 2013 03:21PM

How can anyone enjoy watching Wheel Of Fortune when they know full well it is the most boring game show on TV considering they see the same old thing every night and it serves no real purpose for TV whatsoever?

Date: August 30, 2013 03:36PM

The difference between Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune is that Jeopardy isn't filled with cheap gimmicks like Wheel Of Fortune is.

For those that enjoy watching Wheel Of Fortune,that show is extremely boring.
Those that enjoy watching that show obviously do not realize that they see the same thing they have been seeing since 1983.

Date: August 30, 2013 03:41PM

There are people that obviously do not realize just how boring Wheel Of Fortune really is.

Date: September 01, 2013 11:43AM

I think Wheel Of Fortune is extremely boring. You see the same old thing every night on that show.There is no real excitement whatsoever.And when I say "You see the same old thing every night on that show.",I mean Pat Sajak and Vanna White.

Date: September 01, 2013 11:52AM

I think Wheel Of Fortune is better suited for garbage disposal than it is for TV.

Date: September 02, 2013 12:16PM

Who cares about Wheel Of Fortune anyway? That show is so lame you probably want to vomit.

Date: September 03, 2013 06:30PM

fArTiAn wrote:

Wheel Of Fortune is not good.Pat Sajak and Vanna White come off as though they care more about getting their faces shown on TV than they care about the contestants on that show or anything else.That alone shows just how selfish they really are.

Date: September 03, 2013 06:38PM

Pat Sajak and Vanna White are not making the U.S.A. look good at all. They have no sense of ethics,values or dignity in their performances whatsoever.

Date: September 03, 2013 06:43PM

I think Wheel Of Fortune alone was enough to turn the U.S.A. from a prosperous nation into the laughingstock of the entire world.

Date: September 03, 2013 06:49PM

Anyone that says they prefer Wheel Of Fortune have no clue as to what they're talking about.

Date: September 03, 2013 06:54PM

The people that do enjoy watching TV obviously do not realize that Wheel Of Fortune is nothing more than junk food for lame-brained idiots.

Date: September 03, 2013 06:59PM

I wrote:

People that do enjoy watching TV obviously do not realize that Wheel Of Fortune is nothing but junk food for lame-brained idiots.

Date: September 03, 2013 07:40PM

Vanna White is beautiful and has a great personality. She is smart too, she's made some nice change flipping houses.

Come on William, if you had the chance, surely you'd hit her with the Old Purple Headed Custard Chucker.

Date: September 04, 2013 12:45PM

WingNut wrote:

Vanna White may be smart and beautiful,but she looks nothing like she did 30 years ago.

Date: September 04, 2013 01:19PM

I wrote:

Vanna White may be smart and beautiful,but nothing like she was 30 years ago.

Posted by: HugeAreolas ()
Date: September 04, 2013 01:27PM

What about hangman, the game?

Date: September 09, 2013 12:29PM

I think that anyone that watches Wheel Of Fortune would have to be a lame-brained idiot.

Posted by: WilliaM ()
Date: September 09, 2013 04:59PM

Pat Sajak and Vanna White may have recently signed on to be co-hosts of Wheel Of Fortune until 2016,but I think that both of them are way past their prime as far as retirement is involved,as well as the show itself is.

Date: September 09, 2013 05:03PM

I certainly hope that ABC,NBC,and CBS affiliates around the U.S. do not insist on keeping Wheel Of Fortune on the air beyond 2016.

Date: September 09, 2013 05:15PM

William, how about a game of Pick Up Sticks with Rae Carruth?
Attachments:
Rae_Carruth_mugshot_North_Carolina_DOC.jpg

Posted by: lolwut ()
Date: September 09, 2013 05:50PM

Uh... what the hell is going on in this thread? Where did this "William" psycho come from? What's with the posts after posts after posts by him slightly restating the same thing or restating something someone else posted? And what does the email address jesse.duke@att.net , buried among "William"s endless posts to himself, have to do with it all?

I feel like I just stumbled into an episode of the X-Files.

Date: September 10, 2013 06:24PM

lolwut wrote:
_________________________________________________________________________________
>Uh... what the hell is going on in this thread? Where did this "William" psycho come from?
>What's with the posts after posts after posts by him slightly restating the same thing or restating something someone else posted?
>What's with the posts after posts after posts by him slightly restating the same thing or restating something someone else posted?

Just who are you calling a "psycho'',trailer trash?

Date: September 10, 2013 06:27PM

WingNut wrote:

How the heck do you play Pick Up Sticks anyway?

Date: September 10, 2013 06:30PM

lolwut wrote:
__________________________________________________________________________________
Uh... what the hell is going on in this thread? Where did this "William" psycho come from? What's with the posts after posts after posts by him slightly restating the same thing or restating something someone else posted? And what does the email address jesse.duke@att.net , buried among "William"s endless posts to himself, have to do with it all?

This post you wrote about me shows that you are nothing but trailer trash,lolwut.

Date: September 10, 2013 06:34PM

I wrote:
__________________________________________________________________________________
>I certainly hope that ABC,NBC,and CBS affiliates around the U.S. do not insist on keeping Wheel Of Fortune on the air beyond 2016.

Who would want to cancel that show when it has been among the top five programs in syndication since its inception?

Date: September 10, 2013 06:39PM

If Wheel Of Fortune is the highest-rated game show in syndication and Jeopardy is second-highest rated game show,what is the third-highest rated game show in syndication?

Date: September 16, 2013 10:48AM

lolwut wrote:
_________________________________________________________________________________
I feel like I just stumbled into an episode of the X-Files.

For your information,The X-Files has been off the air since 2002.

Date: September 16, 2013 06:53PM

If anyone were to ask for my two cents on whether Wheel Of Fortune should be cancelled,I would say "most definitely,yes",considering that watching contestants
call out random letters just to solve some boring puzzle without regard to the category,as well as the introduction of Pat Sajak and Vanna White,is the most boring part of that show.It is obvious that there are millions of people that do not realize just how boring Wheel Of Fortune really is.I mean,"Who in the hell would want to waste 30 minutes of their time watching that dumbing-down garbage?"

Date: September 16, 2013 07:18PM

If anyone were to ask for my two cents on whether Jeopardy should be cancelled,I would say "most definitely,no",considering that Jeopardy is far more resourceful than Wheel Of Fortune. I mean "Who would want to spend 30 minutes of their time
watching that brain-enhancing game show?"

Date: September 16, 2013 07:23PM

There are only two parts that I like about watching Jeopardy,and one of them is listening to Alex Trebek read the categories and the clues to the contestants,and the other is their overabundance of categories and clues.

Date: September 16, 2013 07:57PM

William- Headache or Concentration?

Your opponent: Mr.Russell E. Weston, Jr.
Attachments:
rweston_r.jpg

Date: September 18, 2013 03:11PM

Wheel Of Fortune uses the same repetitious categories every night over and over and over,whereas Jeopardy uses different categories every day.

Date: September 18, 2013 03:24PM

Pat Sajak and Vanna White are both washed-out old-timers who should have retired when they had the chance.

Date: September 19, 2013 04:48PM

I wrote:
I think Wheel Of Fortune alone was enough to turn the U.S.A. from a prosperous nation into the laughingstock of the entire world.

Wheel Of Fortune is the reason our country is a big fat joke.

Date: September 20, 2013 11:27AM

There is absolutely no reason to cancel Jeopardy, but there is a reason to cancel Wheel Of Fortune, and that is you see the same old thing over and over and over again.

Date: September 28, 2013 03:15PM

As it stands now,Jeopardy is the only game show that Wichita's NBC affiliate has to offer that serves any real purpose.

Date: November 04, 2013 01:33PM

People that like Wheel Of Fortune over Jeopardy obviously aren't very smart at all.

Date: November 04, 2013 01:51PM

William where da heck ya been?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: November 21, 2013 03:29PM

Wheel Of Fortune was once considered one of the most popular game shows on American television, and now that show is total garbage.

Watching contestants clap, spin the Wheel and call out random letters just to solve some stupid puzzle with or without regard to the category is ridiculously lame.

I think that Pat Sajak and Vanna White should have retired when they had the chance.

1. The introduction of Pat Sajak and Vanna White.
2. The show does not feature a "Clue Crew"
3. The show does not feature a host that does very well pronunciating foreign names, words and/or phrases.
4. The show does not feature special tournaments that are held once a year.
5. The 3-second rule on the Final Spin.
6. Pat Sajak rambles on with that "Vowels worth nothing, consonants worth....We'll add $1,000 to whatever space the Wheel lands on" garbage on the Final Spin.
7. The electronic letterboard that has been in use since 1997 has made Vanna White as useless as old newspapers.
8. The incessant clapping from their contestants, as well as from Vanna White.
9. The show is filled with too many cheap gimmicks.
10. The show does not provide clues that contestants can respond to in the form of a question.
11. The show uses the same categories over and over again.( Person, Place, Thing, Phrase, etc.)
12. The promos that are shown on a daily basis on various TV stations.

All TV stations that provide syndicated programming on any given day should cancel Wheel Of Fortune, if my opinion counts for anything.

I think that Jeopardy is the best game show TV has to offer without any regards to whoever the host is, whether it be Alex Trebek, Howie Mandel or Matt Lauer.
I don't see why any TV station would want to cancel Jeopardy.
I also think that Jeopardy would be far more worthy of renewal than Wheel Of Fortune.

Jeopardy is one of three game shows that are better than Wheel Of Fortune.
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Family Feud are the others.

Date: November 21, 2013 06:43PM

Jeopardy is for anyone who cares about real quality TV programming, unlike Wheel Of Fortune.

Posted by: Thomas E ()
Date: November 22, 2013 12:39AM

The spinning wheel in Wheel of Fortune is an absolute classic image. It is very tantalizing and suspenseful to watch it spin around. In fact, it is so successful that it was copied by Bob Barker in the $1.00 spin-off at the end of each Price is Right show. Another reason why Wheel of Fortune is the most influential and enjoyable game shows is because Wheel of Fortune birthed Price is Right.

Date: November 22, 2013 04:20PM

Thomas E wrote:

The spinning wheel in Wheel of Fortune is an absolute classic image. It is very tantalizing and suspenseful to watch it spin around. In fact, it is so successful that it was copied by Bob Barker in the $1.00 spin-off at the end of each Price is Right show. Another reason why Wheel of Fortune is the most influential and enjoyable game shows is because Wheel of Fortune birthed Price is Right.

You say Wheel Of Fortune birthed The Price Is Right. You are wrong.
FYI, Wheel Of Fortune did not give birth to The Price Is Right.
The Price Is Right has been around since September 1972.
Wheel Of Fortune did not come into existence until January 1975.

Posted by: Thomas E ()
Date: November 22, 2013 08:24PM

The Wheel (the prime focus of the Showcase Showdown), is not original to The Price is Right - it was added in 1975.

Wheel of Fortune started in January 1975. The spinning wheel in Wheel of Fortune was so very tantalizing and suspenseful to watch that it was copied by Price is Right. This move propelled Price is Right to stardom. Another reason why Wheel of Fortune is the most influential and enjoyable game shows is because Wheel of Fortune birthed Price is Right.

William Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thomas E wrote:
> __________________________________________________
> _____________________________
>
> The spinning wheel in Wheel of Fortune is an
> absolute classic image. It is very tantalizing and
> suspenseful to watch it spin around. In fact, it
> is so successful that it was copied by Bob Barker
> in the $1.00 spin-off at the end of each Price is
> Right show. Another reason why Wheel of Fortune is
> the most influential and enjoyable game shows is
> because Wheel of Fortune birthed Price is Right.
>
> You say Wheel Of Fortune birthed The Price Is
> Right. You are wrong.
> FYI, Wheel Of Fortune did not give birth to The
> Price Is Right.
> The Price Is Right has been around since September
> 1972.
> Wheel Of Fortune did not come into existence until
> January 1975.

Date: November 27, 2013 06:41AM

Whilst I do like Jeopardy, I can’t wait for Wheel Of Fortune to finally come to an end once and for all. Wheel Of Fortune is NOT America’s Game.
Jeopardy - Hopefully, it will still be a top-notch game show without any regards to who replaces Alex Trebek as the host of that show in 2016, especially if Matt Lauer turns out to be his replacement. Please do NOT pull the plug on this show!!!

Wheel Of Fortune - Hopefully, it’ll finally end in 2016. Please, please pull the plug on this show!!!!!

Date: December 03, 2013 06:29PM

I cannot wait for Wheel Of Fortune to take a permanent vacation.

Date: December 06, 2013 07:17PM

I think that even though both Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune are subject to potential cancellation in the near future, Jeopardy is the only game show between the two aforementioned game shows that I would really hate to see get cancelled.

Date: December 09, 2013 10:09AM

The TV stations that carry those shows and their program directors should know by now that there will eventually come a time when they cannot afford to keep both shows around for the long haul once their current renewal deal runs out in 2016.
What I mean is that those TV stations are eventually going to have to make some drastic changes within their program schedules. It does not make any difference at all how much money those TV stations stand to gain or lose by cancelling one or the other, or both shows for that matter. But if I were the program director of any TV station that carries those shows and if I had any choice in the matter, as to which game show to keep around for the long haul, I would definitely go with Jeopardy.
Even though both Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune are subject to cancellation at any time, I would really hate to see Jeopardy get cancelled by any TV station.
Whilst I do like Jeopardy, I cannot wait for Wheel Of Fortune to finally come to an end once and for all. Wheel Of Fortune is NOT America's Game.
I live in Kansas, but as far as the NBC affiliate in Wichita and its program schedule regarding Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune are involved, Jeopardy is the only game show on its program schedule that serves any real purpose.
In actuality, when you compare Jeopardy to Wheel Of Fortune, Jeopardy is the only game show that TV stations have to offer, regardless of which TV stations carry those shows, that serves any real purpose.
The reality is that I watch Jeopardy a lot more often than I watch Wheel Of Fortune.
I do not watch Wheel Of Fortune for three reasons. Reason 1 is the introduction of Pat Sajak and Vanna White, whereas Reason 2 is because that show is filled with too many cheap gimmicks and Reason 3 is because that show is not as good now as it was back in its heyday, when you consider that its heyday was 30 years ago.
I seriously think that Pat Sajak and Vanna White have been on that show for way too long.
I also think that Wheel Of Fortune has been around for way too long.
The sooner those TV stations pull the plug on Wheel Of Fortune, the better.

Date: December 16, 2013 06:53AM

How do you describe Jeopardy? - Resourceful and entertaining.

How do you describe Wheel Of Fortune? - Boring.

Date: December 16, 2013 07:09AM

Re: "I don't see why Wheel Of Fortune needs two hosts. One host serves as much real purpose as the other host does, which is no real purpose at all." - Aug. 29

What I meant to say was that Pat Sajak serves as much real purpose as Vanna White does, which is no real purpose at all.

Date: December 16, 2013 08:26AM

Jeopardy bears more actual relevance to cultural and non-cultural events, past or present, than Wheel Of Fortune does.

Date: December 20, 2013 01:52PM

Do I think Jeopardy needs to be cancelled? No. Jeopardy provides for the human brain what Wheel Of Fortune does not.

Do I think Wheel Of Fortune needs to be cancelled? Yes. It's the same damn thing over and over again.

Date: January 02, 2014 06:31PM

???? wrote:

The questions on Wheel of Fortune are simple and some of the
contestants act like five year olds. Nuf said.

There are no questions on Wheel Of Fortune.

Posted by: CarissaLuvsYa ()
Date: January 05, 2014 09:39AM

That and Jeopardy should be on forever!

Date: January 05, 2014 09:43AM

CarissaLuvsYa wrote:

Anyone that thinks Wheel Of Fortune should be on TV forever obviously does not realize that it is possible that the show can be cancelled at any time.

Date: January 05, 2014 09:45AM

CarissaLuvsYa wrote:

Anyone that thinks Wheel Of Fortune should be on TV forever obviously does not realize that it is possible that the show can be cancelled at any time, just like every other program on TV.

Posted by: Carrie Grosvenor ()
Date: January 05, 2014 11:21AM

Jeopardy is simple in design – it's a straight-up quizzer that requires clever and quick contestants to play the game successfully. Wheel Of Fortune has a basic premise, and each round of the game is played in a similar fashion. There are no ridiculous gimmicks, no over-the-top elements that are designed to shock the viewers, and no stunts or challenges to push contestants into uncomfortable territory.

Date: January 05, 2014 11:23AM

Carrie Grosvenor wrote:
Jeopardy is simple in design – it's a straight-up quizzer that requires clever and quick contestants to play the game successfully. Wheel Of Fortune has a basic premise, and each round of the game is played in a similar fashion. There are no ridiculous gimmicks, no over-the-top elements that are designed to shock the viewers, and no stunts or challenges to push contestants into uncomfortable territory.

Jeopardy is not filled with ridiculous gimmicks like Wheel Of Fortune is
when it comes to game shows.

Date: January 06, 2014 10:09AM

CarissaLuvsYa wrote:

Anyone that thinks Wheel Of Fortune should be on TV forever obviously does not realize that the show can be cancelled at any time, just like every other program on TV. All good things must come to an end sooner or later, and Wheel Of Fortune is no exception.

Date: January 10, 2014 11:52PM

There are people who think that it is selfish for any TV station to cancel Wheel Of Fortune, but I think it would be even more selfish for any TV station to cancel Jeopardy.

As for the TV stations that carry both Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune, I strongly believe that Jeopardy is the only game show between the two that is actually worth a damn.

Date: January 11, 2014 12:35AM

There are people who think that it would be selfish for any TV station to cancel Wheel Of Fortune, but I think that it would be even more selfish for any TV station to cancel Jeopardy.

There are nearly 200 TV stations that broadcast Wheel Of Fortune every night. I live in Kansas, but I seriously think that every single TV station, including the NBC affiliate in Wichita, should drop that show from their program schedules in favor of something that actually bears relevance to the events at hand.

What I mean by "...something that actually bears relevance to the events at hand", I am actually saying, "I don't care what that "something" is, whether it's a newsmagazine program, another quiz show or even a 30-minute extension of the 6:00 pm weekend newscast, as long as that "something" bears relevance to the events at hand."

I don't know what anyone would say or would not say, but Wheel Of Fortune bears absolutely no relevance to the events at hand.

Without any regards to how many changes were made, Wheel Of Fortune (the syndicated night-time version) obviously does not have the same appeal it once had upon its debut on September 19,1983.

Posted by: wd315 ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:12AM

As far as that once-upon-a-time fad known as "Vannamania" is involved, that train left town a long time ago, and it is not coming back. The underlying question is, "Does that Vannamania thing serve as a reminder of a certain song title from back in the day, which is aptly titled as "When It's Gone, It Won't Be Back Again", or does it not?" The way I look at it, it does. And the days of "Vannamania" are in the past. In other words, those days are gone forever.

Posted by: Mr. Anonymous ()
Date: September 27, 2016 05:32PM

Yes, I agree that Wheel of Fortune is nothing but solving written puzzles that nobody really cares about. But without Wheel of Fortune there would be no Jeopardy. Just like Batman needed Robin as a sidekick, Jeopardy needs Wheel of Fortune.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.