HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 20, 2009 03:10PM

WashingToneLocian(2) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's yelling because the wheels are coming off and
> he knows it. Hughes would do Mike, station
> personnel and listeners a favor by putting this
> fat whale out of his misery sooner rather than
> later.


He's yelling because that's been his schtick from the beginning. Don used to be the "angry one" while Mike generally followed his lead. The problem is Don did it when, you know, he meant it. Right away Mike figured his show needed that "edginess" to survive but it always seemed contrived. No doubt he is truly a bombastic asshole to his crew off-air, but the on-air stuff is just, at least mostly, faux anger, to be used at the slightest opportunity. I mean he blows up at callers in a second. "I talk, you talk, OK?" Then he proceeds to talk over the caller for 30 seconds about something the caller wasn't talking about then hangs up on him.

And his yelling is annoying. BethANNN!! Jesus.

On a better note, for those that can't wait till Monday morning when (hopefully) you can listen to Don on a stream, he's messing with audio-Twittering now. Little chunks but nice to hear his voice.

http://twitter.com/DonGeronimoShow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 22, 2009 09:29AM

What's up guyeez. You know it would be nice if someone could put Dons new show up for us all to enjoy. I of course can't stream WGMD http://www.wgmd.com/ in the market I'm in.

May be some of you smart guys can figure it out and throw a few snippits up.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 09:30AM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: HomeLess Mike ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:16AM

Homeless Mike O'Meara in 2 years....
tight_clothes_5.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 22, 2009 10:18AM

HomeLess Mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Homeless Mike O'Meara in 2 years....
>


Jesus! I was going to say that that looks like Mike sans about 70 pounds. But when you factor in that he will have been homeless, that's probably about right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 22, 2009 10:19AM

HomeLess Mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Homeless Mike O'Meara in 2 years....
>


This is Mike walking to divorce court to give Carla one of the two bags (she should pick the Hefty bag).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Homeless Robb Spewak ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:20AM

Homeless Robb Spewak...

tight_clothes_16.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: HomeLess Buzz Burbank ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:21AM

HomeLess Buzz Burbank
tight_clothes_3.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Homeless Marsha Burbank ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:23AM

Homeless Marsha Burbank
tight_clothes_8.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 22, 2009 10:29AM

Homeless Marsha Burbank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Homeless Marsha Burbank
>


+1


What the fuck has to happen in your life to end up like that?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 10:29AM by WashingTone Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: June 22, 2009 02:43PM

Did Carla & Mike get back together? (what is she thinking???)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 22, 2009 02:51PM

That looks just like Mike. Is that an un-doctored photo?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 22, 2009 02:54PM

Judging from the pictures on the Web site, turnout for bikes and blues was huge! There's like close to a dozen people!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 22, 2009 03:11PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Judging from the pictures on the Web site, turnout
> for bikes and blues was huge! There's like close
> to a dozen people!


This is pathetic...

4589539.jpg?1245669551

You could walk into any bar in NoVA without a promotion and see something like this.

Here's a clue for those bar owners who are using Mike to promote their establishments...he couldn't even fill his own bar!! What makes you think he can fill yours???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 22, 2009 03:34PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a clue for those bar owners who are using
> Mike to promote their establishments...he couldn't
> even fill his own bar!! What makes you think he
> can fill yours???

+1. When O'Meara's was open, 'ol Mike had pretty much had a free pass to pump his saloon all the time. It's curious he didn't actually **pay** for ads on WJFK, but then again why would he? Our MOM isn't much of a businessman/broadcaster.

Check out the DCRTV message board. One day into his new gig at WGDM in the OC and Donnie G. is in an all-out radio war with one "David “BullDog” Rothner, General Manager / Morning Show Host". The "Bulldog" posted a lengthy DCRTV mailbag diatribe directed at Donnie G., and in part says:

"(Don) never had one nice thing to say about his old partner Mike O’Meara and he looked forward to seeing Mike’s numbers drop in the Arbitron ratings."

HA!! Even Don agrees!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 22, 2009 03:42PM

dapjdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Check out the DCRTV message board. One day into
> his new gig at WGDM in the OC and Donnie G. is in
> an all-out radio war with one "David “BullDog”
> Rothner, General Manager / Morning Show Host".
> The "Bulldog" posted a lengthy DCRTV mailbag
> diatribe directed at Donnie G., and in part says:
>
>

That rant is awesome! In trying to paint Don as an insecure asshole (which I am sure he is), Rothner paints himself as one, too. What a hoot!

Based on what Rothner says, it is entirely possible that Don is posting on this forum. Who could possibly be that obsessed with Mike that he would slam him over and over again? Hmmm.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 03:43PM by WashingTone Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 22, 2009 04:09PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who
> could possibly be that obsessed with Mike that he
> would slam him over and over again? Hmmm.

Let me take a wild guess: Someone who worked with MOM for 20 years, had to goad him into taking more than minimal interest in a high-paying job, as well has encourage him to show up focused and not hung-over and grumpy every day?

Hee-Hee!! The fact that Don has certainly seen this site a most likely posted here must really burn MOM's fat ass - so he delegates spelling-challenged Joe Ardinger or Beth Ann to put us in our place. Too, too funny!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: aodkjsa ()
Date: June 22, 2009 04:30PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Based on what Rothner says, it is entirely
> possible that Don is posting on this forum. Who
> could possibly be that obsessed with Mike that he
> would slam him over and over again? Hmmm.

Wow, so in the spirit of Washingtonelocian, who often accuses anyone who disagrees with him of being a MOM show member, you must be Don then. It's all coming together now. I guess that explains your sick obsession with Mike and also how you have so much time on your hands to post here all day, every day! Hi, Don! How's the beach? Kicked that blow habit yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 22, 2009 04:37PM

aodkjsa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Based on what Rothner says, it is entirely
> > possible that Don is posting on this forum. Who
> > could possibly be that obsessed with Mike that
> he
> > would slam him over and over again? Hmmm.
>
> Wow, so in the spirit of Washingtonelocian, who
> often accuses anyone who disagrees with him of
> being a MOM show member, you must be Don then.
> It's all coming together now. I guess that
> explains your sick obsession with Mike and also
> how you have so much time on your hands to post
> here all day, every day! Hi, Don! How's the
> beach? Kicked that blow habit yet?


Can a hobby be a habit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Nino G. ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:38PM

aodkjsa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, Don! How's the
> beach? Kicked that blow habit yet?

Well, maybe it's **NOT** Don, but another DC-radio all star?!?!? Guess who?

Adios, MFers. Haba-do-gaga!!

(Oops, have I blown my cover?!?!?!?!?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:42PM

Bethann is drunk. Pretty good show today so far.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Nino G. ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:48PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bethann is drunk. Pretty good show today so far.

Cool. Drinking Friday's, drunk Monday. O'Meara's on to a brilliant bit here. He should have a drinking segment every day!! Do what you do best I always say!!

O'Meara's pumping out some kick-ass, cutting edge, creative radio!!

Haba-do-gee!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:55PM

I could listen to drunk Bethann 3 times a week easily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Mike at home ()
Date: June 22, 2009 08:35PM

Mike O'Meara at home.

Mike O'Meara

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 22, 2009 08:44PM

Hopefully someone somewhere will upload Donni's show some how

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: June 23, 2009 09:09AM

I wish Donnie G. would stream his entire show. Wow - that would end our misery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 23, 2009 10:00AM

Jackie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish Donnie G. would stream his entire show.
> Wow - that would end our misery.


All the feedback I've heard on his first day is pretty positive. And the "all out war" with the "Bulldog"? sounds hilarious and is most likely real.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 23, 2009 10:02AM

Mike at home Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike O'Meara at home.
>
>


How many Mike clones are there out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 23, 2009 10:12AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike at home Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mike O'Meara at home.
> >
> >
>
>
> How many Mike clones are there out there?

That is the most disturbing image I have ever seen. Every time Mike O comes up now I think of that image. That and him lying on a massage table. He'll have to be gone a long time for this stain to be purged from our souls and psyches.

Damn You Mike O'Meara, DAMN YOU!< DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: shanusmaximus ()
Date: June 23, 2009 01:24PM

....in other news...Radioman Buzz Burbank has taken a job as a cover model for his favorite magazine....
Attachments:
CatLover.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 23, 2009 01:38PM

I understand Beth Ann has been undergoing an intensive training course at NoVA for her next career step...

carpet5.jpg

Moving up from remnants in the backroom to the new carpeting showroom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 23, 2009 03:38PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand Beth Ann has been undergoing an
> intensive training course at NoVA for her next
> career step...
>
> Moving up from remnants in the backroom to the new
> carpeting showroom.

I dunno, Beth Ann made her mark in indoor astro turf sales and installations, at this late date I don't see her abandoning that cash cow...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 23, 2009 03:39PM

Has anyone heard the Don G. Show yet? If so, what do you think? For the record, I have yet to hear it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 23, 2009 03:41PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone heard the Don G. Show yet? If so, what
> do you think? For the record, I have yet to hear
> it.


Yes. It's a pale imitation of the MoM Show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 23, 2009 03:43PM

From DCRTV: MOM continues his relentless march to the top ten! F'in amazing.

On the other hand - Los Junkies should be muy embarassed - all that sick talent in the Junks camp and they can do no better than **tie** O'Meara? Shame, boys, shame...

6/23 - Another round of those Portable People Meter radio ratings for the DC market, first week of June, age 12+, full-day: 1) WTOP [1st in both drivetimes, including a double-digit 11.6 share in mornings], 2) WHUR [Harvey 3rd], 3) WASH [Loriloo 8th], 4) WAMU, 5) WBIG, 6) WRQX [Diamond 4th], 7) WIHT [Kane 5th], 8) WMZQ, 9) WMMJ [Joyner 6th] and WWDC [Elliot 12th], 11) WGTS, 12) WETA-FM and WPGC [Simpson 10th], 14) WKYS [Parr 13th], 15) WPRS, 16) WTEM, 17) WTGB, 18) WMAL [G&A 18th, Rush 11th, Hannity 18th], 19) WLZL and *****WJFK [Junks 14th, O'Meara 14th]*****, 21) WBQB, 22) WJZW [Imus 21st], 23) WFRE, 24) WPFW. More: 28) WAVA, 30) WFED, 35) WILC and WTNT and WKDV, 40) WAMU's webstream and WWGB and WYCB.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 23, 2009 04:13PM

dapjdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From DCRTV: MOM continues his relentless march to
> the top ten! F'in amazing.
>
>

Actually, he (and his man boobs) seem to be bouncing around in the mid-teens.

No accounting for taste, I guess. As long as the bars who buy ads on WJFK are happy getting 10 people to turn out after spending $15K, I guess Mike has a gig.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 23, 2009 04:15PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes. It's a pale imitation of the MoM Show.

That's a shame. Is he, at least, good with the callers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: rue ()
Date: June 23, 2009 04:45PM

I'd call a pale imitation of O'Meara a good thing. If Don was doing a spot-on impression I'd be worried. But alas I can't yet listen either.

Also, his ratings still suck. They have consistently sucked. Just because they once somehow managed to suck even more doesn't lessen their current suckage. He pulls numbers nowhere near the old D&M show, even in-demo. His limpdick tune-out fest (along with Stern leaving) has been an albatross on the station, losing thousands of precious 106.7 presets every week. The Junkies or the midday slot didn't always used to fare this badly. WJFK is an embarrassment for CBS Radio, actually a broadcasting company of some prestige whose stations/shows usually duke it out for the top 5.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 23, 2009 04:46PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes. It's a pale imitation of the MoM Show.
>
> That's a shame. Is he, at least, good with the
> callers?


I'm just kidding. i haven't heard it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 23, 2009 11:40PM

DGS 6/22: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H1ONM0ST

be vewwy quiet, cbs is hunting wabbits

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 24, 2009 12:30AM

Good Man! Thanks! Keep fighting the good fight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 24, 2009 02:36AM

Say what you will about BethAnn, at least she knew enough not to buy a house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 24, 2009 07:51AM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Say what you will about BethAnn, at least she knew
> enough not to buy a house.


A 40-something single mom making $50K a year with what is probably a less-than-desirable credit record....yeah, she "knew enough" alright.

I still find it humorous people think guys like Rob(b) are pulling down big bucks, even though he lives in a shitty townhome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: puckett ()
Date: June 24, 2009 08:41AM

Just for fun I'd like to hear a few minutes of a Big O and Dukes Show wherein any comments from Oscar or Drab T-Shirt are dubbed over with the tone from an old television test pattern.

Infinitely more enlightening than any pseudo-sentences those two babbling dummies could possibly cobble together.

Dukes isn't a lot better, but he's got the best chance of landing on a show with some talent (or someday striking out on his own).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 24, 2009 10:49AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I still find it humorous people think guys like
> Rob(b) are pulling down big bucks, even though he
> lives in a shitty townhome.

Good point - Rob(b) is probably lucky if he pulls down $50K/year.

In radio, if you are "star" like the MOM, Don or Howard you'll do better than OK (with ratings). For many years Howard Stern's long-time producer Gary Dell'Abate regularly did bar apperances in the Jersey/New York area to make ends meet. That ended when Stern's crew hit pay dirt with the original Sirius contract.

Rob(b), for some reason, doesn't get many commercial reads on JFK and he certainly isn't a draw for bar apperances. After all, if you owned a saloon, are you going to pay Rob(b) $500 for a three hour apperance that 10 people show up for.

The pics of MOM's latest "ride" to Warrenton indicate about 10 hard core fans showed up - and MOM was there!

How many fans would Rob(b) draw to the Vienna 'Hard Times'?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 24, 2009 10:59AM

dapjdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Rob(b), for some reason, doesn't get many
> commercial reads on JFK and he certainly isn't a
> draw for bar apperances.

It's because Rob(b)'s voice sounds like shit. He shouldn't be on the radio in a market like DC (at least, not as a #2 on a drive-time program). He sounds like the overnight guy at WSHT-AM in Buttfuck, Montana.

> After all, if you owned
> a saloon, are you going to pay Rob(b) $500 for a
> three hour apperance that 10 people show up for.
>

No. I wouldn't.

> The pics of MOM's latest "ride" to Warrenton
> indicate about 10 hard core fans showed up - and
> MOM was there!
>

Mike blames the rain. When did this happen? Saturday? I seem to recall that the rain on Saturday was pretty brief.

Also, nobody turned out for his "Rolling Thunder" thing at Harley Davidson in Fairfax, and that took place on a beautiful, sunny day.

> How many fans would Rob(b) draw to the Vienna
> 'Hard Times'?

None. But neither would Mike.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 24, 2009 12:01PM

The rain in the morning saturday was intense and long, but over by noon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 24, 2009 09:04PM

A hard rain's gonna fall soon on the MOM Show

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 24, 2009 10:16PM

I twied getting my own wabbit this mowning. but it is seemingly impossible fwom the intewnet. any more wabbits would be gweatly appweciated. or maybe someone could pm me to teach me how to get my own wabbits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 24, 2009 11:53PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I twied getting my own wabbit this mowning. but it
> is seemingly impossible fwom the intewnet. any
> more wabbits would be gweatly appweciated. or
> maybe someone could pm me to teach me how to get
> my own wabbits.

The rabbit I got the first day of his show was a B+ bad audio quality but exponentially better than the MOM POS. THX R!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 25, 2009 03:05AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: "R" ROCKS! ()
Date: June 25, 2009 10:24AM

YOU ROCK "R"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: brainlessmonkeyboy ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:50AM

"R" ROCKS! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOU ROCK "R"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 25, 2009 02:17PM

I would do you, R.
Attachments:
CourtneyLove.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Radio Ralph ()
Date: June 25, 2009 06:11PM

R Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DGS 6/24: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=276HKAYP


Thanks R!... Sincerely & abundantly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: MOM's a douche ()
Date: June 25, 2009 06:21PM

I guess MOM thinks being an investigative reporter on the Michael Jackson death might bring him some ratings. I think he should be more worried about the death of his radio career.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Thanks Mike ()
Date: June 25, 2009 10:20PM

Michael Jackson that is, you were a huge inspiration for all of music!! Did anyone happen to be listening today when Mike kept taking calls about the celebrity trifecta, then out of no where the news of Jacksons death dropped, kind of creepy. MOM your show should have been the one to die today, not the "king of pop".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:25PM

R You Are A rocker Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on A' Rockin' Me Baby



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 11:27PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:30PM

Rob needs to find a new Job



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 11:32PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:33PM

Radio Ralph Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> R Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > DGS 6/24:
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=276HKAYP
>
>
> Thanks R!... Sincerely & abundantly appreciated.
Mucho Grandois R Keep up the good work

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:35PM

Haven't heard Tones take on the new show yet. Come on Tone lets hear it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:39PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 26, 2009 02:23AM

!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 04:35PM by Harry Tuttle.
Attachments:
domoarigato_large.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 26, 2009 08:55AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't heard Tones take on the new show yet. Come
> on Tone lets hear it


I didn't listen. In fact, I didn't know Jackson was dead until about 8pm last night. I'm sure O'Meara fucked it up somehow, though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Basement of the Science Building ()
Date: June 26, 2009 10:54AM

R Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DGS 6/25: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XECS4LW



U Da Man! Keep up the good work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Richie ()
Date: June 26, 2009 11:03AM

Thanks so much for upload

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:21PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Haven't heard Tones take on the new show yet.
> Come
> > on Tone lets hear it
>
>
> I didn't listen. In fact, I didn't know Jackson
> was dead until about 8pm last night. I'm sure
> O'Meara fucked it up somehow, though.


I could be wrong, but maybe he was referring to Don's show?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: June 26, 2009 05:05PM

I haven't read this thread before, and I just recently started listening to the O'Meara Show in recent weeks.

Yesterday the show was reporting on Michael Jackson's death from the moment it hit, and they were very professional about it: citing sources, careful wording, etc.

Maybe they are usually cavalier about their reporting (dunno - newbie listener), but they did a professional news job with this one.

Not nearly as entertaining as their incessant harassment of that girl about her story of losing her wallet in the restaurant, though...

I thought it was a good mix of silly meanness with solid info. And pretty funny. Dunno how long their shtick lasts before it gets tiring; new listener.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: June 26, 2009 05:47PM

Surprise, Surprise! Mike has more boring guests on today.

I just lost the WJFK stream I was listening too, and it doesn't seem worth it to look for another stream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: You have no life ()
Date: June 26, 2009 07:36PM

I see all these posts on here regarding the MOM show that say his show sucks, yet you listen anyway. Imagine that. Who's the dumbass now? You guys suck. Be honest with yourself and admit you listen, AND LIKE the show, otherwise, how would you know what is being talked about. What hypocrites. See you at church on Sunday, you bastards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Radio Ralph ()
Date: June 26, 2009 07:40PM

Richie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks so much for upload


Hear, hear! Thanks again R! I have a hunch this involves more than a little effort on your part, so please know it's genuinely appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Radio Ralph ()
Date: June 26, 2009 07:44PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mcsmack Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Haven't heard Tones take on the new show yet.
> > Come
> > > on Tone lets hear it
> >
> >
> > I didn't listen. In fact, I didn't know Jackson
> > was dead until about 8pm last night. I'm sure
> > O'Meara fucked it up somehow, though.
>
>
> I could be wrong, but maybe he was referring to
> Don's show?

Yeah... Tone, I think we're all wondering if/how you like DG's new show. Have you had a chance to listen yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Gerard From Manassas ()
Date: June 26, 2009 11:08PM

My Review of the Don Geronimo show-( short and sweet)

I really like the new show Don is always his funny self. The way he mixes calls in with the show is really a cool way of doing it and hes got alot of the old Don and Mike show sound clips are on. A little rough in some of the producing work like coming in and out of commercials. I cant help but think man this show would be alot better with the old cast of guys back with him even Mike.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Bobbi B ()
Date: June 27, 2009 10:20AM

Don's show makes me miss the old show

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 27, 2009 12:22PM

Spacy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't read this thread before, and I just
> recently started listening to the O'Meara Show in
> recent weeks.
>
> Yesterday the show was reporting on Michael
> Jackson's death from the moment it hit, and they
> were very professional about it: citing sources,
> careful wording, etc.
>
> Maybe they are usually cavalier about their
> reporting (dunno - newbie listener), but they did
> a professional news job with this one.
>
> Not nearly as entertaining as their incessant
> harassment of that girl about her story of losing
> her wallet in the restaurant, though...
>
> I thought it was a good mix of silly meanness with
> solid info. And pretty funny. Dunno how long
> their shtick lasts before it gets tiring; new
> listener.

What made you come to this thread?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 12:23PM by Harry Tuttle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 27, 2009 06:26PM

You have no life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see all these posts on here regarding the MOM
> show that say his show sucks, yet you listen
> anyway. Imagine that. Who's the dumbass now? You
> guys suck. Be honest with yourself and admit you
> listen, AND LIKE the show, otherwise, how would
> you know what is being talked about. What
> hypocrites. See you at church on Sunday, you
> bastards.


I love talk radio and have nothing else to listen to (local, anyways) at my desk at work. The show sucks. I also listened to the Don and Mike show since its beginning (hell, I listened to Don before Mike came along) and feel like I have to listen to this out of loyalty. Mostly, now at least, it's background noise, because it's a piece of shit average DJ bullshit show that is a fucking abomination to what the Don and Mike show was, which was always above all that. Power of five, a stupid game that lasts two segments to fill time? YOU'RE THE MIMIC, in which they rely exclusively on listeners doing voices instead of, oh, I don't know, THE GUY RUNNING THE SHOW THAT DID THAT FOR 20-ODD YEARS? BYOB Fridays (and, judging by this week, Mondays and Wednesdays too)? Fuck that shit. Getting drunk on the air can be funny and interesting, but not every fucking week. Eventually, it's just some drunk making an excuse to get fucking drunk. The show is full of cheap, shitty gimmicks. Now I listen mostly because of morbid fascination, really. How long can they let this show last?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 28, 2009 06:46PM

You have no life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see all these posts on here regarding the MOM
> show that say his show sucks, yet you listen
> anyway. Imagine that. Who's the dumbass now? You
> guys suck. Be honest with yourself and admit you
> listen, AND LIKE the show, otherwise, how would
> you know what is being talked about. What
> hypocrites. See you at church on Sunday, you
> bastards.

Hey Dumb Bass Tard!! I don't listen.

Breaking News Dip Shit!! Donni's Back!!

Who's the Dumb Ass?

You Are!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 29, 2009 08:57AM

R has me spoiled for sure. It's Monday AM and I'm looking for Fridays dealie-o and its not here. Hope that rabbits okay. I'm stayin' positive!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 29, 2009 08:59AM

Source: JFK To Go Sports In July - 6/29 - A reliable local radio source tells DCRTV: "7/20 is the start date for WJFK sports/talk... The Junkies re-branded as the 'Sports Junkies' in the morning... Mike Wise from the Post in midday... Chad Dukes and Lavar Arrington in the afternoons." Where's Mike O'Meara? More soon.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 29, 2009 09:18AM

From the DCRTV Mailbag...


Aren't we all forgetting who just had his Big 5-0, with on-air temper tantrum to prove it? Mike O'Meara lashed out at his producer Monday for having the gall to book him a band for his birthday, his newsman for not having studied journalism at American University like HE DID, even his former partner Don for his 'decades' of boring Elvis shows. Then he proceeded to get sloshed for the rest of the day, apparently the only way he could continue. He also got drunk Wednesday, and Friday. With ratings in the toilet at this point he's headed for a flame-out of Elvis proportions. Did you hear how winded he got after he was "forced" to fill in on drums with the birthday band? ... (6/28/09)

It's interesting, but there is some a-hole posting on the mailbag basically wishing that Don would die. Is it MoM venting? The attacks have become more frequent and vicious since Don went back on the air.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Larry ()
Date: June 29, 2009 09:42AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> R has me spoiled for sure. It's Monday AM and I'm
> looking for Fridays dealie-o and its not here.
> Hope that rabbits okay. I'm stayin' positive!


I agree. Loved the 3 shows I heard from last week....hope to hear some more. Many thanks to those who got the 3 from last week!!! Keep it coming!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 29, 2009 09:43AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chad Dukes and Lavar Arrington in the afternoons."
> Where's Mike O'Meara?

MOM is probably going ape-shit-crazy by now - imagine being replaced by 'radio veterans' Chad Duke and LaVar A.

That shows you how much O'Meara and his "afternoon zoo crew" were valued by CBS.

It's sooooo sad, just when'ol Mikey was even trying to re-invent himself as a "sports guy"......

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 29, 2009 09:48AM

dapjdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> It's sooooo sad, just when'ol Mikey was even
> trying to re-invent himself as a "sports
> guy"......
>
> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!


It's all a rumor at this point. I hope CBS pulls the plug, but who knows. I would probably give Chad Dukes and LeVar Arrington a try, though I imagine Arrington will probably suck. I'm not sure what he brings to the table besides football.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 29, 2009 11:23AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would probably give
> Chad Dukes and LeVar Arrington a try....

I'm sensing the JFK sports line up is more about saving money that anything else...I can't imagine they are going to pay Chad/LaVar/Mike Wise much...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 29, 2009 11:28AM

dapjdj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would probably give
> > Chad Dukes and LeVar Arrington a try....
>
> I'm sensing the JFK sports line up is more about
> saving money that anything else...I can't imagine
> they are going to pay Chad/LaVar/Mike Wise much...

Even Danny Boy, who loves LeVar, won't put him on a prime time gig on Red Zebra. LeVar gets some post-game assignment outside of the stadium two hours after the game ends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 29, 2009 12:11PM

Another huge turnout for Mike's 50th birthday party...

4599557.jpg?1245778319


Yeah, he's a regular Howard Stern, alright...

Howard_Stern_Stage.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: June 29, 2009 04:07PM

"best of" this week? Was this a planned week off?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Writing on the wall ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:07PM

Re: Best of this week...
I do not think it was planned. O & D were live today. I think this may be a let the news (sports flip) sink in for Mike. Could you imagine him on the air with the flip rumor fresh and circulating? Mike would be in slow burn mode, a pressure cooker ready to pop. I don't think he would be able to bite his tobgue regarding the rumors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: puckett ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:14PM

Hilarious. Excluding Robb, Buzz and band members, there's exactly ONE spectator in this photo.

NO WAY this was a planned vacation week. Adios, Mikeypants.

"Who's the big winner?" Not Mikey, "not this time, not nevah."



WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another huge turnout for Mike's 50th birthday
> party...
>
>
>
>
> Yeah, he's a regular Howard Stern, alright...
>
>

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:15PM

I don't think every show goes on break at the same time (maybe around Christmas), and he did say he was taking a trip to Mass last week, so I do think it was planned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:18PM

I thought the same thing about his trip too. Then I saw this and I don't know what to believe anymore!
http://twitter.com/mikeomearashow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: LOL OK#53a5 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:23PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another huge turnout for Mike's 50th birthday
> party...
>
>
>
>
> Yeah, he's a regular Howard Stern, alright...
>
>

Very funny that the faggot known as WashingTonelocian is really like the biggest fan of Don and Mike the loser cocksucker. Nice pic faggot which fat fuck are you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:27PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the same thing about his trip too. Then
> I saw this and I don't know what to believe
> anymore!
> http://twitter.com/mikeomearashow


Holy shit!

Edit: God those tweets are horrible. "Listen to the Mike O'Meara Show!" "Download the podcast of the Mike O'meara Show!" "Join us for (guests) today on the Mike O'Meara Show!" I think people reading your twitter will already know what show it's about.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 05:31PM by Johnny Walker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: TMU ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:32PM

Mr. O'Meara . . . white courtesy phone. Face it, for what WJFK is paying the assorted crew of the MOMS, they can hire a whole flock of under(un)employed Posties and ex-Skins to jabber 24/7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Chris ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:32PM

Show is done. Move along.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:39PM

All I know guys is I really miss Rs' input on this thread and hope he finds it in his heart to still contribute. Where are you R ? We miss you...................



LOL OK#53a5 ; What do I sound like Bitch?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:51PM

Source: JFK To Go Sports In July - 6/29 - A reliable local radio source tells DCRTV: "7/20 is the start date for WJFK sports/talk... The Junkies re-branded as the 'Sports Junkies' in the morning... Mike Wise from the Post in midday... Chad Dukes and Lavar Arrington in the afternoons." Where's Mike O'Meara? No response (no denial) this morning from WJFK General Manager Michael Hughes. UPDATE: We hear that O'Meara's show was in rerun mode today, when it was expected to be live. More soon.....

The drama builds, wars and rumors of wars

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Date: June 29, 2009 05:56PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> UPDATE: We hear that O'Meara's show was in rerun
> mode today, when it was expected to be live. More
> soon.....
>

Does anyone have any idea of when Mike's contract extension ends? June 30th would be the end of the quarter. Is it possible Mike is done and they will go with reruns or a feed from the network until July 20th?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 29, 2009 06:04PM

WashingToneLocian(2) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > UPDATE: We hear that O'Meara's show was in
> rerun
> > mode today, when it was expected to be live.
> More
> > soon.....
> >
>
> Does anyone have any idea of when Mike's contract
> extension ends? June 30th would be the end of the
> quarter. Is it possible Mike is done and they will
> go with reruns or a feed from the network until
> July 20th?

It could also explain a full week of on air alcohol consumption

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 29, 2009 06:10PM

He'll also have that skyrocketing ratings trend to make a nice little bow tie with on his resume

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Radio Ralph ()
Date: June 29, 2009 06:32PM

Yeah, this looks to me like it really is the end game.

On the WJFK website, they've not yet bothered to post today's MOMS replay podcasts. And on the message board, a couple of posters are wondering bewilderedly why the show is a repeat when "big topics" like the the death of Billy Mays were already announced on the web page.

Too bad they don't know that the real intel is here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 921


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   ********  **      **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **     **     **  **  **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **     **     **  **  **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **     **     **  **  **  *********  ********* 
 **     **     **     **  **  **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **     **     **  **  **  **     **  **     ** 
 ********      **      ***  ***   **     **  **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.