HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 10, 2009 01:56PM

WFB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What Tiller was aborting were beyond "fetuses".
> They were fully formed babies in the final
> trimester. He did it purely for the high fees he
> could charge, not to "save lives". Also, every
> single pro-life group has condemned in the
> strongest possible terms the murder of Tiller.
> These are the facts libs. Go ahead and alter
> reality to make it suit your views. You do it with
> everything else.

Nobody fucking cares.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 10, 2009 02:05PM

formerhick76 Wrote:
> I still don't understand the appeal of sports
> talk.
>
>

It's cheap to produce, so even with shitty ratings you can still make money. Also, there are natural tie ins with groups that already support teams.

Date: June 10, 2009 03:08PM

Even Meade had enough common sense to pull these types of clips off of YouTube...

...What are the odds Mike spent the morning throwing a tantrum in Hughes's office over the Post article?

Posted by: listener guy ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:09PM

No mention as of 310pm. I can't listen anymore it's painfully forced. He won't discuss what was on the front page of the Post sports section. He's talking about David Carradine. Thats timely.

Date: June 10, 2009 03:10PM

listener guy Wrote:
> No mention as of 310pm. I can't listen anymore
> it's painfully forced. He won't discuss what was
> on the front page of the Post sports section. He's
> talking about David Carradine. Thats timely.

He's just imagining the day someone will find him in a hotel closet with a rope tied around his dong.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:29PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
>
> ...What are the odds Mike spent the morning
> throwing a tantrum in Hughes's office over the
> Post article?

200%. If the flip is on, and I suspect it is this time - do you think a sleaze-bag like Hughes is going to clue MOM in?

Let's see the last MOM scrapping rumor was hot an heavy in April. Let's say MOM got a 90-day extension. That. Would. Take. The. MOMS. To: July.

I've listened to the first dreadful segment on-line. No mention of the flip - I'll see if he says anything at the start of the second segment. Then it's tune-out time. I've forgotten how dreadful this cringe-inducing "show" is.

MOM has tried to play up the sports angle tho - mentioning the Nats, Magic/Lakers, Red Sox (yawn...) and hockey.

I don't expect anything - Michael Hughes told DCRTV: "As I said to Paul, whether we are or are not considering anything on any of our stations, we don't discuss or play out strategic decisions through the press."

Date: June 10, 2009 03:33PM

Did Big O and Dukes say anything on their show?

Date: June 10, 2009 03:47PM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> I don't expect anything - Michael Hughes told
> DCRTV: "As I said to Paul, whether we are or are
> not considering anything on any of our stations,
> we don't discuss or play out strategic decisions
> through the press."

Well that's obviously an admission that something is up. You know damn well if Hughes could say, "We aren't changing anything. We are happy with the station's direction," he would have said that. In addition, "I don't expect anything." "Expect" is quite the qualifier. It would imply that the decision is not entirely in his hands or that he isn't completely in the loop, so if Mike gets the ax from NYC, Hughes can claim that he wasn't "in the know," when, in fact, he had to be.

Date: June 10, 2009 04:02PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Did Big O and Dukes say anything on their show?

My guess is "no". Given what the station manager said to DCRTV, I'm sure the talent has been told to zip it on this subject.

Date: June 10, 2009 04:05PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Did Big O and Dukes say anything on their show?
>
> My guess is "no". Given what the station manager
> said to DCRTV, I'm sure the talent has been told
> to zip it on this subject.

Check out Chad's Twitter. Didn't he write something like, "Oh God, I can't believe this is happening" last time?

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:08PM

All mike is talking about right now is sports. Guess he's trying to stay employed. And it's still not interesting.

Posted by: rue ()

"# Yes I read the Post. Please stop sending me that story, not sure what you want from me.

about 6 hours ago from web"

Again, no denial.

Posted by: Rahrah ()

Anyone catch that the same caller was able to get through twice during one of their brilliant contests yesterday. Made TMOS look like they have a pool of ten callers....Mike was obviously trying to make the best of it but I bet he launched on the call screener during commercials.

I also love the fact that 3 obvious non-sport fans (Mike, Rob and Buzz) are now ineptly scrambling to make themselves look like enthusiasts to save their jobs. I cant remember Mike chiming in too much when Don would talk sports.....

Date: June 10, 2009 04:13PM

The problem with Mike and sports is he drags out minutiae nobody cares about in an attempt to sound smart. He could be doing an interview with Yogi Berra and say, "Well, I understand the Vin Cantonal, the Third Base Coach during the Yankees 1948 season was quite the card. He was known as a real practical joker. What were some of the jokes Vin used to play?"

And Yogi would be like, "Who the hell are you talking about? Vin who?"

Posted by: Sacramento Hater ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:16PM

Robb and Buzz have absolutely nothing to add when it comes to sports and Mike is the single worst interviewer ever.....There is no F'ing way he could stay on if the flip is made....And Robb and Buzz....Well since I am pretty sure that neither one of them ever played sports...Unless endless masturbating is a sport...

I can only hope the end is near for these humps for ruining the legacy of The Don & Mike Show.....

Date: June 10, 2009 04:17PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> All mike is talking about right now is sports.
> Guess he's trying to stay employed. And it's still
> not interesting.

El Gordito owes mucho dinero to alot of people - including many years of spousal and child support.

The stupid fuck doesn't have the sense to realize he needs to get Michael Hughes on air and beg for a job as a "sports guy".

If Donnie G. was still around and a station flip were brewing behind his back he'd be calling Hughes, CK and whatever CBS weasel he could find out.

Don knows broadcasting. O'Meara thinks he can make his bones in sports radio by watching games in a bar? That idiot said as much during the first segment today.

He thinks he's a "sports guy" because Beth Ann books some anonymous basketball analyst from ESPN.com for a phone call? Bleccch!!

What a clueless, stupid, fuck.

Date: June 10, 2009 04:31PM

I have to say, though, that as bad as Mike is at sports talk, LeVar Arrington is going to be a fucking disaster.

Posted by: Pathetic ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:46PM

It is awful that MOM has completely destroyed the station. Hate his show but I will miss the Big O and Dukes show, became a fan recently. They didnt mention anything during their show today but it was completely sports focused. And though Oscar doesn't know jack about sports Chad is a huge sports fan and he even knows what he is talking about. He might get a little lucky with this sports switch since he already has his once a week MMA show on Wed. nights. But it sure does hurt listening to TMOS douches trying to talk about sports.

Date: June 10, 2009 04:51PM

Pathetic Wrote:
> It is awful that MOM has completely destroyed the
> station. Hate his show but I will miss the Big O
> and Dukes show, became a fan recently. They didnt
> mention anything during their show today but it
> was completely sports focused. And though Oscar
> doesn't know jack about sports Chad is a huge
> sports fan and he even knows what he is talking
> about. He might get a little lucky with this
> sports switch since he already has his once a week
> MMA show on Wed. nights. But it sure does hurt
> listening to TMOS douches trying to talk about
> sports.

The Junkies haven't helped. While not as bad as O'Meara, it's not an accident that they drift around 17th place. Seems like a lot of money to pay to an ensemble that can't draw shit for listeners.

Posted by: ToodlesAss ()
Date: June 10, 2009 05:42PM

It must be serious, I just saw Mike in the WJFK lobby feeding Robs kid lead paint chips.
He must be getting ready to do another great show exploiting kids /w cancer.

Mike O'Meara

Date: June 10, 2009 05:57PM

Pathetic Wrote:
> He might get a little lucky with this
> sports switch since he already has his once a week
> MMA show on Wed. nights. But it sure does hurt
> listening to TMOS douches trying to talk about
> sports.

BO&D deserve better they are trying - they get a shitty lead in with the Junks who have never cracked the top ten in their time slot in terms of ratings.

The problem for Chad and MMA is that sports talk is centered on baseball, b-ball, football and to a much lesser extent hockey. How do you squeeze MMA in the mix?

When the flip occurs, you'll have (yawn) the Junkies, amusing-for-a-week train wrecks like LaVar Arrington and Mike Wise, and, I would expect even 'ol Riggo (where **hasnt'** he worked) - followed by lots of low-cost national feeds from Fox/CBS Sports or whatever.

According to the Fahri article in the post today CBS wants to cut costs at JFK - after the Junks O'Meara takes home the most coin. BO&D probably don't make much, but what they are paid is more than the aforementioned national feeds.

But - never underestimate CBS and Michael Hughes in the stupidity department. We could see "The Drive Time Sports Machine with Mike O'Meara and Pals" from 3 to 7 each day.

It wouldn't be the most fucked up thing to happen at WJFK by a long shot since Hughes has been in charge...

Date: June 10, 2009 06:43PM

I agree that a MMA show would never be picked up more than once a week, but out of all the people there at least Chad knows something about sports and is actually interested and knowledgeable, to a point. I hate to see them go, think they jumped on the train a little too late, which they always acknowledge! The reason I think the Junks are staying is because they know sports, now they might actually have to try again, which if they do right could be ok. Apparently that is all WJFK has ever asked for.

Date: June 10, 2009 06:46PM

You think if good ol' Donnie G said "give me a show I'll turn this joint around", Hughes would be on his doormat knee pads and all!

Posted by: Fat,Old,Lazy,Fired,MikeO'Meara ()
Date: June 10, 2009 07:05PM

05-28-09 podcast fast forward to 7:39 "…as far as the rest of you…Pinch it, curl it, stick your tongue in it and lick it. I have had it, so had it with all you inadequate, wanna-be , jealous, haters out there. I AM STILL HERE! I SURVIVED THE CRAP! SO F-YOU! AND I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!” - Mike O’Meara

Yeah, right buddy. As soon as your ass leaves WJFK, it goes back on my preset. Get your drunk ass out of there so someone good can come in.

Date: June 10, 2009 07:40PM

Regarding The Junkies, short of firing all of them, I thought this was an approach that might work, in terms of compensation, anyway.,..

Sportsy JFK To "Blow Up" Junks? - 6/10 - A local radio guru tells DCRTV: "It is likely that if WJFK does go all-sports they will follow the CBS format of teaming people together... A seasoned broadcaster with a local sports personality or writer. The 'big fish' remains Tony Kornheiser, who would like to do an 8 AM-to-10 AM or 9 AM-to-11 AM post. Nothing near noon because of his 'PTI' duties." Another source tells us that CBS is "seriously thinking" about "blowing up" the Junkies (right), essentially moving or pairing the four guys differently on different shows on the potential new sports talker, rather than having all four together in mornings. Stay tuned.....

And if the Junkies really are the most highly paid talent on JFK, shame on Hughes for being so fucking stupid to pay top dollar to guys who 1) couldn't cut it on morning drive in DC before 2) were working as mid-day filler when they got the call from Hughes and 3) suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 07:41PM by WashingToneLocian(2).

Posted by: tokie ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:51AM

WASHINTONELOCIAN CHANGE THE STATION YOU DUMB FUCK. YOU ARE THE RETARD ALWAYS BITCHING. GET A LIFE YOU DOUCHE

Date: June 11, 2009 02:54AM

Everyone one of you haters are the biggest losers i have ever seen. you have nothing better to do than complain about a radio show. Seriously get a life. YOU are so pathetic its really sad. I feel bad for you all

Posted by: D.C. Yardie ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:58AM

your sympathy touches me. why dont lick my nutsex looser. biggest looser no you are

Date: June 11, 2009 03:01AM

Good idea, yardie! I'm sorry I mean tardie! HA! But seriously, I just realized I'm a loser for coming to this site and bitching about you guys! I'm no better than you and now I understand what it's like. I really need to think things over...

Date: June 11, 2009 03:04AM

this is the first time i have been to this site and i am seriously curious why all the hatred for this radio show. Do you really have nothing better to do. How old are you guys. This is so damn sad. I really do feel bad for you. How can you carry on this much hatred for a talk show its unbelievable

Posted by: D.C. Yardie ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:06AM

how does you carry such much hatreds for guy ones on the internets who express thereselfs biggest looser no you are

Date: June 11, 2009 03:09AM

Yeah, I remember now! Thanks! I forgot again about the part where I'm the loser for letting a bunch of creeps on the internet bother me... I guess I should just go to bed

Date: June 11, 2009 06:38AM

tokie Wrote:
> Yeah, I remember now! Thanks! I forgot again about
> the part where I'm the loser for letting a bunch
> of creeps on the internet bother me... I guess I
> should just go to bed

See you were up late drinking again, Mike. Sorry your show sucks. Sorry it is going away, no matter what lies Michael Hughes feeds you.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:45AM

Seriously, it reeks of Mike and/or his crew posting anon when someone just HAS to mention it's the "first time they are visiting the site"....

Date: June 11, 2009 09:01AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Seriously, it reeks of Mike and/or his crew
> posting anon when someone just HAS to mention it's
> the "first time they are visiting the site"....

Per your point...

tokie Wrote:
> WASHINTONELOCIAN CHANGE THE STATION YOU DUMB FUCK.
> YOU ARE THE RETARD ALWAYS BITCHING. GET A LIFE YOU
> DOUCHE

But then....

Date: June 11, 2009 03:04AM

this is the first time i have been to this site and i am seriously curious why all the hatred for this radio show.

So if it is your first time on this site, how do you know I'm "always bitching?"

Date: June 11, 2009 10:14AM

when i found the site it put me on the first page.

Date: June 11, 2009 10:19AM

tokie Wrote:
> when i found the site it put me on the first page.

Quit the bullshit, Mike (or Rob(b), Beth Ann or Fisted Sister Buzz)

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: June 11, 2009 10:26AM

tokie Wrote:
> Yeah, I remember now! Thanks! I forgot again about
> the part where I'm the loser for letting a bunch
> of creeps on the internet bother me... I guess I
> should just go to bed

Nothing good ever happens in a bar after midnight. Here is an example of a drunk, most likely fat, by rule stupid and throw in there lonely idiot coming home alone and mad. Just sober enough to log on and lash out.

I don't care whether your Mike or not Tokie. One thing for sure you are an embarrassment. Christ Tokie!! 3:00AM? You most likely will never see this response or remember posting in the first place. Your still passed out now I know, but when you wake up and start nursing hangover # who's counting?, look out the window and you'll see the world still crashing down around you.

I know you most likely threw away the sports section of the Post yesterday, thats understandable,You may want to check out the classifieds when you come to,

Sleep tight Tokie

Date: June 11, 2009 10:30AM

Seriously. What person not associated with the show does a random search at 3 am to come up with this site? Nobody!

Date: June 11, 2009 10:35AM

> Seriously. What person not associated with the
> show does a random search at 3 am to come up with
> this site? Nobody!

Then BAM!! Here he is at 10:00am

Date: June 11, 2009 11:00AM

mcsmack Wrote:
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> -----
> > Seriously. What person not associated with the
> > show does a random search at 3 am to come up
> with
> > this site? Nobody!
>
> Then BAM!! Here he is at 10:00am

Since Carla left, he probably has to get up to let the dog out now. He probably used to sleep until about half-an-hour before his show started. That's how it sounds, anyways.

Posted by: LOLcat ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:15AM

iz in yo stashons flippin da sportz talkz. GO PANTHERZ! Go JAG-u-LARZ!

Date: June 11, 2009 11:42AM

Buzz Burbank doing sports talk would be like Les Nessman trying to pronounce "Chi Chi Rodriguez."

Date: June 11, 2009 11:48AM

>
> Another source tells us that CBS is
> "seriously thinking" about "blowing up" the
> Junkies (right), essentially moving or pairing the
> four guys differently on different shows on the
> potential new sports talker, rather than having
> all four together in mornings. Stay tuned.....
>

Now this is hard to figure - if all four Junks can draw decent ratings, how in the hell is splitting up that scary foursome of radio talent going to make them succeed?

I'm thinking the CBS suits are saying: You've skated long enough boys, time to sink or swim, when we split you up if you get ratings you stay, if not - so long.

Here's some real crazy talk for ya - someone @ DCRTV suggested O'Meara would be a perfect fit for the "new JFK" in morning drive time. HA!! The only way that would work is if he were spinning records for 40 minutes, with 15 minutes of ads, leaving 5 min. for banter with "Sporty Mike" and his sports analysts: Rob(b) and Fisty Buzz...

Date: June 11, 2009 12:39PM

When WJFK flips and Mike is finally shitcanned..could he in theory continue to broadcast to his other markets or is the syndication deal tied directly to his presence at WJFK? Maybe he'll pull a Greaseman and start broadcasting from his basement.

Date: June 11, 2009 12:47PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> When WJFK flips and Mike is finally
> shitcanned..could he in theory continue to
> broadcast to his other markets or is the
> syndication deal tied directly to his presence at
> WJFK? Maybe he'll pull a Greaseman and start
> broadcasting from his basement.

CBS could move MOM to another CBS station - if, and it's a big if, the syndication deals are making any money for CBS. IOW - is the cost of running the MOMS, basically staff salaries being offset by syndication ad revenue?

Date: June 11, 2009 12:50PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> When WJFK flips and Mike is finally
> shitcanned..could he in theory continue to
> broadcast to his other markets or is the
> syndication deal tied directly to his presence at
> WJFK? Maybe he'll pull a Greaseman and start
> broadcasting from his basement.

I can see it now. Mike, in his basement with a bottle of scotch, three days growth of beard and about 50 more pounds on his fat ass, sitting on a folding chair next to a card table with a microphone on it. "And now, folks, once again we play 'The Power of 5!'."

Next thing you know, the door to the basement swings open. Two police officers come in to enforce the bank's eviction notice. They grab Mike and begin to pull him. Mike starts screaming, "But I'm on the air! I'm on the air!"

As he gets dragged, he grabs the microphone and pulls it with him. Then, the police realize that the microphone has been plugged into an empty laundry hamper all along.

All along.

Date: June 11, 2009 12:56PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> Warhawk Wrote:
> -----
> > When WJFK flips and Mike is finally
> > shitcanned..could he in theory continue to
> > broadcast to his other markets or is the
> > syndication deal tied directly to his presence
> at
> > WJFK? Maybe he'll pull a Greaseman and start
> > broadcasting from his basement.
>
> CBS could move MOM to another CBS station - if,
> and it's a big if, the syndication deals are
> making any money for CBS. IOW - is the cost of
> running the MOMS, basically staff salaries being
> offset by syndication ad revenue?

So, again, theoretically, his boasts of "not going anywhere" could be valid. I guess it's still technically true if he's working the midnight to 5am shift on some bullshit low 90's frequency.

I will listen again today and see if he makes any mention of this flipping rumor, but to be honest it was torture listening him talk about sports and that fat out of shape fuck Rob(b) try to chime in. He doesn't know shit about sports, afterall he was in drama in high school.

Oh, one more thing....Buzz Babes. Has anybody seen these chicks? Are they even close to being attractive or is more like this math problem - "If Buzz brings in 12 Buzz babes into the studio and Mike takes 3 of them out, how many dicks do the remaining chicks have between them?".

Date: June 11, 2009 01:02PM

why dont you guys just change the station. Admit it, you like the show, you all have listened everyday for the last year. if you didnt like it, you wouldn't listen. Your jealousy is quite obvious. The new show is good and i am a fan. You guys are just trying to bring the man down. NO one ever answered me why there is so much hatred for him. This is all i really want to know and i will leave and never be back

Date: June 11, 2009 01:10PM

tokie Wrote:
> why dont you guys just change the station.

I have. I listen to podcasts for the most part, but when I do listen to the radio it is usually WTOP, WTEM or one of the NPR stations.

> Admit
> it, you like the show, you all have listened
> everyday for the last year.

Sorry, Mike. But like tens of thousands of other listeners who used to listen to D&M, I don't listen to MOM.

> if you didnt like it,
> you wouldn't listen.

I don't.

> Your jealousy is quite
> obvious.

If jealousy were the issue, why would we be bashing the 20th rated show? Why wouldn't we be bashing the 19 other shows that are ahead of MOM in the ratings?

> The new show is good and i am a fan.

You may be a fan, but the show is not good. I think that has been documented in many places besides this forum.

> You
> guys are just trying to bring the man down.

No. Mike is bringing the man down. We are just pointing out the obvious.

> NO
> one ever answered me why there is so much hatred
> for him.

This has actually been answered several times on this site, Mike. You obviously know. That's why when you had your little tirade a week or two ago you mentioned it..."Don is not coming back." Face it. You are nothing without Don and your ego can't stand it.

> This is all i really want to know and i
> will leave and never be back

Now you know. Now go away (we know you will be back. You can't help yourself, can you?)

Date: June 11, 2009 02:49PM

> Then, the police realize that
> the microphone has been plugged into an empty
> laundry hamper all along.
>
> All along.

Word +100...

Posted by: Jolly Rogers ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:54PM

tokie Wrote:
> why dont you guys just change the station. Admit
> it, you like the show, you all have listened
> everyday for the last year. if you didnt like it,
> you wouldn't listen. Your jealousy is quite
> obvious. The new show is good and i am a fan. You
> guys are just trying to bring the man down. NO
> one ever answered me why there is so much hatred
> for him. This is all i really want to know and i
> will leave and never be back

Nope don't listen any more, let me know when Katie is on in place of Mike.

Posted by: puckett ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:07PM

In case this hasn't been posted yet. From DCRTV.com:

Source: New Shore Radio Gig For Geronimo - 6/11 - A source tells DCRTV that DC radio veteran Don Geronimo (right) will be joining the airstaff of Rehoboth Beach talker WGMD (92.7 FM) to do the 9 AM-to-noon shift, starting 6/22. Now based in Ocean City, Geronimo is forbidden from working in any market where CBS Radio has a presence until his CBS contract expires in October 2010. Geronimo left CBS DC area guy talker WJFK (106.7 FM) in April 2008. There are no CBS stations in the Salisbury/Ocean City radio market. Geronimo did a short-lived music-based stint last summer at eclectic rocker WOCM (98.1 FM) in Ocean City.....

Here's hoping he's figured out a way to get around any CBS-imposed podcasting restrictions for us out-of-market listeners... Doni G is (on his way) BACK, baby.

Posted by: Area Man ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:40PM

Tokie = Joe Ardinger!

Date: June 11, 2009 04:12PM

In fairness to Mike, I believe there is a place in talk radio for him....just not as the lead personality....

Posted by: Tammy in McLean ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:24PM

Area Man Wrote:
> Tokie = Joe Ardinger!

Instead of worrying about what people write about on this website, Mike and his idiots need to think about changing their half-ass attitude toward their show and their jobs. I wish we could send Mike back to WBEY Country 103 where he belongs!

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:28PM

They need to piss off their management more (on air) and quit taking everything lying down. It seems like they are on too tight of a leash.

Date: June 11, 2009 04:38PM

Mike O'Meara's Strategy for Success:

1. Do everything the complete opposite of what made you successful for 25 years.

2. Put together 4 predictable hours of programming. Make sure you do your interview, game and audio vault at the exact same time every day, so that the same listeners hear the same thing over and over again.

3. Get drunk on the air as often as possible. Everyone loves hearing a drunk talk.

4. When conducting an interview, take up all the time asking multi-part questions and don't allow the guest to answer anything.

5. When booking a guest, make sure they haven't done anything relevant in 20 years. It's best to lower everyone's expectations.

6. No one on the show should disagree with you. It is a sign of weakness if they do.

7. About once a month, throw a tantrum about how your show is great because it is now 13th place instead of 20th place because it was the lead-in to a major playoff series.

8. When you have your tantrum, make sure you rail against anonymous texters and forum participants because, after all, you want to make sure everyone knows how insecure you are by railing against anonymous 18-year-olds.

9. Be incredibly defensive and refuse to change a thing, even though it is blatantly obvious that what you are doing isn't working. Changing anything would be an admission that you were wrong....and Mike O'Meara is NEVER wrong.

10. Most of all, have fun!

Date: June 11, 2009 05:03PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> They need to piss off their management more (on
> air) and quit taking everything lying down. It
> seems like they are on too tight of a leash.

I don't think that's the case at all. I think O'Meara is a consummate company man - he values his paycheck (for reasons discussed on this forum previously) so the plays it as safe as possible.

The result? A show with shit ratings and a diminishing audience - oh, and it's something that's painful to listen to.

MOM was at his best as the wacky sidekick that could contribute bits that Don needed. In 20 years MOM never demonstrated he could handle the D&M show when Don wasn't around - his delivery and content were as lame and un-entertaining then as they are now.

He's just not top banana material - it's a pure and simple lack of big-time talent.

Posted by: shanusmaximus ()
Date: June 11, 2009 05:44PM

Things seemed to be going really well up until about 2 months ago. The show seemed to be up...good energy...everyone seemed to be having a genuine good time. Then the whole shooting match has seemed to slip into the lake....The breaks have seemed to get REAL HARD and like WashingTone stated, the programming has become quite predictable. Also, Mike needs to be a better ringleader. It seems he is not overseeing things as well as he should....Being in THAT Captains chair means you are constantly thinking about the show and constantly coming up with ideas for the show. You don't get "time off" so to speak......I am quite disappointed actually, I like Mike. I LIKED the show, but it seems so goddamned faked right now....maybe it can be turned around. I am not a hater like some above me, but I do think the haters have some very good points.

Transformer contest? Lame/Fail

I am a Buzz Babe Get Me Out of Here Contest? Lame/Fail

Katie anywhere near a Mic? FAIL (that fake laugh drives me crazy)

Robs fake laugh? Fail

Porno Roundtable? Fail (yeah there just isn't enough porn shoved in your face all the time and I am starting to think that Buzz is a bit overly perverted)

Buzz's News? Fail (far too politically motivated)

BYOB Friday? Fail (every week is too much, should just do it when they get a good guest)

I do like the Mimic contest...Also, Mike needs a proper co-host, Rob is good, but maybe Mike should let him have a little more say. All in all, I am just not getting the feeling that they are there to have fun and make a great radio show. It does seem like lately it is just clock in, clock out...

Just heard a genuine Rob laugh for the Mimic contest.....more genuine laughs please. Maybe this is just a rough patch...I hope.

Date: June 11, 2009 06:30PM

I think Mike may have just gotten 'The Call' from Hughes... in the middle of his show. At the beginning of today's 6th segment podcast Mike was mysteriously absent and Robb & Buzz had to awkwardly fill for five minutes. When he came back he cut the story they were halfway into, snapped at them when they asked about it, muttered it was "very very difficult." He kinda sounded shaken. Then of course he just started plopping down random calls so he wouldn't have to do anything or think.

Date: June 11, 2009 06:54PM

So Buzz wants to bring up to look out for right wing nut jobs, but won't believe it that there are MUSLIM RIGHT WING NUTJOBS THAT WANT TO DO THIS COUNTRY HARM???
You know what.....fuck you Buzz Burbank....fuck you good in the ass. He would like that though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 06:54PM by shanusmaximus.

Posted by: LalalalaLurker ()

I'm not in the biz, but isn't it pretty much standard practice in radio that once you get the axe, no more airtime, period. I.e., no chance to slip in a few digs about management while saying goodbye.

rue Wrote:
> I think Mike may have just gotten 'The Call' from
> Hughes... in the middle of his show. At the
> beginning of today's 6th segment podcast Mike was
> mysteriously absent and Robb & Buzz had to
> awkwardly fill for five minutes. When he came
> back he cut the story they were halfway into,
> snapped at them when they asked about it, muttered
> it was "very very difficult." He kinda sounded
> shaken. Then of course he just started plopping
> down random calls so he wouldn't have to do
> anything or think.

I just listened to that segment. Wow! You might be right!

I wonder if this had to do with Hughes being so hands off on the sports talk rumors. I wonder if Mike called the suits in NY to see what the deal was and if they called back during the show to tell him he has until June 30 to pack up his shit and leave?

Date: June 11, 2009 06:55PM

LalalalaLurker Wrote:
> I'm not in the biz, but isn't it pretty much
> standard practice in radio that once you get the
> axe, no more airtime, period. I.e., no chance to
> slip in a few digs about management while saying
> goodbye.

I worked in the industry and have seen it go both ways. It depends on the person you are dealing with. The bigger issue would be the call taking place during the show. The only rationale I could think for that is what I said above...Mike kept pushing for an assurance that he wasn't going away and NY called back and said, "Can't make that promise."

Date: June 11, 2009 06:57PM

@WashingTone

"I wonder if Mike called the suits in NY to see what the deal was and if they called back during the show to tell him he has until June 30 to pack up his shit and leave?"

I doubt it. Like LalalalLurker stated, they just ax you, they don't play the two week game.

Posted by: LalalalaLurker ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:00PM

>It depends on the person you are dealing with.<

In O'Meara's case, if it is the end, he'll be looking for another gig, and probably wouldn't do anything to bollocks that.

Assuming he's sober.

>Mike kept pushing for an assurance that he wasn't going away and NY called back and said, "Can't make that promise."<

Seems to fit the facts pretty well. We'll know soon enough, one way or the other.

Date: June 11, 2009 07:00PM

shanusmaximus Wrote:
> @WashingTone
>
> "I wonder if Mike called the suits in NY to see
> what the deal was and if they called back during
> the show to tell him he has until June 30 to pack
> up his shit and leave?"
>
> I doubt it. Like LalalalLurker stated, they just
> ax you, they don't play the two week game.

While I agree with that, I do think my later scenario may have played out. Mike may have wanted a guarantee that he was going to be there after July 1 and the New York suits wouldn't give him one. That, or he was up for an extension of whatever extension he currently has and they said they haven't decided yet.

Date: June 11, 2009 07:03PM

I think what was interesting was that Rob(b) inquired if the call was good. That makes me think it was more than a personal call because if Mike was suddenly called away from the mic for a personal call, I would be surprised if Rob(b) would ask that question on the air (waiting for a break out of respect in case something happened to one of Mike's kids).

All pure conjecture, of course.

Date: June 11, 2009 07:12PM

Buzz pisses me off more than any one else.....if they do go away, maybe he could get a job at Air America....oh, wait.....

Date: June 11, 2009 07:13PM

Mike loses a job, Don gets a job. Love it.

Date: June 11, 2009 07:28PM

WashingToneLocian(2) Wrote:
> I think what was interesting was that Rob(b)
> inquired if the call was good. That makes me think
> it was more than a personal call because if Mike
> was suddenly called away from the mic for a
> personal call, I would be surprised if Rob(b)
> would ask that question on the air (waiting for a
> break out of respect in case something happened to
> one of Mike's kids).
>
> All pure conjecture, of course.

Maybe Carla called and said that she was indeed pregnant. Now Mike will have no job, alimony and 3 kids to support.

Posted by: Sacramento Hater ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:36PM

shanusmaximus Wrote:
> So Buzz wants to bring up to look out for right
> wing nut jobs, but won't believe it that there are
> MUSLIM RIGHT WING NUTJOBS THAT WANT TO DO THIS
> COUNTRY HARM???
> You know what.....fuck you Buzz Burbank....fuck
> you good in the ass. He would like that though.

Thank you....I am so Fucking sick of that Asshole Burbank. I hope the flip is on and he lands in the dumpster of washed up DJ's....

And if Buzz the A-Hole thinks Muslim Extremists will leave him alone he is wrong. He would be the first to lose his head...The Fucking Pervert..!!

Date: June 11, 2009 09:01PM

It seems that Buzz drinks the Flavor-aid*. I used to love the Buzz newscasts....but like everything else lately on the show, it is just off. Buzz completely follows the mainstream media. It sucks. Also....I don't give a shit how Buzz feels aboot Politics. I have shows I listen to for that shit.....I want funny. I don't need another Progressive retard that licks the governments scrotum telling me how he feeeeeeeeeeeeels. I don't care how you feel....give me the fucking news and make me laugh! DANCE MONKEY DANCE!!!!

*Contrary to popular belief the saying "kool-aide" drinker, is false. It refers to the Jonestown massacre, so to be accurate, it was Flavor-aid brand drink that was spiked with poison. Apparently they couldn't afford name brand.....
For your health!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 09:02PM by shanusmaximus.

Date: June 11, 2009 09:58PM

My problem with Buzz's "news" is that it is usually four days old. Don used to bust his balls about that. Mike thinks it is great to be irrelevant.

Date: June 11, 2009 11:53PM

rue Wrote:
> I think Mike may have just gotten 'The Call' from
> Hughes... in the middle of his show. At the
> beginning of today's 6th segment podcast Mike was
> mysteriously absent and Robb & Buzz had to
> awkwardly fill for five minutes. When he came
> back he cut the story they were halfway into,
> snapped at them when they asked about it, muttered
> it was "very very difficult." He kinda sounded
> shaken. Then of course he just started plopping
> down random calls so he wouldn't have to do
> anything or think.

Hey guys! I'm calling it a LOCK!! MOM is done!

Check it out

michael’s posterous
« Back to blog
Viewed 770 times
Favorited 0 times
Tags
None yet.
June 11, 2009
Why WGMD?

I've gotten lots of email responses in the few hours since word got out that I would be joining WGMD-FM on June 22nd.
First, thanks for all your support! It gives me confidence that someone out there remembers what I do on the air enough to start all over again.
Let me answer a few questions I keep getting over and over:

1) No podcasts are scheduled
2) Live streaming is totally contractually controlled by CBSradio until Oct, 2010.
I think they'll be cool, but you never know until you try.
Bottom line: Think it's 2003 again. When CBS radio forbid any kind of streaming, yet there were many "secret sites" to find downloads. While I don't endorse anyone doing anything, I think if you live outside the WGMD listening area you'll find something, somewhere. I have faith in folks like that.

Why WGMD, the Rush/Savage/local talk station? Because it is a special radio station that I have been a fan of for over 15 years.
I made a bad mistake by trying to return to radio a year ago at WOCM-FM. Because those people were beyond un-professional and had no clue as to what radio is all about. But I'll have a special hour or two or three to discuss Layton and Bulldog and the others at 98.1fm. Paybacks are hell, buds. Truth telling (including how you can't even get 5 callers for a contest!) will be revealed on the radio.
If I had a clue as to what they were about at WOCM, I'd never have walked through the door.

That's my fault, and I learned from my mistake.

WGMD is the polar opposite. I have been talking to them for over two months about this, and they know what they're getting. And so do I. They're a tight little station with a great morning show and local programming that has become rarer and rarer.
So what if they run Rush? He gets huge numbers and is a pro. ( Rush was akaJeff Christie at KQV/Pittsburgh)
So what if WGMD has other guys who drink the same kool aid? More power to 'em.
I will offer something different, and WGMD realizes it's a good thing.
Powerful radio is not cookie cutter radio.
I had to look right outside my back door to find it.
WGMD made me a strong offer, and they have some guts to add me to their lineup. I'm happy living with Janet at the beach, and the time slot is the one I'd ask for, all things being equal. That makes me feel pretty good about my future.
But what will I do on the show?
I'll talk about my life, and the people that amuse and annoy me. And I'll talk pop culture, and teevee. Plus I have to start over again as I have no tapes at all from the old show...so we'll grow the library of drop in tapes together. And I'll take your unscreened calls (always) and we'll play some games.
Some new ones, some old ones. One change, though. No more strippers or sex games. Not because WGMD asked, because it's what I feel comfortable with.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with my disposition. I am happy, and believe it shows.
Not that things and people don't still set me off.
I will rail about John & Kate and stupid reality shows.
I will rail about Best Buy and box store mentality.
I will read you news stories about grannys getting tasered.
And I will have a great time doing it.

WGMD is not an impulse move for me. It's a thought out decision about where I want to work, and the life I want to lead.
And I think you'll find the rules are not nearly as stringent as "some" radio companies. So hilarity may ensue.

I look forward to Monday, June 22nd at 9am.
That's why I'm doing it, and I hope you'll join me.

DonGeronimoShow

d.
June 11, 2009

The only reason Hughes would let Don go back on air would be that the sports flip info is correct and going to happen. Hughes won't care anymore with WJFK's new format. Don's back 06.22.09, Mikes gone or reduced significantly in his role by 07.01.09. In the interim things may be pretty interesting on his show and may be worth listening for an ultimate self implosion. Finally that prick can collectively kiss all of our asses...... And good riddance you fat piece of shit!!

Date: June 12, 2009 12:59AM

If Don getting a job meant Mike was getting canned for sure, why wouldn't they schedule podcasts for Don's new progrum?

Posted by: tootsie ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:02AM

you will all find out tomorrow at 3pm...

Date: June 12, 2009 01:10AM

Find out what, toots? Who the winner of the Totally Transformed give away is?

Posted by: tootsie ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:17AM

nah, just MOMs announcing the flip officially.

Date: June 12, 2009 01:59AM

tootsie Wrote:
> nah, just MOMs announcing the flip officially.

They won't tell him shit till the end of the last show.

WashingToneLocian(2) Wrote:
> My problem with Buzz's "news" is that it is
> usually four days old. Don used to bust his balls
> about that. Mike thinks it is great to be
> irrelevant.

If you check FARK, you'll see every story at least the day before, which is really what I think he does.

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: June 12, 2009 06:50AM

That segment 6 pocast is interesting - Mike interupts Robb and Buzz twice, tells them to stop two segments (Buzz babe and entertainment news) and to ad lib. Then comes back and says "important call, its very very difficult". It happens so fast I don't see how it could have been business related.
Can't wait for the Donnie G show - His twitter and blogs are so much better than MOMs.

Date: June 12, 2009 08:42AM

I don't think there is any correlation between what Don is doing in OC and Mike's status. I do think something is up, though. I think there was something up last time around and Mike's bitching and technical/contractual issues CBS was having with the flip resulted in a stay of execution. But June 30 is the end of the quarter and possibly the end of either WJFK's or CBS's fiscal year, so a flip on July 1 could make sense.

Posted by: Inyomama ()
Date: June 12, 2009 06:47PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> rue Wrote:
> -----
> > I think Mike may have just gotten 'The Call'
> from
> > Hughes... in the middle of his show. At the
> > beginning of today's 6th segment podcast Mike
> was
> > mysteriously absent and Robb & Buzz had to
> > awkwardly fill for five minutes. When he came
> > back he cut the story they were halfway into,
> > snapped at them when they asked about it,
> muttered
> > it was "very very difficult." He kinda sounded
> > shaken. Then of course he just started
> plopping
> > down random calls so he wouldn't have to do
> > anything or think.
>
> Hey guys! I'm calling it a LOCK!! MOM is done!
>
> Check it out
>
> michael’s posterous
> « Back to blog
> Viewed 770 times
> Favorited 0 times
> Tags
> None yet.
> June 11, 2009
> Why WGMD?
>
> I've gotten lots of email responses in the few
> hours since word got out that I would be joining
> WGMD-FM on June 22nd.
> First, thanks for all your support! It gives me
> confidence that someone out there remembers what I
> do on the air enough to start all over again.
> Let me answer a few questions I keep getting over
> and over:
>
> 1) No podcasts are scheduled
> 2) Live streaming is totally contractually
> controlled by CBSradio until Oct, 2010.
> I think they'll be cool, but you never know until
> you try.
> Bottom line: Think it's 2003 again. When CBS radio
> forbid any kind of streaming, yet there were many
> "secret sites" to find downloads. While I don't
> endorse anyone doing anything, I think if you
> live outside the WGMD listening area you'll find
> something, somewhere. I have faith in folks like
> that.
>
> Why WGMD, the Rush/Savage/local talk station?
> Because it is a special radio station that I have
> been a fan of for over 15 years.
> I made a bad mistake by trying to return to radio
> a year ago at WOCM-FM. Because those people were
> beyond un-professional and had no clue as to what
> radio is all about. But I'll have a special hour
> or two or three to discuss Layton and Bulldog and
> the others at 98.1fm. Paybacks are hell, buds.
> Truth telling (including how you can't even get 5
> callers for a contest!) will be revealed on the
> radio.
> If I had a clue as to what they were about at
> WOCM, I'd never have walked through the door.
>
> That's my fault, and I learned from my mistake.
>
> WGMD is the polar opposite. I have been talking to
> them for over two months about this, and they know
> what they're getting. And so do I. They're a tight
> little station with a great morning show and local
> programming that has become rarer and rarer.
> So what if they run Rush? He gets huge numbers and
> is a pro. ( Rush was akaJeff Christie at
> KQV/Pittsburgh)
> So what if WGMD has other guys who drink the same
> kool aid? More power to 'em.
> I will offer something different, and WGMD
> realizes it's a good thing.
> Powerful radio is not cookie cutter radio.
> I had to look right outside my back door to find
> it.
> WGMD made me a strong offer, and they have some
> guts to add me to their lineup. I'm happy living
> with Janet at the beach, and the time slot is the
> one I'd ask for, all things being equal. That
> makes me feel pretty good about my future.
> But what will I do on the show?
> I'll talk about my life, and the people that amuse
> and annoy me. And I'll talk pop culture, and
> teevee. Plus I have to start over again as I have
> no tapes at all from the old show...so we'll grow
> the library of drop in tapes together. And I'll
> take your unscreened calls (always) and we'll play
> some games.
> Some new ones, some old ones. One change, though.
> No more strippers or sex games. Not because WGMD
> asked, because it's what I feel comfortable with.
> I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with my
> disposition. I am happy, and believe it shows.
> Not that things and people don't still set me off.
>
> I will rail about John & Kate and stupid reality
> shows.
> I will rail about Best Buy and box store
> mentality.
> I will read you news stories about grannys getting
> tasered.
> And I will have a great time doing it.
>
> WGMD is not an impulse move for me. It's a thought
> out decision about where I want to work, and the
> life I want to lead.
> And I think you'll find the rules are not nearly
> as stringent as "some" radio companies. So
> hilarity may ensue.
>
> I look forward to Monday, June 22nd at 9am.
> That's why I'm doing it, and I hope you'll join
> me.
>
>
> DonGeronimoShow
>
>
> d.
> June 11, 2009
>
> The only reason Hughes would let Don go back on
> air would be that the sports flip info is correct
> and going to happen. Hughes won't care anymore
> with WJFK's new format. Don's back 06.22.09, Mikes
> gone or reduced significantly in his role by
> 07.01.09. In the interim things may be pretty
> interesting on his show and may be worth listening
> for an ultimate self implosion. Finally that prick
> can collectively kiss all of our asses...... And
> good riddance you fat piece of shit!!

Howdy all of you shit-for-brains anus lickers. Have you ever been right about anything in the year plus that you've been prognosticating? I swear, I've never seen so much BS. You're all totally obsessed with the show and always throwing out these made-up scenarios. I think you're all too used to playing Dungeons and Dragons in your parents' basements. What a bunch of weirdos.

Date: June 12, 2009 07:12PM

Check in Tues. Inyo. We,ll see who's working his way back down to licking the anus of the lowest ratings in the market. Now go hang with Mike this weekend and look for some strippers. Must be sad to have to pay a girl to pretend she likes you. And expensive.... Just ask your ol' buddy Mike. I'll be at my lake house if you need me w/girlfriend

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 07:19PM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Inyomama ()
Date: June 12, 2009 07:32PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> Check in Tues. Inyo. We,ll see who's working his
> way back down to licking the anus of the lowest
> ratings in the market. Now go hang with Mike this
> weekend and look for some strippers. Must be sad
> to have to pay a girl to pretend she likes you.
> And expensive.... Just ask your ol' buddy Mike.
> I'll be at my lake house if you need me
> w/girlfriend

Don't you have any more lame predictions to take us into the weekend? Also, this is the second time you've referenced your "other" properties. As if that will make you look like a huge success to the other dweebs on this thread. You must have some pretty serious insecurities (small dick). I'm sure your girlfriend is a real looker. By the way, who cares if the MOM show continues? I'm only going to miss an occassional visit to this thread to read about your obsessive infatuation with it. Happy hunting troll.

Date: June 12, 2009 08:49PM

Anyone else notice that WJFK has become one big informercial for "The Man Grate" lately. Sounds like the dumbest invention ever. How about "The Man Fork"? You buy a fork to put on top of the fork you're already using. I love the way the Junkies and Big O are carrying on like this guy just invented the flying car...

Date: June 12, 2009 09:48PM

Inyomama Wrote:

>
> Howdy all of you shit-for-brains anus lickers.
> Have you ever been right about anything in the
> year plus that you've been prognosticating?

Mike ending up in the ratings toilet? Check.

Carla leaving Mike's fat ass? Check.

Mike becoming unhinged as his show spins further into the toilet? Check.

Mike being shit-canned? Pending.

Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: June 13, 2009 12:07AM

I was a fan of the Don and Mike show from the early '90s. I loved the show, and the chemistry between the two of them.

I knew the show wouldn't be the same without Don, but I expected something better than this! I think you could get a group of college kids together and they could do a funnier show than the Mike O'Meara show.

Mike always sounded nervous and on edge whenever Don wasn't around. But now he just sounds grouchy and is always dismissive towards Robb and Buzz. I wouldn't be surprised if they hate him by now.

I never thought Buzz made much of a contribution, though, even on the D&M show. He's not a legitimate newsman, IMO, just a creepy weirdo as some of you have already mentioned.

I always liked Robb though. I think he tells some funny stories, but Mike rarely gives him the chance.

Mike is grouchy towards the listeners too when they call in. I really think he hates taking phone calls from them, unless he needs them to participate in one of his dumb games.

I stay away from his show for weeks or even months at a time, then I come back hoping that somehow, the show might have improved.

But it never does.

Posted by: r ()
Date: June 13, 2009 01:14AM

WJFK website returning a 404...

Posted by: r ()
Date: June 13, 2009 01:32AM

Posted by: Wankstick ()
Date: June 13, 2009 11:32AM

I listened to Don & Mike for many years, and was sad to see Don go.

The Mike O'Meara show totally blows. Every now and then I tune in, just to see if it's been cancelled yet, and to my amazement it's still on. One day he was interviewing accodian players.....ACCORDIAN PLAYERS!!!!! I thought it was a goof, but it turns out Mike's a fan of the accordian.

It is the most godawful piece of crap on the air. I'm sure Don's patting himself of the back now saying "Yep, I WAS that show...."

Mike is a good side man, not remotely good as a star.

Date: June 14, 2009 10:36AM

Wankstick Wrote:

>
> One day he
> was interviewing accodian players.....ACCORDIAN
> PLAYERS!!!!! I thought it was a goof, but it turns
> out Mike's a fan of the accordian.
>
> It is the most godawful piece of crap on the air.
> I'm sure Don's patting himself of the back now
> saying "Yep, I WAS that show...."
>

Mike doesn't try. Period.

The reason he has so many authors on is because they are the easiest bookings to arrange. Publishers send out tons of media avails for authors. They write the questions and will fill in the holes in your schedule. If you ever watch C-SPAN or listen to most other talk radio programs, they schedule these kinds of interviews on the weekend because NOBODY CARES about most of these authors.

Not Mike. He loves these interviews because he gets to do even less work than normal. It also makes Beth Ann's life much easier.

Sad. Pathetic. Shitty.

Date: June 14, 2009 06:10PM

Inyomama Wrote:
> Howdy all of you shit-for-brains anus lickers.
> Have you ever been right about anything in the
> year plus that you've been prognosticating? I
> swear, I've never seen so much BS. You're all
> totally obsessed with the show and always throwing
> out these made-up scenarios. I think you're all
> too used to playing Dungeons and Dragons in your
> parents' basements. What a bunch of weirdos.

When there's an article in the Washington Post about it, it ceases to be "pure rumor" and becomes "something that is (at least) being seriously considered."

Date: June 14, 2009 06:41PM

>
> The reason he has so many authors on is because
> they are the easiest bookings to arrange.
> Publishers send out tons of media avails for
> authors. They write the questions and will fill in
> the holes in your schedule. If you ever watch
> C-SPAN or listen to most other talk radio
> programs, they schedule these kinds of interviews
> on the weekend because NOBODY CARES about most of
> these authors.
>
> Not Mike. He loves these interviews because he
> gets to do even less work than normal. It also
> makes Beth Ann's life much easier.
>
> Sad. Pathetic. Shitty.

No shit. It always sounds like this,

Mike: "Coming up next, we have Mike Jones, author of the book "Turning a Dog Person Into a Cat Person". I know that's something that people in new relationships could use especially if they moving in together. (insert stupid Robb fake laugh) Stay tuned."

Who the fuck wants to listen to that kind of bullshit?

Date: June 15, 2009 03:15PM

From the DCRTV mailbag....

I'm a ten-plus-year listener to Don & Mike and now MO'M out here in syndication-land. I've just about given up on O'Meara, and for what it's worth, here's why. It's finally dawned on me that Mike doesn't like radio. This is just a job for him, and when he didn't have to be the creative one, or the heavy-lifter, he did a great job. I have a new-found respect for the job DG did on that show. HE cared about the medium, and despite his caveats that "if you steal from me, you're stealing twice," Geronimo made that show interesting. The games, the bits, the mastery of the phones, man, the dude did it all, and Mike was funny as the "#2". But now, the Mike O'Meara Show is basically 3 hours of listless interviews and hanging up on callers, interspersed with Mike berating BA, Buzz and Robb. Jesus fucking Christ. Where to start? Robbay's quirky sense of taste and humor are about ALL this jalopy has going for it, and Mike does NOTHING but give him shit for it. A young guy who likes old movies is infinitely cooler than an old guy with a Harley and yet another young ex-girlfriend. And FYI, bitching about Robb's ancient taste would make more sense if you didn't drag out the fucking Buddy Rich every other day, Micheal. And poor old Buzz. I know he's about as accurate with the news as a drunk at a tavern dartboard, but come ON. Mike rides his ass like Buzz is the last camel out of the desert. Lighten up. Power of 5? Again? That's all you got? No voices, which is what you're actually good at? No decent games? No theater of the mind? RIP...bring on the Sports Talk. (6/12/09)

Pretty much says it all.

Posted by: GDF Vince ()
Date: June 15, 2009 03:54PM

He Washingtonlocian, you piece of shit, you seem to know a lot about the MOM show. You listen every day don't you asshole? If you don't like it turn the fucking station you loser.

Date: June 15, 2009 03:57PM

GDF Vince Wrote:
> He Washingtonlocian, you piece of shit, you seem
> to know a lot about the MOM show. You listen every
> day don't you asshole? If you don't like it turn
> the fucking station you loser.

I copied and pasted someone else's comment from DCRTV. It just demonstrates that the animosity toward Mike's shitty performance is universal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 03:57PM by WashingTone Locian.

Posted by: brainlessmonkeyboy ()
Date: June 15, 2009 03:57PM

GDF Vince Wrote:
> He Washingtonlocian, you piece of shit, you seem
> to know a lot about the MOM show. You listen every
> day don't you asshole? If you don't like it turn
> the fucking station you loser.

And if you don't like the commentary, don't visit the site, douchenozzle.

Date: June 15, 2009 04:02PM

There would be more Mike defenders on here if his demo didn't consist almost entirely of 75-year-olds trying to re-live the glory days of "The Wild One" on their shitty, over-rated Harleys.

Pages: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.