HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can the president sign an order drafting all male illegal aliens into the army and ship them to fight in Iraq? (like what Truman did when he was president?)
Posted by: NotTaxi ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:12PM

Can the president sign an order drafting all male illegal aliens into the army and ship them to fight in Iraq? (like what Truman did when he was president? when the coal miners went on strike, he threatened to draft them all)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can the president sign an order drafting all male illegal aliens into the army and ship them to fight in Iraq? (like what Truman did when he was president?)
Posted by: NotTaxi ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:13PM

sorry... hit "Post message" too quickly...

I was just saying, draft all the male illegal aliens from Fairfax County only
and that should be plenty...

Re: Can the president sign an order drafting all male illegal aliens into the army and ship them to fight in Iraq? (like what Truman did when he was president?)
Posted by: DeathByCop ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:15PM

Stimpy, you idiot!!!!!!

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:16PM

This sounds dubious at best and highly ILLEGAL at worst. I doubt this would ever happen and would be a severe human rights violation. Besides, unless we offered the illegals citizenship AFTER they completed a tour of duty, what motivation would they have to not defect go AWOL and or fire on our own guys at the first opportunity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2008 02:17PM by ferfux.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:16PM

The president can sign whatever order he wants.

Whether the Supreme Court upholds it or not is the important matter.

Posted by: Stu ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:17PM

seems like the perfect solution to me!

get the ILLEGAL aliens to fight an ILLEGAL war for us!

time to start a petition!

Posted by: Stu ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:21PM

because going AWOL or fire on our own guys is a felony...
and in war time, that's probably a capital offense?

all presidents have the legal right to draft anybody
he likes... it may not be a popular thing to do, but
this presidential authority is absolute, even the
supreme court would agree.

ferfux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This sounds dubious at best and highly ILLEGAL at
> worst. I doubt this would ever happen and would be
> a severe human rights violation. Besides, unless
> we offered the illegals citizenship AFTER they
> completed a tour of duty, what motivation would
> they have to not defect go AWOL and or fire on our
> own guys at the first opportunity

Date: April 12, 2008 02:24PM

Stu Wrote:

>
> all presidents have the legal right to draft
> anybody
> he likes... it may not be a popular thing to do,
> but
> this presidential authority is absolute, even the
>
> supreme court would agree.
>
>

So the president can draft my grandmother or my 10 month old cousin is that right? Love to see them on the front lines. GIVE EM HELL GRANNY!

Posted by: Sgt Rock ()
Date: April 12, 2008 03:02PM

Just what every Drill Sergeant wants. An outfit full of gangsters who cant speak
English, learn how to march, or stay out of trouble. I can just see the
barracks now. Corona bottles all over the floor and half the unit is AWOL.
Yey YOU!!!! If the Army wanted you to go back to Bonga Bonga, they'd have issued
you orders and a Port Call!!!

Posted by: superb idea ()
Date: April 12, 2008 05:04PM

superb idea - draft all the illegals and declare war on mexico and honduras followed by a lengthy occupation by individuals with local ties

Posted by: Wrinkle ()
Date: April 12, 2008 05:16PM

All male immigrants 26yrs old or under entering the US (legally OR illegally!) are required to register with the "Selective Service" (aka the draft).

For legal immigrants it's an important step because all subsequent forms of any consequence (e.g. Green Card application, Naturalization application) require you list your Selective Service registration number. If you did not register, and you were supposed to, it's a big black mark against your name (which is a bad thing for anyone trying to legitimately move through the immigration system).

So, given that illegals are meant to register (yes, it's dumb and I'm certain they don't), I suppose it means they could be drafted should the draft be reinstated. However, in reality it wouldn't pan out that way -- folks would freak out! Kinda reminds me of the South Park movie and 'Operation Human Shield'

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: April 12, 2008 05:22PM

Human rights issues aside, who is going to do their work while they're gone?

Date: April 12, 2008 05:24PM

Wrinkle Wrote:
> All male immigrants 26yrs old or under entering
> the US (legally OR illegally!) are required to
> register with the "Selective Service" (aka the
> draft).
>
> For legal immigrants it's an important step
> because all subsequent forms of any consequence
> (e.g. Green Card application, Naturalization
> application) require you list your Selective
> Service registration number. If you did not
> register, and you were supposed to, it's a big
> black mark against your name (which is a bad thing
> for anyone trying to legitimately move through the
> immigration system).
>
> So, given that illegals are meant to register
> (yes, it's dumb and I'm certain they don't), I
> suppose it means they could be drafted should the
> draft be reinstated. However, in reality it
> wouldn't pan out that way -- folks would freak
> out! Kinda reminds me of the South Park movie and
> 'Operation Human Shield'

Fine thats my point anyway. Let them serve in combat and get the fast track to citizenship.

Posted by: Libertarian1 ()
Date: April 12, 2008 05:27PM

Stop with the "their work" crap already. Do you really believe there are just some jobs that can only be done by people who reside in the US illegally without the proper documentation?

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: April 12, 2008 05:36PM

I never said that there are certain jobs that can only be done by illegal immigrants.

However, let's be realistic. The February 2008 unemployment rate for Fairfax County was 2.6%. You really think that the average Fairfax County resident with either a valid work visa or US citizenship is going to work for minimum wage (and no benefits) just so we can have cheap labor?

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: April 12, 2008 07:18PM

Stu Wrote:
> all presidents have the legal right to draft
> anybody he likes... it may not be a popular thing to do, but this presidential authority is absolute, even the supreme court would agree.

The President doesn't have the power to institute a draft at all; that's a power that the Congress has. And it certainly is subject to the Supreme Court.

The President just gets to command the army, once Congress has raised it.

Date: April 12, 2008 07:36PM

Spacy Wrote:
> Stu Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > all presidents have the legal right to draft
> > anybody he likes... it may not be a popular
> thing to do, but this presidential authority is
> absolute, even the supreme court would agree.
>
> The President doesn't have the power to institute
> a draft at all; that's a power that the Congress
> has. And it certainly is subject to the Supreme
> Court.
>
>
> The President just gets to command the army, once
> Congress has raised it.

the only armed service the president can command with impunity is the Marine Corps. He can send them anywhere in the world for 30 days with no say so from congress. Then he has to answer to someone. Other than that he needs to consult with Congress.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: April 12, 2008 07:50PM

I think NotTaxi is confusing this for the time shortly after WWII when several unions were threatening to strike. Truman was preparing to sign an executive order to draft all members of the unions. The unions backed down and Truman never went through with the threat, so it was never tested in court. I find it improbable that illegal immigration was such a big deal in 1946 that Truman was threatening to draft illegal aliens.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: April 13, 2008 06:21PM

Ferfux..things have changed. Current administration thinking is that the president has unlimited power as commander in chief...you need to watch this...we all need to watch this..it is truly scarey

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/cheney/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2008 06:21PM by Vince(1).

Posted by: Cunt ()
Date: April 15, 2008 03:54PM

Vince(1)..its time for you to shut the fuck up.

Posted by: Libertarian1 ()
Date: April 16, 2008 12:23AM

The unemployment rate does not count people who have given up looking for jobs. The underground economy siphons tax revenues and ripples through the economy in insidious ways. It's not really more cost effective when the tax burden is passed along to a shinking workforce. At the same time consumer disposable income drops as peripherral industries associated with legitimate business drops due to reduced demand.

Translation: It's not the job; it's the pay.

Date: April 16, 2008 03:01PM

Cunt Wrote:
> Vince(1)..its time for you to shut the fuck up.

Gravis...I wont shut up...so get over it.

Posted by: USA First ()
Date: May 21, 2008 08:08AM

This is about the dumbest idea I have ever heard. It is basically xenophobia and immigrant bashing. Don't forget, all you America "firsters" out there, if you really want the country to be only for "true" Americans who were here first, get the F out and leave it for the Native Americans.

Posted by: EducatedWhites ()
Date: May 21, 2008 08:18AM

NotTaxi Wrote:
> sorry... hit "Post message" too quickly...
>
> I was just saying, draft all the male illegal
> aliens from Fairfax County only
> and that should be plenty...

What do you do when they come back? Deport them? Just make sure you kick them square in the nuts before they deploy for good measure.

Seriously, is this what they mean about stupid err.. uneducated white folks who vote for Hillary?

Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: May 21, 2008 08:38AM

EducatedWhites Wrote:

> Seriously, is this what they mean about stupid
> err.. uneducated white folks who vote for Hillary?

Yes

Posted by: slavery ()
Date: May 22, 2008 04:03PM

sounds like what we did with the slaves and their freedom

Posted by: Heh ()
Date: May 22, 2008 04:11PM

Who exactly are you talking about when you say "WE"?

slavery Wrote:
> sounds like what we did with the slaves and their
> freedom

Date: May 22, 2008 06:11PM

Cunt Wrote:
> Vince(1)..its time for you to shut the fuck up.

I will after saying this...so, currently all you 20 something males are afraid to work hard and compete....and now you all are afraid to fight also? I find that surprising...but if it's so...it's so.

Posted by: STFU ()
Date: May 23, 2008 09:06AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Cunt Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince(1)..its time for you to shut the fuck up.
>
>
> I will after saying this...so, currently all you
> 20 something males are afraid to work hard and
> compete....and now you all are afraid to fight
> also? I find that surprising...but if it's
> so...it's so.

Seriously, STFU!

Date: May 23, 2008 11:31AM

Dear STFU...you are a silly little boy...go outside and play.

Date: May 23, 2008 11:45AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Cunt Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince(1)..its time for you to shut the fuck up.
>
>
> I will after saying this...so, currently all you
> 20 something males are afraid to work hard and
> compete....and now you all are afraid to fight
> also? I find that surprising...but if it's
> so...it's so.

the Army is signing up 40 year olds its getting so desperate. But i doubt we would go back to the draft

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.