HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: sad, really ()
Date: September 15, 2008 08:52PM

Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm done with the Mike O'Meara show. The show has
> lost all life.

Seriously.

After two weeks off I thought they'd come back energized, perhaps even with a few new ideas and a staff shake-up or two. (Kind of like the way Monday's first hour of the old Don and Mike Show was always good, because everyone was rested and had a few stories to tell about what went on in their real lives.)

This? This is pathetic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: So Bad It's Good? ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:07PM

Murph Wrote:
> The only truly funny thing ever uttered on the
> Mike O'Meara Show was said today:
>
> Mike: We have no agenda.
>
>
> Riiiiiiight.

Well, they definitely have no agenda that involves trying to entertain the listenership. They have proven that time and time again.

Somebody above mentioned the rerun of "Family Feud/Happy Hour Friday Feud". I had not heard it first time around, but to be played on "best of", was beyond belief. Mike went from being the Richard Dawson/Louie whatever Game Show host, to saying he wanted to play also, and then after completely botching the intro, ceded the Game Show host role to Robb. What a fiasco of 10 or so minutes!

Another "best of" segment involved the game "Password". The on air cast was so pathetic at giving clues (together with the equally clueless contestants guessing), it was likely the worst on air segment that I ever had the chance to listen to.

To those of you that say, "Just stop listening!", this stuff is so bad, it is compelling radio. But, in my case only 10 minutes once or twice a week, compared to at least an hour a day, with the "old" show.

Posted by: F'it ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:32PM

Mike sucks
Rob sucks
Buzz sucks

I will never listen to any of these three again. They have damaged their reputations beyond repair. At least with Don I will still tune in and see what is going on.

Posted by: Rackovan ()
Date: September 16, 2008 10:17AM

Whoa watch your mouth, you have absolutely NO idea about Carla and Mikes relationship. She is my family and if you dont know 100% what your talking about that keep your mouth shut. It's that simple damn, worry about your own lives.

Posted by: Rackovan ()
Date: September 16, 2008 10:18AM

Joint Jamie Wrote:
> Carla needs to stop the ole' birth control and get
> preggers if she wants Mikes money and he doesn't
> want to get married. If she was married to Mike,
> by default, everything he did while they were
> married she would get half. Sell a business - she
> gets half the profit. Buy a car - she gets half.
> Buy/Sell a house - she gets half. JOINT
> OWNERSHIP. Had Carla MARRIED Mike instead of
> "Dating" him, her net worth right now would
> probably be close to 2 million. As it is, she has
> nothing. Stupid bitch.

Whoa watch your mouth, you have absolutely NO idea about Carla and Mikes relationship. She is my family and if you dont know 100% what your talking about that keep your mouth shut. It's that simple damn, worry about your own lives.

Posted by: Lisa ()
Date: September 16, 2008 10:27AM

Hi Rackovan glad to have you on the board. Is it true that Carla use to be a stripper and that she is like 15 years younger than Mike and that Mike is older than Carla's Mom?

Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: September 16, 2008 11:37AM

Why are they doing "Best Of?" Didn't they all just go on vacation?

Is this some type of fall out on the show again? Did they get taken off the air again?

Posted by: Jenn ()
Date: September 16, 2008 05:03PM

Your an idiot....it's a new show today.

Date: September 16, 2008 05:05PM

Didn't they get engaged over vacation???

Posted by: omearas lawyer ()
Date: September 17, 2008 09:47AM

DON'T DO IT, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.

YOU ARE ONLY 'WORKING' NOW TO PAY OFF WIFE #2.

THE SHOW YOU ARE DOING IS BEYOND REPAIR.

AVERT! AVERT! AVERT! (TO AVOID MORE FINANCIAL LOSSES)

legal rep out

Posted by: Ronald Mexico ()
Date: September 17, 2008 12:38PM

Jenn Wrote:
> Your an idiot....

Classic, Jenn. Did you ever get that GED?

Posted by: Rumble ()
Date: September 17, 2008 02:46PM

Again, Mike and the "gang" always seem like they're doing a 4-hour tap dance to pass the time.... It doesnt feel or sound like they have their heart in it (it feels as thought "it's just a job). I bet Mike leaves it to Beth Anne, Rob and the Interns to do all the pre-show prep and planning and he wallows in about 10 minutes before air time (like he used to brag he did in the D&M Show days). He probably thinks being the mere voice or "talent" for the show is enough.....

Date: September 17, 2008 04:56PM

Ronald Mexico Wrote:
> Jenn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Your an idiot....
>
>
> Classic, Jenn. Did you ever get that GED?

Yep...Did you ever get your test results?

Date: September 17, 2008 05:02PM

Rumble Wrote:
> Again, Mike and the "gang" always seem like
> they're doing a 4-hour tap dance to pass the
> time.... It doesnt feel or sound like they have
> their heart in it (it feels as thought "it's just
> a job). I bet Mike leaves it to Beth Anne, Rob
> and the Interns to do all the pre-show prep and
> planning and he wallows in about 10 minutes before
> air time (like he used to brag he did in the D&M
> Show days). He probably thinks being the mere
> voice or "talent" for the show is enough.....

Since he is on the BO & D show sometimes he must be there earlier than that. And how does one "wallow in" exactly? If you don't enjoy the show, don't listen. I really enjoy parts of it, and when I don't, I change the station and find out the other stations are playing that same pop crap I can't stand and I end up going back to Mike. I think he is still trying to find his comfort zone. Kind of like when you first started at your job and used to burn the fries sometimes.

Posted by: fact finder ()
Date: September 17, 2008 05:28PM

I don't even listen to this station or show, but damn you "fans" sure are apologists! If this is the guy's first job, ok. But it's not. But if you like listening to something that others don't care for, more power to ya. But come up with better arguments than, "he's still trying to find his comfort zone." I do know Don left in March. Six months is a lot of time. Oh well, glad to keep the thread going.

Posted by: wakeup ()
Date: September 17, 2008 08:37PM

Jenn Wrote:
> Didn't they get engaged over vacation???

Yes. Mike proposed to Buzz over vacation.

(I know what you think you meant. Next time you want a clear and specific answer, ask a clear and specific question.)

Posted by: BFD ()
Date: September 18, 2008 03:22PM

Any girl named Jennifer who shortens it to Jenn instead of the normal Jen, I guarantee is a big fat pig. Need the extra "n" just like she needs that second package of Oreo's.......

Posted by: Loui ()
Date: September 18, 2008 03:24PM

Jenn must be Mike's female twin.....

Posted by: robo ()
Date: September 18, 2008 03:42PM

I used to listen to DM when they were on the air in Tampa...funny...funny.
Forced myself to 15 minutes of MO the other day in Arizona, absolutly horrible.

Posted by: Benn ()
Date: September 18, 2008 04:39PM

Maybe today they'll do something really fun like having some mimes on.......

Posted by: Jayo ()
Date: September 18, 2008 04:41PM

Mike: "Our next guest in studio is Hellen Keller. Welcome Helen."

Hellen Keller: " " (for four hours)

Posted by: Ronald Mexico ()
Date: September 18, 2008 10:15PM

Jenn Wrote:

> Yep...Did you ever get your test results?

Yes. Please go see your doctor ASAP!

Posted by: Timmy the Greek ()
Date: September 19, 2008 01:39PM

It's amazing how little talent Mike really has. Donnie G was really carrying that show. Mike was a good sidekick, I'll give him that. But, they didn't promote Ed McMahon to Johnny Carson's slot when Johnny retired. And they shouldn't have even considered moving Mike up the ladder. Hey Mike - open another restaurant and get off WJFK! You stink!

Posted by: Mike Omeara ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:07PM

What are you guys talking about. I think the show is great and the cast is super-talented!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Don G ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:15PM

The MOS is like having a bad, unprepared substitute teacher in grade school. Instead of teaching, they show a movie. Instead of providing innovative entertainment, Mike does a tap-dance ("to kill time")...

Posted by: Stephen Edwards ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:51PM

I was unhappy that Don left but thought the new show might have a fighting chance. Wow, was I wrong. I would rather listen to an egg timer. Mike is so uncomfortable trying to come up with something entertaining to say. And I can't even comment on Rob A. and Buzz, they are so pitiful. It's unlistenable. Guys, please put us out of our misery and find other jobs.

Posted by: Old Fan ()
Date: September 19, 2008 04:03PM

I guess it's easy for those who read these negative comments to write in and say - well if you don't like it switch the channel! The problem is that many of us have been listening to Don and Mike for over twenty years so it's a habit to listen to the show. One reason for their success is that most drivers like to listen to the radio on the way home and the Don and Mike show was one of the only good shows in the afternoon. Still, the Mike O'Meara show is one of the only alternatives to listen to. The problem is that Don was the point man of the show and came up with all the good ideas and the show is just not the same without him. Just like "Timmy The Greek" says - it's like Johnny Carson being replaced by Ed McMahon. It's like an athlete who was great in the minors but is only a role player at the major league level.

I know that Mike was great as a morning DJ at WBEY in the early 80's but is better as a sidekick in a bigger market and everyone must accept it. It's got to be killing him that Jack Diamond has been more successful.

Posted by: puckett ()
Date: September 19, 2008 05:15PM

Old Fan Wrote:
> I guess it's easy for those who read these
> negative comments to write in and say - well if
> you don't like it switch the channel!

I totally agree, and in addition to being my least favorite counterargument from the "critics of the critics," telling us to go away just doesn't add anything to the discussion. I believe we all recognize that we have the freedom to adjust our listening habits (God bless America), but you're right...in many markets, there just aren't viable alternatives unless (and for some, even IF) you opt to pay a monthly fee for Sirius XM. Or, you could always take advantage of the wealth of quality, FREE programming made available via the Web (the main drawback being it's not often live and/or locally-focused).

Maybe that's the answer, since CC and CBS and the other major players in commercial radio don't appear to be listening to a large portion of their audience (because I guess we aren't the target demographic anymore)...just buy a cassette adapter or a double-male stereo cable for your car's in-dash AUX jack, and listen to your iPods...

Sad, really. Radio going the way of the dodo, and dodos like O'Meara and the ones who hired him, hastening its demise.

/soapbox

Posted by: Rene ()
Date: September 19, 2008 08:54PM

I have something positive to say: The show is more listenable when it is packed with guests. The movie critic wasnt bad. However, it has completely lost its cutting edge. Whatever happened to the days when D and M would compete against Howard and Opie and Anthony and be a "dudes" kind of show. It seems to now be geared to the People magazine and Ladies Home Journal types...

Date: September 19, 2008 11:32PM

What was the deal with the booze show today? They had the guy from the Virginia winery and the guy who was on Mad TV, what, 15 years ago? The Mad guy wasn't funny and they basically sat around drinking wine and not really talking about anything. What the hell was that??

WJFK really needs to cut the Drunk Friday shows. They are horrible to listen to. Usually people get funnier when they are drunk. Not Mike. His whole "I don't give a fuck" attitude just gets worse.

Posted by: No Meara ()
Date: September 20, 2008 08:39AM

Does anyone know how the show is doing in other markets? It's probably not as widely syndicated but still reviled as the Northern VA market does

Posted by: Omearas old resturant ()
Date: September 20, 2008 08:45AM

All I know when I stopped listening when Don left was they said on Mikes 1st day they had gone from 26 affiliates to eight. I also know Baltimore is gone, when Don left they canned the new Mike show. Don't listen now, so sorry, I don't have any more info...thanks

Posted by: Scott the Polock ()
Date: September 20, 2008 08:50AM

As "Timmy the Greek" said, Mike is a great sidekick, not a good lead. He is very talented and does not have the time to do his other voices and gags. Bummer.

Couple of items:

-Mike, take your time. The show seems rush, rush, rush. Don't talk about having to go to break, or getting in two more callers in the last 30 seconds. I would be happy to listen to one caller for a few minutes then 5 you hang up on.

-Let the callers talk! He is in such a rush to get to the next caller, that he does not let them speak. Don was the BEST at breaking down callers to the point of having them apologize for even calling or even being born!

-Stop letting Rob, Buzz and BA interupt so much. The show is one big -who can interject their thoughts the quickest. Rob is smart, Buzz is cool, BA is a mess so let them talk for a few minutes and they will be good and gel.

The best D&M shows were when the sat out front of the radio station in lounge chairs and just talked to the listeners. Real people having a real conversation. Real life with real thoughts. Go back to the basics....

Date: September 20, 2008 10:18AM

I'll give Mike credit- he did do a decent job filling in when Don's wife passed away. He's not an incompetent, but he CANNOT provide the type of show most of us seemed to have liked!

Posted by: Mike McMahon ()
Date: September 20, 2008 09:09PM

I hearby dub Mike as Mike McMahon. You fat, lazy, son of a bitch.

Posted by: Ren ()
Date: September 20, 2008 09:34PM

You know the way Jack Diamonds sidekick sounds like a younger version of him (fake voice and fake laught and all), anyone else notice that Rob is starting to sound like Mike? In the old days Rob (in his normal voice) used to insult all the callers and call women whore's, now all of a sudden he is a gentlemen speaking the kings english. It is sooooo phoney

Posted by: Buz ()
Date: September 20, 2008 09:35PM

And Buzz is really uncomfortable doing anything that doesnt involve reading from his notes/script (ie the news).... Just terrible stuff

Posted by: Buzz SpermBank ()
Date: September 20, 2008 11:04PM

Buzz is the worse, trying to act all cool and hip. HE IS PUSHING 60 YEARS OLD! HE HAS HAD A BAG OF SHIT TIED TO HIS SIDE! You are not cool because you know how to "I.M." you freaking crypt keeper, my Grandma knows how to do that. Buzz and his tranny strippers, opps I meant Buzz Babes, need to go find a grave and get comfortable and die.

Date: September 21, 2008 09:00AM

Mike = Fat drunk Irishman who can't keep a marriage together.
Rob = A no-talent producer who has no business being on the air.
Buzz = An old, bi-sexual voice-over guy who should stick to reading car commercials.
Beth Ann = Should be in a drive-through saying, "Would you like fries with that?"
Joe = A no talent guy who is actually funny when he isn't trying to sound like one of The Junkies.

The Mike O'Meara Show = Shit.

Posted by: Rastie ()
Date: September 21, 2008 07:03PM

I guess the only reason I listen at this point is that there really isnt any competition on "free radio." What other talk shows are there? Other than a couple of horrible ones on am, there really isnt anything else to listen to.....

THAT's THE POINT OF OUR FRUSTRATION. MIKE IS HORRIBLE AND WE'RE PISSED THAT THERE ARE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVS!!!!

Hopefully someone at CC or CBS is reading this stuff and will fire Mike and replace him with someone who is entertaining!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rat ()
Date: September 21, 2008 07:06PM

And another point is that Mike seems to be impressed with his first few ratings books. Hence, he thinks he is on the right track with the show and is somewhat Teflon..... He seems to bloviate over the fact. I guess it is our fault for listening....

Posted by: Timm ()
Date: September 23, 2008 01:01PM

I wonder what Mike McMahon will do today on his show. I hope there are interviews and news and stupid games.

Posted by: Trig Palin ()
Date: September 23, 2008 02:13PM

i dont noe y u people r so mean to mike omara hiz show iz so funny it is duh funnyest thing i ever hear

Date: September 23, 2008 03:28PM

Trig Palin Wrote:
> *BAD SCHTICK DELETED*

Funny the first time - now it's just tasteless.

Time for some social reinforcement, folks - let's retire Trig.

Posted by: Timm ()
Date: September 23, 2008 05:04PM

Here is Mike McMahan hanging out with some Buzz Babes -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1YstzgRiTk

Posted by: HG ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:26PM

I don't think we have to "retire Trig", he was born retired. Besides, I like poking tards with sticks.

Posted by: Jenny L ()
Date: September 24, 2008 03:32PM

Timm Wrote:
> Here is Mike McMahan hanging out with some Buzz
> Babes -
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1YstzgRiTk

This was the topic on an entire show

Posted by: Wheezer ()
Date: September 25, 2008 10:55PM

Mike's turned a crappy show into a crappy political grandstand. Mike, you want Obama to win the election, WE GET IT, now shut up already! Your impressions are about as funny (or good) as the church chat lady.

Give Rob the show!

Posted by: PayDay ()
Date: September 26, 2008 12:27PM

I wonder how much Rob makes? I know they are still renting and he is almost 40.

Posted by: Bore ()
Date: September 26, 2008 01:23PM

Who thought that the "ah" game was a masterpiece on Thursday's show? Now that's radio show brilliance. Have listeners recite something for 30-seconds without saying "ah."

How 'bout a radio-show being able to do it's 4-hours without putting it's listening audience into a coma???????????????????????????????

Posted by: Trishia ()
Date: September 26, 2008 01:55PM

The "ah" game was something Don&Mike did on the morning zoo in 1986ish.
Very clever, that OMeara.
And to think all those years I thought he was the talented one.
Congrats Don, you were Oz behind the curtain.
Mike, try to be funny.

A 20+ year former listener

Posted by: Bore ()
Date: September 26, 2008 02:36PM

And have you noticed that all the talk radio show's now love to burn up time doing endless movie and tv show reviews? What ever happened to imagination? They all seem to book the same guests as well....

Posted by: show still sucks ass ()
Date: September 30, 2008 05:18PM

top it.

today: 30 + min with a cbs political reporter.

radio: OFF

Posted by: HelenKeller ()
Date: September 30, 2008 06:12PM

From all I've read, I don't think I want to hear this Mike O'Meara Show..

Posted by: JP ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:27PM

It's the Jack Diamond Morning Show without the playing of music..........

Posted by: Uno ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:28PM

If I hear him say "We're in this crazy business of show" one more time, Im going to vomit. Mike is a self-absored piece of garbage.....

Posted by: Bonnie ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:53PM

OK...down to brass tax. I think the D & M show started a downward spiral around the time Don's wife died and then careened into the trainwreck that is the Mike Omeara show. The only thing "better" about Mike's show is that I no longer have to listen to Don complain about his life and abuse listeners non-stop. At least Mike seems to like his listeners. I just wished he liked them enough to put on an entertaining show.

Posted by: me name is earl! ()
Date: October 02, 2008 02:40PM

Don was aggressively funny with unscreened callers. Mike is passively unfunny with screened calls, when he takes them.
No doubt the dudes life changed when his wife died...but he left the show 7 months ago. And it was in much better shape then then it is now.
That doesn't say a lot about O'Meara. He "likes" his listeners. So "does" Jack Diamond. Say what you will, Don was raw and real. Mike is plastic and phony.
Screw em both I listen to Howard100

Posted by: jim the man ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:27PM

Whatever they are doing now, it stinks in comparison to the worst day of D&M. Mr. Skin, hey Don dropped him five years ago. Mike just re-added him, to fill more time. Boo!

Date: October 02, 2008 06:49PM

I wonder if Don will get bored within a year and come back to salvage this crap? Don't you think that Don could hype a return to radio and be regarded as a savior? Atheletes and rockstars come out of retirement all the time after semmingly saying that they are absolutely finished for good. If he comes back, he should do the Don and Rob Show or something, O'Meara has proven himself such a suckass with his pisspoor show, I don't know ANYONE who likes him..

Posted by: reality! ()
Date: October 04, 2008 11:18AM

Omeara STFU on politics! It's ok to have an opinion, but he acts as if only his is right, then says in the same breath that his show doesn't have an agenda. He is hopelessly stupid simply repeating whatever was said on cable that that day on any given issue regarding the election. Jesus, this kind of stuff was never a factor on the other show. Omeara, make with the funny or just go put on a sandwich board for Obama and state your show as a politicial one, which it has sadly become.
PS, I am also for Obama. So there are no sour grapes in my critique. But guys like him certainly don't help the Obama cause, he's just too paranoid and stupid.

Date: October 06, 2008 03:41PM

You're right - it's amazing that Mike O'Meara has gotten so political. Obviously, he gone through some changes over the years. It's funny but at one point in his life, the only important thing to him was making promo tapes for Bubbamania.

Posted by: Bonnie ()
Date: October 06, 2008 04:51PM

No Meara Wrote:
> I wonder if Don will get bored within a year and
> come back to salvage this crap? Don't you think
> that Don could hype a return to radio and be
> regarded as a savior? Atheletes and rockstars come
> out of retirement all the time after semmingly
> saying that they are absolutely finished for good.
> If he comes back, he should do the Don and Rob
> Show or something, O'Meara has proven himself such
> a suckass with his pisspoor show, I don't know
> ANYONE who likes him..

Actually I read an article recently that Don picked up a shift at an Ocean City station playing the music HE likes. They hyped the crap out of it, kicked off a long standing DJ and then Don quick after 2 months.

Posted by: Brian ()
Date: October 06, 2008 06:25PM

wrong! don worked for about about a month at 98,1 in oc. there was no one fired to move him in, the midday guy did 10-3 before don, 10-1 when he was there and went back to 10-3 when he left.
the terms he left with were generally of a funny nature in quotes in the trade publications. he said he had fun.
i also wonder what direction mike is taking his show in. he should do more impressions, which used to be his strong suite.
i do like big o & dukes in the 10-3 alot. they might do better in 3-7d drive time than mike is.

Date: October 06, 2008 07:55PM

Bonnie Wrote:

>
> Actually I read an article recently that Don
> picked up a shift at an Ocean City station playing
> the music HE likes. They hyped the crap out of
> it, kicked off a long standing DJ and then Don
> quick after 2 months.

I believe Don was essentially canned after about two weeks.

Don is a great talent. But I don't doubt he is a horrible person to work with. I think his assholeness on the show is just a sample of how bad his is off of it. I don't think there is any chance in hell WJFK would have him back.

Posted by: Roark ()
Date: October 07, 2008 02:43PM

I heard the Junkies congratulate Mike the other day on his ratings. How can the MOS possibly have good ratings? I guess there are no other contemporary FM talk shows that challenge him at that hour......

Posted by: henry ()
Date: October 07, 2008 03:00PM

Hard to understand, since the DC quarterly (summer) ratings are released next Wednesday. Details at radioandrecords.com. Sounds like Junkies spin. The results come in next week.

Posted by: Ben Dover ()
Date: October 10, 2008 03:50PM

The show sucks ... His bar in Manassas sucks and he is nothing but a lard ass that has never had a thought he didn't get from someone else. Thank god the other lard ass quit ... its just a matter of time before this idiot gets the boot. Good

Posted by: what ()
Date: October 10, 2008 04:35PM

I stop listening about a year ago.
When I'm driving home; I want to hear mindless, stupid, funny crap. I want to laugh.
Stupid trivia, live spots, hanging up on people, etc.
They lost it awhile ago. Even after changing over, it's not funny.

Posted by: Mark J ()
Date: October 10, 2008 04:51PM

If I wanted to hear liberal rants I'd watch CNN or MSNBC. I'm done, I put up with your liberal sh_t for a while, but I'm done.

Date: October 10, 2008 09:42PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> ... His bar in Manassas sucks...

It's been closed for a few months, so that goes without saying.

Actually, I went there a few times. Once to the bar, another time for Sunday Brunch and a couple of times for a "nice" dinner.

The bar food and service were fine. The brunch was weird. The food was just odd food you wouldn't normally have at a brunch and a lot of it was just cold. As for dinners, the one time I remember I got a really bad cut of steak. It was tough and full of veins. It was really nasty.

No wonder it went out of business.

Posted by: Adolph Shickelgruber ()
Date: October 13, 2008 01:58PM

Mike O'Meara is a no-talent fat ass who should be made into a lampshade.

Date: October 14, 2008 02:52PM

Wow! The quantity of posts here (and quality...I'm just sayin') has really tailed off in recent weeks.

It's a good sign - more and more people are registering their staunch APATHY about the MOS by failing to show up here. Can cancellation be far behind?

As for me, I'm proud to say I have no idea what Mike and the peanut gallery have been up to, of late...but one thing is certain. It's boring!

Posted by: NewGuy ()
Date: October 15, 2008 08:40AM

I'm NEW to the area and heard the Mike O'Meara Show around noon on WJFK. I don't know why you are so hard on him, it was really funny. O'Meara is a great impressionist- he kept doing the role of some guy named Chad and some sidekick was playing the role of a guy named O something.If Mike can keep this up, I'll listen midday everyday, great stuff!

Posted by: Dan O. ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:27PM

NewGuy Wrote:
> I'm NEW to the area and heard the Mike O'Meara
> Show around noon on WJFK. I don't know why you are
> so hard on him, it was really funny. O'Meara is a
> great impressionist- he kept doing the role of
> some guy named Chad and some sidekick was playing
> the role of a guy named O something.If Mike can
> keep this up, I'll listen midday everyday, great
> stuff!

LOL. The Mike O'Meara Show is on at 3:00.

Posted by: reality check on ratings ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:29PM

from dcrtv,com:

wjfk 3-7pm 13th place (down almost a fullshare from last years summer book)

unwritten, also down in a big way from just the last (spring) ratings book

Posted by: Timmy the Greek ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:12PM

Thanks for posting the dismal ratings! I knew the ratings were going to be bad. Great news! WJFK - Please kill the show and bring us something else.

Posted by: Rat ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:35PM

Mike lost a full share - should of listened to the people. Get rid of the news, the crappy interviews, the lame-ass games, and put on an entertaing show. Oh yeah, and get rid of the "BUZZ BABES", if I wanted to hear some drugged-up whore talk out of her diseased ass I would call up Mikes fiancee.

Posted by: geri ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:18PM

Good riddance to this piece of crap F A K E radio.

Keep talking heavy politics, that'll work.

Let's see if the ass dares to mention this slide in the ratings.

He won't.

Posted by: some1 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:30PM

Nice ratings, OMeara. Don was an ass, but a funny one. This show has become un-listenable. The combined effect of Howard/Don leaving have put this once top 5 station to the bottom of the heap. And no where to go but down.

Posted by: Stan ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:18PM

WJFK Station Rank #16! Wow, 15 other stations are beating them.

Date: October 15, 2008 08:27PM

reality check on ratings Wrote:
> from dcrtv,com:
>
> wjfk 3-7pm 13th place (down almost a fullshare
> from last years summer book)
>
> unwritten, also down in a big way from just the
> last (spring) ratings book

People have come to the conclusion that Mike sucks and are fleeing. I'm sure Big O and Dukes will work for less in that time slot and will garner better ratings. Nothing like having a 50-ish fat fuck talk about Mixed Martial Arts and online poker like he is a 20-something. Kind of pathetic.

Date: October 15, 2008 08:33PM

Stan Wrote:
> WJFK Station Rank #16! Wow, 15 other stations are
> beating them.

These are the stations that lag it...

17) WTGB, (The Globe - Another Michael Hughes programmed disaster)

18) WTEM (An AM Sports Talk station owned by Dan Snyder)

19) WACA, (An AM Spanish Station)

20) WFRE (A Fredericksburg-based Country Station that is barely heard in parts of the market)

and WAVA (A Christian Talk station)

I could fart in a microphone for 8 hours a day and get ratings better than these stations. WJFK is pitiful.

Posted by: Nerdman ()
Date: October 15, 2008 10:13PM

no surprise here! this thread stated the obvious over time...how sad to see the fall of WJFK and in particular the last show from the glory days...wonder how quick they are trying to find a replacement show for PM drivetime...

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 10:27PM

Ooh, today I tried to listen. It was a phone interview with Sinbad. He was a big bore on a crummy cell phone. After that debacle, Beth ann and Mike and Rob were all trying to decide why the interview was so bad. And that borefest was after Mike called his older sister Kathy to wish her Happy Birthday. Ugh!

Posted by: former listener ()
Date: October 16, 2008 07:47AM

I knew it from the day Don G. left. Sinbad? Sinbad? This show is absolutely going to drag wjfk radio off a cliff. Mike O's show is simply amateur. Ratings reflect that.

Posted by: LazyMike ()
Date: October 16, 2008 09:54AM

Right after Don left, Mike had the chance. Everyone was turning in to see what would happen. He had the number 1 podcast for 2 weeks. He blew the opportunity by being lazy and taking it for granted. If he would have worked and actually sweated a little bit, maybe things would be different now. People are posting what they don't like about the show, but no one is listening. WJFK isn't listening to the listeners and the listeners are certainly not listening to WJFK.

Posted by: Ruth ()
Date: October 16, 2008 12:47PM

LazyMike Wrote:
> Right after Don left, Mike had the chance.
> Everyone was turning in to see what would happen.
> He had the number 1 podcast for 2 weeks. He blew
> the opportunity by being lazy and taking it for
> granted. If he would have worked and actually
> sweated a little bit, maybe things would be
> different now. People are posting what they don't
> like about the show, but no one is listening.
> WJFK isn't listening to the listeners and the
> listeners are certainly not listening to WJFK.

The ONLY thing that I think has gotten better is the comradery between the shows. I kinda like that the different people are showing up on the other shows and supporting each other, appearances together, etc. Unfortunately, the only time I enjoy Mike's show is when someone else is doing the heavy-lifting.

Posted by: Juno ()
Date: October 16, 2008 01:06PM

Will everyone please email the show at wjfk or mikeomearashow.com and ask why they (Mike) wont comment on the latest ratings book and whether Carla will leave him when he's out a job? At least Don would address (and make fun of) their ratings when they dropped. Mike is probably so insecure and so insulated in his own world of kiss asses, they he wont even comment on it....

Date: October 16, 2008 02:44PM

Ruth Wrote:
> The ONLY thing that I think has gotten better is
> the comradery between the shows. I kinda like
> that the different people are showing up on the
> other shows and supporting each other, appearances
> together, etc. Unfortunately, the only time I
> enjoy Mike's show is when someone else is doing
> the heavy-lifting.

Don't be duped, Ruth... You can bet management is leaning on the staffs of all three shows to support each other, "synergize," be visible and put on the "one big happy WJFK family" face.

I can imagine the Junkies and Big O & Dukes taking to this a little more naturally, and not needing to be beaten over the head with it by Kinard and Hughes. Their crosstalk actually sounds somewhat natural.

But what do you suppose those two shows think when they're told they need to give a crap about Mike's show and what he's doing? It's like being told to smile as you strap a one-ton anchor to your ankles.

Posted by: fred ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:51PM

WHAT HE SAID!!!
The "happy family" shit is just that, pure shit.

Date: October 16, 2008 04:07PM

I've always wondered why the Junks show doesnt end until between 10:15 and 10:30 and why the Junks are frequently on O and Dukes and O and Dukes are on O'Mearas etc etc.

After a little thinking it's pretty clear the station is trying to give credibility to certain shows by having overlap. I was a little bummed when Opie and Anthony left and though I liked the little I'd heard of O and Dukes, it kind of helped to have Cakes or EB appear on O and Dukes to say these guys are allright..

The Junkies have a good show, O and Dukes are talented and will go far,O'Meara needs all the help he can get. O'Meara himself isn't so awful when he is on another show, but he cannot steer the car by himself. He should be sending cigars and hookers to OC every weekend in hopes he can get a certain someone to come back and revive the miserable failure his current state is.

WJFK- please put O and Dukes in the afternoon drive slot, O'Meara just sucks..

Posted by: Tolly ()
Date: October 16, 2008 06:29PM

I think Mike will do okay if he can find a job being a sidekick to another D.J., but he can't cut it as the leading man. I think Rob and Buzz are dead weight whose only talent is one good line per show, and that is fine in their former roles, but they really shouldn't co-host. They need to bring in another D.J. and let either Rob or Buzz go, then I think Mike would flourish.

Date: October 17, 2008 04:01PM

I think Mike O'Meara took a huge risk by trying to pickup where the Don and Mike show left off. The safer route for WJFK would have been to take the show off for a while - then bring in some new and younger talent to play off of Mike, Rob, and Buzz. Maybe two 20ish or 30ish comedians that have a different appeal and point of view. The point is the re-invent the show and bring in something new and fresh that would appeal to a younger crowd. The advantage of continuing the way they have is that they had a loyal listener base and network already in place - which has gradually deteriorated.

I guess it's all in hindsight now - it's too late. The current show is just the Don and Mike show minus Don. Unfortunately, Don was the point man, creative leader, and star of the show with Mike as a sidekick. New fans to the area may enjoy it but people who have listened to the show for over 20 years can't help but compare it to its old format and eventually switch channels.

Perhaps the biggest problem is that Mike is an idiot when doing personal appearances. His ratings have tanked mainly because he's a 50ish fat guy who has carved an image of being an ass to his fans and thinks people enjoy that. I have to admit that I was a good friend of Mike back in the early 80's. I knew him back from his days at WYRE and Bay Country 103. He wasn't a bad guy to pal around with but once he hooked up with Don at WAVA and became 'famous' - he scorned and backstabbed the people that cared about him, such as his first wife Billy. He has made an effort to be an idiot to his fans over the years and is not connecting the younger listeners that WJFK needs. Even though I am happy for his success and have occasionally listened to his show - I have to say that I am pleased to see his fall from popularity and 'what comes around goes around'.

Date: October 17, 2008 04:21PM

Tolly Wrote:
> I think Mike will do okay if he can find a job
> being a sidekick to another D.J., but he can't cut
> it as the leading man.

The economics of radio have changed. It is doubtful anyone would have two high dollar "talents" on the same show in this market. I still have my doubts that the Junkies are getting paid as much as they claim. As for the other shows, do you really think Flounder makes more than $40K a year? Or the college drop-outs who "co host" with Kane?

Posted by: backstabber ()
Date: October 17, 2008 04:44PM

I know that Omeara took over a 60% pay slash when Don G left. Economics were big bucks for the two of them, but Omeara alone is showing that CBS radio is getting what they paid for. It is obvious Omeara is there simply to hang on to whatever $$$ he still can. There is no passion, no effort, and it shows.

Posted by: Rupe ()
Date: October 17, 2008 05:07PM

All of the other show personalities liked to shower Mike with congrats when he got good ratings. How come their not giving him shit over his now crappy ratings. Maybe Mike should call Peter Rosenberg in NY and see if he can get a job with him...

Date: October 17, 2008 08:12PM

Rupe Wrote:
> All of the other show personalities liked to
> shower Mike with congrats when he got good
> ratings. How come their not giving him shit over
> his now crappy ratings. Maybe Mike should call
> Peter Rosenberg in NY and see if he can get a job
> with him...

Did Rosenberg get a DJ gig with the McDonald's in Times Square?

Date: October 17, 2008 08:18PM

Speaking of Rosenberg, this is what his bio says...

"His Hot 97 show, “Real Late with Peter Rosenberg“, has created a major stir in the streets of New York. His mix of “real talk” and underground taste has endeared him to a hip hop community hungry for something both authentic and provocative."

...His show is causing such a "major stir" that it is on between 8am and 10am on Saturday and Sunday. Does he have to go out and find his own advertising for this show as well?

The guy continues to be the Jewish Meade Skelton.

Date: October 17, 2008 08:38PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:

>
> The guy continues to be the Jewish Meade Skelton.

Who is Meade Skelton? Rosenbergs show was another train wreck and a good riddance!

Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.