HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2009 09:42AM

Any time you start your week listening to the DGS and the MOMS show is gone it's gonna be a good week!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 20, 2009 10:01AM

Sigmund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I hated most about the show was that fucking
> retarted guy that they always had on the phone
> asking him to spell things. What the fuck was
> that all about? Everytime I heard that retard on
> I had to switch stations.
>

I don't like Rob(b) either, but that was a bit harsh.

Posted by: lil' mikey burgers ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:10AM

Mike O'Meara

Posted by: Schadenfreude ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:40AM

Ways not to start off a new radio show:

Mike Wise: "Uh, i really dont know what I'm doing, can i take calls now?"

Haha.

Date: July 20, 2009 10:41AM

Schadenfreude Wrote:
> Ways not to start off a new radio show:
>
> Mike Wise: "Uh, i really dont know what I'm doing,
> can i take calls now?"
>
> Haha.

No shit, really?

As bad as Mike was, the real problem here has been Michael Hughes and, from the sounds of it, CK. These guys should have been shown the door with Mike. What a fiasco.

Posted by: donkeytimes ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:45AM

Mike Wise is lucky to be alive...also drowned to death in the georgetown canal last winter I think.

He was always one of the weaker guests on the Sports Reporters on 980. He isn't bad, but I just can't see him leading a show as host.

Date: July 20, 2009 10:47AM

Further ways not to start a new radio show:

Coming back from commercial break to dead air.

Mike Wise: "...[mid sentence] wait i thought we were supposed to come back to music?"

Co-host: "Its ok, its ok."

Im being harsh sure for the first day but, alluding to my name, this is entertaining enough, for the moment.

Date: July 20, 2009 10:48AM

Schadenfreude Wrote:
> Further ways not to start a new radio show:
>
> Coming back from commercial break to dead air.
>
> Mike Wise: "... wait i thought we were supposed to
> come back to music?"
>
> Co-host: "Its ok, its ok."
>
>
> Im being harsh sure for the first day but,
> alluding to my name, this is entertaining enough,
> for the moment.

So what are the odds that Schadenfreude is a former member of the MoM Show?

Date: July 20, 2009 10:50AM

Well, can it be worse than Brian Mitchell?

Don't worry WTL, I am not part of the MoM crew, count on it.

Date: July 20, 2009 10:57AM

donkeytimes Wrote:
> Well, can it be worse than Brian Mitchell?
>
> Don't worry WTL, I am not part of the MoM crew,
> count on it.

It wouldn't be a problem if you were. It seems to me that Michael Hughes and CK have been disastrous at programming formats they should be familiar with. I can only imagine how bad things are going to get with them programming a format they probably know little about.

Date: July 20, 2009 11:09AM

Id stick with your winning formula of Community Message board topics vs. spotting failed radio personalities.

No just some schmo trying to get through another Monday. Oh and waiting for 12pm and my boy Rush to come on. Personal views aside he's a true radio GOD.

ps so was Don.

Date: July 20, 2009 11:26AM

Schadenfreude Wrote:
> Id stick with your winning formula of Community
> Message board topics vs. spotting failed radio
> personalities.
>
> No just some schmo trying to get through another
> Monday. Oh and waiting for 12pm and my boy Rush to
> come on. Personal views aside he's a true radio
> GOD.
>
> ps so was Don.

Don is back on the air and judging by the response from around the country (even though his no compete w/CBS expires 10/2010) It shouldn't be long after that before he's re-syndicated around the country.

His show is pretty funny and worth listening to if you can.

Date: July 20, 2009 11:31AM

Thanks. 1-3pm. He plays music but ima tune in just to hear him once again.

http://irieradio.com/

Date: July 20, 2009 11:49AM

Sorry, not sure if you're just joking with me or not, but he's on http://www.wgmd.com/don-geronimo.html 9-12 late am. Can't stream until a year from Oct. unless something changes.But you know technology.

Date: July 20, 2009 11:54AM

Sorry i googled him and that was the first hit that came up about him working... was too lazy to see if it was accurate. I guess i could work for "The Fan!" too. :)

Date: July 20, 2009 12:06PM

Schadenfreude Wrote:
> Id stick with your winning formula of Community
> Message board topics vs. spotting failed radio
> personalities.
>
> No just some schmo trying to get through another
> Monday. Oh and waiting for 12pm and my boy Rush to
> come on. Personal views aside he's a true radio
> GOD.
>
> ps so was Don.

I listen to Rush to. I enjoy his brand of humor. And his cynical slant towards both liberals and "Blue blood country club republicans"

However I get tired of politics rather quickly and usually tune in to Jim Rome, my options are pretty limited. I have Syrius in my main vehicle but haven't really got into much other then music and ESPN radio. I guess I could use some pointers with that. Good luck w your Mon.

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: July 20, 2009 01:06PM

Well, three hours into the The Mike Wise Show (TMWS), I think we have a new one to rag on. Obviously it's only his first day but it seems very disorganized and painfully BORING. Another JFK'er who seemingly is going to be challenged having to fill four hours of airtime each day........

Date: July 20, 2009 01:07PM

Hey -

I hope Robb(aye) BA and Buzz all find something to do. I mean, MoM struggled, but I can't see lots of the new FAN programming working. Wise is not a pro for radio, and Arrington will be a clown.

I hope the MoM cast will land on their feet...despite our criticism.

Date: July 20, 2009 01:24PM

donkeytimes Wrote:
> Hey -
>
> I hope Robb(aye) BA and Buzz all find something to
> do. I mean, MoM struggled, but I can't see lots
> of the new FAN programming working. Wise is not a
> pro for radio, and Arrington will be a clown.
>
> I hope the MoM cast will land on their
> feet...despite our criticism.

O'Meara and Buzz would probably do fine on a Morning Zoo format on an AC station (most likely for less money).

Haven't listened to Mike Wise or Arrington yet, but it sounds like the train that jumped the track with MoM is now going down the embankment. How CBS doesn't can Hughes, I have no idea.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: July 20, 2009 01:35PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> You would think that even if Mike was lazy and
> wasn't paying attention that he would have picked
> up something through osmosis, but he didn't. He
> sucked and he's gone and it was all his fault.

I gave O'Meara's swan song about five minutes before I switched back to XM/Sirius.

If he's not accountable for his ratings failure, who is? Dark forces? The economy? In tough economic times people want to entertained more than ever - not listen to "The Power of Five" every day. Bleech - and good riddance!

O'Meara's so lazy and unmotivated he won't even set up a web site to keep his acolytes informed about his upcoming career moves. As he said Friday, he'll be taking a good long vacation (actually in O'Meara-speak "vacation" = alcohol fueled binge...) and ponder his many opportunities in VO or cartoon work.

Hmmm, good idea. He should spin an XL-rated late night cartoon to Comedy Central about a washed up second banana radio host with a drinking problem, plenty of financial worries and a hot ex-stripper girlfiend who's 20 years his junior. I smell another "Simpsons" here people!!

O'Meara is lucky in one regard. He won't be tainted with association as a broadcaster on "106.7 The Fan". Early results are in, and this format has "train wreck" written all over it.

I gave the Junkies five minutes this am, and nothing's changed there, they pimped upcoming interviews with the Wizards coach and John Feinstein, then chatted about whether they should cash checks for $2.51. Compelling stuff.

In case you were wondering, Jason "Lurch Papa" Bishop tore up the check, and proceeded to tell his audience he tipped his limo driver $180 Saturday night. Damn! That mofo is the "King of Ashburn", how lucky he must be to be living life that large, how fortunate we are to have the honor of hearing him describe his life to us. Not.

Four years ago, CBS panicked at the spectre of XM and Sirius and established the short-lived "Free FM" concept. With the JFK flip the last sad vestiges of "Free FM" are gone, and it was mostly dismantled two years ago.

"The Fan" will last a year or so - if that long. Save your money Lurch Papa, and tell your fellow Junkies to do the same. You guys make the big bucks @ JFK now, if your numbers don't start looking much better than O'Meara's, well, you'll be taping a "farewell message" for Michael Hughes in about a year...

Date: July 20, 2009 01:43PM

The problem with The Fan is CBS is giving local stations too much control over the personnel they hire. As I have said in the past, a sports station...anywhere...probably won't draw more than a 15th place rating. That's why you need cheap, decent talent and network feeds to make it cost effective. Keeping The Junkies, throwing inexperienced broadcasters like Wise on the air and paying Arringtion whatever he is being paid makes no sense. They would have done better to keep Big O & Dukes together, put a feed on Middays and use a Sports Reporter-type show in the morning (kind of like the Monday Morning Quarterback show Red Zebra runs during football season).

With what they have now, they have the worst of both worlds.

Posted by: JR ()
Date: July 20, 2009 02:56PM

From the WJFK messageboard:

Topic: What do people think about 106.7 The Fan ?

"personally i hate it, it provides nothing that i cant get from espn radio. Why they messed with a perfect formula that wjfk had is beyond me, but i will listen to the junkies and chad out of respect. Everything else I dont seem my self listening to."

"this show is hard to listen to today. . . a lot of dead air, awkward moments and just weird transitions."

" The Junks are awesome and I'll give the LaVar show a listen but the other shows seem like a no go. Like it was said before, the station used to be great. CBS botched it."

"I think 106.7 should have stayed WJFK. Sports radio's place is on AM...not FM. If you want to do something orginal and earth-shattering put Don and Mike on the evening show with special guest Chad Dukes. I'd listen to that show."

"I cannot listen to this station the junks were less than stellar this morning, this show is unlistenable CBS has made a real blunder with this group. Hope Lavar and Chad are up to the task."

"I am trying to listen, but this is truly awful. I am not sure I can get past how poor this radio is compared to 106.7 Free FM"

"Frankly, I'm not a fan. I streamed jfk because of Don and Mike. I live in Florida, so DC sports really do not interest me enough to listen. The Junkies and Chad are entertaining, but again, DC is not my home. I think you screwed the pooch by dropping Mike O'Meara"

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/16139178

Posted by: bailey ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:14PM

MoM show - worst show on the radio! One thing that always, always bothered me about O'meara was how he would ask the guest 15 different questions in one breath! Go on a diatribe of questions and throw them at the guest, who would have to painfully walk through and A. remember each question, then B. try to answer them all without being inturrupted - also, he would ask the same question in 15 different ways....c'mon now. Great example of someone who is self absorbed, they like to hear them selves talk. I'm not an expert interviewer, but I'm not the one on the raido pretending to be - so get it right for gods sake.

Also, BUZZ - f'ing grosse!!! He looks like one of those hairy kids from mexico who have hair on their face and hands and stuff - reminds me of them everytime I see him. And hearing his gross, swinging, drug induced, no underware wearing, wrinkly ass talk about having sex makes me want to barf - who could possibly think that is 3PM radio????? They were they're own demise - self destructed. You put a room full of people with no skills or talent, and the truth will be revealed.

Posted by: KristaD ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:15PM

They need to do something interesting. It just sounds like Chad is interviewing Arrington.

Date: July 20, 2009 03:17PM

KristaD Wrote:
> They need to do something interesting. It just
> sounds like Chad is interviewing Arrington.

What? You mean there's no instant chemistry between a 24-year-old nerd and a 30-something former Pro Bowler?

Date: July 20, 2009 03:22PM

JFK needs people like Andy and Czyban.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:23PM

Oh... I remember times gone by... when Mike and cast members would come on here and say "Well were still on the air, haven't been canceled like every one posting here predicted and you little shits keep listening." Remember those days...

Date: July 20, 2009 03:27PM

Jester Wrote:
> Oh... I remember times gone by... when Mike and
> cast members would come on here and say "Well were
> still on the air, haven't been canceled like every
> one posting here predicted and you little shits
> keep listening." Remember those days...

Yep. How long before Chad and LeVar are on here?

Crazy thought, though. In all their effort to keep this thing hush, hush, did Hughes and CK ever think to have Wise and Arrington come into the studio to do an audition to see if they could even do it? I mean, that's CRAZY and all...

Date: July 20, 2009 03:34PM

Maybe CK and Hughes were desperate for talent, maybe John Feinstein didn't want to do radio and Korny (just examples) - so they had to go get other, talent and quick to get this bitch kicked off.

Who knows, Lavar is loved by many in the area still. Maybe they going on that hunch.

Is Dukes into sports? I mean, I know he was an avid Sports Junkies follower back in the day, but did he really "Love" sports?

I wonder why they couldn't get that windbag Brett Haber to do some hours worth of work, he at least has major network and radio work on his resume.

Date: July 20, 2009 03:45PM

The reviews so far on DCRTV are pretty mixed on Chad and Arrington, but much better than the scathing smack-talk Wise got.

Date: July 20, 2009 03:47PM

> ...did Hughes and CK ever
> think to have Wise and Arrington come into the
> studio to do an audition to see if they could even
> do it? I mean, that's CRAZY and all...

CK in theory, as PD, should be doing that sort of thorough planning, if nothing else, to insure his long-suffering advertisers get some value for their money by presenting something that's marginally listenable.

I think CK is Hughes buffer against losing his job. CK became PD with little experience, other than "producing" the Junkies morning show?

So, he's probably one step up from Beth Ann McBride, isn't getting paid much, works insane hours, and feels so important and self-aware he tries to text while driving and fucks up his car.

Michael Hughes may totally suck at running radio stations, but he excels in survival. My take is he knows CBS Radio is beyond desperate to make this sports radio flip at JFK, it's gonna fail, so let the kid (CK) have enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself, the Junkies, Wise, C&D paving the way for...

Summer 2010, and "The New WJFK 106.7 - The Breeze - Non-Stop Adult Contemporary Tunes for Your Workplace and Lifestyle."

Posted by: KristaD ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:48PM

Heh...when they came back from commercial the announcer clip just called it "The LaVar Arrington Show" No mention of Chad.

Date: July 20, 2009 03:51PM

KristaD Wrote:
> Heh...when they came back from commercial the
> announcer clip just called it "The LaVar
> Arrington Show" No mention of Chad.

That's not the first time that has happened. Apparently LeVar Arrington referred to it as The LeVar Arrington Show" during the press avail last week. Sounds like they pulled Chad in at the last minute because of Arrington's lack of broadcasting chops.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:55PM

That's no joke. And it's a dull interview too. LaVar is a flat, one dimensional character and Chad is running the show all by himself.

"LaVar Arrington Show with Chad Dukes"!? HA! I don't see this lasting very long.

I would seriously prefer listening to nothing but M'OM show's "Best of Author Interviews" than this shit...

KristaD Wrote:
> They need to do something interesting. It just
> sounds like Chad is interviewing Arrington.

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:59PM

The Big O and Dukes Friday show was so good (got to listen while stuck on 95S). It sounds like Chad is trying to do his best to keep this flowing, but it seems painful and awkward. How are they going to fill 4 hours a day? I know Chad can do great radio - but this isn't it.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 20, 2009 04:02PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> I would seriously prefer listening to nothing but
> M'OM show's "Best of Author Interviews" than this
> shit...

Now now let's not go that far.

Date: July 20, 2009 04:05PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would seriously prefer listening to nothing
> but
> > M'OM show's "Best of Author Interviews" than
> this
> > shit...
>
>
> Now now let's not go that far.

Basically Chad interviewing Arrington is exactly like the MoM's show's best interviews. A boring, irrelevant guest being interviewed by someone who was better with his former partner.

Posted by: Angie ()
Date: July 20, 2009 04:53PM

I don't think anyone out there expects that the new format is going to work right away. It's just that the Mike O'Meara show was so bad and the overall ratings of WJFK was so bad that they needed to do something.

I expect that they will go through some growing pains and will make changes as time goes on. At least they are trying something different. Instead of wanting to "go across the street and beat WJFK's behind', Mike should be appreciative that the station stuck with him as long as they could and lost so much in the process. It is a big disappointment that Hughes and Kinard are still employed.

I have to think that the new format is less expensive overall. At least the station won't be battling for last place with the non-profit and religious stations. The article in the Washington Post was a joke - Mike O'Meara and his gang are gone because they produced a lousy and boring show.

Posted by: jshabbadoo ()
Date: July 20, 2009 07:43PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

I on the WJFK website, when DG left, I put up a message that said "O'meara, I look forward to watching you crash and burn you fat mongoloid Douche bag!!" I was really surprised when after hearing all the whiny toddler-like temper tantrums he through he came on and started touting all the great ratings and stuff. How can you keep a fan base when you insult everyone, and hang up on them when they try and talk? I guess you can put some content in your show, you can get away with that. but there's only so much a couple of mimic bits can get you.

bye bye fat man,

I hope I can see how your life turns out now. How's it feel to lose your entitlement?

Date: July 20, 2009 10:57PM

DAMMIT jshabbadoo He was a victim of the GOD DAMN recession you ignoranus. It's not his fault that HOPE & Change failed him. Have a heart man. You cold hearted bastard.
It was Bushes fault.................surprised you didn't know that

Posted by: jshabbadoo ()
Date: July 20, 2009 11:36PM

ok maybe it was a little harsh, but I have to tell you when he would start screaming like a baby and throw things all I could think to myself is "you have a moderate amount of fame, you get to hang out with beautiful women and you get to drink at work? and you're going to throw temper-tantrums like that??"

Loser didn't appreciate what he had when he had it. I admit it, I'm way jealous. That being said, if someone at my workplace screamed at me like that, I'd knock his fucking block off, I don't care if I would get fired. Nobody talks to me that way. I noticed he never lost it when Robert the mailman was in the room. he was a pussy when it came to guys his own size, but when it came to women or people he could fire or push around like that? ohh yeah he was a tough guy.

silver spoon in the mouth tough guy who got mad when he had to do more than just the crosswords while DG did all the work.

Things are tough all over but I'm really not that sorry to see him get taken down a peg or two.

Date: July 21, 2009 10:07AM

I thought that Big O and Dukes was probably the best of the three main shows on JFK? Why was Oscar put out to pasture? He seemed to meld well with Dukes. I think if you worked him back in to the Lavar Arrington Show, it would be much more listenable.....

Posted by: Nange ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:12AM

WashingTone-Locian:

Shouldn't you sum up the purpose for originally posting this site, the goals you've achieved, the fact that you prevailed, and then perhaps put an end to it (and perhaps start a new thread entitled "WJFK- The Fan." I think all has been said about TMOS and until he returns to the air, mission accomplished......

Date: July 21, 2009 10:25AM

Nange Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian:
>
> Shouldn't you sum up the purpose for originally
> posting this site, the goals you've achieved, the
> fact that you prevailed, and then perhaps put an
> end to it (and perhaps start a new thread entitled
> "WJFK- The Fan." I think all has been said about
> TMOS and until he returns to the air, mission
> accomplished......

All has been said. As for Mission Accomplished, that wasn't my doing. That was Mike's doing. He should get full credit.

As for WJFK-The Fan, I think that has been started in the Off Topic thread. I would suggest folks go there if they want to dump on the new format. I know a lot of people don't like it. I don't have a strong opinion about it one way or the other at this time. Given the track record of the current management of the local CBS group, I don't think it will succeed ultimately, but we will see.

Date: July 21, 2009 10:48AM

He really thought he could succeed with the morning zoo crap,complete with all the fake/forced energy and laughter. Those God awful games were enough to set your hair on fire,through the radio.

Mike thought he was so gifted that his am zoo in the afternoon would eclipse all other zoos' on the radio dial. After all he has a degree from American U and above all else he is the great talent known as Mike O'Meara.

He really thought he would show Don to by producing a successful zoo style show. Mike thought this would drive Don crazy. His persona jelled into a controlled rage as he took a #1 rated show and flew it controlled flight into terrain.

And yes Mike looks like a complete idiot when he brays to the press about ratings success> From #1 a little over a year ago to finish 15th. "Finding his stride"

But alls well because he told the Wa Post that he's financially secure enough he doesn't have to make any hasty career decisions.

Well, we'll see Golden Boy.............we'll see

He did say something about getting "The Crap Blues Band " back together just before he was shown the door.

Posted by: Judy ()
Date: July 21, 2009 10:53AM

With the redistricting thread falling to topic #184, the demise of Boo, O'Meara, Big O and Dukes and finally the homecoming of all of the kitties, FU will soon be walking toward it's own bright light. sad.

Date: July 21, 2009 11:01AM

Judy Wrote:
> With the redistricting thread falling to topic
> #184, the demise of Boo, O'Meara, Big O and Dukes
> and finally the homecoming of all of the kitties,
> FU will soon be walking toward it's own bright
> light. sad.

Wherever there is a horrible show on the radio, FU will be there.

Wherever a stupid criminal gets killed, injured or maimed in an ironic, Twilight Zone way, FU will be there.

Wherever white people fear that they will have to have their kids go to school with brown people, FU will be there.

Wherever LOLcats run wild and free, FU will be there.

Wherever trolls threaten "regulars" with bodily harm, FU will be there.

FU will be there...forever.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 21, 2009 11:11AM

> Wherever there is a horrible show on the radio, FU
> will be there.
>
> Wherever a stupid criminal gets killed, injured or
> maimed in an ironic, Twilight Zone way, FU will be
> there.
>
> Wherever white people fear that they will have to
> have their kids go to school with brown people, FU
> will be there.
>
> Wherever LOLcats run wild and free, FU will be
> there.
>
> Wherever trolls threaten "regulars" with bodily
> harm, FU will be there.
>
> FU will be there...forever.

Whenever a degenerate drunk wants to figure out how to deal with his latest DUI/DWI, FU will be there.

Whenever wannabe rappers from Centreville hold impromptu concerts at grocery store loading docks, FU will be there.

Whenever you want to tell tales of messy fisting of high school girls, FU will be there.

Date: July 21, 2009 11:13AM

The Mike O'Meara Show new Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 All

Views Posts

161,196 / 4,146

It would be interesting to know how many posts/views there's been in the last 3 weeks.

It's been a team effort on this thread and entertaining enough that it's not going anytime soon. For sure it has been burning white hot for app. a month and bound to cool a bit. However there is plenty of stupidity to combat on our public radio waves and stupidity has been our primary target on this thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 11:16AM by mcsmack.

Date: July 21, 2009 11:58AM

Once we get word on where BA, Robb(aye) and BUZZ land we will get this bitch light up again, count on it.

Until then, you are right Mcsmack...we have plenty to talk about: Public Enemy number 1 right now is "The LaVar Arrington Show."

Mike Wise is a close second, some rank him worse. I have yet to hear it, but I know its going to be the cause of much fodder.

Date: July 21, 2009 12:05PM

Speaking on which, DCRTV has some slightly related neeeeeeuuuuuwwwwwssss to MoM:

"CBS Radio's Sacramento sports talker KHTK has found a replacement for the now-defunct Mike O'Meara show. Jim Kozimor returns to the station from sports announcing gigs at NBC and with the Sacramento Kings and Monarchs. O'Meara's WJFK-based show had been syndicated nationwide by Westwood One before it got yanked last week, with station flipping from "guy talk" to sports talk....."

Posted by: Ranter ()
Date: July 21, 2009 01:22PM

I just dont think there is enough sports content (especially during the summer months in this town) to support three sports-oriented shows. They are digging for stuff to fill the air and it already shows.......

Date: July 21, 2009 01:24PM

Ranter Wrote:
> I just dont think there is enough sports content
> (especially during the summer months in this town)
> to support three sports-oriented shows. They are
> digging for stuff to fill the air and it already
> shows.......

You can do it if you plan to have an 18th ranked station. That means you have to have the payroll of an 18th ranked station. I'm not sure WJFK does with The Junkies and LaVar Arrington on the payroll.

Date: July 21, 2009 09:12PM

I guess LaVar Arrington was really lighting it up about Snyder today. I haven't heard it yet but it will be interesting to see how this all plays out if the midget
winds up buying the place.

Date: July 21, 2009 09:42PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> I guess LaVar Arrington was really lighting it up
> about Snyder today. I haven't heard it yet but it
> will be interesting to see how this all plays out
> if the midget
> winds up buying the place.

I heard part of the show. Didn't hear the Snyder part. LaVar actually did a pretty good job with the Ladell Betts interview, "Why did you settle for being a backup?" Now THAT's a good interview question. Betts didn't really have a great answer, besides implying that the Skins were going to have tandem backs and it didn't happen (Snyder lied? Big surprise there).

I'm hoping if they get Stan Kasten on there they ask questions like, "Why do you keep developing players for the rest of the league? You get a guy who is injured, rehab him, and then trade him away for another injured player. What's the deal with that?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 09:44PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Date: July 21, 2009 11:01PM

That would be entertaining sports talk definitely.Unfortunately of course he would be black balled.After that if he would keep striking out at these guys he might see a jump in his ratings gaining a whole hell of a lot of credibility w/ fans.

Posted by: Zigs ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:12AM

The best line-up they had: Stern in the morning, Liddly in the afternoon, Don & Mike in the afternoon and the Sports Junkies in the evening. Even when it was crap I could listen all day. Ratings may have been bad, but Big O & Dukes were the closest thing to the old days. I literally grew up with Don & Mike and could not listen to Mike's show. I'm not even a cynical guy, but it never once made me laugh. Heard the first couple of broadcasts of the LaVar show - hope they stay as honest as they have been, but PLEASE stop saying the word 'segway'. Also, now that I'm venting, Chad often said he hated "made up" names like La-whatever. Bring that up in the new show!

Posted by: DC Boy ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:16AM

ITS LIDDY, NOT LIDDLY! AND YEAH, HE SAID HE HATED MADE UP NAMES!

Date: July 22, 2009 07:26AM

Zigs Wrote:
> The best line-up they had: Stern in the morning,
> Liddly in the afternoon, Don & Mike in the
> afternoon and the Sports Junkies in the evening.
> Even when it was crap I could listen all day.
> Ratings may have been bad, but Big O & Dukes were
> the closest thing to the old days. I literally
> grew up with Don & Mike and could not listen to
> Mike's show. I'm not even a cynical guy, but it
> never once made me laugh. Heard the first couple
> of broadcasts of the LaVar show - hope they stay
> as honest as they have been, but PLEASE stop
> saying the word 'segway'. Also, now that I'm
> venting, Chad often said he hated "made up" names
> like La-whatever. Bring that up in the new show!

I was just thinking back to the days when Stern would have Henry Hill on the show (the inspiration for Goodfellas). Stern would start busting on him until Hill started crying. Then Stern would be like, "You feel bad about all those people you killed, don't you." After that, also this mob-sounding guys from New Jersey would start to call in and threaten Hill on the air.

It was awesome radio. Can you imagine anyone on broadcast radio today being ballsy enough to do something like that? Talk about going out on a tightrope.

Date: July 22, 2009 08:19AM

Stern always made for great radio back then, Henry Hill was awesome.

Date: July 22, 2009 08:41AM

Do you think that Arrington is going to burn bridges with his former colleagues just to appease radio fans….doubt it – it’s for show and won’t last. He’s a drone with no personality – how long can one man, oh and chad to, talk about the skins….it was over before it started.

Date: July 22, 2009 09:52AM

Ahhhh, It's Wednesdee and MOM is still gone. Call Doni G if you want,

DonGeronimo Show Lots of out of townies asking about live calls. I do take them, of course. 9a-12n eastcoast. 302.945.9292 or 800-518-9292. At your risk.
about 14 hours ago from web.

Lets give WGMD owner Resort Broadcasting incentive to keep Don around with podcasting/streaming possible syndication most likely a year away.

I actually called the other day and Don picked up the phone after 2 rings. He has no producer, call screener or anything so it's easy to get through.

Posted by: Ranter ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:05AM

"It's Weeednesddeeeey on the Mike Omeara Show, Im Mike Omeara. Email me or texta's can text me at MikeOmeara.com. Remember to have a meal at Omeara's Restaurant, come to Omeara's Fun Run, and purchase Mike O'Meara tee shirts. On today's show we will play Power of 5, play the Uhhhh Game, and a game called guess what Mike is thinking at the moment. We will also have Lindsey Zarniak on and a beer expert from Sam Adams Brewery. Buzz and Rob will laugh at everything I say and Buzz will only speak in complete sentences when he burns up two hours of the show doing old news. Oh wait, we did that show yesterday and again on Monday. Wait, we're doing that show on Thursday and Friday as well."

Boy, I already miss this.......

Re: Buzz Burbank
Posted by: Stepping Razor ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:50AM

I have said it before and I will say it again, Buzz Burbank is a David Letterman stalker. There is something called primary ego diffusion... basically you obsess over a person so much that you take on characteristics of the object's personality. Just do a Youtube of any Letterman clip, listen to the way Dave talks, his phrasing, cadence etc.
Then listen to Buzz. Buzz has actually modeled his speech pattern to match Letterman. The awkward way he 'uhhhhh's and the punctuated starts and stops.
Do you all remember on the OLD JFK durring the Liddy years, Liddy and the D&M show got in a spat because of Letterman. Buzz and Liddy I think shared the same work space, and being the stalker he is, Buzz had a framed picture of Letterman hanging in the studio. Liddy hated it and took it down. This went on for a week or so, Letterman's people got word of it, and there was talk of a possible appearence of D&M and Buzz on Letterman to talk about the feud with Liddy. I remeber Buzz creaming his pants and blushing at the prospect.
I diverged.
Anyway, my thesis is that Mr. Buzz Burbank nee' Michael Elsten, has such a love for David Letterman, that he has taken elements of Letterman's personality and integrated said characteristics into the fabric of his being. It can be proven with a computer, and an Etch a Sketch. IT IS CREEPY.

Date: July 22, 2009 10:56AM

Ranter Wrote:
> "It's Weeednesddeeeey on the Mike Omeara Show, Im
> Mike Omeara. Email me or texta's can text me at
> MikeOmeara.com. Remember to have a meal at
> Omeara's Restaurant, come to Omeara's Fun Run, and
> purchase Mike O'Meara tee shirts. On today's show
> we will play Power of 5, play the Uhhhh Game, and
> a game called guess what Mike is thinking at the
> moment. We will also have Lindsey Zarniak on and
> a beer expert from Sam Adams Brewery. Buzz and
> Rob will laugh at everything I say and Buzz will
> only speak in complete sentences when he burns up
> two hours of the show doing old news. Oh wait, we
> did that show yesterday and again on Monday.
> Wait, we're doing that show on Thursday and Friday
> as well."
>
> Boy, I already miss this.......

I love it!! And every bit of it is true. I can't remember how many times I thought to myself - wow, didn't they just do that...???

Also, Buzz was useless for news - I remember a few weeks ago, on the day that the AP released that the unemployment rate has increased to 8.5%, Buzz proudly proclaims on the air, "Unemployment rate is down!!" "Looks like this is a sign that things are turning around..." I just couldn't believe the blatent disregard for the truth - especially since Buzz's "news" came from other news sources, just regurgitated with a Buzz twist. Pitiful.

Posted by: Stepping Razor ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:00AM

oops...
the Erin Andrews tape somehow ended up here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/258746347/erin_andrews_espn_nude.wmv

virus free.

Date: July 22, 2009 02:34PM

From BA McBride's Twitter Account...

bamcbride

Pie Rules.about 6 hours ago from web
Friends House For Dinner. I Am STARVED. Not Working Can Really Make One Hungry.about 23 hours ago from web
Rain Rain Go Away.3:34 AM Jul 21st from web
Dinner At The Peking Gourmet. Great Horoscope. I'm Ready To Believe.7:03 PM Jul 20th from web
Working On My Italian. Venire Bella! Basta!!1:47 PM Jul 20th from web
Bella Had Her 1st Play Date. 2 Yorkies & 1 Chocolate Lab. So Much Fun!6:15 PM Jul 19th from web
If the Harry Potter kids get any older...they will have to start including sex scenes.4:49 PM Jul 18th from web
Looking Toward The Future. Loved The Past. Excited For What's To Come.5:30 AM Jul 17th from web
Life Is Full Of Surprises...no?

Glad to see that getting laid off hasn't affected her work ethic.

Posted by: DG fan ()
Date: July 22, 2009 07:25PM

Is anybody else having problems with an unresponsive Uncle D?

Date: July 22, 2009 07:31PM

DG FAN,
I feel your pain, my Uncle physically and emotionally abuses me on a daily basis... But I can't leave because I know I deserve it...

And besides the sex is great...

Date: July 22, 2009 10:54PM

UD updates after show every day takes some time but haven't missed a day. down during air time. I eat ice cream every day w/UD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 10:56PM by mcsmack.

Date: July 22, 2009 11:25PM

DG fan Wrote:
> Is anybody else having problems with an
> unresponsive Uncle D?

There is no uncle D

Date: July 23, 2009 08:20AM

Were getting "Kevin and Bean " as a replacement from WW1. ARRRRGGHH

Date: July 23, 2009 08:49AM

Some interesting quotes from this threads past.

The famous "Inyomamma" June 12,2009

Howdy all of you shit-for-brains anus lickers. Have you ever been right about anything in the year plus that you've been prognosticating? I swear, I've never seen so much BS. You're all totally obsessed with the show and always throwing out these made-up scenarios. I think you're all too used to playing Dungeons and Dragons in your parents' basements. What a bunch of weirdos.

Date: July 23, 2009 08:51AM

Find your own favorite quotes from the past and post. Might be fun

Date: July 23, 2009 04:15PM

Posted by: Fist-2-Cuff ()
Date: May 24, 2009 08:51AM

[Note: Added attachments instead of linking to them for posterity's sake]
Attachments:
fisting.jpg
BuzzWebsite.jpg

Date: July 23, 2009 04:24PM

I wonder if Buzz has a brownish, crusty ring around his wrist?

Posted by: Buzz Spermbank ()
Date: July 23, 2009 05:09PM

> I wonder if Buzz has a brownish, crusty ring
> around his wrist?

Not around his wrist, but he does have a brown, crusty ring around his lips from sucking Mikes ass all the time. Geezus, f-ing man up Buzz. If you need advice how to be a man, just ask your "wife".

Date: July 23, 2009 11:16PM

If you read the mailbag on DCRTV, someone keeps popping in there and bashing the holy shit out of Don as "Michael Sorce" not being a team player, etc. It seems like the postings started to come fast and furious when word came down that MoM was gone. I have to wonder if it isn't MoM or Beth Ann making these posts, based on the timing.

Posted by: buff ()
Date: July 24, 2009 11:01PM

Its a sad day in talk radio history its over the format populized by early radio greats has come to an end you guys will be sorely missed You did a great job and these people know nothing, you are great entertainers no one on this board could possibly do what you do. Mike Buzz Robb good luck in life gentlemen thank you for the years of entertainment

Posted by: sy ()
Date: July 24, 2009 11:36PM

Well, there ya go. 84 pages rendered suddenly moot.

Posted by: ChadPukes ()
Date: July 24, 2009 11:53PM

Hows the job searching going Mike? I am glad you got your ass handed to you by a younger, no-talent, fat-ass.

CHAD DUKES TOOK MIKE O'MEARA's JOB!
BWWWWWWwwwwwhahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah.......

You lost your job to Chad Dukes....
BWWWWWWwwwwhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

CHAD DUKES KICKED YOUR ASS MIKE!

chaddukes.jpg

Date: July 25, 2009 01:19AM

The whole Bwahaha/bahaha/pahaha/nopapa thing is pretty annoying... It's too disingenuous... Do you really laugh like that?

Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: July 25, 2009 10:12AM

As bad as the MOM show was it was at least somewhat listenable. This Lavar Arrington thing is beyond execrable. At least O'Meara and co. had some talent and some radio training. Arrington obviously has neither.

Posted by: Chad Pukes ()
Date: July 25, 2009 10:17AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> The whole Bwahaha/bahaha/pahaha/nopapa thing is
> pretty annoying... It's too disingenuous... Do you
> really laugh like that?

Yes, I do. I learned it from Rob(b) Spewak.

Date: July 25, 2009 10:31AM

buff Wrote:
> Its a sad day in talk radio history its over the
> format populized by early radio greats has come to
> an end you guys will be sorely missed You did a
> great job and these people know nothing, you are
> great entertainers no one on this board could
> possibly do what you do. Mike Buzz Robb good luck
> in life gentlemen thank you for the years of
> entertainment

If they had done a great job, they would still be on the air.

Date: July 25, 2009 10:33AM

sy Wrote:
> Well, there ya go. 84 pages rendered suddenly
> moot.

And yet people keep coming here.

Date: July 26, 2009 05:45AM

buff Wrote:
> Its a sad day in talk radio history its over the
> format populized by early radio greats has come to
> an end you guys will be sorely missed You did a
> great job and these people know nothing, you are
> great entertainers no one on this board could
> possibly do what you do. Mike Buzz Robb good luck
> in life gentlemen thank you for the years of
> entertainment

You come here to wish them good will personally? Me thinks your on the wrong thread for that butt.

And I'm pretty sure any one of us could run a #1 rated radio show into the ground, given a year + especially, to do so. I guarun damn tee you there is people on this board that could do that.

If you considered the piece of shit formerly known as TMOMS entertainment, you definitely have what it takes to "do what they do"

But alas, I wish them good luck to...................

May be Buzz could make a career out of touring the local coffee houses reciting his Fisting Haiku.

Or vers libre may be more his style, I dunno.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 05:58AM by mcsmack.

Date: July 26, 2009 09:22AM

The biggest mistake CBS has made is not getting rid of Michael Hughes, as well. Look at his track record:

1. Peter Rosenberg
2. The Poor Man's Loveline Knock-Off
3. Joe Radio
4. Putting O'Reilly on at Midday
5. Chasing off Ron & Fez
6. Having that Jay Sevrin crap on.
7. Having Ron & Fez come in for one live hour in the middle of the day.
8. Junkies Reruns at 6pm
9. Opting to have The Junkies, who have never demonstrated the ability to carry a drive-time show in this market, replace Howard Stern.
10. Chasing off Don before the end of his contract.

Hughes's problem seems to be that he makes decisions based on whether or not he likes someone personally, not on whether or not they can do the job. That might fly with being the manager of a Chili's, but that doesn't work at a big business professional level (look at Dan Snyder). Does Hughes think that the people who manage Stern or Rush Limbaugh like those guys personally? Hell no! They tolerate them because they bring in the money. Hughes needs to grow the hell up or get out of the industry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 09:23AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Date: July 26, 2009 08:55PM

> The biggest mistake CBS has made is not getting
> rid of Michael Hughes, as well. Look at his track
> record:
>
> 1. Peter Rosenberg
> 2. The Poor Man's Loveline Knock-Off
> 3. Joe Radio
> 4. Putting O'Reilly on at Midday
> 5. Chasing off Ron & Fez
> 6. Having that Jay Sevrin crap on.
> 7. Having Ron & Fez come in for one live hour in
> the middle of the day.
> 8. Junkies Reruns at 6pm
> 9. Opting to have The Junkies, who have never
> demonstrated the ability to carry a drive-time
> show in this market, replace Howard Stern.
> 10. Chasing off Don before the end of his
> contract.
>
> Hughes's problem seems to be that he makes
> decisions based on whether or not he likes someone
> personally, not on whether or not they can do the
> job. That might fly with being the manager of a
> Chili's, but that doesn't work at a big business
> professional level (look at Dan Snyder). Does
> Hughes think that the people who manage Stern or
> Rush Limbaugh like those guys personally? Hell no!
> They tolerate them because they bring in the
> money. Hughes needs to grow the hell up or get out
> of the industry.
XZAKTOMONDO

Date: July 27, 2009 11:31AM

You need to add the Penn and Teller dude to your list of scheduling failures....

Date: July 27, 2009 11:34AM

Rahrah Wrote:
> You need to add the Penn and Teller dude to your
> list of scheduling failures....

Forgot about him. You're right!

Or, the tape-delayed O&A. Or Colin Quinn. My God, this guy has been a disaster!

Date: July 27, 2009 11:45AM

> > list of scheduling failures....

How could we forget the Rob(baye) Spewak "used auto sales" and "wedding planner" shows?

Date: July 27, 2009 11:49AM

dapjdj Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > list of scheduling failures....
>
> How could we forget the Rob(baye) Spewak "used
> auto sales" and "wedding planner" shows?

The Bridal Show with Rob(b) Spewak. The same guy who treats his wife like she is his pre-teen daughter. What a joke.

Date: July 27, 2009 12:05PM

MoM had one thing right, Robb(aye) was a old queen...with that Bridal Show. What a laugh that clown had too.

God, I wish the local news would have an interview with Buzz and Robb(aye) to just see "what's next in the pipeline."

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: July 27, 2009 12:34PM

I always thought letting go of the "Radio Hideout" with El Jeffe and J-Dubs was a mistake. CK brought them back for a while on the weekends.

So who ran WJFK before Hughes? Was it Ken Stevens?

Date: July 27, 2009 12:50PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> I always thought letting go of the "Radio Hideout"
> with El Jeffe and J-Dubs was a mistake. CK
> brought them back for a while on the weekends.
>
> So who ran WJFK before Hughes? Was it Ken
> Stevens?

Wasn't it Allan Leinwand?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 12:51PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Date: July 27, 2009 12:54PM

I think it was Ken Stevens then he got shit-canned after that O&A fiasco which lead to Allan Leinwand then to Michael Hughes.

Date: July 27, 2009 02:28PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> I think it was Ken Stevens then he got shit-canned
> after that O&A fiasco which lead to Allan Leinwand
> then to Michael Hughes.

If that's the case, Leinwand wasn't there very long.

Date: July 27, 2009 02:38PM

From DCRTV

December 27, 1999
Stevens Goes To NYC
Ken Stevens, who helped mold Infinity's WJFK (106.7 FM) into the successful "hot talker" that it is, jumps the shuttle to take on GM/VP duties at NYC Infinity station WNEW, which dropped its three decade-old rock format several months ago for "hot talk." Alan Leinwand fills Stevens' shoes at WJFK.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: July 27, 2009 03:51PM

So Ken Stevens was the genious who used to play smooth jazz on the weekeds back in the 90's? Maybe Allen Leinwand was interim GM until Hughes came on board?

Pages: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.