HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Trebor Snika Virus Spreader? ()
Date: May 19, 2009 05:32PM

Someone needs to let the owner of this website know that the file "this thread sucks" is a virus.

Here is a link to norton
http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.fairfaxunderground.com%2Fforum%2Fread%2F2%2F89342.html

Here is the file, the "this thread sucks".

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?2,file=7140,filename=thread_20sucks.jpg

I will let someone else notify the site owner, but someone should probably let them know. Google will actually ban this site from searches, and Norton already gives it a warning and banned site status. They should probably fix it before they get blacklisted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 19, 2009 05:46PM

<<

here is the file without the link.

Date: May 19, 2009 05:47PM

http:...//www.....fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?2,file=7140,filename=thread_20sucks.jpg....

Try that again.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: May 19, 2009 11:14PM

Trebor Snika Virus Spreader? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http:...//www.....fairfaxunderground.com/forum/fil
> e.php?2,file=7140,filename=thread_20sucks.jpg....
>
> Try that again.

Go FUCK YOURSELF TS and Burn in Hell

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: May 20, 2009 01:15AM

WONKY SNARKY I LOVE MAH TEXTERS SHAKE YOUR BOOBS

Date: May 20, 2009 07:38AM

Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> WONKY SNARKY I LOVE MAH TEXTERS SHAKE YOUR BOOBS

The question is, when Mike is out on his fat ass and is standing on a street corner in Manassas, will he carry a sign saying, "Will Shake Boobs for Money?"

And will Rob(b) walk by and say, "Who are you?" while refusing to make eye contact?

Date: May 20, 2009 10:01AM

Just a little bit from Dons Twit. Previously said he was in San Fran for business?

NEW BLOG: Sports from San Francsico
Howdy from San Francisco, California! You'll be glad to know that while out here I found time to go to:
The Apple store. Because I just can't find enough Mac crap. :)
It is awesome, and so is SF!
Might be a nice town to work in someday. IS that a hint?

ESPN has canned (oh yeah, he quit) Tony Kornheiser from ESPN's Monday Night Football and replaced him with Jon Gruden.

Bad move by ESPN. Tony is a brilliant writer and broadcaster. He is not Dennis Miller, Alex Karras, OJ Simpson (HEY NOW wife killer) or anyone else that's been in the MNF booth trying to recreate the Cosell era.

Mr. Tony worked hard at the game broadcasts, and it showed. He dared to ask questions a novice might ask. And he was funnee. Not so much that he took away from the game.

But apparently enough that ESPN went in a more jock-ular fashion, signing the former coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs to replace him.

I Twittered it when it happened, and I'll repeat it here. Tony is a major talent, and if some radio station in DC doesn't scoop him up for mornings...

...I'd love to work at a radio station with him in the lineup in 2010!

RACK ME. Jim Shorts on Sports. OUT.

Stay Safe!
d.
May 20, 2008
5am PST from San Francisco, Ca

Read more: http://dongeronimo.posterous.com/new-blog-sports-from-san-francsico#ixzz0G3SbzTJz&B

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: May 20, 2009 10:22AM

Does anyone in the target audience for TMOS actually still find Mike in the "Charlie" character/voice funny? Seems like this would play ok for kids ages 3-7.....

Posted by: Doyle Lonnegan ()
Date: May 20, 2009 10:39AM

The Charlie Stoobangstabilldouchebag character is actually a frightening mixture of Mike's neuroses and what he perceives as humor. The only time this character was even remotely funny was when Don would pick him apart and abuse him on air. Now it is truly painful to the point that you are praying for it to stop. This is the Pennywise the clown of all of Mike's inventions/impersonations.

Can't you picture Mike pulling a Gacy and dressing up like a clown holding a big bunch of balloons and chasing little kids around a schoolyard while screaming in his "Charlie" voice: "Ohh yes... They Float Georgie... They Float... and when your down here, with me... YOU FLOAT TOO!"

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 20, 2009 11:07AM

Rahrah Wrote:
>>>"Charlie" character/voice funny?

When I listened to D&M, nothing made me change the dial faster than "Charlie Stuang Stabalak". It was downright stupid and annoying. Like shit dumb housewives would think was funny.

I'm sorta dumbfounded that Mike's still doing that- I guess he hasn't realized how lame it is.

Posted by: Biff ()
Date: May 20, 2009 11:14AM

Been reading Don's new blogs.... wow, almost as dull as the MOM Show...

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 20, 2009 11:59AM

I thought charlie was hilarious back in the day, like 88 or so, but I also was into stuff like that dumb Dinosaurs show on ABC, so....

Posted by: YA# ()
Date: May 20, 2009 12:05PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I thought charlie was hilarious back in the day,
> like 88 or so, but I also was into stuff like that
> dumb Dinosaurs show on ABC, so....

Lmao. I am pretty sure the only people that got a kick out of Charlie had to be underage.

Date: May 20, 2009 12:07PM

It's as funny as ALF...

Date: May 20, 2009 12:08PM

And Tom Gavin loved Charlie, but he was emotionally and mentally retarded. So adults can be into it, but the adults have to be retards.

Posted by: YA@! ()
Date: May 20, 2009 12:25PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> And Tom Gavin loved Charlie, but he was
> emotionally and mentally retarded. So adults can
> be into it, but the adults have to be retards.

Tom Gavin....
Attachments:
dinosaurs34-2.jpg

Posted by: Judge Crater ()
Date: May 20, 2009 04:34PM

oh wow I actually listened to the show today. Mike is pining about Carla and saying he has trepidations about internet dating. YIKES! MOM internet dating? Scary. How old was carla? think he can hook up with some other underage gold digger quicker online?

Date: May 20, 2009 04:42PM

Judge Crater Wrote:
> Mike
> is pining about Carla and saying he has
> trepidations about internet dating. YIKES! MOM
> internet dating?

2459422677_09f05a0bab.jpg

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: May 20, 2009 05:45PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> Judge Crater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mike
> > is pining about Carla and saying he has
> > trepidations about internet dating. YIKES!
> MOM
> > internet dating?
>
>
Lmao. The very definition of WTF!!

Posted by: Skooly D ()
Date: May 20, 2009 06:38PM

fUck each and every one of you assholes in this thread. especially u Washingtone Locian and MC Smack. I hope you both get ass cancer.

Date: May 20, 2009 07:23PM

Hmm

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 10:14PM by mcsmack.

Date: May 20, 2009 10:13PM

Skooly D Wrote:
> fUck each and every one of you assholes in this
> thread. especially u Washingtone Locian and MC
> Smack. I hope you both get ass cancer.

The only cancer WashingTone Locian and I are going to have to deal with is your posts on this thread. Keep them coming though you insipid pile of dog shit. Every one of your , intellectually vapid comments are bereft of any mental acuity whatsoever. You can be proud of the fact though, that you are the lowest common denominator in the MOM supporting human trash category that posts on this thread.

And what happened to your fuck buddy double down? What did you do to him you sick bastard?!! Caio

Posted by: Mike O'Meara's Ass ()
Date: May 20, 2009 11:16PM

Skooly D Wrote:

Seriously, look at my owner. Odds are he will die of ass cancer before anyone else will. Guess when the last time was he ate a vegetable that wasn't breaded and deep-fried? Let's just say, it was while he was still married to his last wife...about a year or so before that divorce. The guy drinks like a fish, smokes, and sits on me all day. No wonder I'm repugnant. Here is a photo of me...

3354559521_5d6a392471.jpg?v=0

No wonder Carla left when Mike asked her to tongue me.

Date: May 20, 2009 11:59PM

skoobydumb wrote:
>fUck each and every one of you assholes in this thread. especially u Washingtone Locian and MC Smack. I hope you both get ass cancer.<

Unbelievable. This has to be one of the douchebags from the show. Has anyone else wished certain death on MOM or his sycophants in this thread? Now, I am guessing this is Robb or possibly Mike when he has been drinking (aka Mike) because that pinko Buzz doesn't have the balls.

Guys, you have killed the drive home. When Don was there I had something to listen to when I left work. You want me to change the channel? To what? Doo Doo time SPECTACULAR? I want a few laughs on the way home not another channel with BS music from years past. I am your demo. I have the money your advertisers are targeting. You are not keeping me listening. You are not getting the job done. What I don't get is why you can't save it. Why you can't examine what worked before and replicate it with what you have got? No, I can't do your job myself but that is not my line of work.

Mike, seriously - the highlight of your show is "Burp guy" from the audio vault? Tell Robb's dad to find something better to do with his retirement. Go get every single comedian who is headlining the Improv and make it part of your show to have them on. Let them Carson your McMahon for the day. It will be like old times and might keep you employed for another case or two.

Posted by: Katy from Annandale ()
Date: May 21, 2009 08:32AM

Skooly D Wrote:

What's your connection to the show? As Rob(b) would say: Who are you? Idiots like you really make this site entertaining.

Date: May 21, 2009 09:36AM

I think these guys are coming to the realization that their show is toast. They threw their best punch with the "child exploitation" series in April and the ratings barely budged. I really think CBS gave Hughes and Company an ultimatum - something like three months to get the numbers up or they are out on their ears. Mike has failed and is now just filling up the clock with as much Audio Vault crap as he can get away with.

As for The Junkies, they are becoming more pathetic with time. There's nothing un-sexier than a 40-something woman dressing like she is a teenager and there's nothing un-funnier than a bunch of doughy, 40-something suburban dads trying to act like they are still in the frat house. I think it is boring as shit to hear my neighbors revisit their college escapades with former room-mates at the occasional weekend barbecue. Why the fuck would I want to listen to that everyday on the radio?

Posted by: Predator Obama ()
Date: May 21, 2009 10:41AM

MOM on yesterdays show "I HAVE TO FILLET MYSELF IN ORDER TO GET RATINGS."

LMAO! HE KNOWS he is tanking and is desperate!

Date: May 21, 2009 10:44AM

Predator Obama Wrote:
> MOM on yesterdays show "I HAVE TO FILLET MYSELF
> IN ORDER TO GET RATINGS."
>
>
> LMAO! HE KNOWS he is tanking and is desperate!

If that's his mindset, no wonder he is flopping. Why the hell is he doing this kind of radio if he can't stand talking about his failures in life? Go play records on some oldies station, if you don't like it.

Date: May 21, 2009 10:58AM

> I think these guys are coming to the realization
> that their show is toast. They threw their best
> punch with the "child exploitation" series in
> April and the ratings barely budged. I really
> think CBS gave Hughes and Company an ultimatum -
> something like three months to get the numbers up
> or they are out on their ears. Mike has failed and
> is now just filling up the clock with as much
> Audio Vault crap as he can get away with.

Their child exploitation series was the equivalent of the desperate haymaker thrown as a fighter is in the late stages of a match and is losing on all cards. Why else would you drag your kid into the public eye like that? Now that the punch missed, the MOM show is off balance, unguarded and getting pummeled (no ratings, lack of advertising, no guests, phoning it in with crappy Audio Vault bullshit). Hopefully CBS ends it soon.

>
> As for The Junkies, they are becoming more
> pathetic with time. There's nothing un-sexier than
> a 40-something woman dressing like she is a
> teenager and there's nothing un-funnier than a
> bunch of doughy, 40-something suburban dads trying
> to act like they are still in the frat house. I
> think it is boring as shit to hear my neighbors
> revisit their college escapades with former
> room-mates at the occasional weekend barbecue. Why
> the fuck would I want to listen to that everyday
> on the radio?

If you can even understand what they're saying between all of that "ricky, donkey, joaning, poo-poo, silly" banter.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: May 21, 2009 11:37AM

> As for The Junkies, they are becoming more
> pathetic with time. There's nothing un-sexier
than
> a 40-something woman dressing like she is a
> teenager and there's nothing un-funnier than a
> bunch of doughy, 40-something suburban dads
> trying
> to act like they are still in the frat house. I
> think it is boring as shit to hear my neighbors
> revisit their college escapades with former
> room-mates at the occasional weekend barbecue.
> Why
> the fuck would I want to listen to that
> everyday on the radio?

Water seeks it's own level, the Junks are what? Four places ahead of MOM in the ratings - 16/17 Junks, 20/21 MOM? Here's a good post on the Junks from the DCRTV message board:

If the Junkies are pulling in anything close to $300,000 each every year, it goes a lonnnnnng way towards explaining CBS's problems. They don't bring in nearly enough revenue to warrant that kind of money. They just don't pull good numbers, and they never really have. If the above salary info is true, they need to have their paychecks cut by 70-75% and be pushed back to PM drivetime -- or overnights-- where they belong. If they don't like it, fire them. There is simply nothing going on with them that couldn't be replicated or improved upon by dozens of other jocks who would all do it for FAR less than the combined salaries of the Junks. But a word of caution, since this all seems to be based on what some WJFK jocks have said on air: if you believe everything you hear on the radio, your problem is even worse than CBS's. (5/20/09)

Date: May 21, 2009 01:56PM

Warhawk Wrote:

>
>
> If you can even understand what they're saying
> between all of that "ricky, donkey, joaning,
> poo-poo, silly" banter.

I have a feeling that Michael Hughes doesn't understand this shit, either, but thinks it must be "cool" and "something the kids get" because he doesn't understand it. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize this is some sort of Olney-only Fuckhead Speak that 10 people "get." Kind of like "Twin Speak" for white, suburban retards.

Date: May 21, 2009 02:05PM

> I have a feeling that Michael Hughes doesn't
> understand this shit, either, but thinks it must
> be "cool" and "something the kids get" because he
> doesn't understand it. Unfortunately, he doesn't
> realize this is some sort of Olney-only Fuckhead
> Speak that 10 people "get." Kind of like "Twin
> Speak" for white, suburban retards.

I'm thinking resident JFK shit-for-brains Michael Hughes also signed the Junks to an idiotically long contract which explains in part the fact that those "zippy"-talents phone in a pretty limp dicked effort each day.

Date: May 21, 2009 02:08PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> They just don't pull good numbers,
> and they never really have.

This is the real dilemma. How the fuck did Michael Hughes sign these guys to any kind of "big money contract" given their track record? They failed in morning drive at WHFS. They had sucky midday numbers at WJFK. They had ZERO track record of success in drive-time. ZERO.

Usually, a GM will bring in talent that has success in a smaller market. For instance Kane on 99.5 was brought in from a successful run in Tampa. Howard Stern had success in Connecticut and Michigan before he was brought in by DC101. No one who knows shit about radio should have signed The Junkies to any kind of six-figure (each) deal based on their track record. If Hughes wanted them, he should have given them a contract with a performance bonus that kicked in when they demonstrated they could draw listeners. Instead, Hughes is pissing away revenue on four marginal hacks.

Date: May 21, 2009 02:11PM

The Portable People Meter radio ratings April "book" for DC, age 12+, full week: 1) WTOP [1st in both drivetimes], 2) WHUR [Harvey 3rd], 3) WAMU, 4) WASH [Loriloo 8th], 5) WRQX [Diamond 4th] and WIHT [Kane 5th], 7) WBIG, 8) WETA-FM, 9) WWDC [Elliot 9th] and WGTS, 11) WMMJ [Joyner 7th], 12) WKYS [Parr 13th], 13) WMZQ, 14) WPRS, 15) WPGC [Simpson 13th], 16) WMAL [G&A 13th, Rush 9th, Hannity 16th], 17) WLZL, 18) WTGB, 19) WJZW [Imus 23rd] and WTEM, 21) WJFK [Junks 18th, O'Meara 20th], 22) WFRE, 23) WAVA, 24) WPFW. More: 32) WACA and WTNT and WMET and WFED.....

Time to fill out the necessary paperwork, Mr. Hughes.

Date: May 21, 2009 02:18PM

> Speak that 10 people "get."

I'll bet Trebor Snika understands their code-speak

Posted by: Martha S. ()
Date: May 21, 2009 03:54PM

> The Portable People Meter radio ratings April
> "book" for DC, age 12+, full week: 1) WTOP [1st in
> both drivetimes], 2) WHUR , 3) WAMU, 4) WASH , 5)
> WRQX and WIHT , 7) WBIG, 8) WETA-FM, 9) WWDC and
> WGTS, 11) WMMJ , 12) WKYS , 13) WMZQ, 14) WPRS,
> 15) WPGC , 16) WMAL , 17) WLZL, 18) WTGB, 19) WJZW
> and WTEM, 21) WJFK , 22) WFRE, 23) WAVA, 24)
> WPFW. More: 32) WACA and WTNT and WMET and
> WFED.....
>
>
> Time to fill out the necessary paperwork, Mr.
> Hughes.

CBS needs to fill out the necessary paperwork on Mr. Hughes himself. Isn't he the same guy who screwed up WHFS and turned it Latin? When you think about it - it should be Michael Hughes' boss who needs to get shit canned.

Date: May 21, 2009 04:08PM

The Junks get so annoying that I have to switch away from them at least 4 out of 5 days of my commute. JP has man-love for himself and his Jimmy Fallon segues are pathetic at best. Somehow Cakes doesn't bother me but he does dive into the Junks douchespeak too often. Lurch comes across as someone who is one bad gambling weekend or PI photograph away from "donking himself off". Then there is EB...

Whenever Bickel gets excited and raises his voice I want to punch myself repeatedly in the yam bag and slam my truck into the next Prius I see.

Posted by: Lauren ()
Date: May 21, 2009 04:10PM

> Warhawk Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > If you can even understand what they're saying
> > between all of that "ricky, donkey, joaning,
> > poo-poo, silly" banter.
>
>
> Speak that 10 people "get." Kind of like "Twin
> Speak" for white, suburban retards.

I don't know about everyone else but I can never figure out what the Junkies are saying because the Junkies ALL SPEAK AT THE SAME TIME. I have tried to listen to them many times and have never liked them - even though I think they are more interesting now since they changed from the Sports Junkies to just the Junkies. I think their content is better because at least they talk about more subjects than just Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Football.

The frustration is that when the Junkies get onto any type of interesting subject - one of the other guys cuts him off, talks louder, and doesn't let them finish. Their pace gets to the point where I have to switch the channel.

I'm trying to understand the DCRTV. Here's a question - how does Jack Diamond have better ratings against the stronger competition during morning drive time than Mike O'Meara, who has no competition in the afternoons. What does that say about Mike's show? Where can I find ratings of just the morning shows or just the afternoon shows to know who is winning their time slots?

Also, I have met Mike O'Meara and he is the biggest asshole ever (my apologies to Skooly D)

Date: May 21, 2009 04:19PM

Lauren Wrote:

>
>
> I don't know about everyone else but I can never
> figure out what the Junkies are saying because the
> Junkies ALL SPEAK AT THE SAME TIME.

It's called a lack of professional experience. You don't hear Stern doing that crap.

>
> The frustration is that when the Junkies get onto
> any type of interesting subject - one of the other
> guys cuts him off, talks louder, and doesn't let
> them finish. Their pace gets to the point where I
> have to switch the channel.

It's pretty damn rare that they say anything interesting. I especially wince when they start trying to discuss history or current events, because they obviously know little about which they speak and come up with some painful mistakes. I'm not talking ideology. I'm talking about them saying stupid things like, "Secretary of Defense Hillary Clinton" or "Senator Jim Moran." That kind of stupid shit.

>
> I'm trying to understand the DCRTV. Here's a
> question - how does Jack Diamond have better
> ratings against the stronger competition during
> morning drive time than Mike O'Meara, who has no
> competition in the afternoons. What does that say
> about Mike's show? Where can I find ratings of
> just the morning shows or just the afternoon shows
> to know who is winning their time slots?
>

You have to pay for that kind of information. You are lucky DCRTV can post any of it, given how protective Arbitron is of its data. But you are right. In the afternoon drive, Mike is going up against mostly music formats with little talk. He should be clocking in higher than The Junkies, not lower. As it is, the only stations Mike is beating are ones that either aren't really DC-metro stations (Baltimore or Richmond), or stations that survive on donations, not advertising (Christian Talk WAVA and Communist Pacifica Talk Radio). The guy has college station-level ratings. How they secure any advertising is beyond me.

> Also, I have met Mike O'Meara and he is the
> biggest asshole ever (my apologies to Skooly D)

I don't doubt that at all.

Posted by: r ()
Date: May 21, 2009 06:56PM

Remember that, despite all of Don's bluster on the air, it was Mike's diva-like personality that finally prompted call screener Joe to abruptly quit one day saying he "couldn't work with O'Meara." He basically called him out on his asshole-ness -- "as many faults as California" -- while Mike sat there with rage bubbling underneath, pretending to be the good guy.
Attachments:
4210244.jpg

Posted by: Mike's Fat ()
Date: May 21, 2009 07:10PM

I'd like to hear a copy of that! I bet that was good radio. (seriously if you have that online somewhere post it online!)

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 12:00PM

All the english speaking DC radio stations suck. The only decent station we get here broadcast from Baltimore, and its dodgy at best. It seems as though they try to please everybody, effectivly pleasing nobody. For example, half of DC 101's rotation is 15years old. I know there is fresh new rock out there, GO FIND IT. Stop playing Smashing Pumpkins, Greenday, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Sublime, lets move on.

Posted by: Radio Historian ()
Date: May 22, 2009 12:21PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> All the english speaking DC radio stations suck.
> The only decent station we get here broadcast from
> Baltimore, and its dodgy at best. It seems as
> though they try to please everybody, effectivly
> pleasing nobody. For example, half of DC 101's
> rotation is 15years old. I know there is fresh
> new rock out there, GO FIND IT. Stop playing
> Smashing Pumpkins, Greenday, Soundgarden, Nirvana,
> Sublime, lets move on.

This is the way radio has always worked. The Top 40 originated from the Top 40 records played on Juke Boxes. Commercial radio didn't come up with that, they followed.

Then, with Rock & Roll, it was the black stations that started playing it while mainstream stations ignored "negro music." Then FM radio was a "no man's land" in the 60s and 70s, and originated to AOR format. Then, in the 80s, college stations took the lead, discovering Alternative Rock and Grunge. Then in the 90s it was commercials that re-invigorated Techno and now it is going to be Internet radio, podcasting, YouTube and other social and peer networks that discover groundbreaking music. Commercial radio will continue to follow, but, with the Internet, into obscurity.

Date: May 22, 2009 12:23PM

Whats the OAR format?

Date: May 22, 2009 12:36PM

It's misspelled... AOR format.

Album-oriented rock.. stuff like led zeppelin, bands that made songs for albums instead of making albums to put out singles.

Date: May 22, 2009 01:24PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> It's misspelled... AOR format.
>
> Album-oriented rock.. stuff like led zeppelin,
> bands that made songs for albums instead of making
> albums to put out singles.

Back when you could make money making music and the music was good. Not this teeny bopper emo pop-rock bullshit.

Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: May 22, 2009 01:41PM

Several times during the last couple of weeks I have turned the MOM show on. Every time there was a commercial. This was at different times during the afternoon too. Every fucking time. What a fucked-up piece of unlistenable shit the MOM show. The mystery is how they sell any advertising time on that abortion of a show.

Date: May 22, 2009 02:18PM

Since it's Memorial Day weekend and rush hour is gonna suck ass, i will listen to the MOM show for my entire drive (which should take 2 fucking hours in DC's traffic hell). I wonder...will my drive seem shorter due to unbridled entertainment or will it seem like the Bataan death march?

Posted by: MOMorial Day Show ()
Date: May 22, 2009 02:25PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> Since it's Memorial Day weekend and rush hour is
> gonna suck ass, i will listen to the MOM show for
> my entire drive (which should take 2 fucking hours
> in DC's traffic hell). I wonder...will my drive
> seem shorter due to unbridled entertainment or
> will it seem like the Bataan death march?

Is Mike actually going to be on the air today? I figured he would just play a "best of" of his miserable shit show. Why cut into quality boozing time?

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 22, 2009 02:36PM

MOMorial Day Show Wrote:
> Warhawk Wrote:
> -----
> > Since it's Memorial Day weekend and rush hour
> is
> > gonna suck ass, i will listen to the MOM show
> for
> > my entire drive (which should take 2 fucking
> hours
> > in DC's traffic hell). I wonder...will my
> drive
> > seem shorter due to unbridled entertainment or
> > will it seem like the Bataan death march?
>
> Is Mike actually going to be on the air today? I
> figured he would just play a "best of" of his
> miserable shit show. Why cut into quality boozing
> time?

He's having his biker rally-thing. I didn't generally like remotes on the old show, this is going to be just awful.

Date: May 22, 2009 02:46PM

As much as i hate to say it, try Synders ESPN radio station. Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban are actually entertaining for the majority of thier show. The only thing that gets annoying, and this shouldn't surprise you, are the zillion of commericials the station runs every 10min. Thats where i have reluctantly switched to until MOM gets the boot.

Posted by: VistaVille ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:17PM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
> As much as i hate to say it, try Synders ESPN
> radio station. Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban are
> actually entertaining for the majority of thier
> show. The only thing that gets annoying, and this
> shouldn't surprise you, are the zillion of
> commericials the station runs every 10min. Thats
> where i have reluctantly switched to until MOM
> gets the boot.

Pollin and Czaban are good as long as it isn't anywhere near football season. Then, the whole station is a 24/7 Redskins infomercial. It is really awful.

Date: May 22, 2009 07:59PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:

>
> He's having his biker rally-thing. I didn't
> generally like remotes on the old show, this is
> going to be just awful.

Here's Mike leaving the event...

Date: May 22, 2009 09:06PM

Anything sports in this area is going to be Redskins centric during football season. Thats more of a by product of DC being a football town. Czab is still very critical of the skins organization. If anything ripping on the skinz sells better then praise. The best jokes are when the team is a joke.

Date: May 23, 2009 08:46AM

So I listened to the show from 3:05pm to 4:10pm yesterday. What a wreck. The first segment they were talking about Mike's daughter's play and how during the play some other actor put his arm around her. The second segment was all over the place from the CBS indecency quiz, to some Buzz Babe's favorite drink (Mike about busted a nut when she said Jack on the Rocks). The 3rd segment was Buzz's news with focus on the shuttle/astronauts. At 4pm they interviewed Rob Cantrell - I didn't hear who he was, but it was nothing special.

First, Beth Ann is always, and I mean always, chiming in but adds nothing. Why is she on the air? Go sell some carpet, bitch! Second, Both Rob(b) and Buzz always are dropping in fake laughs and typical "yes man" comments. There was a lot of Buzz/BA/Rob(b) talking over Mike as they dropped in their inane comments. Third, nothing Mike or any of them said was 1. funny or 2. interesting. It was just mindless, pointless banter.

Only two instances caught my interest for a second and both of them were when Mike dropped his jolly fat man facade. In both instances, whoever Mike was talking to wasn't listening or whatever and Mike got a real dickhead voice and said "Now, HOLD ON" and "Wait, LISTEN to me". It really was the true MOM shining through for a brief second. You can tell the guy is a real pompous ass.

I'm glad that hour of my life is over.

Date: May 23, 2009 03:23PM

Washingtone Locian and Mc Smack feed each other cockmeat sandwiches

Posted by: t ()
Date: May 24, 2009 12:08AM

Burn! Will WTL and MS ever recover from such a blistering assault?

Posted by: Fist-2-Cuff ()
Date: May 24, 2009 08:51AM

fisting.jpgBuzzWebsite.jpg

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 25, 2009 12:51AM

Looks like Friday's "Hogfest 09" drew a crowd of, literally, people.

Motorcycles and hockey -- that'll pump up those PPMs!
Attachments:
4425232.JPG

Date: May 25, 2009 11:07AM

R Wrote:
> Looks like Friday's "Hogfest 09" drew a crowd of,
> literally, people.
>
> Motorcycles and hockey -- that'll pump up those
> PPMs!

Every time I listened to Mike at one of his remotes the distortion from too much gain on his mic or where ever made it extra nerve racking to listen to. You can hear it every time they leave the studio. He gives people crap for bad quality cell phone calls all the time then turns around and does an entire show sounding like he's swallowed his mic.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:07PM

MC Smack I wish your mother had aborted you.

Date: May 25, 2009 04:24PM

Skooly D Wrote:
> MC Smack I wish your mother had aborted you.

Happy Memorial Day Skooly. I'll Bet you 20 to 1 next year this time the MOM Show will be but a memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 04:25PM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Fist-2-Cuff ()
Date: May 25, 2009 05:56PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> R Wrote:
> -----
> > Looks like Friday's "Hogfest 09" drew a crowd
> of,
> > literally, people.
> >
> > Motorcycles and hockey -- that'll pump up those
> > PPMs!
>
> Every time I listened to Mike at one of his
> remotes the distortion from too much gain on his
> mic or where ever made it extra nerve racking to
> listen to. You can hear it every time they leave
> the studio. He gives people crap for bad quality
> cell phone calls all the time then turns around
> and does an entire show sounding like he's
> swallowed his mic.

The best part was when a texter wrote in and told Mike that he sounded like he was speaking from the bottom of a tin can. Mike was all, "I hope for engineering that's not the case."

Hey, fatty. Only Diva-like talents with RATINGS can make threats and get away with it.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 25, 2009 06:33PM

Still loving the fact that a Google search for 'Mike O'Meara Show' returns this thread as the first hit rather than the official show website.

Posted by: Predator Obama ()
Date: May 25, 2009 07:16PM

what O'meara should do is just let the others play their favourite music and shut up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 07:18PM by Predator Obama.

Posted by: joeg ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:15PM

don was a radio genius. mike was a silly sidecar with a loose wheel.

mike's show is pathetic.

buzz, mike, bethann, robb, good luck in your new careers.

Date: May 26, 2009 12:31AM

All of y'all can fuck off.

Beth knows who WashinTone Locian is... some fuckin local loser... A notorious anti-semite who disses Dan Snyder & Mr. Lerner.

Swastika on the back of his head, no doubt.

Know nothing?

Woulda been, back in the day. Nowadays he's just: nothing.

A compleat unknown.

With no direction home.

Like a rolling... piece of (anti-semitic, Jew-hating) shit.

Now me, I'm a gentile, but I told him to fuck off in a bar once, when he was slobbering fan-love on me. He had a problem with that. Just couldn't handle it, QED every post on this thread.

Get a life, Toney-boy.

Cause you obviously don't have one now.

Move on, dipshit.

Date: May 26, 2009 09:34AM

Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> All of y'all can fuck off.
>
> Beth knows who WashinTone Locian is... some fuckin
> local loser... A notorious anti-semite who disses
> Dan Snyder & Mr. Lerner.
>
> Swastika on the back of his head, no doubt.
>
> Know nothing?
>
> Woulda been, back in the day. Nowadays he's just:
> nothing.
>
> A compleat unknown.
>
> With no direction home.
>
> Like a rolling... piece of (anti-semitic,
> Jew-hating) shit.
>
> Now me, I'm a gentile, but I told him to fuck off
> in a bar once, when he was slobbering fan-love on
> me. He had a problem with that. Just couldn't
> handle it, QED every post on this thread.
>
> Get a life, Toney-boy.
>
> Cause you obviously don't have one now.
>
> Move on, dipshit.Blah Blah Blah I'm a drunk, fat, stupid,lonely DJ woulda,coulda, shoulda,broke limp dicked loser.......... Anyone have Skooly's number?

Date: May 26, 2009 10:01AM

Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> All of y'all can fuck off.
>
> Beth knows who WashinTone Locian is... some fuckin
> local loser... A notorious anti-semite who disses
> Dan Snyder & Mr. Lerner.
>
> Swastika on the back of his head, no doubt.
>

First, maybe Beth Ann should spend more time trying to book guests that are worth a shit and less time trying to battle people on these message boards (which she does).

Second, you must also think that Sports Illustrated is anti-Semitic since they named Snyder and Lerner among the 10 worst owners in sports. Just because I think Snyder and Lerner are jokes as owners doesn't make me anti-Semitic. I also think Jerry Jones and Peter Angelos suck. Does that make me anti-Protestant and anti-Catholic as well?

Date: May 26, 2009 08:13PM

> Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> -----
> > All of y'all can fuck off.
> >
> > Beth knows who WashinTone Locian is... some
> fuckin
> > local loser... A notorious anti-semite who
> disses
> > Dan Snyder & Mr. Lerner.
> >
> > Swastika on the back of his head, no doubt.
> >

>
>
> First, maybe Beth Ann should spend more time
> trying to book guests that are worth a shit and
> less time trying to battle people on these message
> boards (which she does).
>
> Second, you must also think that Sports
> Illustrated is anti-Semitic since they named
> Snyder and Lerner among the 10 worst owners in
> sports. Just because I think Snyder and Lerner are
> jokes as owners doesn't make me anti-Semitic. I
> also think Jerry Jones and Peter Angelos suck.
> Does that make me anti-Protestant and
> anti-Catholic as well?

Yes Tone, when the intellectual depth of the posters gene pool is only 1 inch deep these are the shallow conclusions we end up dealing with. Whether or not this ass wipe is actually Mike or not it may as well be.And personally I wouldn't care if Beth Ann new who I was. I only regret that I know who she is.

Date: May 26, 2009 09:59PM

Toney wrote: "Second, you must also think that Sports Illustrated is anti-Semitic since they named Snyder and Lerner among the 10 worst owners in sports."

There's a difference between a (lower-case 'c') catholic list that includes some Jews, and singling out Jews for criticism, as you do on a regular basis.

Or equating Israel with Nazi Germany, as you did here: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/145216/page-2.html

Or mocking Jewish facial features, as here: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?40,141346,141346,quote=1

Quote:

MrMephisto Wrote: "There's just something wrong about her face."

Toney replied: "It's called being a Jew."

end quote.

But it's all good, Toney.

After all, anti-semitism is the new black!

Date: May 26, 2009 10:49PM

Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> Toney wrote: "Second, you must also think that
> Sports Illustrated is anti-Semitic since they
> named Snyder and Lerner among the 10 worst owners
> in sports."
>
> There's a difference between a (lower-case 'c')
> catholic list that includes some Jews, and
> singling out Jews for criticism, as you do on a
> regular basis.
>
> Or equating Israel with Nazi Germany, as you did
> here:
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/145
> 216/page-2.html
>
> Or mocking Jewish facial features, as here:
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?4
> 0,141346,141346,quote=1
>
> Quote:
>
> MrMephisto Wrote: "There's just something wrong
> about her face."
>
> Toney replied: "It's called being a Jew."
>
> end quote.
>
> But it's all good, Toney.
>
> After all, anti-semitism is the new black!

Here is his statement dumb shit. Learn how to copy and paste. Especially if your accusing someone of being racist or anti-semitic.

Tone:

"I'm no fan of Hamas or Hezbollah, but the way Israel takes it out on the Palestinian populace only rallies average Palestinians to these thugs. Do you think German people would have supported the Nazis if things hadn't been so dire in Germany following WWI? The German people felt victimized by France and England following the war because of the reparations.

Israel is making the same mistake as the French and British did. They are creating a dire economic and security situation in Gaza that only strengthens Hamas."

This is a valid point. And there is a more telling point to be made in that the Saudis, Jordanians or any other Arab state wants nothing of the Palestinians either. And there is no valid interpretation in Tones quote here that could be logically construed as being anti-semitic. Its only a comparison in human response to suppression at two different points in history.

Its called L O G I C!! Why don't you read Immanuel Kant in some of your spare time instead of whoring and drinking all the time you lazy bastard.

I'll bet Cartman on South Park really sets you off too!

And by the way I'm a supporter of Israel to the point of believing if the USA ever turns our back on her, were done............

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 11:19PM by mcsmack.

Date: May 26, 2009 11:21PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> Mike O'Meara Wrote:

> > Quote:
> >
> > MrMephisto Wrote: "There's just something wrong
> > about her face."
> >
> > Toney replied: "It's called being a Jew."
> >
> > end quote.
> >
> > But it's all good, Toney.
> >
> > After all, anti-semitism is the new black!
>
> Here is his statement dumb shit. Learn how to copy
> and paste. Especially if your accusing someone of
> being racist or anti-semitic.
>
> Tone:
>
> "I'm no fan of Hamas or Hezbollah, but the way
> Israel takes it out on the Palestinian populace
> only rallies average Palestinians to these thugs.
> Do you think German people would have supported
> the Nazis if things hadn't been so dire in Germany
> following WWI? The German people felt victimized
> by France and England following the war because of
> the reparations.
>
> Israel is making the same mistake as the French
> and British did. They are creating a dire economic
> and security situation in Gaza that only
> strengthens Hamas."
>
> This is a valid point. And there is a more telling
> point to be made in that the Saudis, Jordanians or
> any other Arab state wants nothing of the
> Palestinians either. And there is no valid
> interpretation in Tones quote here that could be
> logically construed as being anti-semitic. Its
> only a comparison in human response to suppression
> at two different points in history.
>
> Its called L O G I C!! Why don't you read Immanuel
> Kant in some of your spare time instead of whoring
> and drinking you lazy bastard.
>
> I bet Cartman on South Park sets you off too!
>
> And by the way I'm a supporter of Israel to the
> point of believing if the USA ever turns our back
> on her, were done............

Thanks, mcsmack. While I certainly have been critical of Israel...and the Palestinians as well...I don't go around comparing Israel to Nazi Germany. In fact, I compared Israel to England and France.

As for my remarks about Amy Winehouse's facial features, that was a joke (tasteless, I will admit), made in the context of this remark, which you conveniently overlooked...

Re: Amy Gets Healthy, Naked on Vacation
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: December 22, 2008 10:35PM

John Lennon said there is a thin line between genius and madness. I think she is a musical genius who has crossed that line. I wouldn't be shocked at all if she ended up like Janis Joplin or Kurt Cobain.

I was lambasted for calling her a musical genius. I don't think too many anti-semitics go around praising Jews as geniuses.

Date: May 26, 2009 11:33PM

Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> Toney wrote: "Second, you must also think that
> Sports Illustrated is anti-Semitic since they
> named Snyder and Lerner among the 10 worst owners
> in sports."
>
> There's a difference between a (lower-case 'c')
> catholic list that includes some Jews, and
> singling out Jews for criticism, as you do on a
> regular basis.
>
>

FYI - I'm singling out Jews for criticism when they happen to own two of the biggest sports teams in the DC-area...where I LIVE?? Abe Pollin is also a Jew. While I thought he made a mistake getting rid of Eddie Jordan so early last season, I've never called Pollin a bad team owner.

I will also point out the following. Which team is last in the MLB? Also, of the teams in the NFC East, which has gone the longest without making a SuperBowl appearance?

I rest my case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 11:38PM by WashingToneLocian(2).

Date: May 26, 2009 11:40PM

He sure had to reach back a ways to dig up a couple of quotes he could twist out of context. It's kind of hilarious. Does, who ever this guy is, really think people reading this thread were going to go into shock over his amazing revelation and interpretations?

Sure sounds like Mike and his pretentious attitude towards anyone who dares to criticize him. Oh well, 104,000 views and counting

Posted by: WashingToneLocian(3) ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:46PM

WashingTone Locian:
WHy so many?

Date: May 27, 2009 09:14AM

WashingToneLocian(3) Wrote:
> WashingTone Locian:
> WHy so many?

I'm sure you have concocted some nefarious reason in your mind, so I won't bother with the facts.

Date: May 27, 2009 09:33AM

Rob(b) at home...SHAKE YOUR BOOBS!!!

fat-man-shakin-his-belly.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 09:33AM by WashingTone Locian.

Posted by: Jeremy ()
Date: May 27, 2009 10:41AM

mcsmack Wrote:
> He sure had to reach back a ways to dig up a
> couple of quotes he could twist out of context.
> It's kind of hilarious. Does, who ever this guy
> is, really think people reading this thread were
> going to go into shock over his amazing revelation
> and interpretations?

Looks like the thread is really gaining, 104,000 views that's huge over the past month.

Date: May 27, 2009 11:01AM

Jeremy Wrote:
> mcsmack Wrote:
> -----
> > He sure had to reach back a ways to dig up a
> > couple of quotes he could twist out of context.
> > It's kind of hilarious. Does, who ever this guy
> > is, really think people reading this thread
> were
> > going to go into shock over his amazing
> revelation
> > and interpretations?
>
> Looks like the thread is really gaining, 104,000
> views that's huge over the past month.

It's because of the MOM Show Death Watch. I believe you have many people at WJFK and in the industry in general who pop in here each day to see if there is any news on the impending demise of the MOM Show. I would say several hundred people come here each day to check it out. You probably also get a bump in traffic every time a market drops MOM and the former listener(s) try to figure out what is going on.

Date: May 27, 2009 01:31PM

O'Meara's Show jumped to 12th place in early May...

WJFK [Junks 14th, O'Meara 12th],

But as DCRTV points out, it was the lead-in to the Caps playoff games.

Date: May 27, 2009 01:36PM

Wouldnt be sweet if Don came back to do a solo show and he replaced the MOM show? I mean jettisoning ALL of the cast and just have Donni G doing a show.

Date: May 27, 2009 01:45PM

Judge Crater Wrote:
> Wouldnt be sweet if Don came back to do a solo
> show and he replaced the MOM show? I mean
> jettisoning ALL of the cast and just have Donni G
> doing a show.

That would be awesome, if only to really stick it to MOM and those hangers-on.

Date: May 27, 2009 02:02PM

> O'Meara's Show jumped to 12th place in early
> May...
>
> But as DCRTV points out, it was the lead-in to the
> Caps playoff games.

If I were one of Los Junkies, or the Junks super-producer Chris "Boy Wonder" Kinard, I'd be pretty embarrassed by losing to O'Meara on **ANY** level, even if 'ol MOM was the Caps playoff lead-in show.

Ooooops!! I just remembered!! No one on the JFK morning show gives a shit about anything other than a paycheck!!

Date: May 27, 2009 02:04PM

My bad, forgot to post Los Junitos rating:

WJFK [Junks 14th, O'Meara 12th]

Date: May 27, 2009 02:56PM

dapjdj Wrote:
> My bad, forgot to post Los Junitos rating:
>
> WJFK

So what are the odds O'Meara is going to be taking credit for the ratings this week? Then, in a week or two when his show is back at 20th place, you won't hear shit about it.

Date: May 27, 2009 03:08PM

> dapjdj Wrote:
> -----
> > My bad, forgot to post Los Junitos rating:
> >
> > WJFK
>
>
> So what are the odds O'Meara is going to be taking
> credit for the ratings this week? Then, in a week
> or two when his show is back at 20th place, you
> won't hear shit about it.
LOL if only he would own up to that shit like Don would and make fun of low ratings and or get the bowling team back together. Or better yet a MOM dunk tank with his own fat ass. Then again he probably wouldnt be able to resurface when dunked and it would be a drowning tank.

Date: May 27, 2009 03:12PM

>
> So what are the odds O'Meara is going to be taking
> credit for the ratings this week?

Yeah, MOM will get drunk this afternoon/tonight and probably call Carlita, Rob(b) and BA and say: "I don't need any of you - fuck Geronimo - I can get ratings!! Fuck you all!!

Then, as you accurately predit - he won't apologize when the inevitable slide back to 20th place is documented. In fact, it's already started, if you had access to day-to-day PPM's, 'ol MOM is probably back in 18th to 20th place as we speak!

Date: May 27, 2009 03:58PM

dapjdj Wrote:

>
> Yeah, MOM will get drunk this afternoon/tonight
> and probably call Carlita...

MikeO-Meara.pngI'm back Carla!!

lindsay.jpgFuck Off!

MikeO-Meara.png My ratings are up, Carla! I'm back!

lindsay.jpgFuck off! And quit calling me Carla! And quit spreading rumors that you're getting my mystic biscuit!

Posted by: No Buzz = Ratings ()
Date: May 27, 2009 05:27PM

You know why they have ratings? Less Buzz. Give that little Bitch 15 minutes at the end of the show and your ratings will sore even more.

Posted by: You're an Idiot ()
Date: May 27, 2009 09:00PM

Sore even more? Really? Really? The only sore you have is the one on your dick asshole..

Date: May 28, 2009 09:02AM

I'm curious. What kind of crazy bit will Mike come up with to try and cement this incredible ratings windfall? Hopefully he'll revisit that self fillet thing.

Date: May 28, 2009 09:19AM

mcsmack Wrote:
> I'm curious. What kind of crazy bit will Mike come
> up with to try and cement this incredible ratings
> windfall? Hopefully he'll revisit that self fillet
> thing.

It must be 10 in 20, or whatever the name of that fucking game is they play.

Posted by: No Buzz = Ratings ()
Date: May 28, 2009 09:53AM

You're an Idiot Wrote:
> Sore even more? Really? Really? The only sore you
> have is the one on your dick asshole..

Glad you got the joke Buzz. Your are ratings poison and a boar.

Date: May 28, 2009 11:37AM

I give him credit for the ratings increase, it's actually quite an accomplishment considering all the bad pub. Cheers to him.

Posted by: RL ()
Date: May 28, 2009 12:13PM

10% unemployment is the real reason behind the ratings spike. I remember when Don & Mike where number 1 with the "Proud 4%".

Date: May 28, 2009 12:14PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I give him credit for the ratings increase, it's
> actually quite an accomplishment considering all
> the bad pub. Cheers to him.

I'll give him credit when he can maintain it past the Caps post-season. That should be in two cycles.

Posted by: Rahrah ()
Date: May 28, 2009 01:27PM

Im sure more singing contests will boost the ratings.........

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 28, 2009 01:30PM

Rahrah Wrote:
> Im sure more singing contests will boost the
> ratings.........

God I was listening to that a little yesterday and just couldn't stop thinking, "How in the world could you think this is entertaining?"

Posted by: Allison ()
Date: May 28, 2009 03:31PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I give him credit for the ratings increase, it's
> actually quite an accomplishment considering all
> the bad pub. Cheers to him.

Too bad he can't do anymore Capitals pre-game shows this year. As excited as this town was for that one game, it's surprising that his ratings weren't better.

I would say that maybe he should do Nationals pre-game shows but he has as many fans as the Nationals probably do.

Pages: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.