HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you really get a keg from Coors if you fill a gallon milk jug with can tabs?
Posted by: p2dak ()
Date: April 11, 2008 05:54PM

Do you really get a keg from Coors if you fill a gallon milk jug with can tabs? And if so do ya'll know where?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you really get a keg from Coors if you fill a gallon milk jug with can tabs?
Posted by: Dude ()
Date: April 11, 2008 06:08PM

Bring me the empty milk jug and I'll fill it up with piss for you. It'll save you the postage and taste better than Coors would.

Re: Do you really get a keg from Coors if you fill a gallon milk jug with can tabs?
Posted by: p2dak ()
Date: April 11, 2008 08:15PM

yea is there anyone with an intellegent answer out there?

Posted by: Buford T. Justice ()
Date: April 11, 2008 08:23PM

Only if you live West of the Mississippi. Truckin' Coors beer East of the Mississippi is bootleggin', son.

Posted by: Ehona Thurgood, Esq. ()
Date: April 11, 2008 08:23PM

p2dak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yea is there anyone with an intellegent answer out
> there?

The intelligent would believe in Nigerian Internet scams, before that.

Posted by: FrankS ()
Date: April 11, 2008 08:27PM

so I guess I should stop milking my cat to fill up the gallon jug?

Posted by: Dude ()
Date: April 11, 2008 09:07PM

Ask an intelligent question and you might get an intelligent answer. Why, why would you bother drinking such shitty beer? And why would you bother trying to get it for free when it's already cheap?

Posted by: Mike00 ()
Date: April 12, 2008 01:49AM

there was a rumor when I was in high school that Budweiser would give you a keg for doing the same thing, so I'm guessing it isn't true, but I don't know

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:01AM

I doubt it is true - and anyone who had the means to cold storage a keg would not drink cans anyway.

But hey, go for it!

And for those who were not invited to Gravis's last party, it was a hoot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2008 09:10AM by Radiophile.
Attachments:
beercans5.jpg

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:52AM

It would take that many cans of "Colorado Cooler" to make you drunk.

Awful beer. An insult to beer to call that stuff beer.

Posted by: Carole ()
Date: April 13, 2008 11:29PM

The metal in the "pop top" is more valuable than the can. Many organizations collect them and turn them in to hospitals. A friend's mom was collecting them to give to her church - she said it was for $$ for dialysis or something....

Posted by: Good Speller ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:51AM

p2dak Wrote:
> yea is there anyone with an intellegent answer out
> there?

How the fuck would the Coors Company be able to tell if all the tabs are from their cans or not?

You really think someone would actually get paid to inspect an entire fucking milk jug full of tabs?

Posted by: SCkid ()
Date: April 24, 2008 11:08AM

Yes it is true that you get a keg. I live in Clemson, south carolina and at the super bilo if you take 2 milk jugs full of tabs it rents you a keg and tap for 2 nights and is filled with the beer of your choice. there are only 3 choices though. i dont know if they do that everywhere. but it is true here. It just takes forever to collect all them damn tabs and it has to literally be filled to the brim on each

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:02PM

well aparantly can tabs are 100% aluminum where as the can itself is a mixture of aluminum and tin...

aluminum is @ about $1.30 per pound right now... and according to the all mighty internet, 1000 tabs is about 1 lb...

a gallon, being 231 cubic inches will hold about 6000 can tabs...

6000 tabs ~= $8

so the answer is most likely no... because who the hell wants to give kegs away for $8???

and with those numbers, 1,000,000 should be like $1300.... but i'm guessing that the tab isn't actually 100% aluminum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2008 01:06PM by bdimag.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 24, 2008 02:14PM

" It just takes forever to collect all them damn tabs and it has to literally be filled to the brim on each"

Clemson eh?

Re: Do you really get $250 if you fill a gallon milk jug with can tabs?
Posted by: jason ()
Date: August 15, 2008 01:07PM

I heard that if you fill up a gallon with tabs you get $250

Posted by: a ()
Date: November 14, 2008 03:48PM

I drank a gallon of milk at the coors brewery in golden, they gave me a free fresh keg for it. It still tasted worst than naty ice

Posted by: rama19 ()
Date: November 14, 2008 05:02PM

I once drank alot of beer and filled my roommates shoe up with a monster size turd. All it got me was an ass beating.

Posted by: HeartsCove ()
Date: February 09, 2009 12:59AM

Yea I'm in clemson too and the super BiLo does still do the free keg for 2 gallon jugs full of tabs but the area hospitals also collect them for fund raisers and it provides free chemo and dialysis treatments for under insured or non insured patients.....maybe we should stop getting shitty drunk off nasty beer and help someone live another day

Posted by: Merritt ()
Date: February 09, 2009 10:52AM

bdimag Wrote:
> > a gallon, being 231 cubic inches will hold about
> 6000 can tabs...
>
> 6000 tabs ~= $8
>

Perhaps they're willing to do it because you've now bought 6000 cans of beer. What's a six-pack of cans, $5? $6? At $5/6-pack, you're paying about $5000 for those tabs, so Coors just might give you a keg for free.....

Posted by: MIKE H ()
Date: March 24, 2009 11:55AM

IT ONLY TAKES THE MOST 4700 TABS TO FILL A MILK GALLON.. AND IT SHOULD WEIGH ABOUT 2 LBS.

Posted by: a to z ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:38PM

Merritt Wrote:
> bdimag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > a gallon, being 231 cubic inches will hold
> about
> > 6000 can tabs...
> >
> > 6000 tabs ~= $8
> >
>
>
> Perhaps they're willing to do it because you've
> now bought 6000 cans of beer. What's a six-pack
> of cans, $5? $6? At $5/6-pack, you're paying
> about $5000 for those tabs, so Coors just might
> give you a keg for free.....

The original poster has got to be a county math teacher,,, de de de

Posted by: Jackson ()
Date: July 09, 2009 05:10AM

a to z Wrote:
> Merritt Wrote:
> -----
> > bdimag Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > > a gallon, being 231 cubic inches will hold
> > about
> > > 6000 can tabs...
> > >
> > > 6000 tabs ~= $8
> > >
> >
> >
> > Perhaps they're willing to do it because you've
> > now bought 6000 cans of beer. What's a
> six-pack
> > of cans, $5? $6? At $5/6-pack, you're paying
> > about $5000 for those tabs, so Coors just might
> > give you a keg for free.....
>
> The original poster has got to be a county math
> teacher,,, de de de

What's wrong with his math? 6000/6 is 1000. 1000*$5= $5000. I don't see where you're having a problem. Maybe your ignorance is impairing your comprehension.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 09, 2009 07:09AM

lol @ the view count for this thread.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 09, 2009 07:13AM

pgens Wrote:
> lol @ the view count for this thread.

Good eye! I had to go back and look at it and then I LOL'd.

Posted by: William Magnani ()
Date: July 30, 2009 09:45PM

Okay, so I know that you can get a free keg for filling a gallon or two gallon milk containers with tabs, but anyplace in New York or relatively close places? I don't want to get a free keg having to spend more than a keg is worth on gas money.

Posted by: Negro ()
Date: August 31, 2009 04:10PM

DON'T LISTEN TO THESE ASSHOLES!!!!! IT IS A FUCKING URBAN LEGEND AND IT IS COMPLETELY FALSE. I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE CLEMSON BILO AND THEY JUST LAUGHED AND LAUGHED AND LAUGHED.

FUCK YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Merritt ()
Date: September 01, 2009 09:08AM

ITRADE Wrote:
> It would take that many cans of "Colorado Cooler"
> to make you drunk.
>
> Awful beer. An insult to beer to call that stuff
> beer.

+1

I had the 'opportunity' (ok, I was forced) to take a tour of the Coors brewery with my Dad when we flew out for my sister's wedding. Even their fresh off the assembly line stuff tastes like swill.

Posted by: stephanie ()
Date: September 27, 2009 07:07PM

I live in Greenville, SC. Which Super Bilo are you talking about?

Posted by: JazzyB ()
Date: August 04, 2010 06:50PM

HAHAHAH! I totally fell for this one. I have WAY over a gallon. But now it's become habbit to collect them.
Whatever. I'll just make chainmail out of them instead as I don't believe in chemo and doctors with thier bullshit therapy. I have three friends who have beatin cancer through herbal medicine. Thanks for putting my mind at ease kids.

Posted by: Hkmadnes ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:51PM

Coors is not shitty. It's like bud or Mgd. High life isthe shit beer

Posted by: math major doctor ()
Date: September 14, 2010 03:56AM

u'd have to be stupid to think there isnt gonna be any void space in the milk jug and fuck who gives a flying fuck some1 answer the question i want to know whether or not to save my tabs you buttholes and i just hope CA counts for this.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 14, 2010 07:53AM

­

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 12:09PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: timmy d ()
Date: October 10, 2010 11:03PM

the keg is not for collecting a jug full of aluminum. you gotta buy the beer first which to get the thousands of tabs you need it would cost maybe a little more than $8. just a guess tho

Posted by: Russell Crowe ()
Date: October 11, 2010 04:16PM

OP, are you a fucking retard that escaped from the short bus?

Nobody gives out free shit for nothing. Even weak ass beer.

Did you know they piss in the water that they draw for that shit yellow beer you like? The mexicans do it at the corona plant. If you drink a corona, you're sampling some wetback's piss.

Posted by: your an idiot ()
Date: November 26, 2010 01:05PM

Good Speller Wrote:
> p2dak Wrote:
> -----
> > yea is there anyone with an intellegent answer
> out
> > there?
>
>
> How the fuck would the Coors Company be able to
> tell if all the tabs are from their cans or not?
>
> You really think someone would actually get paid
> to inspect an entire fucking milk jug full of
> tabs?

you are a fucking idiot!! they dont give a shit if they were "their" poptops. its the fact that if the majority of fuckheads who drink enough beer to fill a gallon jug with pop tops normally DONT. which is why they offer a free keg to anyone that can do it. and they make money cuz the keg is cheaper than the money you wud get for recycling. so the alcoholics get their beer and coors makes more money off of you stupid pathetic wastes of life that spend their time trying to get a free keg of beer.

Posted by: Faggot Tree ()
Date: November 26, 2010 01:47PM

This thread is funny.

It sits around a 3-4 month average between posts and just
recently sat around a solid eleven months ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR.
Talk about a thread nobody gives a fuck about.

To make it more pathetic, some loser spent the time to artificially
inflate the view count and 'Chuckhoffman' was kind enough to grace
the thread with his comment deleting bullshit.

Posted by: Bob123456 ()
Date: January 05, 2011 12:40PM

And what the hell do you drink? Dont say that piss called Bud Light

Posted by: Smart Person ()
Date: February 19, 2011 02:00PM

Posted by: him ()
Date: April 05, 2011 04:14PM

yall are losers

Posted by: Luke S ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:40PM

fuck everyone. BIG FLATS IS THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD. FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: hep ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:09AM

well i see someone has been enjoying beer runs to walgreens.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: August 28, 2011 11:00PM

I don't know but I would drink a doors before I would drink the skunk piss in the bud can

n
Posted by: daddy ()
Date: September 25, 2011 04:40PM

doesn't have to be coors can be any

Posted by: Mrs. Caveman ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:25PM

I have heard it for 20 years. I have saved many tabs, bought them at yard sales, auctions, have a friend i give them too for dialysis, but ive never been close enough to a anheiser busch company to trade them in to see if it was TRUE!............But for COORS light, that my mother used to drink on ice......I'm so glad I'm my father's daughter and drink the good stuff!...............Busch....Because you should go COME beer! tHANKS dAD I LOVE YOU....MAY YOU r>i>p.

Posted by: stag211 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 08:12AM

bud is just as bad as coors, real beer is NOT CLEAR!!

Posted by: mike huser ()
Date: December 03, 2011 02:37PM

fhn[qiueruis[aphnvc

Posted by: e5hansej ()
Date: June 30, 2013 08:03PM

Bunp

Posted by: Dinguses ()
Date: March 21, 2015 10:02PM

The tab on beer cans is the same exact grade of aluminum as the can itself. It is not worth any more at all. It's only worth it's weight in pure aluminum so you might as well just save the whole can. It is a rumor that you can get a keg with a gallon of tabs. It just doesn't happen. I know the Ronald McDonald foundation accepts donations of tabs.

Posted by: Meat Beat Manifesto ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:13AM

If you jack off and fill a milk jug, Jergens will give you a case of skin moisturizer.

Posted by: LOL Guy ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:15AM

Meat Beat Manifesto Wrote:
> If you jack off and fill a milk jug, Jergens will
> give you a case of skin moisturizer.

LOL. that's funny!

Posted by: CHV ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:45PM

Dinguses Wrote:
> The tab on beer cans is the same exact grade of
> aluminum as the can itself. It is not worth any
> more at all. It's only worth it's weight in pure
> aluminum so you might as well just save the whole
> can. It is a rumor that you can get a keg with a
> gallon of tabs. It just doesn't happen. I know the
> Ronald McDonald foundation accepts donations of
> tabs.

not wat I heard.

Posted by: bXhpp ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:03PM

Pull tabs are a special aluminium alloy reverse engineered from alien spacecraft. The government doesn't want you to know this.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.