HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...326327328329330331332333334335336...LastNext
Current Page: 331 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Don Failed, Too ()
Date: February 21, 2014 06:01AM

First, don't get me wrong. I'm not an LFF fan and the Failcast is garbage. That said, Don always contended he could do it without Mike. Well, the evidence is in and that's obviously not the case. As much as Don didn't want to share, he probably missed a golden opportunity when he didn't try to engage Mike when he returned to DC on the remainder of his contract. If Don ends up out of radio and podcasting, he really has proven nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Radio Active ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:57AM

I think Don will do extremely well in a more loose, uncensored, environment. If he goes the podcast route, I think it will go gangbusters.

I'll remind everyone that it was Don who first ventured into the podcast arena more than 6 years ago when he was waiting out his contract.

It was Mike O'Meara that bitched to CBS honchos that it wasn't fair that Don was allowed to compete against him with an uncensored podcast. CBS then started putting restrictions on the podcast, including a day delay, and that effectively killed Don's podcast.

I don't see Don getting back with Mike. Mike USE to be GREAT at impressions. He has lost that. All his impressions now sound like Mike with a head cold. Add to that having to babysit him, feed his ego, and his raging, lazy, alcoholic demeanor and it is not worth it.

Mike is officially washed up and his numbers prove it.

Competition is a good thing. I hope Don is doing a podcast. Maybe it will make Mike rethink reading 20 minutes of happy birthdays, Rob's YouTube Audio Vault, and yahoo news as good material.

If Don does go down that path, I can see people leaving the sinking MORE network and going over to work with Don.

Date: February 21, 2014 08:07AM

Just one more lurker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I listed to Don & Mike back in the day, and I
> listen to several postcasts like Buzz, Big O &
> Dukes, and even the JB Postcast, whenever I get a
> chance. But it seems to me that a lot of the
> people that hate him here, deep down just hate
> Mike more for his politics than for anything else.
> People live and let live. I also listen on and off
> to radio shows like Michael Savage who is very
> conservative and watch Jon Stewart who is very
> liberal. I don't agree with all the stuff they
> say, but sometimes they are fun. There is room
> for all. At the end of the day it is just
> entertainment. You don't like it, just change the
> channel, play xbox, read a book, so many things to
> do and so little time, instead of posting
> pictures of his home or insulting Robb's career
> choices. I can't really understand the bitterness,
> life is so short, enjoy whatever good memories you
> might have and move on.
>
> Peace

Peace and love, peace and love. I also listen to a wide range of shows, podcasts and otherwise. I don't give a rip what the host's political stance is (particularly if politics is not the focus of the show) IF the show is entertaining and well-done. The difference is the good ones evidence preparation. It must be obvious to even Mike's superfans that he is lazy. Since we were D&M fans, it kills us to see him phone it in on a regular basis. Since we were/ARE fans, it's also why most of us here just don't stop listening altogether. And yes, TMOS still has its moments. "We get it" (barf), and we care. We want nothing more than TMOS to be a great podcast. Yes, some here are crude, mean, etc. but it just shows how much passion they hold for the D&M days and wish Mike would at least "try harder" to achieve a similar level of accomplishment. (Like Mike, they've become bitter, it seems). But don't over think it, either -- the humor on this site about the show can be very entertaining.

Posted by: OaktonWhineShop ()
Date: February 21, 2014 08:11AM

> But it seems to me that a lot of the

I think Mike, and a subset of his fans, like to think this. But it just ain't true.

Whenever Mike "takes a stand" on his show, it's usually the easiest, most convenient "stand" possible. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't take a lot of courage to be pro-gun control after Newtown, pro-Obama in an election he easily wins, and pro-universal health care when you're uninsured/uninsurable. Not to mention the fact that the most popular comedy podcasts-- Marc Maron, Jay Mohr, etc.-- also skew liberal. In 2014 America, Mike is no political maverick.

People hate it when he *talks* politics, though, because he's no good at it. His viewpoints often sound half-baked and emotionally driven. Not to mention the infamous fucking "We rarely talk politics on this show" disclaimer.

Mike's politics would be a non-issue if he was funny. Or, at the very least, if he wasn't such a thin-skinned hypocrite.

Date: February 21, 2014 08:34AM

Intractable Insobriety Wrote:

> It must be obvious to even
> Mike's superfans that he is lazy. Since we were
> D&M fans, it kills us to see him phone it in on a
> regular basis.

That's the thing-- laziness has always been part of Mike's shtick, even in the D&M days. I, for one, don't begrudge him that. Fine, be a lazy, thin-skinned hypocrite, if that's your shtick.

But if that's your shtick, don't be pissy when you're called out on it and/or pretend to be a "team leader" of any kind.

Posted by: WizoOzz ()
Date: February 21, 2014 08:52AM

>
> Peace

From lurking here as long as I have here, I'd say it's less that there's any real "hatred" here, and more a pointing out of the complete hypocrisy that comes along with TMOS. I've listened to that podcast for years now, and unfortunately I just don't get any enjoyment from it anymore. I don't know what exactly to pinpoint it down to. I enjoy the two ep's of BOAD a week more than the five of TMOS. I've given other podcasts that were somehow related to TMOS in some fashion, and none of them stick with me - if anything it's a one and done. MandL lasted for a few months but it just got to be tedious listening.

TMOS definitely has great audio quality for the most part - which seems to be what Mike pays most attention to. I'd gladly sacrifice a little of the audio quality for a little entertainment quality. *THAT'S* what I download podcasts for.

Posted by: Puzzy Riot ()
Date: February 21, 2014 09:45AM

For those who disagree about the Sacramento shows, we can agree that you're wrong and move on.

Don will not be joining RELM. Ever see the old Star Trek episode "A Piece of the Action"? The Federation can't be associated with a penny ante operation and RELM is a penny ante operation.

Date: February 21, 2014 10:02AM

Having caught up on reading this page, a few followups:

Anyone who thinks Don should ever have gotten back together with Mike thinks they know more about radio than Don. Think about that for a minute. Do you know more about radio than Don? It's a terrible idea.

The talk about people "leaving the MORE network" is hilarious. Fuckwaddle doesn't promote the other shows at all. How many listeners do they have? They might as well not exist. They're doing shows for their friends at this point. I would say Mickey Cochella is they only one who had a chance in podcasting since he was known before he left radio because of some sort of personal crisis but he blew that chance by hitching his star to a fat tub of goo.

Yes, there are still occasional moments of funniness. They are outweighed by the human laugh tracks and the general lack of funniness. Add that to zero show prep including no pre-reading, the "news" the constant use of "a little sumpin sumpin" and "showowo". Could I do better? No. Could I produce the existing show better? Absolutely.

I've given #tmosfail a chance, and am actively wishing for it to fail.

Check out hideoutheretics.net to hear a show done right.

Posted by: O'Maras Demise ()
Date: February 21, 2014 11:17AM

I enjoy reading this thread though I haven't followed Geronimo or O'Mara in a long, long time. So to other posters, just a quick question for me, the uneducated…..

Did Geronimo & O'Mara have any type of spat or falling out over the years (on a small scale or a larger one?)

Appreciate anyone's knowledge on this since I may have missed that soap opera.

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: February 21, 2014 11:31AM

Whoever thinks Don is going to share money with someone like Marc doesn't know Don. There are just too many good podcasts to care anymore. We tried to give them all some good advice. They didn't take it or want it. Fine. I still like to come here to watch the birds pick on the carcass. At least that is a little funny.

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: February 21, 2014 12:08PM

>
> Peace

If life is so short, you shouldn't waste any more of your precious time worrying about what we are doing...just a thought...

Date: February 21, 2014 12:10PM

331...Semper Fat...
Attachments:
Semper Fat....jpg

Posted by: Hi Mike ()
Date: February 21, 2014 01:38PM

During his reads for Legal Zoom, Mike has repeatedly stated that one of the reasons to use them is that the economy is "turning around." Does he know something we don't? He's been saying it for a while now and as far as I can tell the economy is still in the shitter. Does he actually think this is true or is he knowingly telling a lie over and over?

Posted by: George Jones ()
Date: February 21, 2014 01:46PM

I just read some comments from folks thanking Buzz for his time at TMOS and helping them reach 1000 shows. It struck me that O'Meara missed a major opportunity to create some good will all around. He could have called Buzz, RJ, and Marc on the show to thank them for being important parts of the show previously. None of them have ever talked negatively about TMOS (in public at least) and I'm sure each one of them would have welcomed the reach out. What a publicity coup that could have been, probably even getting some respect here. But he BLEW IT, he blew it. His ego and narcissism simply would not allow it. And they call us haters. What an ass!

Posted by: Dr. Deeze ()
Date: February 21, 2014 03:00PM

Don's going to Sirius XM. He will be paid a salary for his Sirius XM show.

He's not going to be wasting his time and effort to do some podcast-amongst-millions-of-podcasts for little money from affiliate buys.

-Insider

Date: February 21, 2014 03:32PM

George Jones Wrote:
> I just read some comments from folks thanking Buzz
> for his time at TMOS and helping them reach 1000
> shows. It struck me that O'Meara missed a major
> opportunity to create some good will all around.
> He could have called Buzz, RJ, and Marc on the
> show to thank them for being important parts of
> the show previously. None of them have ever talked
> negatively about TMOS (in public at least) and I'm
> sure each one of them would have welcomed the
> reach out. What a publicity coup that could have
> been, probably even getting some respect here. But
> he BLEW IT, he blew it. His ego and narcissism
> simply would not allow it. And they call us
> haters. What an ass!

He had a chance to thank the original unpaid engineer RJ for actually setting up the studio. Instead he talked about how "we" by which he meant "not fat me" strung cables.

As for Don going to Sirius, if so, good for him. There are ways of getting Sirius for free. And when you say "insider" presumably you mean inside your mom's box, because you're just guessing.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: February 21, 2014 03:41PM

Puzzy Riot Wrote:

> And when you say "insider" presumably you mean inside
> your mom's box, because you're just guessing.

Thank you for my friday belly laugh!

Posted by: Oh The Humanity ()
Date: February 21, 2014 03:54PM

Ouch

Posted by: Charli Screwangstabilac ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:39PM

To use a metaphor, if the old D&M show were a jazz band, Don was the front man, always on the mic and playing lead. Mike was a sideman who had the talent to cut the lead if he riffed up to his capability but he just didn't have the talent to make it up front. Think William B. Williams on the "Sammy Maudlin Show" on SCTV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqbDUlkkHdY

Posted by: Inside Baseball ()
Date: February 21, 2014 08:51PM

In baseball terms, Don was the Ace and Closer, Mike was the Middle Reliever, Buzz was the Set Up guy and Robb was the fucking asshole outside of the stadium trying to sell cheap knockoffs of the team's gear.

Posted by: bubbyman ()
Date: February 21, 2014 11:56PM

Either way, podcast or satellite, Don's show will be much better than Mike's. I've listened to most of what Don has done since D&M and he does a good show when he has a few people to work with, by himself he's not to good, with a single co-host he's ok, but when he gets 2-4 in studio with him I think he shines, it takes skill to not bore you when he tells a story for the 5th time in 20 years and I think he does it by working with the reaction of the in studio crew. Mike tells a story and expects an exact reaction from whoever is around and if they don't give it, it's their fault the bit failed.
There is reason Mike doesn't take calls during his show, it's not because he can't stick to a regular schedule or that callers aren't funny, he just has no idea what to do with a caller, for example, the prize winner that wasn't excited enough for Mike. Mike gave Robb a mic and Robb always gives Mike what he wants as a reaction, so those two will work together forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 12:03AM by bubbyman.

Date: February 22, 2014 12:09AM

bubbyman Wrote:

> There is reason Mike doesn't take calls during his
> show, it's not because he can't stick to a regular
> schedule or that callers aren't funny, he just has
> no idea what to do with a caller, for example, the
> prize winner that wasn't excited enough for Mike.

Plus, Robb passionately hates callers-- not because they're not funny, but because he passionately hates anything that takes the focus off of him. (Also the reason why he passionately hates Oscar, I suspect.)

Date: February 22, 2014 12:09AM

TMOS 1002..... 32 yrs ago a woman gave her daughter up for adoption, they reconnected recently and they both knew who Mike was, mother was in DC most of her life and daughter lived in DC her whole life. Wow. The power of Mike O'Meara, reuniting lost families. I'm sure without Mike the P.I. hired by the adoptive mother would have never found the birth mother.

Posted by: Oh The Humanity ()
Date: February 22, 2014 07:52AM

The mother daughter segment was excruciating to listen to. They all suck at interviews, especially LFF who can't help falling all over himself trying to ask questions that turn into run on statements that go nowhere. He even referenced the politics of adoption. I wasn't aware there is a political party opposed to adoption, Mike. So they took a somewhat interesting human interest story that could have been a good promotional opportunity for the Failcast and turned it into 5 minutes of warm and fuzzy babbling and cross talk. I'm sure LFF spent hours of show prep preparing for this one.

Posted by: Interviewer Mike ()
Date: February 22, 2014 09:52AM

Mike has no business interviewing anyone. A good interviewer asks short, open ended questions and then listens. Mike is incapable of doing this. He makes run-on statements in the form of questions. Really, he believes it is more important for him to answer his own question versus actually allowing the interviewee to speak. He can't do interviews. He can't do reads. He can't do prep and doesn't understand what is and isn't funny. For a guy who spent 30 years in broadcasting, his broadcasting skill set is atrocious. No wonder he can't get another radio job.

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: February 22, 2014 10:02AM

Does anyone remember when they dis take calls? The entire segment would be just saying "hello." Nothing else. It was a joke.

bubbyman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > There is reason Mike doesn't take calls during
> his
> > show, it's not because he can't stick to a
> regular
> > schedule or that callers aren't funny, he just
> has
> > no idea what to do with a caller, for example,
> the
> > prize winner that wasn't excited enough for
> Mike.

Posted by: FailCast ()
Date: February 22, 2014 10:21AM

Puzzy Riot Wrote:

>
> The talk about people "leaving the MORE network"
> is hilarious. Fuckwaddle doesn't promote the
> other shows at all. How many listeners do they
> have? They might as well not exist. They're
> doing shows for their friends at this point. I
> would say Mickey Cochella is they only one who had
> a chance in podcasting since he was known before
> he left radio because of some sort of personal
> crisis but he blew that chance by hitching his
> star to a fat tub of goo.
>

Are you saying that Cake & Cookies or The Rob and Joe Show are not making a ton of money. Do they have a chance? FAIL!!!!

Posted by: Not a blip ()
Date: February 22, 2014 11:10AM

I wish they would be honest, with both their successes and their failures, instead of trying to always spin everything and lying to their listeners.

#TMOS1000 not only didn't "trend", it didn't even make a blip on the twitter universe.

Why not just be truthful and "transparent" with the listeners about the failure?
Attachments:
TwitterTMOS1000.JPG

Posted by: alice ()
Date: February 22, 2014 12:48PM

what an interesting story - about the mother and daughter being reunited. they each sound like wonderful, down to earth, good people. it was so nice to hear. i wish them both and their families the best. God bless them.

Date: February 22, 2014 03:01PM

alice Wrote:
> what an interesting story - about the mother and
> daughter being reunited. they each sound like
> wonderful, down to earth, good people. it was so
> nice to hear. i wish them both and their families
> the best. God bless them.

what a [potentially] interesting story - about the mother and daughter being reunited. [Although it was hard to tell from the little opportunity Mike gave them to speak,] they each sound like wonderful, down to earth, good people. it [would have been] so nice to hear [more from them and less from Mike and Robb]. i wish them both and their families the best. God bless them [for enduring Mike's terrible interview skills].

Date: February 22, 2014 03:56PM

Mike constantly runs his mouth and requires Headdddd to constantly run his mouth because he is a hollow shell of a man full of terror and fear.

Posted by: CarlasTampon ()
Date: February 22, 2014 05:11PM

FailCast Wrote:

> Are you saying that Cake & Cookies or The Rob and
> Joe Show are not making a ton of money. Do they
> have a chance? FAIL!!!!

Don't lump those 2 shows together as if they should be painted with the same broad brush.

One of them is actually good and deserves better.

The other isn't and does not.

Posted by: The Secret to Success ()
Date: February 22, 2014 06:08PM

Everyone suffers setbacks. Everyone experiences failure. Success is only achieved if you learn from those failures, change what you are doing and move forward. I dare anyone, either a fan, former fan or member of the krewe, to name one thing that has been changed on the Failcast that actually improved the show. Given that audience and revenues have declined since RJ, Buzz and Ronick left, they don't count. Let's discuss. I think any basic analysis will reveal they have ignored what's worked and double-downed on failure because failure requires less energy. Go!

Date: February 22, 2014 06:10PM

>
> what a [potentially] interesting story - about the
> mother and daughter being reunited. [Although it
> was hard to tell from the little opportunity Mike
> gave them to speak,] they each sound like
> wonderful, down to earth, good people. it [would
> have been] so nice to hear [more from them and
> less from Mike and Robb]. i wish them both and
> their families the best. God bless them [for
> enduring Mike's terrible interview skills].

Absolute worst part of the interview was when Mike accused Rob of being too quiet, that shows how much he depends on Rob for filler noise.

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: February 22, 2014 07:30PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Intractable Insobriety Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > what a [potentially] interesting story - about
> the
> > mother and daughter being reunited. [Although
> it
> > was hard to tell from the little opportunity
> Mike
> > gave them to speak,] they each sound like
> > wonderful, down to earth, good people. it
> [would
> > have been] so nice to hear [more from them and
> > less from Mike and Robb]. i wish them both and
> > their families the best. God bless them [for
> > enduring Mike's terrible interview skills].
>
> Absolute worst part of the interview was when Mike
> accused Rob of being too quiet, that shows how
> much he depends on Rob for filler noise.

Also bad, not remembering which one had which name, and needing basic facts of the story repeated multiple times. Sort of like how he can never remember how many siblings Oscar has, or their names, even though it has LITERALLY been mentioned dozens of times. Time for a brain scan.

Posted by: FeedRFamilies ()
Date: February 22, 2014 10:19PM

1,000 podcasts was topped off by that horrific interview with the mom & daughter on Friday. I agree this show cannot last.

LFF took what could be a great story, delivered on a silver platter, and pooped all over it.

And this is the second Saturday in a row that the Friday show has not yet posted on the iPhone feed. I'd tweet it, but some show dipshit would block me because theyre a Band of Brothers and they stick together. Until April when they'll all broadcast from differnt rooms.

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: February 23, 2014 12:39AM

Maybe if they told the truth the fans would try harder. Mike's ego probably prevents them from telling the truth about the state of the show. If the fans were not sheep, they would actually see though the bs.

Posted by: Lady Baltimore ()
Date: February 23, 2014 08:27AM

It was actually Oscar's idea to bring the reunited mother and daughter on the show. Mike openly admitted that he barely paid attention when Oscar explained to him that he was going to bring them on and what their story was.

That indicates just how much Mike cares about the content of the show. I'm getting increasingly annoyed at Mike, his ongoing hypocrisy and laziness and his bullying of people on the show.

I cringe when he drags Pony Boy, reluctantly up to the mic to discuss his lack of a love life. The poor guy, he obviously doesn't want to be on mic at all, but Mike needs some filler.

If Mike would put ten minutes of thought into it, maybe he could come up with some anecdotes about his own life to talk about. Funny how he expects everyone else on the show to discuss their lives, but has so little to say about his own.

Date: February 23, 2014 09:37AM

Lady Baltimore Wrote:

> If Mike would put ten minutes of thought into it,
> maybe he could come up with some anecdotes about
> his own life to talk about. Funny how he expects
> everyone else on the show to discuss their lives,
> but has so little to say about his own.

Agree -- they recently discussed how much they talk about their private lives, particularly unflattering aspects. Oscar "gets" that is what makes compelling radio & podcasts. Of the three, he does it the most. Mike continually backs off from sharing a lot of such things. On a small scale, he has not shared the story he said he would about wrecking his son's first photo session. On a larger one, he has danced around the real reason(s) for his move to FL. I think this forum is spot on about the FL move but he could be honest. Transparent, even. I find Don's solo shows to be lacking but one of his virtues is his apparent willingness to discuss most of what's going on in his life and career. Mike's "ratings" would improve were he to do the same -- he has a lot of material there for which he would not have to prep; but nearly all of it is unflattering, so he doesn't talk about it.

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: February 23, 2014 10:12AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Mike
> accused Rob of being too quiet

Holy Crap that must've been a Bizzaro Podcast

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: February 23, 2014 10:17AM

On second thought I figured it out without having heard/seen the show,

Robb was not in a position where he could insult and belittle the guests so he had nothing to say.

Posted by: Storyteller Mike ()
Date: February 23, 2014 10:49AM

It's funny to me how Mike had tried over time to perpetuate this myth that he's a great story teller. First, a good story involves content, and sitting around the shit hut yelling at your dog isn't compelling content. Second, as was demonstrated by the mother daughter thing, Mike wouldn't understand what makes a great story if it walked into his living room and tried to tell itself. Mike is not the most interesting person in the world, but he has a hot young wife, a baby son while he is in his 50s and hangs out in bars where he tends to cross the line on occasion. A real story teller would have enough to work with. Mike doesn't have that skill.

Posted by: a point ()
Date: February 23, 2014 11:18AM

When Don talks about his life or his job situation it is his saying it in the confines of the sports talk radio format it is obvious WJFK is telling him to do, yet he keeps getting his own material in. Thats the sign of someone who works and gives a shit, and is still pushing back. That's why Don's still relevant, he still busts his ass and puts what he has on the line.

Date: February 23, 2014 11:39AM

Storyteller Mike Wrote:
> It's funny to me how Mike had tried over time to
> perpetuate this myth that he's a great story
> teller.

Yes. This.

And it is frustrating because it is the case that Mike does have the superficial rhythms of on-air patter down. He has a pleasing radio voice, and, when giving just a little help, he can tell a good story. But he doesn't instinctively know how to do it/where to go with it.

Date: February 23, 2014 12:16PM

The difference between Fatass and someone like Carolla is vast. Fatass is pure corporate morning zoo radio. A shell. Zero soul. Facade voice factory-made to sell commercials and to launch into corporate 'music.' He is stupid and has little interest in life in general. Even his interests in things like 'motorcycling' are fake and superficial. On top of this he is lazy and mean-spirited. His go-to move is to simply bully and make fun of people - and drink - and eat more shit. Hell, even his Jar-Jar 'hot' wife seems to be a bit of an idiot.

Carolla was booted off of CBS because he is NOT a corporate man. He is ALL soul and supremely independent and interested in everything. His program director at CBS was a corporate monkey. Carolla has many interests besides watching TV on his couch. Carolla loves a good story and knows how to tell one. He can make comedy out of reading a want ad. His insights are very original. His politics are all over the place and hard to categorize.

And, he works out and keeps in shape. He has developed the world's most successful anti-corporate fuck-you pirate ship - something Fatass could never do. He is not a pirate captain; he's the drunk stoleaway sleeping with the bottom-rats in his own stink.

Fatass is not able to build anything without his corporate sponsors and masters. He is pure Walmart. What is there to wonder about? There is nothing there to develop. We can't make him into a pirate captain.

Date: February 23, 2014 12:43PM

Geez, it's like "morning zoo" is the only insult you know even when it's not applicable. I've had to speak to you about this before.

"Hell, even his Jar-Jar 'hot' wife seems to be a bit of an idiot."

More to the point, there's something seriously wrong with her in that she insisted Fuckwaddle impregnate her.

Posted by: Hot Carla ()
Date: February 23, 2014 01:13PM

I think in general women who work out tend to want to be with men who at least make an effort not to look like Jabba the Hut. The idea that she would put up with a fat load like Mike strictly for money seems like a pretty archaic concept for someone Carla's age, even with her mom's prodding. I do think there is a daddy issue there. With male abandonment issues, she may be uncomfortable challenging Mike more than she already does. In any case, the idea of that fat piece of sweaty, booze-drenched shit rolling around on her is like something from a Japanese horror movie.

Posted by: FeedRFamilies ()
Date: February 23, 2014 01:39PM

So true. Carla was 22 when she met 44 yo Mike. At first he bragged her mom was younger than he was. Also mentioned that dad was not in the picture. Lots of daddy issues.

Fast forward to 2017 when his daughter is 22. If she starts dating a mid-40s guy, he'd lose his lunch.

Date: February 23, 2014 02:03PM

FeedRFamilies Wrote:
> So true. Carla was 22 when she met 44 yo Mike. At
> first he bragged her mom was younger than he was.
> Also mentioned that dad was not in the picture.
> Lots of daddy issues.
>
> Fast forward to 2017 when his daughter is 22. If
> she starts dating a mid-40s guy, he'd lose his
> lunch.

No worries...He'll be dead by then...

Posted by: Daddy Issues, Part II ()
Date: February 23, 2014 02:10PM

Given Mike's stellar parenting, I think it's almost a lock his daughters will be dating men twice their age.

Date: February 23, 2014 03:26PM

Daddy Issues, Part II Wrote:
> Given Mike's stellar parenting, I think it's
> almost a lock his daughters will be dating men
> twice their age.

Let's hope they're not broke

Date: February 23, 2014 04:17PM

Puzzy Riot Wrote:
> Geez, it's like "morning zoo" is the only insult
> you know even when it's not applicable. I've had
> to speak to you about this before.
>
> "Hell, even his Jar-Jar 'hot' wife seems to be a
> bit of an idiot."
>
> More to the point, there's something seriously
> wrong with her in that she insisted Fuckwaddle
> impregnate her.

I like to say 'morning zoo' just to get you salivating like Pavlov's dog.

Posted by: Taco Cat ()
Date: February 23, 2014 04:20PM

Taco Cat loves sleeping in Mike O'Meara's warm, humid belly button full of lint. So much lint in fact, Taco Cat is knitting a sweater. Meow!
Attachments:
taco-cat.jpg

Posted by: Melinda Ardinger ()
Date: February 23, 2014 04:32PM

I COMPLETELY AGREE with you and I want to extend an invitation to the support group I founded. It's called FAGS - Females Against Giant Shlongs. I think you'll fit in like a hotdog on a bun! Isn't that super special!
Attachments:
Melinda Ardinger.jpg

Posted by: Who's Melinda? ()
Date: February 23, 2014 05:06PM

Who's Melinda Ardinger?

Date: February 23, 2014 06:11PM

Melinda Ardinger Wrote:
> I COMPLETELY AGREE with you and I want to extend
> an invitation to the support group I founded. It's
> called FAGS - Females Against Giant Shlongs. I
> think you'll fit in like a hotdog on a bun! Isn't
> that super special!

Niiiiiiice

Date: February 23, 2014 06:12PM

Who's Melinda? Wrote:
> Who's Melinda Ardinger?

Joe's sister...Don't you see the resemblance?

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: February 23, 2014 07:15PM

It's obvious TMOS has no talent. They can't even fill an hour with their own material. Yes. I could never do it, but I don't proclaim to be a professional radio personality.

From stupid movie clips in the beginning of the show to audio clips from youtube.

Why not just talk and be entertaining on your own instead of playing other people's "funny" stuff?

Posted by: Oddio Vawlt ()
Date: February 23, 2014 07:53PM

I don't listen to the shitfest, so I was wondering what percentage of the Audio Vault simply doesn't work because you don't have the visual to go with it? 10%? 30% 50% More? Less?

Date: February 23, 2014 08:04PM

Oddio Vawlt Wrote:
> I don't listen to the shitfest, so I was wondering
> what percentage of the Audio Vault simply doesn't
> work because you don't have the visual to go with
> it? 10%? 30% 50% More? Less?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%...The Sochi Wolf hoax didn't work at all...

Posted by: Matthew Crawley ()
Date: February 23, 2014 08:20PM

Wasn't the 1000th episode great? It was really spontaneous, funny, and entertaining.

Date: February 24, 2014 01:12AM

peekza Wrote:

>
>
> Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%...The Sochi
> Wolf hoax didn't work at all...

What is stopping them from doing a video podcast for at least part of the show? I mean besides the lack of talent, effort and Mike leaving. They have the cameras and the time right?

Posted by: American Tourister ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:10AM

Hi Mike Wrote:
> peekza Wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%...The
> Sochi
> > Wolf hoax didn't work at all...
>
>
> What is stopping them from doing a video podcast
> for at least part of the show? I mean besides the
> lack of talent, effort and Mike leaving. They have
> the cameras and the time right?

Other than effort and competence . . .

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 10:01AM

My understanding is that they upload the video feed to YouTube.

Date: February 24, 2014 10:48AM

Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> My understanding is that they upload the video
> feed to YouTube.

They do, but it's still just the 3 cameras, I think the idea was to actually show the videos he's playing the audio from. For now you still have to search for the subject video to see why it's funny.

Date: February 24, 2014 10:58AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> -----
> > My understanding is that they upload the video
> > feed to YouTube.
>
>
> They do, but it's still just the 3 cameras, I
> think the idea was to actually show the videos
> he's playing the audio from. For now you still
> have to search for the subject video to see why
> it's funny.

Like in the bad old days, when they'd have strippers on the radio. Strippers on the radio. Instant dial turner.

Date: February 24, 2014 11:39AM

Why in God's name would any normal person want to see a VIDEO of these clowns? You are complaining because you are not getting the video you desire? Wow.

Date: February 24, 2014 12:27PM

enzo Wrote:
> Why in God's name would any normal person want to
> see a VIDEO of these clowns? You are complaining
> because you are not getting the video you desire?
> Wow.

And just think -- soon, it will be video of Rob(b) and Oscar sitting in a room staring at an iPad with LFF's bloated face. COMPELLING!

Date: February 24, 2014 12:32PM

American Tourister Wrote:
> enzo Wrote:
> -----
> > Why in God's name would any normal person want
> to
> > see a VIDEO of these clowns? You are
> complaining
> > because you are not getting the video you
> desire?
> > Wow.
>
> And just think -- soon, it will be video of Rob(b)
> and Oscar sitting in a room staring at an iPad
> with LFF's bloated face. COMPELLING!

Why did they spend the cash to get 1080p cameras and yet they post at a 240 resolution? Mike doesn't want you to see him in HD...Priceless...

Date: February 24, 2014 01:53PM

enzo Wrote:
> Why in God's name would any normal person want to
> see a VIDEO of these clowns? You are complaining
> because you are not getting the video you desire?
> Wow.

Dear god, no I don't want to see video of them, just pointing out there half assed attempt at a visual element.

Posted by: 90 Days ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:07PM

They spent all this money on the studio in Manassas and without warning LFF ups and moves. Foreclosures involve a 90 day notice. April 1 is 90 days from when this became public.

Posted by: Bankety Bank Bank ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:23PM

90 Days Wrote:
> They spent all this money on the studio in
> Manassas and without warning LFF ups and moves.
> Foreclosures involve a 90 day notice. April 1 is
> 90 days from when this became public.

If it was a foreclosure, there'd be public court filings; there aren't. Not in PW Circuit Court, not in PW District Court.

Posted by: Jeleemu ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:26PM

Most home sales take 60-90 days. I love reading this forum for this sort of stuff. Pretty funny!

Posted by: Listy a List ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:09PM

The house isn't listed on the market. Good luck with selling by April 1. Also, isn't the foreclosure filed when it is done? Do you need to file paperwork for a foreclosure notification?

Posted by: 90 Days ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:15PM

90 Day Foreclosure notices are sent before legal proceedings begin.

Date: February 24, 2014 04:17PM

How was the Bonus show? How Real-Real did it get?

Posted by: enzo-molests-children. ()
Date: February 24, 2014 05:02PM

90 Days Wrote:
> 90 Day Foreclosure notices are sent before legal
> proceedings begin.

Maybe you can turn over your house without any court filings?

All I know is enzo molests children.

Posted by: Mean Mr Mustard ()
Date: February 24, 2014 05:38PM

I was a big fan of the D&M show,but haven't listened to mikes show since the first month he was on his own. Downloaded & listened to three current episodes and have to say that the show isn't that bad. Sure there are better podcast but there are also far worse. Seems that one of the biggest problems with this show is oscar's completely over the top,fake laughing.

Posted by: Mike D ()
Date: February 24, 2014 06:08PM

Mean Mr Mustard Wrote:
> I was a big fan of the D&M show,but haven't
> listened to mikes show since the first month he
> was on his own. Downloaded & listened to three
> current episodes and have to say that the show
> isn't that bad. Sure there are better podcast but
> there are also far worse. Seems that one of the
> biggest problems with this show is oscar's
> completely over the top,fake laughing.

I think you mis-spelled Robb there. He's WAY more of a hyena than Oscar is.

Posted by: Michael Stuart ()
Date: February 24, 2014 06:11PM

This forum exemplifies the worst impulses of mankind.

If you don't like the show, listen to something else.

Date: February 24, 2014 06:22PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:
> This forum exemplifies the worst impulses of
> mankind.
>
> If you don't like the show, listen to something
> else.

If you do like it, listen to something else, then you won't so much.

Posted by: Get A Clue ()
Date: February 24, 2014 06:22PM

^
^
^
I think the Holocaust exemplifies the worst impulses of mankind. You know, that thing Robb thinks is so funny?

No, this forum pales in comparison to real horrors. And, frankly, it pales in comparison to collecting Nazi memorabilia and laughing because your stressed out wife is crying in a parking lot at an outlet mall where she works because her lazy husband wants to pretend to be on the radio instead of providing for his family.

Posted by: Michael Stuart ()
Date: February 24, 2014 06:29PM

I stand by my earlier statement. This forum is nothing but a river of bile.

Date: February 24, 2014 06:39PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:
> I stand by my earlier statement. This forum is
> nothing but a river of bile.

So why are you here posting?

Date: February 24, 2014 07:05PM

Mike D Wrote:
> Mean Mr Mustard Wrote:
> -----
> > I was a big fan of the D&M show,but haven't
> > listened to mikes show since the first month he
> > was on his own. Downloaded & listened to three
> > current episodes and have to say that the show
> > isn't that bad. Sure there are better podcast
> but
> > there are also far worse. Seems that one of the
> > biggest problems with this show is oscar's
> > completely over the top,fake laughing.
>
>
> I think you mis-spelled Robb there. He's WAY more
> of a hyena than Oscar is.

And it is even harder to listen to now that they're breaking down the studio. His whoops and cackles are now echoing.

Posted by: William Mo'fuckin' Shakespeare ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:06PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:

Floating down a river of bile,
Down that river 'bout a mile,
The sad land where hyenas laugh,
Re-reading Yahoo paragraphs,
Mike can't really find his lap,
The studio floor is puppy crap,
Poor Oscar can't believe his fate,
For his career, it's getting late,
And Carrie's fate is even dimmer,
But Rob(b) ain't gettin' any slimmer,
Mike Stuart doesn't like this board,
But he's so easily ignored,
We wander on, in search of yuks,
But please admit -- the failcast sucks.

Posted by: Dental Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:14PM

LOL. So good.

William Mo'fuckin' Shakespeare Wrote:
> Michael Stuart Wrote:
> -----
> > I stand by my earlier statement. This forum is
> > nothing but a river of bile.
>
> Floating down a river of bile,
> Down that river 'bout a mile,
> The sad land where hyenas laugh,
> Re-reading Yahoo paragraphs,
> Mike can't really find his lap,
> The studio floor is puppy crap,
> Poor Oscar can't believe his fate,
> For his career, it's getting late,
> And Carrie's fate is even dimmer,
> But Rob(b) ain't gettin' any slimmer,
> Mike Stuart doesn't like this board,
> But he's so easily ignored,
> We wander on, in search of yuks,
> But please admit -- the failcast sucks.

Date: February 24, 2014 07:59PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:

You're on to us. We're bad, bad people.

Posted by: Bile River ()
Date: February 24, 2014 08:15PM

We are very evil. We throw suitcases at our pregnant wives. We go out boozing all night while our wives sit at home days after having a c-section. We disown people we have been friends with over 20 years over the smallest of slights. We exploit lonely women who have lost their fathers for their money. We make promises we don't keep. We lie. We drink too much. We ignore our kids and treat our fans like shit. We are truly terrible people.

Date: February 24, 2014 08:44PM

Bile River Wrote:
> We are very evil. We throw suitcases at our
> pregnant wives. We go out boozing all night while
> our wives sit at home days after having a
> c-section. We disown people we have been friends
> with over 20 years over the smallest of slights.
> We exploit lonely women who have lost their
> fathers for their money. We make promises we don't
> keep. We lie. We drink too much. We ignore our
> kids and treat our fans like shit. We are truly
> terrible people.

We aspire to be like Mike. Failing, we despair and become bilious. Please help us.

Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: February 24, 2014 08:45PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:
> mankind.
>
> else.

Go fuck yourself you hump.

If you don't like our forums, then fuck off to fairy tale TMOS Fan club land where you can all sit around and circle jerk yourselves while listening to Robbbbbb go "WHO ARE YOU?!" 50 billion times.

Date: February 24, 2014 09:00PM

Michael Stuart Wrote:
> mankind.
>
> else.

IF you don't like the forum, you could always read something else...

Date: February 24, 2014 09:01PM

William Mo'fuckin' Shakespeare Wrote:
> Michael Stuart Wrote:
> -----
> > I stand by my earlier statement. This forum is
> > nothing but a river of bile.
>
> Floating down a river of bile,
> Down that river 'bout a mile,
> The sad land where hyenas laugh,
> Re-reading Yahoo paragraphs,
> Mike can't really find his lap,
> The studio floor is puppy crap,
> Poor Oscar can't believe his fate,
> For his career, it's getting late,
> And Carrie's fate is even dimmer,
> But Rob(b) ain't gettin' any slimmer,
> Mike Stuart doesn't like this board,
> But he's so easily ignored,
> We wander on, in search of yuks,
> But please admit -- the failcast sucks.

niiiiiiice

Date: February 24, 2014 09:59PM

> Bile River Wrote:
> -----
> > We are very evil. We throw suitcases at our
> > pregnant wives. We go out boozing all night
> while
> > our wives sit at home days after having a
> > c-section. We disown people we have been
> friends
> > with over 20 years over the smallest of
> slights.
> > We exploit lonely women who have lost their
> > fathers for their money. We make promises we
> don't
> > keep. We lie. We drink too much. We ignore our
> > kids and treat our fans like shit. We are truly
> > terrible people.
>
> We aspire to be like Mike. Failing, we despair and
> become bilious. Please help us.

I'm more of a Rob guy, my wife works while I stay home and pretend I have a job.

Posted by: Anne Frank ()
Date: February 24, 2014 10:38PM

Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy. Laziness may look inviting, but only work gives you true satisfaction.

Date: February 24, 2014 10:57PM

Anne Frank Wrote:
> Earning happiness means doing good and working,
> not speculating and being lazy. Laziness may look
> inviting, but only work gives you true
> satisfaction.

Anne, you are a German/Jewish child, welcome to the 21st century. Laziness is rewarded and working will never get you the advantages of welfare and charity in America. Just ask Mike, his reported income and two dependents in Florida= food stamps, free Obamamcare, and Earned Income Credit, if his income lowers from his move, his benifits increase, Mike wins. I think Carla thought he would get another real job after CBS fired him and again when baby Mike was born, but he showed her and this is the real way Mike will make his living. Remember, Kappy can give him up to $10k from each account without a need for him to report it as income.

Date: February 24, 2014 11:52PM

I tip my cap to William Motherfucking Shakespeare. Let me try a limerick:

There once was a man named Mike
Whose best impression was that of a Kike.
But most his stuff was not that fun
But Robb laughed anyway dressed like the Hun
With Luger and helmet with spike.

Posted by: Mikes CPA ()
Date: February 25, 2014 06:41AM

bubbyman Wrote:

> Kappy can give him up to $10k
> from each account without a need for him to report
> it as income.

Actually, Kappy (or anyone who cares to) can give Mike up to $14K per year, tax-free to both giver and recipient. The same "donor" can also give $14K each to Carla and the baby.

So Mike can go out and get a job, earn $70K and lose a bunch to payroll, state (not germane to FL) and IRS taxes, or can just sit back and accept $42K in tax-free gifts. Lucky guy.

Date: February 25, 2014 07:34AM

Mikes CPA Wrote:
> bubbyman Wrote:
>
> > Kappy can give him up to $10k
> > from each account without a need for him to
> report
> > it as income.
>
> Actually, Kappy (or anyone who cares to) can give
> Mike up to $14K per year, tax-free to both giver
> and recipient. The same "donor" can also give
> $14K each to Carla and the baby.
>
> So Mike can go out and get a job, earn $70K and
> lose a bunch to payroll, state (not germane to FL)
> and IRS taxes, or can just sit back and accept
> $42K in tax-free gifts. Lucky guy.

I didn't realize it had gone up to $14k(I don't have a lot people giving me "gifts"). Since this is the route he's probably taking, his $40k income from the show won't stick them into a tax bracket where he'll pay any taxes at all, unless Carla finds a great Florida CFO position.

Date: February 25, 2014 08:46AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Mikes CPA Wrote:
> -----
> > bubbyman Wrote:
> >
> > > Kappy can give him up to $10k
> > > from each account without a need for him to
> > report
> > > it as income.
> >
> > Actually, Kappy (or anyone who cares to) can
> give
> > Mike up to $14K per year, tax-free to both
> giver
> > and recipient. The same "donor" can also give
> > $14K each to Carla and the baby.
> >
> > So Mike can go out and get a job, earn $70K and
> > lose a bunch to payroll, state (not germane to
> FL)
> > and IRS taxes, or can just sit back and accept
> > $42K in tax-free gifts. Lucky guy.
>
>
> I didn't realize it had gone up to $14k(I don't
> have a lot people giving me "gifts"). Since this
> is the route he's probably taking, his $40k income
> from the show won't stick them into a tax bracket
> where he'll pay any taxes at all, unless Carla
> finds a great Florida CFO position.

CFO=receptionist on downside; office manager on upside. She's a CFO like LFF is a Hell's Angel.

Pages: PreviousFirst...326327328329330331332333334335336...LastNext
Current Page: 331 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.