HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: SRE ()
Date: August 08, 2008 03:29PM

oh I don't know about *that*.... I can always get in the monkey bar!

Just one more reason not to go to the Bungalows tonight!

Lurker, what time are you showing up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2008 03:33PM by SRE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 08, 2008 03:43PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
the bar is going to jam
> packed,

And that's just with Mike being there.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 09, 2008 02:56AM

The bar was packed. Extra bouncers checking ID's. I saw two people get rejected as I walked up.

The buzz babes... OMG! I askd the one girl how does that stay on? Super glue?

Posted by: Joe mammy ()
Date: August 09, 2008 09:22AM

The Mike O'Meara show couldn't suck any worse if it had rubber lips.

Posted by: puckett ()
Date: August 11, 2008 12:10PM

Umm...what's going on HERE? Everyone count earlobes... Does MO'M have an extra one?

(Photo credit WJFKFM.com, of course.)
Attachments:
2947419.JPG

Posted by: Jer ()
Date: August 11, 2008 01:47PM

Oh My Gawd

That is a picture of a heart attack in progress

Looks like a large fat gay man

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 11, 2008 01:51PM

Why did WJFK have to censor that monkey picture in the background?

Posted by: Old Fan ()
Date: August 14, 2008 03:26PM

I wonder if Mike O'Meara or any of his gang ever reads this forum. Mike seems to gain several pounds every year. It's hard to believe that he was in shape enough to play software for the Paradise Tavern in Catonsville, MD back in the early 80's. I'm sure that he couldn't make it down the first base line now.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 14, 2008 03:56PM

I know we are suppose be slamming The Mike O'Meara Show, but I have to admit, they had me laughing the other day with all the funny impersonations. The show seems to be turning around a bit. Katie sounds like a real character.

Now what is really painful is the DJ that follows The Mike O'Meara Show, I dare anybody to listen to him for 10 minutes, I'm not sure it can be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 04:13PM by Lurker..

Posted by: WIngNut ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:22PM

I surfed by for a minute this week, Did JFK get rid of BethAnn and replace her with Katie? The show sucks but I like her little girl voice.

Date: August 15, 2008 01:44PM

No, Beth Ann is still there.

(Yes, I admittedly listen to the podcast if a particular segment looks like it could be worthwhile. Fortunately I live outside the broadcast area and have satellite radio anyway.)

JFK may be wising up and relegating Beth Ann to the producer's room...and it seems Mike is finally noticing that Katie has some potential as a secondary character.

Buzz, on the other hand, sounds lazier and more confused than ever.

And to Lurker's earlier comment, I don't think we're "supposed to be slamming" anyone...but the Mike show hasn't given us much to praise. We calls it likes we sees it, is all.

Posted by: WIngNut ()
Date: August 15, 2008 06:47PM

Yeah, Buzz really does suck. He is a perved out old hippie who can't keep his snarky lefty politics out of any story. He is the type of guy who will never say it but he thinks himself lightyears ahead of his former Kansas neighbors..
His little weed jokes were funny once, but it's obviously all he has. The show made a big mistake trying to make him into some "love god" dude who knows all of sex and women. Any man who would let another man doink his wife is not a man...

Posted by: jack ()
Date: August 19, 2008 09:06PM

Oh yea, another episode of POWER OF 10!!!!!! Lets kill time asking obscure questions with a 50/50 chance of guessing the correct answer (because no one in their right minds would actually possess this knowledge). That makes for very compelling, edge of your seat entertainment............

Date: August 19, 2008 09:32PM

jack Wrote:
> Oh yea, another episode of POWER OF 10!!!!!! Lets
> kill time asking obscure questions with a 50/50
> chance of guessing the correct answer (because no
> one in their right minds would actually possess
> this knowledge). That makes for very compelling,
> edge of your seat entertainment............

I heard that and flipped the station.

I actually tried giving the show another go yesterday. They did that iPod thing with Obama's and McCain's favorite songs. It soon became obvious that the point of the bit was to fill 30 minutes regardless of whether or not it was entertaining. What started out as mildly amusing quickly became unbearable listening. I think I made it 10 minutes and I just couldn't listen anymore. Truly dreadful.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: August 20, 2008 04:58PM

The Power of 10 could actually be a better contest.

Most of the clues are written so that contestants can't even guess the answer. e.g. 'He had three kids and was married twice.'

Well, that would be lots of people and does not narrow things down to one particular person. So you could have written a 20-page term paper on whoever's being asked about and not get it until the 3rd or 4th clue!

Consider this instead:

He graduated from Dixon High School in 1928 and then from Eureka College in 1932, becoming a radio announcer after graduation.
He was the only host of the General Electric Theater.
He led the Screen Actors Guild between 1947 and 1952.
He went 'into the sunset of his life' in 1994 after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
His first wife was Jane Wyman and his second wife was the former Nancy Davis.
He was Governor of California between 1967 and 1975.
He died on June 5, 2004, at the age of 93.
He once asked, 'Are you better off now than you were four years ago?'
He promised not to hold Walter Mondale's youth and inexperience against him.
He was President between 1981 and 1989.

Notice how all 10 of these could stand on their own as questions to which the answer is Ronald Reagan. I have tried to make it so the clues go from harder to easier but some of the mid-level clues might be a bit easy.

I have written questions for the VHSL Scholastic Bowl competition since 2001 and wrote the questions used for the Missouri version of the VHSL. I know the needs of a radio contest would be different but many of the same principles would apply.

Posted by: SwingTown ()
Date: August 20, 2008 05:44PM

WIngNut Wrote:
Any man who would let
> another man doink his wife is not a man.

To the contrary. That is a very secure manly man.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 20, 2008 07:01PM

SwingTown Wrote:
> WIngNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Any man who would let
> > another man doink his wife is not a man.
>
> To the contrary. That is a very secure manly man.

You are a woman, you would not understand....

Date: August 20, 2008 07:54PM

SwingTown Wrote:
> WIngNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Any man who would let
> > another man doink his wife is not a man.
>
> To the contrary. That is a very secure manly man.

Have you seen Buzz's wife? She looks like a she-male. If I was married to that and some guy had a hot POA wife he would let me bang in exchange for banging that, I would agree, too.

Posted by: jack ()
Date: August 21, 2008 08:44PM

Most of their wives are nothing to look at. Same thing with the Junkies. Cakes' wife is fugly yet they talk about her (and their sex life) as though she's a hottie.....

Date: August 21, 2008 08:55PM

jack Wrote:
> Most of their wives are nothing to look at. Same
> thing with the Junkies. Cakes' wife is fugly yet
> they talk about her (and their sex life) as though
> she's a hottie.....

You know these guys think they are the shit now and are sticking it to the Junkettes. Pretty soon half of whatever they are supposedly making will be going to the fat-cow wives that married them when they were collecting shopping carts in the parking lot of the grocery stores they were working at back in the day. There is a reason why pretty much everyone who works in radio has been divorced multiple times. These guys are on the Mike O'Meara plan.

Date: August 22, 2008 04:28PM

You know, Mike O'Meara's first wife, Billy, was good-looking and a nice person also. She just couldn't handle the big-headed Mike once he hooked up with Don Geronimo around 1985-86.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: August 22, 2008 08:33PM

There was an Amy Bickellon the FC arrest list this week. Isn't one of the Junkies named Bickell. This amy person was from Ashburn too.

Date: August 22, 2008 09:12PM

TRICKIE Wrote:
> There was an Amy Bickellon the FC arrest list this
> week. Isn't one of the Junkies named Bickell.
> This amy person was from Ashburn too.

It's Eric Bickel, not Bickellon. His wife is named Dina and it appears that they live in Maryland.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they or their spouses had DUIs.

Date: August 22, 2008 09:42PM

Oh it wasn't a DUI. It was just a plain old speeding ticket. I am glad it wasn't the Junkies wife. They all seem nice.

I like the tennis player one.

Trickie

Posted by: Joe Swine ()
Date: August 23, 2008 11:22AM

Have you seen Buzz's wife? She looks like a she-male. If I was married to that and some guy had a hot POA wife he would let me bang in exchange for banging that, I would agree, too.

That's because he/she IS a she-male!

Posted by: Freddy! ()
Date: August 23, 2008 12:23PM

This board is being quoted as the 'bad place' at radiogodsforum.com. Check it out, they all sound like listeners in denial. "give mike some time get his sea legs", "at least the shpw has remained flat in listenership", "Mike is a geniunely nice guy."

What crap! Funny stuff, tho. Worth a lookee-loo.

Posted by: Dan O. ()
Date: August 26, 2008 10:41AM

The biggest problem for me with the show is that Mike and Co. are horrible when it comes to just talking about themselves. I listened to the opening of the show yesterday and Mike came on and hinted at a story he had to tell about his weekend - something about a house full of dogs. When he finally got around to it after teasing it for about half an hour he mentioned his daughters were over for the weekend and brought their dog, plus they watched a neighbor's dog. That's it. There was no point other than he had a bunch of dogs in his house.

Say what you will about Don, whether he was too negative or made the show too insular, but those first couple of breaks on Monday when he talked about his weekend were one of the high points of the week. The guy was a good storyteller. Mike, Rob, Buzz and Beth Ann aren't.

Date: August 26, 2008 10:51AM

I met Mike at the Junkies show last Friday and Mike was a complete ass to me and my girlfriend. One guy said in Mike's defense, "This is just the way Mike gets when he has been drinking a lot."

I drink too, but I am not a complete a-hole to ALL the people around me. I certainly wouldn't be an a-hole at my company event or to my own fans.

Mike thinks he can just walk all over his fans and we'll still think he's great.

Not this fan anymore! I am no longer a Mike O'meara show fan and neither are my girlfriend and her friends.

Mike will have to find new fans to piss off.

Date: August 26, 2008 10:56AM

And on a side bar; We found the Junkies to be excellent hosts and a lot of fun to hang out with. We'll be attending more Sundress Sillie parties in the future.

With the exception of the incident with Mike, we had a great time the WJFK event. The Junks rocked the house and lots of Sillie hot babes. Cakes and EB were very funny.

Date: August 26, 2008 11:13AM

Jester Wrote:
> I met Mike at the Junkies show last Friday and
> Mike was a complete ass to me and my girlfriend.
> One guy said in Mike's defense, "This is just the
> way Mike gets when he has been drinking a lot."
>
> I drink too, but I am not a complete a-hole to ALL
> the people around me. I certainly wouldn't be an
> a-hole at my company event or to my own fans.
>
> Mike thinks he can just walk all over his fans and
> we'll still think he's great.
>
> Not this fan anymore! I am no longer a Mike
> O'meara show fan and neither are my girlfriend and
> her friends.
>
> Mike will have to find new fans to piss off.

With JFK actively pushing Mike to do personal appearances at bars and restaurants and with Mike obliging them, this should speed up the demise of his horrific show. The low point of Don & Mike's show was when they did the occasional crappy game show (low-budget Jeopardy). Mike's ENTIRE SHOW is based on doing stupid, boring games. Good lord!

As for the Junkies, I personally don't care for them, but they at least try. Mike's show is a fucking train wreck filled with people who obviously don't like each other and who would prefer to be somewhere else if they could find someone stupid enough to hire them.

Posted by: jpmorgan ()
Date: August 26, 2008 02:50PM

The bottom line is the whole show sucks. None of them project comfort, ease or enjoyment. It seems as if "it's just a job" that they dont seem to even particularly like. If they are struggling now and it's only a few months into it, how are they going to string it out for years to come??? It's like they have a list of 10 things to do on the show and they repeat the cycle as an endless loop after they've done all 10 of them. The show is forced and not funny. I know all the "hangers on" will tell me to move on if I dont like it. There's nothing to move on to. Im just hoping CBS will replace them with something more listenable.....

Date: August 26, 2008 07:20PM

Whatever happened to that pony he bought his daughters? he never talks about the pony any more.

Trickie

Posted by: Dirk ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:02PM

TRICKIE Wrote:
> Whatever happened to that pony he bought his
> daughters? he never talks about the pony any
> more.
>
> Trickie

The pony was butchered and served as chopped steak to unknowing customers at Hanks Lookaround Cafe. Health inspectors closed them down.

Haven't listened in weeks.Don't miss it...

Date: August 26, 2008 09:08PM

TRICKIE Wrote:
> Whatever happened to that pony he bought his
> daughters? he never talks about the pony any
> more.
>
> Trickie

Because talking about the pony doesn't get his dick sucked by Carla.

Posted by: Albert ()
Date: August 27, 2008 12:31PM

Dont the questions asked in the "Power of 10" have as much entertainment value as just having listners guess what number their thinking of at the time (and run that for 30 minutes straight).....

Date: August 27, 2008 02:10PM

I couldn't agree more.

Date: August 27, 2008 02:13PM

Jester Wrote:
> I met Mike at the Junkies show last Friday and
> Mike was a complete ass to me and my girlfriend.
> One guy said in Mike's defense, "This is just the
> way Mike gets when he has been drinking a lot."
>

A shame that the guy's got a stable of apologists and enablers ready to spring to his defense like that. I'd be curious to know if it was another of the show's "personalities" (I could imagine Robb saying this), or just a former "regular" from O'Meara's Restaurant...

Posted by: Watch Listener ()
Date: August 27, 2008 03:10PM

Freddy! Wrote:
> This board is being quoted as the 'bad place' at
> radiogodsforum.com. Check it out, they all sound
> like listeners in denial. "give mike some time get
> his sea legs", "at least the shpw has remained
> flat in listenership", "Mike is a geniunely nice
> guy."
>
> What crap! Funny stuff, tho. Worth a lookee-loo.

radiogodsforum.com? I'm under the impression that the three people who post there are employees of the MO show? One has the name Mike? A total of six posts in one day on radiogodforum! WOW

Date: August 27, 2008 04:16PM

Actually, Mike seemed like a good guy when I hung out with him in the early 80's. However, he developed this obnoxious attitude towards friends when he hit it big, hooked up with Don, and left his first wife Billy. He has made a good living mocking fans that call into his show but it's so funny when it happens to you.

Date: August 27, 2008 04:19PM

The post above was in response to Jester's experience meeting Mike O'Meara and the bottom line is: it's NOT so funny when it happens to you or anyone else. Mike's career is gradually hitting the bricks.

Posted by: BAM ()
Date: August 27, 2008 04:34PM

Nothing more exciting than hearing fat-ass DJ's slurping down food like ravenous dogs. Great radio there, boys! Maybe some should email them a podcast of that segment next time they bitch about how overweight they are.

By the way, I'm ready to officially renounce my membership to radiogodsforum. Mike is not a God. He's not even a radio pope at this point.

Posted by: greg ()
Date: August 27, 2008 04:38PM

SO many apologists for the OMeara show...hmmm. And old fan, I just ask...

where is the funny?

Posted by: Lord Kitchner ()
Date: August 28, 2008 05:23PM

Ok, that's it, the last time I will ever tune in to this show. I'm finished. Listening to these charisma-challenged morons picking fantasy football teams is beyond boring. They can't actually think that this stupefying exercise in utter tedium is entertaining to anyone other than themselves. Then again, maybe they can. Pull the plug on this abortion of a show and let it swirl down the drain of radio oblivion.

Posted by: Radio Devil ()
Date: August 28, 2008 05:25PM

A new low for the show today. A bunch of people doing a fantasy football draft.

Maybe tomorrow we can listen to the cleaning lady clean the building.

Date: August 28, 2008 06:53PM

Lord Kitchner Wrote:
> Ok, that's it, the last time I will ever tune in
> to this show. I'm finished. Listening to these
> charisma-challenged morons picking fantasy
> football teams is beyond boring. They can't
> actually think that this stupefying exercise in
> utter tedium is entertaining to anyone other than
> themselves. Then again, maybe they can. Pull the
> plug on this abortion of a show and let it swirl
> down the drain of radio oblivion.

That's boring shit when it's not on the radio. What are these people thinking?? Are they trying to be like the Junkies?

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:47PM

Albert Wrote:
> Dont the questions asked in the "Power of 10" have
> as much entertainment value as just having
> listners guess what number their thinking of at
> the time (and run that for 30 minutes
> straight).....

See my post above. The clues are just terrible from a trivia god point of view and from an entertainment point of view. At least make it so each question has one specific answer (i.e. not 'He has three kids and was married twice') and helps the listener place the answer in time (e.g. 1970s), field (e.g. actor or politician), etc.

And yes, as written, the clues are pretty much 'hey, what number am I thinking of.' Good analogy.

Posted by: Pursuit ()
Date: August 28, 2008 09:05PM

certainly can't beat Wednesday show called dumb ass. People call in and they ask them to talk about a ramdom subject, then they call them a dumb ass on the random topic and hang up on them.

Hearing sqeaky brakes on my car would be more fun to listen to.

Date: August 28, 2008 09:27PM

Has anyone noticed that when they have a guest on the air, Mike, Buzz and Robb all have to take a turn asking a question? What's worse, they each ask kiss-ass questions. It seems each tries to top the others with the kiss-assness of their question, trying to get the guest to say, "Great question." It really is a far cry from the D&M days when Don tried to get the guests so flustered they would hang up. I miss that.

Posted by: Dirk ()
Date: August 28, 2008 10:01PM

From what I hear, most radio show Q and A's are scripted:the publicist of the person promoting/being interviewed gives a list of approved and relevant questions to the interviewer.Then the interviewer (or co-host like BUzz,Robb) will chime in with "I heard that you..blah blah blah" and ask about something as if it is a casual reference when its really something thats very predetermined. Listen to them ( if you can bear it) and you will hear this formula like clockwork..

Fake callers are common in the radio biz also, especially on political shows who want to pontificate on a certain point or have a "testy exchange" that will excite listeners...

Posted by: Billy Bowlegs ()
Date: August 29, 2008 08:46AM

Remember back when the D&M show took such pleasure in and was so entertaining when they excoriated typical fatuous and inane radio? Who'd have ever guessed that the show without Don would turn into everything they used to mock and skewer. I'm sure that Buzz is too dim-witted and drug-addled to see it but you'd think that Mike and Robb would. What a pity. The show is so painful to listen to now that quite often I don't even bother anymore.

Date: August 29, 2008 09:46AM

Billy Bowlegs Wrote:
> Remember back when the D&M show took such pleasure
> in and was so entertaining when they excoriated
> typical fatuous and inane radio? Who'd have ever
> guessed that the show without Don would turn into
> everything they used to mock and skewer. I'm sure
> that Buzz is too dim-witted and drug-addled to see
> it but you'd think that Mike and Robb would. What
> a pity. The show is so painful to listen to now
> that quite often I don't even bother anymore.

The problem with the show is that they don't have enough material to fill up 4+ hours. It would actually sound better as a Morning Zoo format with music. They take a bit that should run one break and turn it into a half-hour time filler. Painful.

Date: August 29, 2008 10:03AM

If Mike was replaced with Katie the show would be entertaining

Posted by: laurence ()
Date: August 29, 2008 11:20AM

Omeara's show is simply,, unlistenable. I used to listen to Howard and D&M, I no longer have a 1067 preset after Don left.

All those years I used to think Mike was the clever one.

Apperances CAN be decieving.
DON was the one who made the show great, even when he was feeding stuff to Mike for his impressions, because he just doesn't do them now.

Geronimo must be rolling over in his sleep over the destruction of the show.

Posted by: Patti ()
Date: August 29, 2008 08:31PM

Hi friends, Checkin in to say I also listen occasionally. Today was as before...bad. This show belongs on a bad AM station, not a once greatstation like 106.7!

Posted by: Tom Oates ()
Date: August 30, 2008 10:36AM

The Mike O'Meara show is 30 minutes of mediocrity surrounded by 40 minutes of commercials per hour. It is all but unlistenable.

Date: August 30, 2008 10:47AM

That's 70 minutes per hour but your point is well taken. Leave it to WJFK to alter space and time in order to squeeze in more commercials.

Date: August 30, 2008 12:41PM

Tom Oates Wrote:
> The Mike O'Meara show is 30 minutes of mediocrity
> surrounded by 40 minutes of commercials per hour.
> It is all but unlistenable.

When you can't deliver on the promised ratings, you have to run a lot of make-up spots.

Posted by: Kuro Inu ()
Date: August 30, 2008 02:18PM

Lord Kitchener wrote: [Ok, that's it, the last time I will ever tune in to this show. I'm finished. Listening to these charisma-challenged morons picking fantasy football teams is beyond boring. They can't actually think that this stupefying exercise in utter tedium is entertaining to anyone other than themselves. Then again, maybe they can. Pull the plug on this abortion of a show and let it swirl down the drain of radio oblivion.]

I have this sickening feeling that picking the fantasy football teams was only the beginning. They're going to play fantasy football live on the air all season. How could Mike have come to this and doesn't his alleged friend Don ever give him any advice?

Posted by: joey ()
Date: September 02, 2008 08:49PM

How about the poem show today??? WTF do they actually think this is fun. Why dont they just resort to having people count on air to one hundred thousand to fill up the air time......

Posted by: jp ()
Date: September 02, 2008 08:51PM

And I like the way Mike will check with Rob and Buzz to see if they are enjoying the show... How about checking with us???

Date: September 02, 2008 08:55PM

Pretty soon O'Meara will be reading the phone book on air. They guy doesn't have a clue about how to entertain an audience.

Date: September 02, 2008 08:57PM

A counting show? Can't be any worse than what I heard a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they should have the guy who follows them also do the Mike slot.

Date: September 03, 2008 06:05PM

Jester Wrote:
> A counting show? Can't be any worse than what I
> heard a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they should
> have the guy who follows them also do the Mike
> slot.

Or let Big O and Dukes take it over.

I'm betting nine hours of BO&D vs. the current situation is "six vs. half a dozen," from a ratings standpoint. Maybe even incrementally better.

Date: September 03, 2008 06:08PM

jp Wrote:
> And I like the way Mike will check with Rob and
> Buzz to see if they are enjoying the show... How
> about checking with us???

Shocker. He's desperate for approval -- even if it's a bald lie.

His tone and enthusiasm really suggest that Buzz hates what he's doing (no great loss there), and Robb is probably too busy trying to sound jacked up about everything to notice that he's a total sellout.

Posted by: big o ()
Date: September 04, 2008 02:50PM

An new all-time low: Seeing who can make the 5 gallon water bottle make chuging sounds. That is compelling radio.........

Posted by: name ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:28PM

If you hate the show so much why don't you idiots just stop listening rather than continue to listen and post these daily reports? 10 pages, 10 pages! Usually from the same people who brand the show "unlistenable."

Date: September 04, 2008 07:39PM

Hi, Mike. Enjoying your vacation?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 05, 2008 04:34PM

This post starts in April with the same dipshits complaining about the show 5 months later. Why do you still listen? Same peeps who used to hate on the old show. Go listen to Howard haters. Its not the same as D&M but I still enjoy it. Maybe because I just miss the old show.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: September 06, 2008 09:02AM

Five months of bitching and moaning.

Uh, here's a clue - change the station.

Geez.

Posted by: No Meara ()
Date: September 06, 2008 09:25AM

I keep checking this post hoping we'll have some news about the shows termination. I tune in for 1 minute every 2 weeks to see if its been mercifully replaced with something good like O and Dukes. Greaseman would be a 20x improvement over the current show....

Date: September 06, 2008 10:26AM

I did stop listening and I am encouraging others to do the same. Mike was a total ass to my girlfriend and others at a Junkie event. There was absolutely no reason for his attitude.

Posted by: jeeves ()
Date: September 06, 2008 01:20PM

We keep posting because it's fun....

Posted by: Lardo ()
Date: September 06, 2008 05:24PM

I listen to Mike for the same reason Rob watches Jerry Lewis, to hear some fat old has been try and be funny. It is like listening to a train wreck everyday.

Posted by: baron ()
Date: September 06, 2008 05:37PM

Such an old argument, if u don't like it why listen & critique?
A) ez way to kill 5 min in car (all i can stand to listen to)
B) comparing it to the old D&M show (begs the comparison, 20+yrs)
C) still hoping Mike will be remotely half the funny guy he was on the old show
D) it sucks so bad it's screaming for us to pick at it, like a giant ass pimple
E) maybe Mike O will read this and have another gallon of ice cream to calm his
nerves

Date: September 06, 2008 06:57PM

baron Wrote:
> Such an old argument, if u don't like it why
> listen & critique?
> A) ez way to kill 5 min in car (all i can stand to
> listen to)
> B) comparing it to the old D&M show (begs the
> comparison, 20+yrs)
> C) still hoping Mike will be remotely half the
> funny guy he was on the old show
> D) it sucks so bad it's screaming for us to pick
> at it, like a giant ass pimple
> E) maybe Mike O will read this and have another
> gallon of ice cream to calm his
> nerves

Yeah, these about sum it up for me too.

Funny how no one seems to turn their complaints back on people like "Bob" and "Justin," thusly -- if you don't like our comments, why read them? There are certainly enough other fora on this site and elsewhere to attract your attention.

It's only radio, after all. We all need to lighten up, or risk becoming fanatics like our friends on the other D&M board.

Date: September 06, 2008 11:27PM

Bob Wrote:
> Five months of bitching and moaning.
>
> Uh, here's a clue - change the station.
>
> Geez.

I really don't listen to WJFK very often anymore. However, sometimes during the Sports Reporters or a lull in the music, I will switch over for a few. I really can't believe the show hasn't improved much since it went on the air.

Posted by: justme ()
Date: September 08, 2008 02:16PM

You cant really blame Mike at this point. The blame should rest on the shoulders of the WJFK/CBS suits who keep it on the air. How can they possibly listen to it and think they have a winner. I realize that it may be temporarily earning income for the station but I have to think that the sponsors are soon going to dry up.....

Date: September 08, 2008 03:26PM

Here's a question - who is pulling better ratings and advertising bucks right now Mike O'Meara or Jack Diamond? It's the battle of the old WYRE/WBEY boys! Right now, I have to think that Jack Diamond is winning. It has to be killing Mike!

Posted by: RatBoy ()
Date: September 09, 2008 12:01AM

"Here's a question - who is pulling better ratings and advertising bucks right now Mike O'Meara or Jack Diamond? " ------------

I really don't know, but that is because I can't tell the difference between the two anymore. Mike might as well bring back the Crap blues band to complete his transformation into Jack Diamond.

F'ing disgrace to the memory of the D&M show.

Date: September 09, 2008 12:33AM

Lot of Buzz haters on this board...

I always thought Buzz was the best thing about D&M and the only good thing about the new show. They guy makes maybe 5 comments in an hour and they are the 5 funniest things in the hour.

I've really resisted bagging on the Mike show because I was a big D&M fan for 15 yrs, but it really doesn't keep my attention for more than 5 mins. Don always seemed honest. Mike doesn't. Mike's nicer to the guests but I always picture him as the guy that would insult you and your girlfriend if you met him at a Junkies event.

BTW, I was kind of out of touch when Don left the show and I never really heard the in-depth story of why he left so quickly. Is the story on line anywhere?

Posted by: T ()
Date: September 09, 2008 06:00PM

I wish you all would quick your b***ing.

Agreed, the new show does not hold me the way the old show did, but it's still the most entertaining stuff on the radio today. Does the show not make you lol on a regular basis? It does me.

My only negative is this - keep the buzz babes out of the studio. They should be seen and not heard. The Friday shows are good as usual until the hens start clicking, then the show becomes quite annoying.

Regardless, I'm a fan.

Posted by: Snapping Cows ()
Date: September 09, 2008 06:39PM

You "lol on a regular basis" at the MOM show. Enough said.

Still, I lol'ed at the idea of hens "clicking." Thanks for that.

Posted by: Molly ()
Date: September 09, 2008 07:23PM

The Current MOmeara show is LOL? You do know that means laugh out loud?

I only ask because there is NO way anyone LOL's at that show.

Posted by: Rob's Secret ()
Date: September 09, 2008 08:02PM

I do. Mike & I are the same age and I get his stuff. I just love a good impressionist and Mike is one of the best. His topics of discussion are varied and interesting for the most part, and the personalities on the show are very, very good. If you cannot laugh at clever humor go listen to Howard Stern.

Don Geronimo was/is the very best at his craft. He has decided to take a different career path. There is no reason to dismiss Mike O'Meara's extraordinary talents because Don is no longer there. Please, be reasonable.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 09, 2008 08:28PM

"I just love a good impressionist and Mike is one of the best." _ Rob's Secret

Mike hasn't done a good impression in years. Give a WJFK listen link or point out a podcast since Mike has taken over where he does a good impression.

It is really sad that Beth Ann and Mike are using their vacation time trying to defend the show.

Hi Mike!

Posted by: Trig Palin ()
Date: September 09, 2008 08:33PM

I heard the show for the first time today and it was the FUNNIEST thing ever!!!

Posted by: T ()
Date: September 09, 2008 08:53PM

"Has not done a good impression in years"!?! Are you all deef? He has mastered that craft.

He, along w/ buzz and rob, are all talented radio personalities and they compliment one another very well. I do miss Don - he was the very best, no doubt. But even w/o him this is still the best thing on the radio.

You have to appreciate the fact that these guys open their lives up on the radio. It makes the show something more then just entertaining.

If you don't get the clever humor, etc, then move downward to Stern.

PS. Interesting forum. I live in Balto, but am moving to the area. I was doing some research on what to do/see and stumbled upon this site. Good stuff.

Posted by: Bristol Palin ()
Date: September 09, 2008 08:57PM

Trig Palin Wrote:
> I heard the show for the first time today and it
> was the FUNNIEST thing ever!!!

Was it the same old stick? 40% sound clips of comic lines by somebody else? callers that Mike and Rob hang up on? Mike being a total ass to listeners? Some made up game show that makes no sense?

Ready for the Katie show!

Posted by: No Meara ()
Date: September 09, 2008 09:53PM

My problem with the show is O'Meara does not sound genuine. It becomes vrey obvious when he tries to tell a long and involved story. Don was very good at describing the frustrations of shopping at Walmart etc, Mike sounds premeditated and PHONEY. The guest interviews are awful. Rob no longer drops a funny one liner or sarcstic/insensitive crack like he was good at, he sounds like he is trying to get a drunk into a car. Buzz has nothing but very old pot jokes,liberal politics and sexual innuendo he is too old for.Beth Ann is obviously the "token" female and shouldn't be on more than a minute or 2 she is NOT a good on-air personality.
Katie sounded cute when I last tuned in 2 weeks ago...

WJFK should pay us to be in a focus group. We'd all probably listen if the show could be fixed. Until then it's MP3's and WTOP....

Date: September 09, 2008 09:53PM

Trig Palin Wrote:
> I heard the show for the first time today and it
> was the FUNNIEST thing ever!!!

Now THAT'S funny. Good boy, Trig. Good boy.

Posted by: Omeara still sux ()
Date: September 09, 2008 10:14PM

"Please be reasonable." That is LOL.

Date: September 10, 2008 12:45PM

Old Fan Wrote:
> Here's a question - who is pulling better ratings
> and advertising bucks right now Mike O'Meara or
> Jack Diamond? It's the battle of the old
> WYRE/WBEY boys! Right now, I have to think that
> Jack Diamond is winning. It has to be killing
> Mike!

This IS a good question, and I hope it doesn't get lost in all the snark and blistering wit we're throwing down :-)

Unfortunately I don't have connections in the industry who would be able to provide insight into Arbitron and ad spend data...but perhaps someone else on the list can shed light?

Posted by: Jermey Coleman ()
Date: September 10, 2008 08:48PM

What's going with show this week, it all repeats?

Did Mike quit again?

It would nice if they took out the old news from the repeats.

Phelps just won his second gold medal today? A shooting at the Democratic headquarters in Arkansas about an hour ago.

Posted by: 2 Much NEWS ()
Date: September 10, 2008 09:27PM

If you want proof that Mike O'Meara sucks, TRY and listen to the "BEST OFs". It is just Buzz reading the newspaper and sucky interviews. If they took out Buzz reading the news, there would be nothing left of Mike O'Mearas show. That fat, lazy, son of a biatch needs to get off his lazy a$$ and start putting together a show or he needs to leave radio and let someone else with more of a drive take over. I am so sick of News, Interview, News, Interview, News, small talk, News, Count to Ten, News.

Posted by: one who knows! ()
Date: September 10, 2008 09:45PM

Fall ratings (Oct-Nov-Dec) WILL deal the knockout blow to this lame show.

Lock it in.

Date: September 10, 2008 10:54PM

That Memory Game is really a bore to listen too. I can't switch the dial more quickly when his show is on. How did it ever get this bad?

Trickie

Posted by: garmin ()
Date: September 12, 2008 08:58PM

How bout the great re-run of the family feud game? thats the best they can pull for BEST OF?????????? They play these games without adding an edge or and angle to them. If I wanted family fued, Id dig up Richard Dawson and play his reruns....

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: September 15, 2008 03:38PM

I guess Mike wants to legalize his relationship with Carla (ie. proposing to her during the break) before the show is cancelled thus making it more difficult for her to leave him when he is unemployed........

Date: September 15, 2008 04:55PM

I'm done with the Mike O'Meara show. The show has lost all life.

What other afternoon drive time radio shows are good?

Posted by: Murph ()
Date: September 15, 2008 08:04PM

The only truly funny thing ever uttered on the Mike O'Meara Show was said today:

Mike: We have no agenda.

Riiiiiiight.

Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.