HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...323324325326327328329330331332333...LastNext
Current Page: 328 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Mike D ()
Date: February 17, 2014 05:43PM

American Tourister Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > HOW THE HELL DID THEY EVER FIND THIS
> SITE......oh
> > wait, we posted the url like 50 times.
> >
> > THAT is transparency Mike.
>
> The FXU folks are sure a lot more amusing than
> LFF's herd of dipshit sheep, ain't they?

It's pretty pathetic.

To be truthful, I don't hate Mike. I think he could do a decent show again. It's that fat piece of shit Robb who I despise. He is entertainment cancer and unfortunately Mike thinks he's this amazing second mic funnyman. When in all honesty he's a talentless hack who doesn't know comedy if it kicked him in his tiny balls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curious Bob Hope ()
Date: February 17, 2014 05:46PM

I wouldn't harp on the show like I do if I didn't think there was SOME potential there. I actually think Oscar is really talented. Mike has hope as well.

I have to agree about Robb. WHO ARE YOU?!?!?! ad nauseum

Posted by: Hi Mike ()
Date: February 17, 2014 05:48PM

Just throwing this out there, but I fucking love this site. It has brought me far more joy than TMOS ever did.

Date: February 17, 2014 05:54PM

To everyone from the TMOS Fan Club:

Welcome! While you may be quick to discount us all as trolls, you would actually find that there are varying leves of dislike toward the show. I applaud you for coming out of your walled garden of groupthink to check us out.

Look around, and perhaps you'll actually laugh at some of the content - laughter, something that hasn't been associated with TMOS for quite some time. As people who 'get it', maybe you can explain it to us.

Posted by: M Hardin Young ()
Date: February 17, 2014 06:16PM

My friends, it has been a great day. I went and spelled masturbate correctly on my twitter profile and the underground has really come alive. We remember what the show was and we smile, we think of the what the show could be and we wish but we listen to what the show has become and we get sad. We expect better and we demand better. We are not spewing lies on #tmos1000, we are apeaking truths that the Omeara followers cannot grasp, they cannot hear negatives about their dear leader. But if we can get one or two over here to see the truth and to participate in an honest forum that welcomes all, then this will be a success. God bless the underground.

Posted by: Robb "Show Killer" Spewak ()
Date: February 17, 2014 07:20PM

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!

Robb Spewak

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: February 17, 2014 07:32PM

That was extremely fun. See you tomorrow.

Posted by: Happy Throckmorton ()
Date: February 17, 2014 07:42PM

That was a blast. Happy President's Day, everyone.

Date: February 17, 2014 08:06PM

If we get even two converts, it's worth it as far as I'm concerned. It was a lot of fun today. In truth we have the same end goal as everyone in the TMOS Fan Club - the bettering of the show. We just have a different way of going about it. We don't have a queen tyrant running the place, for one thing...

Posted by: Creased Earlobes ()
Date: February 17, 2014 08:23PM

>
> To be truthful, I don't hate Mike. I think he
> could do a decent show again. It's that fat piece
> of shit Robb who I despise. He is entertainment
> cancer and unfortunately Mike thinks he's this
> amazing second mic funnyman. When in all honesty
> he's a talentless hack who doesn't know comedy if
> it kicked him in his tiny balls.

Case in point: in Mike's diatribe against the Newschannel 8 weather guy, he at least pointed out that the guy was on TV while he was podcasting from his living room, so who really was the loser? Ok, good for the LFF for being self-deprecating there. But of course ass-kissing Rob has to jump in to save his hero Mike and scoff and say "oh he's just on cable!" Really Rob? Anyone who's on cable TV is going to be discredited and not deemed as being on "real" TV? What year is that dick living in? Nevermind. We all know the answer to that.

Posted by: bubbyman ()
Date: February 17, 2014 09:01PM

I only had about 20 minutes during the show to watch so I had to listen later this afternoon. No real entertainment today, just normal crap. Mike told Alex Ovechkin he needed to pay attention to what the ticket buyers wanted from him instead of being angry about Russia's Olympic loss. Once again, Mike leading by example. Mike was also upset with NBC for not broadcasting what he wanted them to on his schedule. I wonder if he comes here, reads complaints, then uses them as material for his show? "FFXU" Mike O'Meara's favorite prep service.#TMOS1000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 09:01PM by bubbyman.

Posted by: Oh The Humanity ()
Date: February 17, 2014 09:01PM

I will be interested to see if LFF discusses the hashtag hi jinks on the Failcast

Date: February 17, 2014 09:05PM

I doubt he will other than to say how popular the hashtag is. Really we can only help the hashtag, but at least some should make their way here which can only be fun in the end.

Date: February 17, 2014 09:07PM

I did dust off my Twitter account, I'm going to retweet the ones from here and come up with a few too.

Posted by: Just Say No ()
Date: February 17, 2014 09:09PM

Funniest Tweet goes to FDB@Handtogod
Favorite Moment: When Mike was too hung over to come downstairs and do the show. Second Favorite: The other time that happened.

Posted by: American Tourister ()
Date: February 17, 2014 09:19PM

Just Say No Wrote:
> Funniest Tweet goes to FDB@Handtogod
> Favorite Moment: When Mike was too hung over to
> come downstairs and do the show. Second Favorite:
> The other time that happened.

Third favorite: the other TIMES that happened.

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: February 17, 2014 09:52PM

328...Semper Fat...
Attachments:
Semper Fat....jpg

Posted by: Just Say No ()
Date: February 17, 2014 10:01PM

dang, i quit listening within a few weeks of the beginning of the JFK TMOS because of how not just unfunny but irritating it was, and in all this time i had forgotten how much the braying jackass Rob(b) loves the sound of his own voice and literally cannot go more than about eight seconds without shoving in SOME comment, whether it adds anything or brings the show to the proverbial screeching halt. What the HELL is wrong with MOM that he doesnt SEE it? Imagine Rob(b) in a bar? You would be actively avoiding him within 90 seconds.

Date: February 17, 2014 10:29PM

Just Say No Wrote:
> dang, i quit listening within a few weeks of the
> beginning of the JFK TMOS because of how not just
> unfunny but irritating it was, and in all this
> time i had forgotten how much the braying jackass
> Rob(b) loves the sound of his own voice and
> literally cannot go more than about eight seconds
> without shoving in SOME comment, whether it adds
> anything or brings the show to the proverbial
> screeching halt. What the HELL is wrong with MOM
> that he doesnt SEE it? Imagine Rob(b) in a bar?
> You would be actively avoiding him within 90
> seconds.
I think he does see it but has no idea what to fill the space with if he didn't have it. I've always thought the show would have been better if Oscar, broken english and all, were the primary on the podcast. He seems to be the only one of the three that works at getting his projects to succeed, and can actually take critisism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 10:30PM by bubbyman.

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: February 17, 2014 11:04PM

Because Mike is a weak hollow person, he is nervous. To cover the possible empty air space (which any strong person actually enjoys), he has the cackling hyena Robbb. If Headdd did not bring his constant laughter and interuptions, Mike would crumble in the corner, covered in sweat.

Really, Mike hates running anything. He needs a room full of jackasses to simply fill in the time. I refuse to listen to that shit.

Date: February 18, 2014 01:22AM

Wow, quite a few upset people because of the hashtag. I guess they are just following Mike's lead though, portraying themselves as a friendly and caring community of listeners, only to fall quickly to non-relevant personal attacks of anyone that disagrees with them. I mean really what does it matter that I'm a dick when the topic is the show? Good job FDB hashtagging your part in the twitter conversations with these people so it comes up on the hashtag search.

Posted by: LOLscar ()
Date: February 18, 2014 03:12AM

I just did a search for tmos1000 and it appeared that 90% of the results were all from people here. Good job everyone. I actually laughed out loud at more than a few. "Who are you? Cackle. Who are you? Cackle. Who are you? Cackle. Who are you? Cackle. Who are you? Cackle. Who are you? Cackle." That might've been my favorite.

Date: February 18, 2014 08:44AM

Pork Chop Suitcase Wrote:
> Hey, Mike kind of knew Edison...he was from New
> Jersey, which is practically in New England's back
> yard, so yeah. Mike was practically best friends
> with him, even though he's dead. Same with
> Michaelangelo, since their ancestors were both
> from Europe. At least that's how Mike will see
> it.

Mike really, really kind of knew Edison. Edison's winter lab was in Ft. Myers, which is where LFF's 1700 sq ft manse is. Mike and Edison have soooo much in common it's literally scary.

Posted by: Herp Derpinson ()
Date: February 18, 2014 08:47AM

When the reverend talked you into drinking the kool-aid and the cyanide is starting to take hold, you'll likely lash out at anyone who says "gee, was it such a great idea to drink that kool-aid?"

You'll lash out with ad-hominem attacks...such as the lovely gentleman who called FDB and M Hardin Young child molesters and animal molesters, advocated self harm then wished them to die, ironically, in the same way their beloved leader will inevitably pass.

I don't think anyone here actively wishes LFF dead. We're just pointing out the inevitable...that the creased earlobed alcoholic who ate a pork chop while in the hospital for a coronary incedent probably isn't long for this world...LFF makes jokes about it himself, as does his crew.

I predict they will claim the twitter onslaught comes from one person here. It's hard for them to believe a group of people could be so critical of the charisma of LFF.

I admit I created a Twitter account to participate because, seriously, I would never embarrass myself by admiting I give a shit to this tired, sad podcast on my regular account.

I don't think I'm a hater. It's tough love.

They will claim Twitter hashtags mean nothing...Facebook hashtags are where it's at...Facebook, which young people are abandoning in droves because it's now seen as the place where your aunt posts cutesy cat pictures. Let me put it in a way they can understand, in the form of a reference from an old movie...
Attachments:
images-52.jpeg

Date: February 18, 2014 09:14AM

The real TMOS 1000:

Pony Boy: 150
Oscar: 200
Robb: 300
Mike: 350

Posted by: Fan since 106.7 ()
Date: February 18, 2014 09:17AM

It sounds like we can expect the TMOS media blitz to be all on Wednesday. This does not diminish how impressive the efforts from this community have been.

Date: February 18, 2014 09:54AM

If nothing else we've made our voices heard. They may not like the message, but they have heard us.

Date: February 18, 2014 10:01AM

I would love for the show to blow up on social media tomorrow, but frankly the content isn't good enough to be more popular than it is now. If you don't already know these dudes, why would you start listening to some of this foolishness? I wish show 1000 was on a Thursday so we could have a mandatory birthday segment run off the new listeners.

Date: February 18, 2014 10:02AM

Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> It sounds like we can expect the TMOS media blitz
> to be all on Wednesday. This does not diminish how
> impressive the efforts from this community have
> been.

Their intent is to try to get a trend on facebook or twitter so the concentrated effort is supposed to be tomorrow, but since the 20-30 active clubbers and the people from here can't possibly produce enough activity to show on either site it should be a major waste of time for all, other than the fun of aggravating the facebook group. I will say this though, Mike has provided me with more entertainment this week than in the entire last year.

Date: February 18, 2014 10:07AM

Fan since 106.7 Wrote:
> I would love for the show to blow up on social
> media tomorrow, but frankly the content isn't good
> enough to be more popular than it is now. If you
> don't already know these dudes, why would you
> start listening to some of this foolishness? I
> wish show 1000 was on a Thursday so we could have
> a mandatory birthday segment run off the new
> listeners.

Also, we'll have to see if "Duh News" makes its return on Thursday and isn't just a bullshit one off, to cover up for the fact that show was prerecorded.

Date: February 18, 2014 10:11AM

I have to agree with Bubbyman here. The only way this will really trend is if Mike Omeara shows up somewhere with a coat hanger and a shotgun yelling Allah Akbar. My intention was simply to mess with the blind followers of Mike. Those that kiss his ass and stroke his ego in hopes that he will like them. He likes your money fools and I think you should make him put in more effort to get it.

The hashtag is fun and they may claim it is an attack but it is true. Things we have referenced happened, we didn't make that crap up. I will continue to use the hashtag until the social media blitz has ended and continue to speak the truth and promote the site that people can go and vent frustrations.

Date: February 18, 2014 10:22AM

OK, whomever did this:

Cary & Carla "We hate (hate!) the missionary position"

I tip my hat to you. This was brilliant.

Date: February 18, 2014 10:27AM

I look for a facebook push too, I mean why use a hashtag with the service that pretty much created it when you can use in a place you can ban, block and delete the users that are improperly using it. I've been a fan since about 94 and continue to listen even though this isn't even a shadow of D&M, I come and go with the show, never listened when it was TMOS on WJFK, came back to the podcast hoping it would go somewhere. Found this site about 8 months ago and was surprised I'm not the only one that still listens because occasionally I do get entertainment. What most of the clubbers don't realize is that if we didn't have hope for improvement, we would have quit paying attention by now.

Posted by: jhopkins ()
Date: February 18, 2014 10:54AM

I missed the party. May I get a recap?

Date: February 18, 2014 10:58AM

bubbyman Wrote:
> I look for a facebook push too, I mean why use a
> hashtag with the service that pretty much created
> it when you can use in a place you can ban, block
> and delete the users that are improperly using it.
> I've been a fan since about 94 and continue to
> listen even though this isn't even a shadow of
> D&M, I come and go with the show, never listened
> when it was TMOS on WJFK, came back to the podcast
> hoping it would go somewhere. Found this site
> about 8 months ago and was surprised I'm not the
> only one that still listens because occasionally I
> do get entertainment. What most of the clubbers
> don't realize is that if we didn't have hope for
> improvement, we would have quit paying attention
> by now.

I get the feeling they would rather look at the situation in very black and white terms. They are the 'WE LOVE THE SHOW' side and we are the 'WE HATE THE SHOW' side.

The problem is that's just not indicative of reality. There are levels of gray on both sides. I guarantee there are members of the TMOS Fan Club that, on some level, agree with us on some things. Likewise, there are members of FFXU that are more moderate in their dislike towards the show,and really just want to see improvement. We WANT to like the show. We want to tune in everyday and be engaged, and laugh, and be entertained. We know the show is capable of it!

TMOS Fan Club and FFXU have more in common then they think. The difference is FFXU invites everyone in for lively discussion. Speak against Dear Leader on TMOS Fan Club and get promptly banned for trolling.

Date: February 18, 2014 11:00AM

jhopkins Wrote:
> I missed the party. May I get a recap?

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=#tmos1000

We have been promoting #tmos1000 as requested.

Date: February 18, 2014 11:02AM

jhopkins Wrote:
> I missed the party. May I get a recap?

Everyone is trying to help promote the #tmos1000 and for some reason there are fan club members that don't like it.

Posted by: Puzzy Riot ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:04AM

Is it too late to get in on this twitter thing? I've got a twitter account, but no clue how to use it; never had the need. What do I do? @who? the hashtag part I get, I think.

my Twitter: ShakeYerBoobs

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:07AM

TMOS fans don't want to say anything negative, even just a little, for the fear of getting un friended/blocked by O'Meara or Spewak.

Date: February 18, 2014 11:12AM

Puzzy Riot Wrote:
> Is it too late to get in on this twitter thing?
> I've got a twitter account, but no clue how to use
> it; never had the need. What do I do? @who? the
> hashtag part I get, I think.
>
> my Twitter: ShakeYerBoobs

All you have to do is tweet something with #tmos1000 in it. That's it. Check

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23tmos1000 for examples.

Date: February 18, 2014 11:27AM

Today's social media blitz annoucement convieniently left out twitter. time to figure out instagram I guess

Posted by: OaktonWhineShop ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:27AM

Hear that? Mike comes by his degenerative back problems "genetically." His Dad had back issues, see. "That's how it works," per Mike.

Weight and lifestyle issues are non-factors.

Posted by: Herp Derpinson ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:34AM

Friday Mike said he wanted to see a "Yahoo trend." I didn't even know that was a thing. I didn't know there was still a Yahoo.

bubbyman Wrote:
> Today's social media blitz annoucement
> convieniently left out twitter. time to figure out
> instagram I guess

Posted by: #TMOS 1000 ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:39AM

I can't wait until April 1st when Mike reveals that it was all an April fools joke and that he is staying at the Shit Hut.

file.php?2,file=108812,filename=Mike-O_M

Posted by: WizoOzz ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:51AM

I've listened to the "failcast" for a few years now. I was a regular listener to D&M from about '99 through the end of the show.

I've lurked here for the better part of a year or so, and not really felt the need to post. I find it amusing how much criticism you guys for the most part give the show.

That being said, I've fallen out of any real attachment to the damned thing. It's become less entertaining than when I started listening to it - and it's become obvious to me once I heard the "move has been planned for about a year" that Buzz and Marc saw the wheels falling off, and decided to move on. Whether their pastures are greener, eh, I don't want just Buzz's news, and while I initially enjoyed MandL, I fell out of attachment to that show pretty damned fast.

I don't know if it was the frequent visits here that made me listen with a more discerning ear, or if it's me listening to other more entertaining podcasts, but I'm deciding to take a bit of time away from TMOS for a bit.

If it's around when I eventually decide to give it another chance, cool. If not, meh. At this rate, I don't think it'd surprise me if it weren't around by then.

Date: February 18, 2014 11:54AM

WizoOzz Wrote:
> I've listened to the "failcast" for a few years
> now. I was a regular listener to D&M from about
> '99 through the end of the show.
>
> I've lurked here for the better part of a year or
> so, and not really felt the need to post. I find
> it amusing how much criticism you guys for the
> most part give the show.
>
> That being said, I've fallen out of any real
> attachment to the damned thing. It's become less
> entertaining than when I started listening to it -
> and it's become obvious to me once I heard the
> "move has been planned for about a year" that Buzz
> and Marc saw the wheels falling off, and decided
> to move on. Whether their pastures are greener,
> eh, I don't want just Buzz's news, and while I
> initially enjoyed MandL, I fell out of attachment
> to that show pretty damned fast.
>
> I don't know if it was the frequent visits here
> that made me listen with a more discerning ear, or
> if it's me listening to other more entertaining
> podcasts, but I'm deciding to take a bit of time
> away from TMOS for a bit.
>
> If it's around when I eventually decide to give it
> another chance, cool. If not, meh. At this rate, I
> don't think it'd surprise me if it weren't around
> by then.

I still remember the day I stopped listening. I was sitting there, it was a nice Spring day, and I suddenly realized I had NO desire to hear the rest of the show I had been listening to. I realized I wasn't laughing, I wasn't interested, and I just...left.

Few months ago I discovered FFXU and haven't left.

Date: February 18, 2014 12:03PM

3 gifts from berries.com how popular is Mike? They all came from Kappy, I think she is trying to kill him off because she can't tell him no when he asks for another check.

Date: February 18, 2014 12:21PM

Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
>....
> I still remember the day I stopped listening. I
> was sitting there, it was a nice Spring day, and I
> suddenly realized I had NO desire to hear the rest
> of the show I had been listening to. I realized I
> wasn't laughing, I wasn't interested, and I
> just...left.
>
> Few months ago I discovered FFXU and haven't left.

The day I became an angry dissatisfied listener was the day Fuckwaddle went off on Buzz about the Space Shuttle and the geometry of standing higher up to get a better view. Not only was fuckwaddle wrong, he tried to whip out his worthless AU diploma from 30 years ago. It was then that I decided "fuck this." I now actively wish for the show to fail.

Posted by: Larry K ()
Date: February 18, 2014 12:32PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> 3 gifts from berries.com how popular is Mike? They
> all came from Kappy, I think she is trying to kill
> him off because she can't tell him no when he asks
> for another check.

He was whining like a child the other day that even though he had sent some to other people, no one had sent him any. Rob(b) immediately said that he and Oscar would order for him. I'm sure Oscar was thrilled at being voluntold for this. LFF pretended he didn't want any that way. It was pretty clearly begging for the P1's to step up and order some for him.

Hi Mike Wrote:
> Also, we'll have to see if "Duh News" makes its return on Thursday and isn't > a bullshit one off, to cover up for the fact that show was
> prerecorded.

I figured Duh News was a one off in general. How many regular segments have been promised and never happened at this point? And while I don't doubt for a second that show was pre-recorded, was there something in particular that was a tip-off?

Date: February 18, 2014 12:38PM

Herp Derpinson Wrote:
> Friday Mike said he wanted to see a "Yahoo trend."
> I didn't even know that was a thing. I didn't know
> there was still a Yahoo.
>

I imagine Oscar died a little inside when Mike said that.

Posted by: Drunk Dad ()
Date: February 18, 2014 12:40PM

Puzzy Riot Wrote:
> Curious Bob Hope Wrote:
> -----
> >....
> > I still remember the day I stopped listening. I
> > was sitting there, it was a nice Spring day, and
> I
> > suddenly realized I had NO desire to hear the
> rest
> > of the show I had been listening to. I realized
> I
> > wasn't laughing, I wasn't interested, and I
> > just...left.
> >
> > Few months ago I discovered FFXU and haven't
> left.
>
> The day I became an angry dissatisfied listener
> was the day Fuckwaddle went off on Buzz about the
> Space Shuttle and the geometry of standing higher
> up to get a better view. Not only was fuckwaddle
> wrong, he tried to whip out his worthless AU
> diploma from 30 years ago. It was then that I
> decided "fuck this." I now actively wish for the
> show to fail.

The final straw for me was Mike going out and getting drunk 4 times the week that Carla was scheduled for birth and then going out three times and getting drunk the very first week his son was born and bringing home a drunk and out of control Jimmy at 4 a.m. to sleep it off at his house with his new born.

He was out drinking for 7 out of 14 days.

Mike is just a lazy drunk, content with sitting at home and not working while his cars, house, money, and family slip through his fingers.

He doesn't give a shit, so why would a normal listener.

I figure IF anything interesting every happens, it will show up here.

Date: February 18, 2014 12:41PM

Larry K Wrote:
>
> Hi Mike Wrote:
> -----
> > Also, we'll have to see if "Duh News" makes its
> return on Thursday and isn't > a bullshit one off,
> to cover up for the fact that show was
> > prerecorded.
>
> I figured Duh News was a one off in general. How
> many regular segments have been promised and never
> happened at this point? And while I don't doubt
> for a second that show was pre-recorded, was there
> something in particular that was a tip-off?

3 things, Mike blowing snow at recording time, no live show with no excuse to regulars in chat and lack of anything topical with the Sid Caesar death tribute on Friday instead of Thursday.

Date: February 18, 2014 12:42PM

This is another reminder of the changing stories/lies Mike rolls out. Like nobody is listening! Didn't the unveil the new studio within the last year? I think it was summer time, but am certainly not sure. That would refute his assertion that they've been planning this move for about a year.

WizoOzz Wrote:
--------------------------------
> That being said, I've fallen out of any real
> attachment to the damned thing. It's become less
> entertaining than when I started listening to it -
> and it's become obvious to me once I heard the
> "move has been planned for about a year" that Buzz
> and Marc saw the wheels falling off, and decided
> to move on. Whether their pastures are greener,
> eh, I don't want just Buzz's news, and while I
> initially enjoyed MandL, I fell out of attachment
> to that show pretty damned fast.

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: February 18, 2014 12:51PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> Larry K Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Hi Mike Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Also, we'll have to see if "Duh News" makes
> its
> > return on Thursday and isn't > a bullshit one
> off,
> > to cover up for the fact that show was
> > > prerecorded.
> >
> > I figured Duh News was a one off in general.
> How
> > many regular segments have been promised and
> never
> > happened at this point? And while I don't doubt
> > for a second that show was pre-recorded, was
> there
> > something in particular that was a tip-off?
>
>
> 3 things, Mike blowing snow at recording time, no
> live show with no excuse to regulars in chat and
> lack of anything topical with the Sid Caesar death
> tribute on Friday instead of Thursday.

On the Wednesday before the snow there was a mention of "we'll have a show tomorrow, no matter what" and something like "Just like Letterman" I think it's been discussed in the past that some of the nightly talk shows record a few shows a day. Plus awkward snow talk, like they couldn't decide whether to try and conceal the fact it was pre-recorded or just admit to it. I don't get it. Transparency indeed.

Date: February 18, 2014 01:09PM

This "transparency" thing is insulting to us daily listeners. I actually don't mind some sporadic lies to protect your family or your relationship. I totally get it. Some things are sensitive. But don't be so damn intellectually insulting about it. At least maintain a consistent tall tale.

Date: February 18, 2014 01:11PM

Letterman records 2 shows on Monday and takes Friday off. Ferguson is upfront about presenting pre-recorded shows when he does it. The Tonight Show has been irrelevant for years and I don't watch Kimmel or Fallon or his replacement.

Posted by: Daily Listener ()
Date: February 18, 2014 01:23PM

I got curious, and for what it's worth, Facebook shows that the new studio was completed in early July. The show posted photos on July 9th, 2013. Time flies when you are playing newer, longer Pony Boy intros

Posted by: 1903 Vic ()
Date: February 18, 2014 01:26PM

I feel like the long Pony Boy intro could be funny if the clips were selected by somebody other than Robb. Pony Boy sadness song to jive Its Pony Time! to funnn funnn funnn? That stinks.

Posted by: AndromedaGal ()
Date: February 18, 2014 02:08PM

With all tweeting about LFF losing his house, the yard sale PS would fit in really nicely. A tribute to YoungDCian, even.

I don't have a Twitter account, can't be bothered making one, and it's not really my place to join in as a never-listener. I'm only reading the FFXU thread for the humor - funny that I've never been tempted to listen to the failcast. But I digress.

I'll be happy to locate the photo if need be. But I'd love to see it posted, if anyone is taking special requests.

Date: February 18, 2014 02:16PM

find the photos and repost them, I don't feel like searching this thread. They'll make it to twitter.

Date: February 18, 2014 02:27PM

Looks like they are in the 80's
Attachments:
Yard Fail.jpg
Failure.jpg
Panda.jpg
THQ.jpg
Mike.jpg

Date: February 18, 2014 02:33PM

Awesome, jhopkins, thanks! Some other good ones that deserve to be shared with the world.

There's a non-Spanish yard sale photo, let me find that one.

Appreciate it, bubbyman! Good work on Twitter, all of you!

Date: February 18, 2014 02:36PM

Ah, here we go
Attachments:
Yard Sale.jpg

Posted by: Sir Doctor ()
Date: February 18, 2014 02:41PM

With all the years I've listened to Mike, and also Robb in his previous role as DnM lackey, I wish I had some great arguement to bring to this table... but I really don't. I still listen if I'm having a particularly boring day at work, but frankly I feel thats more a reflection on how dull my job is moreso than a testement to the show's ability to keep me/anyone interested.

While any vitriolic or judgemental posts/efforts against the show may be complained about, I doubt any of the legitimate critiques of the show will be listened to in any fashion.

Date: February 18, 2014 02:41PM

that was the one I was waiting on... done

Date: February 18, 2014 02:44PM

You're doing God's work, bubbyman. (Thanks!)

Date: February 18, 2014 02:45PM

That was the first time I noticed the kayak in the background, somehow that just makes it funnier.

Posted by: Oscars FIVE Head ()
Date: February 18, 2014 02:52PM

Hahaha a few are starting to fight back. We must hold this line.

Date: February 18, 2014 02:56PM

What's sad is this little 'feud' has the potential to really spike ratings from TMOS...and they just ignore us. What a wasted opportunity.

Oh well. I agree, we must hold the line.

Date: February 18, 2014 02:58PM

Oscars FIVE Head Wrote:
> Hahaha a few are starting to fight back. We must
> hold this line.

Best part of that is the real asshole personal comments are all coming from one side, maybe they'll get tired and give up by the midnight start time. I'm going to start back about BOAD time tonight. I've actually been looking forward to BOAD since they went to 3 a week and cut out all the gallery time.

Date: February 18, 2014 03:10PM

I'm a Twitter lurker only, but it's really pathetic how few "fans" of the failcast were joining in the #tmos1000 thing.

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: February 18, 2014 03:11PM

It's funny listening to Mike slowly getting annoyed at Rob's interruptions and stupid shticks.

Date: February 18, 2014 03:16PM

How about Facebook? I don't use it, but I know they were pushing making sure to use public posts so it could spread. Can you comment on anyone's public posts? Or can they pre-block you?

Date: February 18, 2014 03:28PM

Facebook has open and closed (and secret) groups.

Open = anybody can post (the posts can be deleted by the mod)

Closed = you have to ask to join, but the existence of the group is public

Secret = ask to join and the existence of the group is hidden

Posted by: 1903 Vic ()
Date: February 18, 2014 03:32PM

The TMOS Twitter has over 8500 followers. Wasted resource here. I think that if they had really marshalled this resource, there could have a real groundswell of support from Twitter. Mike could be a player on Twitter. Oh well.

Posted by: peekza ()
Date: February 18, 2014 03:39PM

1903 Vic Wrote:
> The TMOS Twitter has over 8500 followers. Wasted
> resource here. I think that if they had really
> marshalled this resource, there could have a real
> groundswell of support from Twitter. Mike could be
> a player on Twitter. Oh well.

Too bad Mike thinks Twitter is just a place to put your FB links

Date: February 18, 2014 04:28PM

peekza Wrote:
> 1903 Vic Wrote:
> -----
> > The TMOS Twitter has over 8500 followers.
> Wasted
> > resource here. I think that if they had really
> > marshalled this resource, there could have a
> real
> > groundswell of support from Twitter. Mike could
> be
> > a player on Twitter. Oh well.
>
>
> Too bad Mike thinks Twitter is just a place to put
> your FB links

But I bet the failcast kicks ass on MySpace.

Posted by: Funnier Than TMOS ()
Date: February 18, 2014 04:30PM

Hi Mike Wrote:
> The real TMOS 1000:
>
> Pony Boy: 150
> Oscar: 200
> Robb: 300
> Mike: 350

This is funnier than the show has been in a long time.

Posted by: Holden McNeill ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:19PM

fairfaxunderground.com=moviepoopshoot.com

“a site populated by militant radio buffs, sad, pathetic, little bastards living in their parent’s basements, downloading podcasts and what they think is inside information about shows and hosts they claim to despise, but can’t stop discussing.”

Date: February 18, 2014 06:22PM

bubbyman Wrote:
> How about Facebook? I don't use it, but I know
> they were pushing making sure to use public posts
> so it could spread. Can you comment on anyone's
> public posts? Or can they pre-block you?

They just closed the privacy of the group. If that isn't pre-blocking, I don't know what is. Meanwhile, we continue to operate in the open because what the fans don't understand is that they aren't bothering us half as much as we're bothering them. Hi guys!

So for those who can't see it, here's a post from about an hour ago:

"Let me try again: where the hell are the real fans of this show during the social media blitz? Do you guys even care about what shows up when you search #tmos1000 hashtag? I won't post a screenshot, but seriously guys.."

Yeah, I know what shows up. Posts about soup-scented offices and seagulls at sunset. Meaning the "real" fans don't even have anything to say about the show. I find that amaaaaaaazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 06:29PM by Disgruntled OMearican.

Posted by: Overt Operative ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:27PM

Holden McNeill Wrote:
> fairfaxunderground.com=moviepoopshoot.com
>
> “a site populated by militant radio buffs, sad,
> pathetic, little bastards living in their
> parent’s basements, downloading podcasts and
> what they think is inside information about shows
> and hosts they claim to despise, but can’t stop
> discussing.”

How do I "download inside information"? And, it's "poop chute", dumbass.

Posted by: Blobb Spewack ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:29PM

What I love about twitter is the anonymity. I can spew hate and no one can stop me since no one knows who I really am!

Internet tough guys unite!

Date: February 18, 2014 06:32PM

Blobb Spewack Wrote:
> What I love about twitter is the anonymity. I can
> spew hate and no one can stop me since no one
> knows who I really am!
>
> Internet tough guys unite!

Salute!!! In fairness though even the fans post in anominity. How many eggs and other pics are you seeing?

Posted by: Jason Mewes ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:32PM

Actually it is poopshoot, google machine will tell ya that.

Date: February 18, 2014 06:34PM

Oh man, I love the original concept of us "living in our parent's basement", clever. You probably enjoy the birthday segment don't you? This is a forum that we can vent our frustrations and even talk about some positives on the show. There are no private groups here, no secrecy and no moderator that holds the keys and blocks all who oppose the mighty leader. We are all fans or former fans of the show. I appreciate your input and I look forward to you visiting again.

Date: February 18, 2014 06:47PM

They are turning to the dark side
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Date: February 18, 2014 06:55PM

Oscars FIVE Head Wrote:
> They are turning to the dark side

Yes! Let the hate flow through you!

Date: February 18, 2014 06:58PM

One of those pussies reported my fake account for abuse. Seems that they can complain if you reply to a poster. Just avoid retweeting or including someone's handle in your post. So don't include @Imblowingomeara or whatever their name is in your post and they don't have a basis to complain. But once the user name is included then itt becomes a personal attack. I'm just going to continue to post commentary without the links etc.

Date: February 18, 2014 07:02PM

Mike D Wrote:
> One of those pussies reported my fake account for
> abuse. Seems that they can complain if you reply
> to a poster. Just avoid retweeting or including
> someone's handle in your post. So don't include
> @Imblowingomeara or whatever their name is in your
> post and they don't have a basis to complain. But
> once the user name is included then itt becomes a
> personal attack. I'm just going to continue to
> post commentary without the links etc.

Thanks for the heads up! #teamwork

Posted by: Overt Operative ()
Date: February 18, 2014 07:04PM

For a podcast dl'd in over 100 countries, there doesn't seem to be many representatives abroad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 07:06PM by Overt Operative.
Attachments:
wheres the fans.JPG

Date: February 18, 2014 07:12PM

My account has been suspended from twitter.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack ()
Date: February 18, 2014 07:15PM

For you.
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.09.59 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.10.18 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.10.28 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.10.40 PM.PNG

Date: February 18, 2014 07:15PM

M Hardin Young Wrote:
> My account has been suspended from twitter.

Is this the first time? Because they did it to me, but all I did was click the yellow window that had the suspension notice in it, and it tok me to a page that basically said I had to behave in regards to responding to people. So I checked 2 boxes that said I understood and I was back in business.

I saw that you were getting into some good back and forth pissing contests and I was surprised it didn't happen to you earlier. It was fun to read though.

Date: February 18, 2014 07:19PM

M Hardin Young Wrote:
> My account has been suspended from twitter.

Bastards! Did that remove all your previous tweets?

Date: February 18, 2014 08:03PM

I think all of my previous tweets came back up, which is good because I really want to promote the podcast. Every post here is money in Mike's pocket.

Date: February 18, 2014 08:15PM

M Hardin Young Wrote:
> I think all of my previous tweets came back up,
> which is good because I really want to promote the
> podcast. Every post here is money in Mike's
> pocket.

I could still see all of your previous posts even after you posted here that you'd been suspended. You should be good to go!

Insulting these idiots isn't even sporting. Making fun of folks with Stockholm syndrome isn't much of a challenge.

I'm honestly baffled by the hypocrisy. Mike can rant about how much Jimmy Fallon sucks yet he's never watched it, but no one better DARE to criticize his program in any way. He spent DECADES making fun of the Today Show, Ann Curry, Jack Diamond etc. He can throw rocks but you'd better not throw back.

Fucking pussy.

Date: February 18, 2014 08:29PM

My favorite part of the screenshot above "then we have some sleuthin' to do". That and the complete assertion that just because we want to voice an opinion of the show, we must hate it and we don't want the hashtag to succeed.

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack RULES!!!! ()
Date: February 18, 2014 08:49PM

Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
> For you.

file.php?2,file=121900,filename=Screen_Sfile.php?2,file=121901,filename=Screen_S

Oh shit that is funny!!!!

Thank you for that Blobb, you fucking rule over those bitches! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Posted by: Blobb Spewsack again ()
Date: February 18, 2014 09:02PM

Blobb Spewsack RULES!!!! Wrote:
> Blobb Spewsack Wrote:
> -----
> > For you.
>
>
> "http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?
> 2,file=121900,filename=Screen_Shot_2014-02-18_at_7
> .10.18_PM.PNG" />
>
> "http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?
> 2,file=121901,filename=Screen_Shot_2014-02-18_at_7
> .10.28_PM.PNG" />
>
>
>
> Oh shit that is funny!!!!
>
> Thank you for that Blobb, you fucking rule over
> those bitches! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Everyone else is kicking ass as well!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Date: February 18, 2014 09:09PM

Listening to BOAD, Oscar almost understands, they, like the clubbers are stuck on jealousy and hatred, I guess its a jump to think that disappointment in something you once liked is a great motivator.

Pages: PreviousFirst...323324325326327328329330331332333...LastNext
Current Page: 328 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.