HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 17, 2008 09:31PM

No Meara Wrote:
>>> Who is Meade Skelton?

LOL, you must be new here. Meade Skelton is an amateur country musician from Richmond that used to post on FU frequently. His music was generally awful, and the details he shared about his personal life and career were downright embarrassing. He was very narcissistic and thought he was a major talent, which added to the unintended humor he brought here. WashingTone's analogy- "jewish meade skelton"- is great. It's basically saying that Peter Rosenberg is a failure that makes a conscious effort to deny it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Daniels ()
Date: October 18, 2008 01:54PM

A once great show reduced to mediocre banality. What a pity. Mike O'Meara is a talentless load, This awful show should have been cancelled months ago. Absolutely pathetic.

Posted by: Samuel Adams ()
Date: October 18, 2008 02:42PM

I used to listen almost every day, now it's down to once a week. And then I turn it off, it has become something the old show would lampoon. No surprise here about the falling ratings.

Posted by: justin ()
Date: October 20, 2008 05:03PM

Shows isnt as funny as D&M and its on a crappy AM here in Reno. Still good for a chuckle every once in a while.... and i like how the same peeps post under different names just to bash mike lol. we get it. you dont like show. now i will reword this and post it 100 times in case it was skimmed through.

Posted by: somebody else ()
Date: October 20, 2008 05:03PM

I hate MOS

Posted by: nobody else ()
Date: October 20, 2008 05:04PM

I love MOS

Posted by: puckett ()
Date: October 20, 2008 07:59PM

backstabber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that Omeara took over a 60% pay slash when
> Don G left. Economics were big bucks for the two
> of them, but Omeara alone is showing that CBS
> radio is getting what they paid for.

Sounds about right. On their best day, Mike and company are 40% as entertaining as the old show used to be.

Posted by: Ruth ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:14PM

puckett Wrote:

>
> Don't be duped, Ruth... You can bet management is
> leaning on the staffs of all three shows to
> support each other, "synergize," be visible and
> put on the "one big happy WJFK family" face.
>
> I can imagine the Junkies and Big O & Dukes taking
> to this a little more naturally, and not needing
> to be beaten over the head with it by Kinard and
> Hughes. Their crosstalk actually sounds somewhat
> natural.
>
> But what do you suppose those two shows think when
> they're told they need to give a crap about Mike's
> show and what he's doing? It's like being told to
> smile as you strap a one-ton anchor to your
> ankles.

I beg to differ. I think Chad is COMPLETELY starstruck by Mike. He has been a fan for years and seems to feel priviliged to have a chance to rub elbows with him. The Junkies don't seem as happy, but we will see how that all pans out.

Posted by: BAM ()
Date: October 21, 2008 09:47PM

Leave it to TMOS to take a discussion about beer (my absolutely favorite subject), and turn it into a borefest!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: October 22, 2008 01:40PM

Wonder why Don pulled his $1.6m spread in Great Falls off the market? Maybe he cant take the TMOS and is coming back.......

Posted by: Jenny L ()
Date: October 23, 2008 10:29AM

How many more fake games will Mike play where he already knows the answers to the questions. How fake!

Posted by: Robbaay ()
Date: October 23, 2008 10:44AM

The only thing missing from the MOS format is a book club and recipe exchange. It already feels like the Oprah O'meara Show.............

Posted by: JR ()
Date: October 23, 2008 11:00AM

I hope Don comes back, but I bet he took it down for market reasons. Oct Nov and Dec are the worst months to sell a house, let alone in this market. And I bet, even if he comes back, he still sells the house, he said there are too many memories there and needs to move on to another place.

Date: October 23, 2008 11:09AM

Don Geronimo's house is pretty damn ugly.

Posted by: Ramone ()
Date: October 23, 2008 06:54PM

I feel sorry for anyone who's allowed themselves to settle for that unfunny crap on terrestrial radio. Elliot in the Morning is by far one of the most awful things I ever put myself through. From the promos where Elliot has this loud ass, stupid obnoxious laugh at the end of something that wasn't funny, their wild and wacky morning zoo motto "smell my face!!", to the boring and never insightful cast, it's shown me just why it is we get people who complain about shows that ARE edgy and funny. When you're forced to belief that shows like Elliot's are funny, your brain subconsciously accepts it as such and you become programmed to laugh at things that are so far below the standard of any other comedic platform. It's PAINFULLY unfunny, seriously. Are people just not going into radio these days? THIS is the talent?

Date: October 23, 2008 11:23PM

Ramone Wrote:
> Are people
> just not going into radio these days? THIS is the
> talent?

New talent has been trying to break into the industry for years. Aside from mammoth contracts for existing "talent" keeping the available pay locked up, management is simply gun-shy about violating ambiguous FCC rules (which would result in even MORE money gone), particularly in the format and demographics that WJFK shoots for.

Management sticks with the current crop of walking, talking sleep aids because they're SAFE. They've been so beaten down and scared (by the possibility of personal financial liability if an FCC indecency fine is levied), that they've edited the "listenability" right out of their own shows.

I don't think someone has to work "raunchy" or spew political rhetoric to be entertaining or to pull big ratings, but terrestrial radio's general managers are so hung up on finding "the next Howard Stern" that they've gone numb to the other possibilities. This reduced range of role models for new broadcasters as they enter the market is going to ensure that terrestrial radio continues to tank. It's all just stale re-hashes of the familiar, degrading in quality with each generation.

Again, these observations are pretty specific to the "guy talk" format...YMMV.

Posted by: No Meara ()
Date: October 24, 2008 09:18AM

puckett Wrote:
> New talent has been trying to break into the
> industry for years. Aside from mammoth contracts
> for existing "talent" keeping the available pay
> locked up, management is simply gun-shy about
> violating ambiguous FCC rules (which would result
> in even MORE money gone), particularly in the
> format and demographics that WJFK shoots for.

RIGHT,RIGHT..

WJFK are fools for apying O'Meara what he's getting. If station mangement had any guts, they'd cut expenses by canning MOS, moving O and Dukes to afternoons and then take a little risk with the midday slot on an unknown like they did with Peter Rosenberg few back. Rosenbergs show stunk, but a lot of us were willing to give him a chance as we would with other unknowns..

O'Meara? Let him be the "senior face" of WJFK and guest on the good shows like the Junks,O and Dukes on rare occasions. As a second fiddle he's not so bad. Let him be like WJFKS version of a WalMart greeter.

Posted by: Only fan? ()
Date: October 26, 2008 01:55AM

I don't know what the hell is wrong with all of you. The Mike O'Meara Show was sketchy at best when it started...but it's gone on to take a life of its own. You don't like it? Don't listen. Find something else to listen to. But if you really think the show isn't funny, I feel sorry for you

Date: October 26, 2008 09:55PM

Seems like a huge chunk of the DC audience is taking your advice, skippy.

Here's an idea...explain to us how burping on mic, annoying 20 year olds all talking at the same time, and a 50 year old guy trying to be 'hip" is funny.

Only fan? Wrote:
> I don't know what the hell is wrong with all of
> you. The Mike O'Meara Show was sketchy at best
> when it started...but it's gone on to take a life
> of its own. You don't like it? Don't listen. Find
> something else to listen to. But if you really
> think the show isn't funny, I feel sorry for you

Posted by: yes you are ()
Date: October 26, 2008 10:30PM

YES YOU ARE the only fan. Come up with a better retort than the don't listen argument. Rather you tell OMeara to turn up the funny, if he can.

Posted by: Usetobefan ()
Date: October 27, 2008 10:54AM

I desperately scanned the AM and FM stations on my drive home the other day, only to find that the only other talk shows are either on stations with weak transmitters (poor reception), or political shows that were painfully boring. Hence, there is little else to choose from and we're forced to tune into the MOS. At least this forum gives us a platform to express our frustrations and disappointment.......

Posted by: bob the plumber ()
Date: October 27, 2008 12:09PM

THAT'S exactly my complaint...it HAS become a 3rd rate policitical show

Posted by: stuttutterer ()
Date: October 27, 2008 04:57PM

bob the plumber Wrote:
> THAT'S exactly my complaint...it HAS become a 3rd
> rate policitical show

I wonder if that's anything like a "political" show. Or if the extra syllable makes it worse.

Posted by: Fuck DC ()
Date: October 27, 2008 05:25PM

there's plenty of fans out of DC that can keep this show going so fuck you all if you can't appreciate the show for what it is

Posted by: shutthehellup1 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 07:45PM

tHANK YOU!SOMEONE HAD 2 SAY IT .I'M TIRED OF ALL THESE HATERS BITCHING ABOUT TMOS.

Date: October 28, 2008 03:17PM

Fuck DC Wrote:
> there's plenty of fans out of DC that can keep
> this show going so fuck you all if you can't
> appreciate the show for what it is

The syndication deal doesn't bring in enough money for this show to stay on the air. It relies on advertising in the DC market. Fuck flyoverville.

Posted by: SPalin ()
Date: October 28, 2008 03:56PM

News, book reviews, and games. Sounds like the Regis O'meara and Kathie Lee Burbank show!!!!!! Jack Diamond is officially less bogus and more entertaining than MO. Im going to jump off a bridge............

Date: October 28, 2008 10:06PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Fuck DC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > there's plenty of fans out of DC that can keep
> > this show going so fuck you all if you can't
> > appreciate the show for what it is
>
>
> The syndication deal doesn't bring in enough money
> for this show to stay on the air. It relies on
> advertising in the DC market. Fuck flyoverville.

WTL, I actually think this fool is exemplifying the all-too-common (but still incorrect) usage of the English language that makes "out of" logically equivalent to "in."

So, "fans out of DC" really means "fans who are located in DC," and is logically opposed to "fans outside of DC."

Sound weird? Like I said, it's wrong. As for his name (Fuck DC), I just think he's angry and needs an outlet. We should all be pleased to provide it for him, as failing to do so would probably result in another violent crime somewhere in the Capitol region.

Posted by: Ugh ()
Date: October 29, 2008 12:23PM

Omarosa? Seriously?

They should get Richard Hatch while he is still white hot.

Posted by: MeToo ()
Date: October 30, 2008 11:01AM

I think Mike Omeara has finally found his comfort zone. If anyone heard him this am (bright and early) on the Junkies, he actually sounded good as the fifth banana.... As many of us have said time and time again, Mike is out of his realm being the lead talent; throw him into an ensemble cast where he can take on a support role, he is actually quite funny..............

Posted by: taz ()
Date: October 30, 2008 03:00PM

Hey f-sticks, change the channel if the show is so bad. At least the show is still
funny. Don is gone, get over it r-tards. There is still only so much b.s. talk shows you can listen to for more than a couple of hours

Posted by: Cindy ()
Date: October 30, 2008 04:38PM

taz Wrote:
> Hey f-sticks, change the channel if the show is so
> bad. At least the show is still
> funny. Don is gone, get over it r-tards. There is
> still only so much b.s. talk shows you can listen
> to for more than a couple of hours

Is "f-stick" suppose to be a funny comment? Is that a lame attempt by the show to make up some humor. What a bunch D-bags!

Date: October 31, 2008 12:48AM

taz Wrote:
> Hey f-sticks, change the channel if the show is so
> bad. At least the show is still
> funny. Don is gone, get over it r-tards. There is
> still only so much b.s. talk shows you can listen
> to for more than a couple of hours

"At least the show is still
funny."-Which parts? The endless belching into the microphone, or the endless interviews?

"get over it r-tards."-Anyone who uses the term "r-tard" shouldn't throw the R word around too much.

"There is still only so much b.s. talk shows you can listen
to for more than a couple of hours"-Who listens to the Mike O'Meara Show? Apparently people so fucking illiterate that they can't properly structure a sentence.

Posted by: mikumsmorkum ()
Date: November 01, 2008 09:19AM

mike o and company spent an entire break the other day listening to flubs by local tv anchors. sometime ought to remind mike of his national syndication deal, even if it is 1/4 of the d&m shows deal. i live here, know the anchors, still thought it was a terrible break.

big o and dukes are much less contrived and deserve a better time slot.

Posted by: Freddy ()
Date: November 01, 2008 10:50AM

Mike O'Meara's halloween show SUCK! HOW FRICKIN' BORING! I haven't tuned in for about a month and thought I would see how the halloween show would go. GOD THAT SUCK.

Posted by: reality time! ratings ()
Date: November 05, 2008 02:45PM

according to dcrtv.com, the Sept arbitron ratings (first with personal people meters, much more accurate than old mail in diaries) have WJFK in:

LAST PLACE (20th)

Lets all wait for the breakouts for the incredible lack of ratings for the Omeara show. mornings and afternoons will be posted later today.

Posted by: Sid at WBEY ()
Date: November 05, 2008 03:55PM

Hey Reality Time! Ratings:

On the dcrtv.com site - Where can you view the Sept arbiton ratings? I'm excited to see Mike O'Meara's ratings so low.

Posted by: diamond david ()
Date: November 05, 2008 04:10PM

All of the stations over-all ratings are on the front page at DCRTV.com

Posted by: daniel ()
Date: November 06, 2008 08:38AM

Personal People Meters are a vastly more accurate ratings info tool.

Not only does it show the true breakdown of the marketplace, it changes the
radio landscape.

WJFK is a prime example. Diary method: middle to above middle ranking
PPM method: dead last

WPGC Diary Method: 2nd
PPM Method: 7th

It's a new day with real time ratings, and WJFK is sunk.

Posted by: AMF ()
Date: November 06, 2008 10:43AM

I do have to say that even with the miserable WJFK ratings, I hope nothing happens to the Junkies and Big O & Dukes. At least these shows are entertaining. The MOM show is sinking the entire line-up....... Mike was quick to wallow in the good ratings and brought them up constantly during the show. Let's see how he now handles the crappy ratings. My guess is that he ignores them and doesnt mention them. At least Don would make fun of them and even make up jingles for the show when they were in 15th place.....

Date: November 06, 2008 10:55AM

daniel Wrote:
> Personal People Meters are a vastly more accurate
> ratings info tool.
>
> Not only does it show the true breakdown of the
> marketplace, it changes the
> radio landscape.
>
> WJFK is a prime example. Diary method: middle to
> above middle ranking
> PPM method: dead last
>
> WPGC Diary Method: 2nd
> PPM Method: 7th
>
> It's a new day with real time ratings, and WJFK is
> sunk.

The People Meters have spoken. Mike O'Meara needs to go. Michael Hughes can go with him.

Posted by: jonofpu ()
Date: November 08, 2008 11:08AM

has anyone notice when they have some sort of a celb. the only thing mike does is laughing. the show is still one of the best on the radio but god damn he kisses ass like no other.

Date: November 10, 2008 02:58PM

jonofpu Wrote:
> has anyone notice when they have some sort of a
> celb. the only thing mike does is laughing. the
> show is still one of the best on the radio but god
> damn he kisses ass like no other.

Did you listen to his interview with the gal who wrote the Sookie Stackhouse books and "True Blood" series on HBO? (About Southern Vampires in Louisiana). He was fawning all over her, telling her how great the books and series were, etc. Then, the more you listen, you realized he had never read any of the books or watched the series. It was like WTF??

If Don had been doing the interview, the first questions he would have asked were, "So when did you get the idea to rip off Anne Rice and Buffy the Vampire Slayer?" "Do you feel sorry for not having an original thought?"

God, I miss Don.

Posted by: JP ()
Date: November 12, 2008 12:10PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> jonofpu Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > has anyone notice when they have some sort of a
> > celb. the only thing mike does is laughing.
> the
> > show is still one of the best on the radio but
> god
> > damn he kisses ass like no other.
>
>
> Did you listen to his interview with the gal who
> wrote the Sookie Stackhouse books and "True Blood"
> series on HBO? (About Southern Vampires in
> Louisiana). He was fawning all over her, telling
> her how great the books and series were, etc.
> Then, the more you listen, you realized he had
> never read any of the books or watched the series.
> It was like WTF??
>
> If Don had been doing the interview, the first
> questions he would have asked were, "So when did
> you get the idea to rip off Anne Rice and Buffy
> the Vampire Slayer?" "Do you feel sorry for not
> having an original thought?"
>
> God, I miss Don.

You must not EVER listen to the show. He watches the series religiously. He talks about it to the point where I am tired of hearing about it.
The books I think he was fluffing about...I don't think he knew that there were differences between the books and the series. As far as ripping off other authors etc...Technically they are ALL ripping off Bram Stoker, if anyone has claim to vampires, it is him.
It would be nice if people would not struggle to find ways to criticize Mike! And if Don is so wonderful, why did he get fired from a POS station in OC?

Posted by: Bunk Rogers ()
Date: November 12, 2008 12:37PM

The first work of this show was promising but it has gotten to the point where I feel so embarrassed for them its impossible for me to listen any longer. It seems to me that they took what used to be filler material and are now basing their entire show on it.

I genuinely like the cast members but the show ranks slightly above its own commercials when it comes to entertainment value.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: November 12, 2008 03:30PM

I do enjoy the way Mike fancies himself an expert on any given topic. Today he is a financial expert. This coming from a dude who's restaurant tanked and he is now stuck with the land on which it stands.......

Date: November 12, 2008 03:58PM

JP Wrote:

>
>
> You must not EVER listen to the show.

I think that has been the theme of this thread for quite some time.

Date: November 12, 2008 04:00PM

Mike Wrote:
> I do enjoy the way Mike fancies himself an expert
> on any given topic. Today he is a financial
> expert. This coming from a dude who's restaurant
> tanked and he is now stuck with the land on which
> it stands.......

I hadn't heard that. Are you referring to the lease? He surely didn't buy the space. Or did he?

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: November 13, 2008 11:38AM

From the comments he's made on air, it sound like he owns the structure in which the Restaurant operated from......

Date: November 17, 2008 03:23PM

Mike Wrote:
> From the comments he's made on air, it sound like
> he owns the structure in which the Restaurant
> operated from......

It's a shopping center. I doubt he owns it.

However, the guy obviously isn't a master of finance given how he ran his restaurant and pub. Not that it is an easy field to turn a profit in. But just because you like eating and hanging out in bars doesn't mean you should own one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2008 03:29PM by WashingToneLocian.

Date: November 17, 2008 03:25PM

The numbers don't lie....

"In the overall age 12+ numbers, WJFK's morning Junkies placed 18th and afternooner Mike O'Meara 20th."

That is horrendous. Stations that have some 20-something idiot making $75K a year are cleaning O'Meara's clock.

Posted by: told ya so ()
Date: November 17, 2008 04:21PM

Hows last place taste, Omeara?

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: November 17, 2008 04:33PM

told ya so Wrote:
> Hows last place taste, Omeara?

Probably tastes the same way the food did at his restaurant.

Date: November 17, 2008 04:39PM

Full rankings:

Week 2 of November, full-week, age 12+: 1) WTOP, 2) WAMU, 3) WASH, 4) WIHT, 5) WGTS and WRQX, 7) WWDC, 8) WHUR, 9) WKYS, 10) WETA-FM, 11) WMMJ and WPGC, 13) WPRS, 14) WMAL, 15) WMZQ, 16) WTGB and WBIG, 18) WTEM, 19) WJZW and WLZL, 21) WJFK, 22) WBJC and WFLS, 24) WAVA and WBQB, 26) WLIF, WIYY, WTNT, WPFW, WYCB, and WWMX.

Date: November 17, 2008 05:38PM

Does anyone know if there's a transition period (between diaries and PPMs) that needs to be taken into account when reviewing these numbers...or do they immediately reflect the impact of the new measurement method?

Date: November 17, 2008 06:14PM

puckett Wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a transition period
> (between diaries and PPMs) that needs to be taken
> into account when reviewing these numbers...or do
> they immediately reflect the impact of the new
> measurement method?

It's a different methodology. However, considering that certain stations like WTOP, WASH, etc, are still highly rated, it makes me think that PPM is close enough to work for the industry. WJFK may try to dismiss the PPM, but diaries are not accurate. That's why Nielsen abandoned them years ago and uses technology similar to PPM.

Posted by: radio guy ()
Date: November 17, 2008 06:25PM

The PPMs quoted in DCRTV are for the first week in November. FAST results!

Posted by: Should Have Listened ()
Date: November 17, 2008 06:32PM

Should have listened to your core audience mike. Last place sucks bitch. You blew it Golden Boy. Lazy = failure.

Posted by: Choke on the Chicken ()
Date: November 17, 2008 06:39PM

Mike is in LAST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JackDiamond ()
Date: November 18, 2008 03:46PM

Mike:

PLEASE comment on your ratings!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 18, 2008 04:24PM

So the O'Meara show is a lousy, last-place local talk show. So can someone PLEASE explain to me why this POS is still nationally syndicated?

??

Date: November 18, 2008 04:25PM

It's pretty sad when that burned out radio whore Jack Diamond is crushing O'Meara and The Junkies in the ratings. Of course, the station fires everyone except Michael Hughes. God forbid he couldn't be responsible for the disastrous performance of the two stations he manages (the other being The Globe).

Posted by: Fered Mertz ()
Date: November 18, 2008 09:17PM

When Don left they had about 25-30 affiliates. Mike now has seven. (7)
That's not nationally syndicated.
It's leftovers at Westwood One, a company dumped by the NYSE today as their
stock could not generate a dollar a share.

He just also sucks in Wichita, Kansas or Portland, Maine.

But DC has to be the worst. End of the year and he is shit-canned.

Date: November 18, 2008 09:27PM

From today's Washington Post live chat...

Purcellville, Va.: Paul, what do the PPM numbers mean for WJFK? They have seen a massive slide and I am distraught at the idea that the Junkies and the Big O and Dukes could go away. Is the format dying in general with the new system or do you think there will be a bounce back at some point?

Paul Farhi: There's a place for "hot talk," or whatever the industry phrase for WJFK's guy talk is these days. It's just not as big a place as we once thought. Which means, as one local radio guy told me recently, it will be hard for CBS/WJFK to keep paying big money to "talent" that really isn't drawing what they thought it was.

...Looks like Mike is going the way of O'Meara's Pub and The Junkies are going to have to dust off their Toys R Us applications (seriously, who would hire any of The Junkies outside of their show?)

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: November 19, 2008 01:59AM

Everytime I went buy O'Meara's, it looked like a freestanding building, not a shopping center. That used to be a frequent occurrence for me.

Date: November 19, 2008 09:52AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Everytime I went buy O'Meara's, it looked like a
> freestanding building, not a shopping center.
> That used to be a frequent occurrence for me.

It's the shopping center just below the star on the map...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=O%27Meara%27s+Restaurant+%26+Pub&city=Manassas&state=VA&address=8971+Center+St&zipcode=20110&country=US&latitude=38.751574&longitude=-77.467761&geocode=ADDRESS&id=2494637#a/maps/l:O%27Meara%27s+Restaurant+&+Pub:8971+Center+St:Manassas:VA:20110:US:38.751574:-77.467761:address::1/m:hyb:12:38.751574:-77.467761:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

It's not a big shopping center, but it is one.

Posted by: Bye 2 KHTK ()
Date: November 19, 2008 11:46AM

KHTK is considering dropping the Mike O'Meara show.

Posted by: brainlessmonkeyboy ()
Date: November 19, 2008 12:06PM

Bye 2 KHTK Wrote:
> KHTK is considering dropping the Mike O'Meara
> show.

What's your source? I certainly hope it's true.

Date: November 19, 2008 01:11PM

Bye 2 KHTK Wrote:
> KHTK is considering dropping the Mike O'Meara
> show.

KHTK share Winter 08 (when Don was still on): 3.2

KHTK share in Summer 08 (with just Mike): 1.5

Wow! Mike O'Meara, the station killer!

Posted by: Old Fan ()
Date: November 19, 2008 04:22PM

It is interesting to read the posts on this site everyday. It's obvious that there are many people that are excited that Mike O'Meara doing poorly and his ratings hitting the bricks.

I think that if Mike O'Meara was a likeable person in this community that everyone would be upset. This is clearly the issue. Anyone who knows Mike personally knows what an a-hole he is and how he has screwed the very people that have cared about him and has supported his career over the years. The excitement on this website is amazing - those new fans in the area just now tuning in his show haven't got a clue why people want him to fail. Just meet Mike and you will know.

Date: November 19, 2008 04:45PM

Old Fan Wrote:
> It is interesting to read the posts on this site
> everyday. It's obvious that there are many people
> that are excited that Mike O'Meara doing poorly
> and his ratings hitting the bricks.
>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?schade01.wav=schadenfreude

Posted by: Mike's concience ()
Date: November 19, 2008 05:15PM

Nice to hear Mike throw Don under the bus today when a caller said the show had lost it's edge.

Hey Mike, sure you hated that "edgy" stuff Mr big mouth Don did, right?

How's your ratings and your tiny 'reworked' contract?

What an ungrateful asshole who chooses to rewrite history.

Date: November 19, 2008 07:04PM

Mike's concience Wrote:
> Nice to hear Mike throw Don under the bus today
> when a caller said the show had lost it's edge.

I just listened back to that segment -- god, what a train wreck.

Granted the caller wasn't the most articulate about the point he was trying to make (harping too long on the "some of my best friends are Black people" angle rather than sticking to "the show has lost its edge, and here are exhibits a, b and c to illustrate"), but Mike twisted it around and turned him into a Don Imus-style racist.

God forbid he acknowledge that his show is still rudderless (neither good nor bad, just really bland and lacking conviction in any particular direction...unless you count left-leaning politics). Ugh ugh ugh.

Mike, you're a coward. Stop shouting your listeners down and start being honest with us. Honest about your life (which might actually be interesting, if the occasional anecdote actually made the air), or honest about the performance of your show in afternoon drive.

Posted by: former wjfk employee ()
Date: November 19, 2008 07:54PM

Just heard the segment via podcast.

Can he get any more defensive?

Yeah, things were different with Geronimo, O'Meara.
The show was funny and delivered ratings.

What a horrible legacy for a once great show.

Date: November 20, 2008 10:20AM

You guys should read the "Radio Gods" forum. Sounds like a lot of former O'Meara Show homers are jumping ship, especially after his response to that caller last night.

Date: November 20, 2008 11:35AM

At this point I don't even want to see Don reunited with Mike. Mike has proven himself such a phoney and an asshole while flying solo, I don't think he has a shred of cred as a performer or an honest on air personality. He's an arrogant fuck who took the gravy train and the listeners who put him there for granted.O'Meara: What's hot yesterday is COLD tomorrow. You are too old, politically biased and shallow.Eva Braun sucked a bullet along with her hubby- you are like a worthless dog that cannot live without it's master. Hang it up....

Don should get his head together and do a new show w/o Mike. Maybe give Robb a little sidekick work, keep Buzz and his hippie drivel in the far background and maybe get a new female with a more sincere radio presence than BethAnn.

I haven't listened in MONTHS!! When I finally find out O'Meara's been cancelled, it'll be by reading it here or dcrtv.com.

Posted by: what he said ()
Date: November 20, 2008 12:12PM

AMEN!
Will someone send that message to Omeara? He needs to read it good!

Date: November 20, 2008 04:37PM

Mike O'Meara predicts his future...

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: November 20, 2008 11:04PM

wow, those guys aren't even funny in private.

Date: November 21, 2008 09:22AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> wow, those guys aren't even funny in private.

No doubt. Robb's fake bellowing makes my skin crawl. It's lame. If I were around my friends and someone made a joke like Mike did, we'd bust his balls...which would be infinitely funnier.

Posted by: Lame ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:10AM

What kind of nerd (Rob) takes a video camera to a lunching and then takes the time and effort to post that drivel on the web. Did they really think that was funny and worth the effort? That clip pretty much sums up the show - Lame.

Date: November 21, 2008 10:28AM

Lame Wrote:
> What kind of nerd (Rob) takes a video camera to a
> lunching and then takes the time and effort to
> post that drivel on the web. Did they really
> think that was funny and worth the effort? That
> clip pretty much sums up the show - Lame.

You think that's bad. Try sitting through this...

Date: November 21, 2008 10:45AM

If that wasn't for the public then you would see a very drunk egotistical d-bag. My girlfriend continues to hate him after the way he treated her at a WJFK event. (And she is very difficult to piss off, I know because she puts up with me)

Date: November 21, 2008 11:12AM

Jester Wrote:
> If that wasn't for the public then you would see a
> very drunk egotistical d-bag. My girlfriend
> continues to hate him after the way he treated her
> at a WJFK event. (And she is very difficult to
> piss off, I know because she puts up with me)

I started out working in radio. If it is any consolation, I never met any DJ who wasn't a drunk, egotistical d-bag. It think that is the personality profile that comes with the position.

Date: November 21, 2008 11:29AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> I started out working in radio. If it is any
> consolation, I never met any DJ who wasn't a
> drunk, egotistical d-bag. It think that is the
> personality profile that comes with the position.

We've met Elliot, Roach, the Junkie's, Litty, Greaseman and none of them were a d-bag like O'meara. We should of figured he was an ass when no so called "fans" at the event wanted to talk to him.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 21, 2008 12:34PM

Jester Wrote:
> We've met Elliot...

We met? Sorry, I'm too busy with my morning show to remember everyone.

Posted by: Joe the plummer ()
Date: November 21, 2008 01:55PM

There was one thing good about the clip.... got too the see what the old fart is banging..... me likee what me see..... num yummy

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: November 21, 2008 02:27PM

of course, if the show gets cancelled, I suspect Mike's arm candy will do the same thing Anita did after the Greaseman got fired.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:41PM

Is that gal Carla (or his next squeeze)? I thought it was his grand-daughter! How does she not vomit when that fat-ass is on top of her?

Posted by: Wichitard CansAss ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:40PM

What are the ratings for the Mike O'Meara show like in Wichitard CansAss? I think the station is KFH.

Anyone?

Posted by: Veronica ()
Date: November 22, 2008 12:44AM

When D&M were doing their las vegas style shows i went to quite a few and always found don to be quiet and humble, very friendly. mike, was full of himself and acted like a star. almost the opposite of their on air personna.

I also saw the way they worked, at least at an apperance. Don laid it out and Mike just said, "yeahhhh" a lot.

It shows in the radio show now, too.

Date: November 22, 2008 09:29AM

Wichitard CansAss Wrote:
> What are the ratings for the Mike O'Meara show
> like in Wichitard CansAss? I think the station is
> KFH.
>
> Anyone?

The ratings have actually gone up pretty significantly in Wichita. Not surprising, given that these are the same people who voted for Sarah Palin and thought Joe the Plumber was a real plumber and not a total fraud. They probably believe Robb's fake laughter is real, too.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: November 23, 2008 04:56AM

Watch the video. She was about to vomit. Mike was drunk as anything. How can his co workers stand him. He's not even funny any more.

Trickie

Posted by: radio listener ()
Date: November 23, 2008 08:32AM

I used to listen to D&M and while I always thought Don was quite caustic and funny, but had this thought that Mike was the truly talented one.
How sad now to hear that Don really was the brains behind the funny.
It is now obvious even the voice impression bits Mike did were orchestrated/written by Don.
The show. under Mike's solo direction has become unlistenable.
Not funny, no edge, no voices.

Booooooooooooo! Last place ratings are what this show deservres.

Posted by: Naru Hodo ()
Date: November 23, 2008 09:40AM

For years I was a daily listener of the D&M show. When Don left the show suffered but I hoped Mike would pull it out. I listened for several months and he never did. I finally had enough around August and haven't listened since. By the look of his ratings I am not the only one.

Posted by: Joey Heatherton ()
Date: November 23, 2008 10:49AM

Is the Mike O'Meara show still on the air? They could just replace it with a tape loop of the emergency broadcast system warning and get the same ratings.

Date: November 24, 2008 03:17PM

Latest People Meter stats show O'Meara still lagging behind....

Afternoon drive, 12+: 1) WTOP, 2) WAMU, 3) WASH, 4) WIHT, 5) WHUR, 6) WETA-FM, 7) WMAL, 8) WRQX, 9) WKYS, 10) WMZQ, 11) WWDC, 12) WPRS, 13) WBIG, 14) WPGC and WTEM, 16) WGTS, 17) WMMJ, 18) WTGB and WLZL, 20) WJFK, 21) WJZW.....

...WTGB is "The Globe," which is also run by Michael Hughes and which just fired Weasel due to poor ratings.

Date: November 24, 2008 03:25PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Latest People Meter stats show O'Meara still
> lagging behind....
>
> Afternoon drive, 12+: 1) WTOP, 2) WAMU, 3) WASH,
> 4) WIHT, 5) WHUR, 6) WETA-FM, 7) WMAL, 8) WRQX, 9)
> WKYS, 10) WMZQ, 11) WWDC, 12) WPRS, 13) WBIG, 14)
> WPGC and WTEM, 16) WGTS, 17) WMMJ, 18) WTGB and
> WLZL, 20) WJFK, 21) WJZW.....
>
>
> ...WTGB is "The Globe," which is also run by
> Michael Hughes and which just fired Weasel due to
> poor ratings.

Posted by: Kyle Boller ()
Date: November 24, 2008 03:31PM

Today, my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her that the only thing I wanted for Christmas was to read that the Mike O'Meara show was cancelled due to poor ratings.

Date: November 24, 2008 04:44PM

I'm glad my soundcard is cooked so I only had to see and could not hear the Youtube video above. Unfortunately its not a tearful resignation speech ( or an on air suicide ala Bud Dwyer)

Buzz looks like a total fruit. He reminds me of the old nerd character actor Eddie Deezen..

How long is this contract going to last? With the bad economy, Tiger Woods was just dropped by GM. You'd think JFK would pink slip O'Meara's fatass and replace him with O and Dukes or even give Peter Rosenberg or El Jefe another shot. Can Ron and Fez do any live syndication??

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.