HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 920
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Jeff ()
Date: June 07, 2008 10:48PM

Yes, gone is Don's 'whining and bitching about life health and lost youth'. Yes, gone is the Don and Mike show audience. Only a SMALL mind could enjoy this re-incarnation of the former show. It is a parody of it's former self. LARGER minds realize Geronimo was simply creating interesting radio that delivered ratings over a 20 year plus span. O'Meara has already spun off 25% of that in 1 month. Enjoy it before it gets canned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Neil ()
Date: June 08, 2008 10:16PM

For a show that apparently sucks so much, and will soon have no listeners, you all seem to be... LISTENING. Quite a bit in fact, to be able to rattle off so much info about several segments. I've never met anyone who listens to a show they don't like, so either you actually do like the show, or you're hopelessly stupid. Flame away... but do so during the commercials so you DON'T MISS A SECOND! Morons.

Posted by: jules ()
Date: June 09, 2008 07:36AM

I have listened about 10 min a day since the other one left. It is easy to find out what's coming up, because that's one of the major parts of Mike's show, to promote upcoming guests or interviews.
One can, in fact, listen to something, have an opinion, and listen again later. I also listen to 1035 for traffic, but also find it greatly overrated. I also click on 97.1. But the truth is while I used to spend most afternoons on 1067, now I spend 10 min and then it's back to NPR. Mike appears disinterested and so am I!

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 09, 2008 09:06AM

Neil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For a show that apparently sucks so much, and will
> soon have no listeners, you all seem to be...
> LISTENING. Quite a bit in fact, to be able to
> rattle off so much info about several segments.
> I've never met anyone who listens to a show they
> don't like, so either you actually do like the
> show, or you're hopelessly stupid. Flame away...
> but do so during the commercials so you DON'T MISS
> A SECOND! Morons.

Apparently you aren't reading. We AREN'T listening. We all gave it a chance and we have stopped listening. We think it sucks.

FYI - I think the Junkies suck, too. I used to listen to WJFK all of the time. I don't listen to it at all now. The station used to be in the Top-5, now it is competing with lowly AM-ers in the mid-teens. It is bad. Michael Hughes should stick to programming music formats, because he obviously knows nothing about news/talk (this is the same guy who got rid of Ron and Fez and initially didn't want to give Big O and Dukes a show because Don Geronimo suggested it, but gave us Peter Rosenberg, Jay Severin and Bill O'Reilly instead).

Posted by: BIG BROWN ()
Date: June 09, 2008 09:17AM

DON AND MIKE HAD LOTS OF LOYAL LISTENERS, SOME OF US ARE JUST NOT FEELIN WHAT MIKE IS DOIN. PITCHY, DOGG! JUST AHHHHHHITE! ITS REALLY NOT BAD FOR A STANDARD TALK SHOW, WHICH DON AND MIKE WERE NOT. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE JUMPING OFF THE SHIP. AND LANDING HERE OR OTHER SPOTS TO LAMENT THE LOSS OF A DECENT SHOW IN THE AFT DRIVE TIME.

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: June 09, 2008 01:31PM

The ratings speak for themselves.

Posted by: Beth Ann Sucks ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:58PM

Bring back Ron and Fez.

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: June 09, 2008 09:06PM

And now they're playing the same sucky game show day after day after day; just half assed just trying to pass the time as if they're filling in temporarily for the main hosts who are on vacation. problem is they've already shown what they have in their entertainment inventory, and its not much. the show already feels old and tired and it just started. Be sure you go to O'meara's, tune into the Mike O'meara Show and sign on to Themikeomearashow.com. He's probably trying to get the studio named after him and the street he lives on named after him. And he made that mandatory appearance on the Big O and Dukes show today. How lame. Most of us are writing because we're disappointed about the show and WJFK doesnt seem to care. I'll likely keep listening because there is nothing else to listen to. They need to move Mike into the 7pm slot and put something more entertaining in the drive home slot....

Posted by: georiga ()
Date: June 10, 2008 08:59AM

After listening for a few weeks, I must agree. Why not just call the show Mike OMara's Password? A boring game on tv, it seems to be the only "bit" hes got. Too bad, I always thought Mike was the brightest bulb, guess I was wrong.

Anyone got any talk radio options for someone with a 55 min commute?

Posted by: Tbats ()
Date: June 10, 2008 09:06AM

Call Mike today and ask if you can speak to Chad Dukes or Anthony Cumia!

Posted by: . . . _ _ _ . . . ()
Date: June 10, 2008 04:01PM

Beth Ann Blows Wrote:
> Just turned on the show and Beth Ann is on the
> air.
>
> Fat Chick

Date: June 10, 2008 07:46PM

Why is that BethAnn and her friend Mike above me?? I'd better get out of here~~~

Posted by: Travis ()
Date: June 10, 2008 10:24PM

Tbats Wrote:
> Call Mike today and ask if you can speak to Chad
> Dukes or Anthony Cumia!

I love you Tommy.

Posted by: Tony ()
Date: June 11, 2008 10:07AM

"Why is that BethAnn and her friend Mike above me?? I'd better get out of here~~~"

Well I can't make out their faces but since she is in the dominant position and the guy is in the submissive position, it pretty much could be Beth Ann and Mike. Stop being BethAnn's bitch Mike.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: June 11, 2008 10:10AM

What do you think WJFK will replace the show with? Sports? News?

Date: June 11, 2008 10:16AM

I've started listening to "the brothas" like Donnie Simpson and Russ Parr. They are a lot funnier than the shit you hear from Kane, The Junkies, etc.

Posted by: Capital_Loser ()
Date: June 14, 2008 12:22AM

Everyone over at RadioGodsF is a major loser who needs to get a life.

Posted by: Jenna ()
Date: June 15, 2008 07:04AM

I've read all the hype good/bad about this "after D&M show" and my instant analysis is: The Mike O Meara show = After M*A*S*H. Don & Mike show = M*A*S*H. This new show is so much everything the other show was not. And that's not good, imho! Oh well I can always listen to 107.7 or even Gawd forbid 107.3. I feel the Mike show is doomed to early cancellation.

Posted by: jack ()
Date: June 15, 2008 09:25PM

Is anyone else ready to vomit when he says "We'll be right this after that" when he breaks for commercials. If this is going to be his trademark, better hang it up now. Don must be doing backflips off his deck.....

Date: June 15, 2008 09:34PM

jack Wrote:
> Is anyone else ready to vomit when he says "We'll
> be right this after that" when he breaks for
> commercials. If this is going to be his trademark,
> better hang it up now. Don must be doing
> backflips off his deck.....

Don loves this shit. Nothing strokes his ego more than knowing that they can't do it without him. Better yet, they can't do it listening to Michael Hughes and playing CBS's game.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: June 16, 2008 08:19AM

Ron and Fez - Noon to 3pm - XM 202

Posted by: JohnM ()
Date: June 16, 2008 09:05AM

I wonder what Carla got Mike for Father (figure) day?

Date: June 16, 2008 09:58AM

JohnM Wrote:
> I wonder what Carla got Mike for Father (figure)
> day?

Chlamydia.

Date: June 16, 2008 11:13AM

jack Wrote:
> Is anyone else ready to vomit when he says "We'll
> be right this after that" when he breaks for
> commercials. If this is going to be his trademark,
> better hang it up now. Don must be doing
> backflips off his deck.....

YES, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I changed the station the last time he said it.

Date: June 16, 2008 11:16AM

I did enjoy hearing Beth Anne's sex-apades cougar stories.

Posted by: . . . _ _ _ . . . ()
Date: June 16, 2008 11:31AM

Jester Wrote:
> I did enjoy hearing Beth Anne's sex-apades cougar
> stories.

Big Chick

Posted by: Diego ()
Date: June 16, 2008 02:28PM

I jumped the ship after 2 weeks. I didn't possibly imagine Mike could suck so bad. Thank goodness I still have Howard to listen too.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: June 16, 2008 02:50PM

Diego Wrote:
> I jumped the ship after 2 weeks. I didn't possibly
> imagine Mike could suck so bad. Thank goodness I
> still have Howard to listen too.

Who?

Posted by: Hall ()
Date: June 17, 2008 12:11PM

I don't know why Karla/Carla is dating Mike. He is just using her for her youth and is leading her along. He will never want to have kids with her. He will never marry her, and he will never again make the money he did on the Don and Mike Show. He is just using her up for her youth. Good luck trying to find a man when you hit your 30's Karla/Carla, you'll be all used up by then and all the beauty of youth will be gone.

Date: June 17, 2008 04:52PM

Hall Wrote:
> I don't know why Karla/Carla is dating Mike. He
> is just using her for her youth and is leading her
> along. He will never want to have kids with her.
> He will never marry her, and he will never again
> make the money he did on the Don and Mike Show.
> He is just using her up for her youth. Good luck
> trying to find a man when you hit your 30's
> Karla/Carla, you'll be all used up by then and all
> the beauty of youth will be gone.

The guy is a habitual marrying man. He will marry her, sire some more dependents, and be divorced and even more broke in five years. Some people never learn.

Posted by: bill9e ()
Date: June 17, 2008 07:41PM

Ive got to admitt, after giving the show a couple of months to grow on me, it simply has NOT! Mikes continuous manic bitching is getting old, and the cocktail friday crap sucks. Drunk drivle is not entertaining at all. Rob talks WAY TOO MUCH! SHUT UP!! Beth Ann is a snooze fest, get rid of her and give us more Joe.

Date: June 18, 2008 06:30AM

I'd always heard Carla was a former tt dancer. Pics anywhere?

Posted by: peter ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:13AM

Turned on 1067 monday and guess what?!? Password again! And not even so people can know the fucking word in advance. Bye Bye 1067! Mike OMearas show is unlistenable.

Posted by: Used to love the show ()
Date: June 19, 2008 05:21PM

Rob is an ass who NO ONE wants to listen to. Mike is trying to do his best without the glue of the show - Don, but he just isn't cutting it. Let Buzz talk!

Posted by: Old Fan ()
Date: June 19, 2008 05:31PM

I guess I'm an old fan of Mike O'Meara's. I think the highlight of his career was when he was the Master Of Ceremony at the old Bubbamania shows. He's gone downhill ever since he split up with his wife Billy and left WBEY country 103.

Date: June 19, 2008 08:57PM

Old Fan Wrote:
> I guess I'm an old fan of Mike O'Meara's. I think
> the highlight of his career was when he was the
> Master Of Ceremony at the old Bubbamania shows.
> He's gone downhill ever since he split up with his
> wife Billy and left WBEY country 103.

I tuned in for about five minutes today. I was stunned when Mike was talking about an idea he had just come up with when talking to Carla. Apparently, he has this idea that Robb and Buzz should bring their iPods in and play songs from them and try to guess whose iPod the songs are from.

I was stunned because this is AN OLD D&M BIT!!!!! I have no problem with Mike using bits from the old show. What I have a problem with is this bullshit Jack Diamond-like fabrication that he just thought of it two days ago with Carla. Does this guy think his listeners are fucking idiots???

Oh yeah. Given what I have heard for the past month, he DOES think his listeners are fucking idiots!!!

Posted by: tbats ()
Date: June 19, 2008 10:06PM

ANyone notice that Mike is toerable and almost funny when he drops in with the Junks or O and Dukes? For some reason, he can just not be a star, he's a supporting character at best. He did well when Don's wife was killed and he had to anchor it alone, though..

Posted by: Chill ()
Date: June 19, 2008 11:51PM

In just a couple of years Mike's daughters will be old enough to be Buzz babes and I hope they come home pregnant and full of STDs. Feeling Old now Mike?

Posted by: :-( ()
Date: June 20, 2008 12:25AM

Daddy Mike is gonna have sum mixed up kids with three divorcees and a stripper girlfirend.

Posted by: brian ()
Date: June 20, 2008 10:12AM

Someone said it perfectlt...he is a SIDEKICK. Mike, go back to what you do best...being a local Ed McMahon. He's (Mike) already got a resturant that went under, so maybe he's closer to Ed than we know.

Posted by: RobbaySucks2 ()
Date: June 20, 2008 01:55PM

I am still trying to figure out what Robbay brings to the table besides crappy radio games. He needs to step it up.

Date: June 20, 2008 01:59PM

RobbaySucks2 Wrote:
> I am still trying to figure out what Robbay brings
> to the table besides crappy radio games. He needs
> to step it up.

Step up, or step out.

And where is Joe? Joe is comic gold. Instead, you have to listen to Bitch Ann McBride!

Posted by: RobbaySucks2 ()
Date: June 20, 2008 02:36PM

I think Joe is just happy to have a job after his "I can't work with O'Meara" fit that he had on the Old Don and Mike show. That still cracks me up to this day.

Posted by: GoneFishing ()
Date: June 20, 2008 10:06PM

The show sucks. Time for the way back machine and IPOD. I gave Mike a couple of months to pull his head out of his ass and I can't stand listening anymore. Toodles ass, you should of kept Don around.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 20, 2008 11:11PM

I couldn't even listen to Mike's Birthday show. I AM FINISHED! HIS SHOW SUCKS!

Posted by: ken ()
Date: June 23, 2008 01:09PM

Was listening to the Junkys this Am and they promoted Mike's show by saying he's have an author on who wrote a book about what your stuff says about you. This is what they promote to get people to listen?!? Why not just say the show sucks, don't listen? Some author and a generic book? Thats whats happenin today on WJFK. Oh how the mighty have fallen...........

Posted by: tbats ()
Date: June 23, 2008 06:54PM

WJFK is desperately trying to cross promote O'Meara on the Junks and Big O and Dukes. If you pay attention, the guest appearances all seem to serve the interest of getting people to tune into Mikes awful show..

Mikes actually an OK guest on the other shows- he needs a real funy man around to help himself shine. O and Dukes need to get onto the afternoon drive slot, they are young, hungry and far more entertaining.Maybe O'Meara can run the prize closet or drive the JFK van to appearances...

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 24, 2008 10:20AM

Cross promotion of the virginia-based shows, Liddy and D&M, was very effective for the two shows when JFK was in it's infancy as a talk station.

The WARS between the two shows, however, were always what kept things interesting. Hopefully JFK is just bringing everyone together in solidarity so they can have a messy and sensational spat, on the air.

Posted by: Letr ()
Date: June 24, 2008 11:01AM

Hearing Mike & Rob kiss Big O and Dukes ass all the time is getting real old. It is pathetic to see an old man kiss a boys ass.

Posted by: ugh ()
Date: June 24, 2008 02:46PM

6/24 - First on DCRTV. Starting 7/7, former WJFK-FM afternooner Don Geronimo (right) will be working for eclectic rocker WOCM (98.1 FM), Ocean 98, in Ocean City each weekday from 1 PM to 3 PM doing "an up-tempo show" with "hit music that doesn't suck" from the 1970s and 1980s. There'll be jingles and he'll "talk up" the records. Geronimo, a three-decade radio vet who retired as half of "The Don And Mike Show" in April, has been spending the time since at his Ocean City beachfront condo, we hear. Geronimo guested this morning on WOCM's "Bulldog In The Morning Show" to discuss his future radio plans. The audio of that interview is available via wocmdg.mp3. When Geronimo left CBS-owned WJFK-FM, he was told that his non-compete contract allows him to work in markets where there are no CBS radio stations, a la Ocean City. Geronimo, a former "top 40" DJ at WPGC, is a big fan of classic pop tunes.....

Remember how nobody knew how much Tyra Banks sucked before she started talking? Well that is kind of like how nobody realized how much Mike sucked before he was given so much time. I hope Don's show streams on the internet. And I hope Big O and Dukes, Rob and Buzz, or Ron and Fez take over WJFK afternoons.

Posted by: Tuttle ()
Date: June 24, 2008 05:30PM

I hear you ugh, I hear you. I can listen to Mike for maybe an hour but that is it. I am glad to see Don is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You had your chance Mike "and you bleeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww iiiiiiittttttt".

Posted by: MIKE IS JACK DIAMOND ()
Date: June 24, 2008 05:40PM

YOU ARE A PHONEY,CRAPPY, HAS BEEN MIKE! Your show sucks! Your impressions sound NOTHING like the person you are tryingk to imitate. YOU SUCK! I hope you and your hooker girlfriend have fun looking for work. GO POUND SOUND YOUR WORTHLESS F>>>! Don Geronimo from 1-3 in Ocean City is where I will be listening. MIKE, ROBBAY, BUZZ -- you ALL suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: udothedishes.com ()
Date: June 24, 2008 06:51PM

I never seriously listened to the D & M show but the Mike O'Meara show is so far on-par with the other shows on WJFK. I used to be a huge Junkies fan but I get tired of their overt disinterest with their own show and their sense that they've "made" it. Big O and Dukes are probably the most geniune and interesing show on WJFK but is that really saying much?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 06:51PM by udothedishes.com.

Posted by: Jack ()
Date: June 25, 2008 03:47PM

And I think it's kind of "in your face" when the Junkies brag about how much money they've made but chalk it up that they've been working their butts off for the last 11 years (yeah, working 4 hour days....).

As far as Mike, if you like to listen to bad game shows daily, tune in. Nothing like obscure true or false questions for 30 minutes (to which everyone guesses the answers). Oh boy, tons of fun!!!!

Date: June 25, 2008 06:11PM

You're right Jack - Mike is obsessed with trying to be fun with bad game shows. He's been cursed since he met Tiny Tim in Pasadena, MD back in the early 80's. Mike was able to rid himself of Jack Diamond but has been better as a radio sidekick since his WYRE days. And the Junkies aren't much better.

Date: June 25, 2008 10:55PM

I think Mike has so many gameshows because the sales staff at WJFK has had to sell his show through trades to get ads on. They are probably having contests to unload all of the crappy products and services they have received from sponsors unwilling to part with cash.

Date: June 25, 2008 11:10PM

I give the show 6 more months tops! Don was the back bone of that show. To be honest it was a d- with him there. There no Howard Stern no matter how hard they try.

Date: June 26, 2008 04:47PM

That's right ILITechnology - you speak the true. In six months, Mike will looking for a new job. Maybe he'll give Sid a call or find out if Rick Scarfa can help him.

Posted by: kdog ()
Date: June 27, 2008 05:57PM

I wanted the show to work but it obviously doesn't. There is no chemistry without Don. Buzz is an idiot and Bethann has the charisma of a garden slug. Robay is the only reason to listen to the show. He is witty and funny. he should have his own show. Finally, the 40 minutes of commercials per hour would seem to indicate that CBS is trying to cash in while they can, before the bottom drops out of this lackluster show.

Posted by: kuroinu ()
Date: June 27, 2008 06:07PM

Buzz "oh dear" Burbank is a flaming dickweed.

Date: June 27, 2008 09:13PM

Every show seems to be the same routine: an author; a game show; news; a comedian here and there; BORING!!!!

They wont even take calls from people who think the show sucks. I laugh each time they put on a caller who states that the show is great. I cant find one redeeming or entertaining thing about it. Mike even admits it's all about passing the time for 4 hours. With the Don and Mike Show and even to a certain extent with Big O and the Junkies, it didnt seem obvious that they were "passing the time." With Mike, it seems like every minute is an effort for them. I cant see how CBS doesnt see this and realize that its going to be a struggle for them month after month after month. Every episode is predictible and seems the same. How much fun was the memory game? It was lame, boring and they made it up as they went along. I cant believe with all the collective time they've had in radio, this is the best they can do. They sound like amateurs who just came onto the radio scene with no angle or agenda. Mike and Buzz have twice as much time on the radio as the Junkies and ten times more than Big O and yet they are running circles around them. I think it all comes down to chemistry and how the talent play off of each other and Mike Buzz and Rob just dont have the formula,

Date: June 28, 2008 12:15AM

What I don't get is the guests they book. I mean, the authors are always boring. They never come up with quirky or interesting guests. Yeah, I think Friday Night Lights was a great book and movie, but does anyone need to hear from the author now??? What happened to the days when they would book people who sold everything they owned for a double or nothing bet on roulette in Vegas? Or that guy who would do bizarre, random crap if people would pay him $500 to do it?? Those bizarre people are interesting. Mike trying to be Tim Russert and interview people about "important issues" is just dull.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: June 28, 2008 12:23AM

Yeah I miss Mr. Skin, Mr. Methane and that lady that gave sex advice. Did Gladys die? The one they bought the TV for and she couldn't figure out how to turn it on?

Posted by: Cajun Boy ()
Date: July 01, 2008 06:16AM

Show sucks without Don. Mike can only function as a sidekick. Even when Rob does have something funny to relate, Mike can't keep his big mouth shut long enough to let Rob be funny, he has to keep interrupting to get his big mouth on the radio.

Posted by: Sue ()
Date: July 02, 2008 04:41PM

Is Don coming back to radio?
Where, when???
... I certainly hope so.
I'd rather have a flaming hot poker driven into my head, rather than listen to Mike whine and scream...oh he sucks....

Date: July 02, 2008 06:31PM

don geronimo IS coming back to radio, in Ocean City, no joke. He is going to be doing some kind of dj show spinning classic rock or oldies or somesuch nonsense. He can only do solo shows in markets where cbs has no station.

s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: July 02, 2008 08:37PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 08:40PM by inkahootz.

Date: July 02, 2008 10:03PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> don geronimo IS coming back to radio, in Ocean
> City, no joke. He is going to be doing some kind
> of dj show spinning classic rock or oldies or
> somesuch nonsense. He can only do solo shows in
> markets where cbs has no station.

I like Don, but how long do you think it will be before he is bitching on the air about the GM in Ocean City? Even if it is a part-time gig, I'm sure Don will find something to complain about.

Posted by: YesButNoButYes ()
Date: July 02, 2008 11:48PM

"I'm sure Don will find something to complain about"

Don't care. It will be a LOT better than Mikes crappy show.

3.1 ratings - way to go. Sure you lost Baltimore and other stations, sure radio advertising is losing out to T.V., Print, and the internet, but you got a 3.1!

Freaking loser.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: July 03, 2008 12:07AM

They cover this a lot on the dcrtv web site . It's all about local media. It's pretty interesting too. www.dcrtv.com
I read the mailbag and the rants.

Date: July 03, 2008 02:52AM

I got it from dcrtv.

Posted by: toby walrite ()
Date: July 03, 2008 07:48PM

the show is ok . just ok. mike needs to talk more about what is going on in his life and cut the dumb guest and bad games i must say i love the power of ten .beth ann should stay off mic. mike needs someone to feed off of , it is still one of the best radio shows out there .radio is in bad shape.

Posted by: Stupid ()
Date: July 04, 2008 02:14AM

You double posted stupid! Besides we all know the poster is either Dani Payson or Lambchops from the RGF Boards upset because Mike called you Fat, Old, Lonely, Losers. Multiple names and Multiple posts, you got caught. MIKE O'MEARA AND THE BUZZ BABES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCK IT YOU NEGATIVE BITCHES!

Posted by: puckett ()
Date: July 05, 2008 09:09PM

Mike and Robbay are great sidekicks (Buzz is worthless in any capacity, and frankly a creepy weirdo), and I wanted to see the show work out, having been a fan for several years.

But this show's on life support.

MO'M can't bear to have more than thirty seconds of someone else talking, and he even sounds nervous about yielding the focus for that long (he slips into a redundant babble, hoping someone will bail him out...but then interrupts them again).

Robb's "Professor" mode, which used to be funny in the sidekick capacity, has become his continuous manner of speech on air...making him sound far too self-impressed.

Speaking of self-impressed... thy name is Buzz Mike Syphy Elston Birdley Burbank. Enough said. (Just shoot him.)

Sorry, Dan Mason and Michael Hughes - you whiffed on this one.

Posted by: Sam Stone ()
Date: July 07, 2008 03:03PM

Buzz Burbank is a weird old pervert who really brings down the show. He's also amazingly stupid. Listen to his "news" sometime and it's obvious.

Posted by: Agreeden ()
Date: July 07, 2008 03:05PM

Buzz needs to look in the mirror and then the calendar. Creepy old fart.

Posted by: Sheqel ()
Date: July 07, 2008 03:40PM

Don't waste your time listening to this shit and other commercial radio. Purchase Sirius satellite radio. TOTALLY worTH the minor investment. Any way...STERN FUCKING RULES!!!

Date: July 08, 2008 09:51AM

Sheqel Wrote:
> Don't waste your time listening to this shit and
> other commercial radio. Purchase Sirius satellite
> radio. TOTALLY worTH the minor investment. Any
> way...STERN FUCKING RULES!!!

Satellite radio sucks. The signal cuts in and out as you drive. God forbid you should drive under a tree!

The content really isn't that much better than regular radio. Just like Clear Channel, they play the same tired shit from the 80s and 90s over and over again. Do I really need to pay each month for the privilege of hearing No Doubt sing "Don't Speak" or Oasis sing "Wonderwall?" It's all the same crap.

Posted by: Since WAVA ()
Date: July 08, 2008 10:37AM

The show needs better tech support. Beth Ann is a horrible waste. Don would operate the board so smoothly while he was in mid conversation. Mike can't figure it out, he is a great personality but not a show leader. I like Rob and Mike but Buzz is a moron. Does Buzz really believe a 60+ creepy old hippee like him can pull the whole country over to the left wing?
Fire Beth Ann, Limit Buzz to news and comment, no more political agenda. Let Mike be Mike and Rob be Rob, bring in a radio guy to glue it all together.

Posted by: Sheqel ()
Date: July 08, 2008 10:40AM

WashingToneLocian wrote:

Satellite radio sucks. The signal cuts in and out as you drive. God forbid you should drive under a tree!

The content really isn't that much better than regular radio. Just like Clear Channel, they play the same tired shit from the 80s and 90s over and over again. Do I really need to pay each month for the privilege of hearing No Doubt sing "Don't Speak" or Oasis sing "Wonderwall?" It's all the same crap.

Obviously you are hanging out with some losers that have XM radio in a piece of shit car because Sirius has over 200 channels and I do not believe I have ever heard them play Wonderwall. Not that I would listen to a sucky channel that played that shit. They have at least 10 channels of music for each style so it is rare to hear a song over and over again. It also does not cut out as long as your car has a decent radio system in it.

You are just a poor ass loser that can't afford Sirius (a big $14.95/month) and are trying to make yourself feel better about being stuck listening to shitty commercial radio. And with Sirius you can listen to it anytime with Internet access...even overseas.

Poor bastard. I feel for you-NOT!!!

Date: July 08, 2008 10:43AM

Sheqel Wrote:

>
> You are just a poor ass loser that can't afford
> Sirius (a big $14.95/month) and are trying to make
> yourself feel better about being stuck listening
> to shitty commercial radio. And with Sirius you
> can listen to it anytime with Internet
> access...even overseas.
>
> Poor bastard. I feel for you-NOT!!!

I've had both Sirius and XM and have canceled both. They suck. That is why XM is on the verge of going under if Sirius doesn't buy them. HD and Internet radio are much more cost efficient alternatives. It will only be a matter of time before you can listen to Internet radio in your car using wi-fi.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 08, 2008 10:49AM

I agree. I am a Sirius subscriber and absolutely love it. I have no intention of ever returning to AM/FM. I rarely have signal problems in my car, only if I'm sitting under a bridge or driving in a parking deck. I mostly stream the signal over my laptop, which is a great feature. I can understand not wanting satellite if you are happy with terrestrial radio, but to say "it sucks" is way wrong. The programming is tremendously better than anything you can find on regular radio, probably a thousand times better.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: July 08, 2008 10:56AM

My wife has become addicted to XM satellite radio.

We spent $600 to get rooftop antennas to get steady reception in our new house. I was ready to cancel XM, but she wasn't.

HD is a free alternative, but I suspect Internet will have the same issues with satellite in finding 'dead zones' where there's no Wi-Fi to be had.

Posted by: joeblow ()
Date: July 08, 2008 11:03AM

Then listen to a different channel idiot!

Date: July 08, 2008 11:22AM

Keep Beth Ann, there's something sexy about her

Posted by: Digging Don ()
Date: July 08, 2008 12:43PM

I like Dons dig at Mike during the show saying that he was the star/producer/writer/on-air producer/ etc. It's also funny that the tricycle Mike gave to Don turned out to be a complete lemon, just like Mike.

Posted by: black dog ()
Date: July 08, 2008 12:58PM

Get rid of Beth Ann and Buzz. She's a bore and he's a moron.

Date: July 08, 2008 02:09PM

One comment about today's Junkies show:

I get a laugh every time the Junkies talk to Cakes'/Jon Auville's sex/love life with his wife Amy. Im sure most of the audience in radio world conjure up this image of him banging a hot wife. One must remember that he met his wife pre-Junkies days when he was a manager of Toys R Us (or before then). Even the other junkies play it up like she's a hottie (I guess they have to). Jon and his wife are very visible in the Olney community (particularly his wife). I dont write this to be mean, just to set the record straight. Let's just say, Jon's wife's looks are on par with his looks. She is at best a "plain jane", the type that would marry a Toys R Us manager. He must be kicking himself in the ass now that he can pretty much have any women he wants due to his celebrity. And I loves the way he swears he has never swayed..... BS!!!!

Date: July 08, 2008 02:28PM

jack Wrote:
> One comment about today's Junkies show:
>
> I get a laugh every time the Junkies talk to
> Cakes'/Jon Auville's sex/love life with his wife
> Amy. Im sure most of the audience in radio world
> conjure up this image of him banging a hot wife.
> One must remember that he met his wife pre-Junkies
> days when he was a manager of Toys R Us (or before
> then). Even the other junkies play it up like
> she's a hottie (I guess they have to). Jon and
> his wife are very visible in the Olney community
> (particularly his wife). I dont write this to be
> mean, just to set the record straight. Let's just
> say, Jon's wife's looks are on par with his looks.
> She is at best a "plain jane", the type that
> would marry a Toys R Us manager. He must be
> kicking himself in the ass now that he can pretty
> much have any women he wants due to his celebrity.
> And I loves the way he swears he has never
> swayed..... BS!!!!

I worked in radio for about four years. Even the ugliest fuckers ran around on their wives. I don't believe I knew one person in radio - or television, for that matter - who hadn't been divorced at least once.

When you work local radio, the only real benefit is "the strange." The money usually isn't that good.

Posted by: !!!! ()
Date: July 08, 2008 03:26PM

So, which radio host supports the RD and which is opposed? Do they have any insight into the viability of the lawsuit?

Date: July 08, 2008 03:33PM

!!!! Wrote:
> So, which radio host supports the RD and which is
> opposed? Do they have any insight into the
> viability of the lawsuit?

Let's just say if someone on the RD thread called Beth Ann McBride, there is a 50/50 chance Mike O'Meara would interview them on his show.

Posted by: Stupid Bitch Dani ()
Date: July 08, 2008 04:24PM

Thanks Dani Payson from the RGF boards for screwing up Don Geronimos live feed.

Burn in hell.

Posted by: Dani sucks ()
Date: July 08, 2008 11:56PM

Good move you stupid bitch.

Posted by: jp ()
Date: July 09, 2008 02:15PM

What criteria did they use for "Best Of." They all sucked and it's like having brain surgery without anethesia having to listen to it a second go-around...

Date: July 09, 2008 03:15PM

So, CBS Radio's legal department has cracked down on the Web stream coming out of Ocean City (Don's show on WOCM). Does anyone else think...

(1) Don's teasing (but less than charitable) recent remarks about Mike and the show hastened CBS's quick action?

(2) Upon his return to the air next week, Mike will miss yet another opportunity to "be real" and acknowledge something going on that his listeners would be interested in, and make ZERO reference to Don or WOCM?

Keep in mind, since they've been on vacation we haven't had a chance to hear so much as a peep from Mike about his old partner (and supposed friend) getting back on the air. Not even a "Good show, right?" (a la Larry)

Also, to jp's "Best Of" question above --

(1) As we've all said, it's BAD. They're going for the least of all possible evils.
(2) They've not even been on the air for 3 full months... not a big library from which to choose BO segments.

Date: July 09, 2008 09:01PM

puckett, I heard nothing about don commenting on mike's show... care to share what was said or link an article?

Date: July 10, 2008 01:30AM

RESton --

It's been referenced here earlier, and admittedly it's open to interpretation. I was referring to a comment toward the end of Monday's show in which Don referred to himself as the owner/producer/creator/star/main talent of his NEW show on OCM, followed by a "wink-wink" comment implying that he had been all of these things on the Don and Mike Show too. I didn't write down or record the comment verbatim.

Am I alleging that he blatantly/directly slagged Mike or the others on the air? No.

There was significant levity -- he was joking, of course. It is my personal belief and interpretation that there is a grain of true feeling behind this particular joke.

Others are free to disagree, and I mean no offense.

Posted by: bobby ()
Date: July 10, 2008 06:28AM

Based on what Ive heard of the show before and after, it is apparent that Don was the owner/producer, etc! Mike is awfully lame alone on his own show. Is is not possible that what Don was saying was a joke?

Date: July 10, 2008 07:47AM

puckett Wrote:
> RESton --
>
> It's been referenced here earlier, and admittedly
> it's open to interpretation. I was referring to a
> comment toward the end of Monday's show in which
> Don referred to himself as the
> owner/producer/creator/star/main talent of his NEW
> show on OCM, followed by a "wink-wink" comment
> implying that he had been all of these things on
> the Don and Mike Show too. I didn't write down or
> record the comment verbatim.
>
> Am I alleging that he blatantly/directly slagged
> Mike or the others on the air? No.
>
> There was significant levity -- he was joking, of
> course. It is my personal belief and
> interpretation that there is a grain of true
> feeling behind this particular joke.
>
> Others are free to disagree, and I mean no
> offense.

I have no doubt that privately Don thinks Mike's show is a piece of shit. But unless Mike really crews Don over on something in their personal lives, I find it hard to imagine that Don would overtly disparage Mike on the air. Afterall, based on what I gathered during Don's final days at JFK, it was Don who lobbied Michael Hughes to give Mike a shot at his own show. I'm not sure Don would openly admit that he was wrong and Michael Hughes was right.

Date: July 10, 2008 09:39AM

Mike's show, before anything else, needs a producer who is from outside. They need a fresh perspective in place. They brough tin too many of the lame people they had before, and those folks just don't hit on all cylinders.

do I really think it will save the show? no, you can't rescue the dinosaur once it has stepped into the tarpit.

Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 920

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.