HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Maryland a southern State?
Posted by: Lee ()
Date: March 26, 2008 03:57AM

I am confused about this, is MD considered a southern state or northern? I have been to some rural parts of Maryland where they have the southern culture, and fly the rebel flag. And i have been to other parts (Washington s'burbs) where its like a carbon copy of any Northern state. I have talked to many people from the state, and they seem to be equally split about their identities, can't seem to decide if they are southerns or northers. I am just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maryland a southern State?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 26, 2008 05:19AM

I will tackle this from a purely geographical perspective... anything south of the mason-dixon line is considered "the south".

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:57PM

southern culture sucks.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: March 26, 2008 07:46PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will tackle this from a purely geographical
> perspective... anything south of the mason-dixon
> line is considered "the south".

Correct, although Maryland is considered a border state, sort of like Herndon.

Posted by: Joseph ()
Date: March 26, 2008 09:43PM

From what I recall, although Maryland WAS a slave state, it never seceeded from the Union, so I can see why the sentiment would be split.

I'm originally from NY and I have arguments with a friend from back home over this from time to time. He agrees that anything below the Mason-Dixon line is "the south". I tend to disagree, only because I feel that the definition of "southern America" has changed quite a bit since the 1800s. For instance, I don't consider Baltimore a southern city or Maryland a southern state.

I don't consider DC a southern city either, mainly because DC and NOVA in general don't really have it's own image. I believe it's due to the massive amounts of transplants living in the area (I read somewhere that out of all US born people living in NOVA, only 3 in 10 are actually from VA). This is going to cause the area to not reflect, say, southern VA, which most likely is comprised of more VA natives who have family ties to the state for many years.

If you had to ask me, I would say a "new" Mason-Dixon line would be located somewhere between DC and Richmond. I know people who feel it should be placed even further south. One of the main reasons why my friend from back home, and I'm sure others, consider the DC/MD/NOVA area "the south", is because they have never seen the "real" south. I spent some time living in Pensacola and I've been to Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc. To me, that's the south, not the strip malls of Northern Virginia or Maryland.

Posted by: rodriguez ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:06PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> RESton Peace Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I will tackle this from a purely geographical
> > perspective... anything south of the
> mason-dixon
> > line is considered "the south".
>
>
> Correct, although Maryland is considered a border
> state, sort of like Herndon.

eh datz hernandez, mai!

Posted by: Dadam ()
Date: March 30, 2008 11:25PM

I'd draw the new Mason-Dixon line at Manassas Park's northern most boundary.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 31, 2008 09:59AM

Lee Wrote:
> I am confused about this, is MD considered a
> southern state or northern?

Ask Robert E. Lee. When the Confederate Army crossed into Maryland, he expected to be welcomed with open arms by Marylanders. Instead, they supported the Union forces.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 02, 2008 05:32PM

I totally agree with a previous poster. Manassas Park should be the northern fringes of the South. My girl purchased a home there and the drive from Reston to Manassas Park was almost as if I was traveling back in time. The South was the sh*thole of the nation in the 1860s and it continues to be today.

Date: April 02, 2008 06:22PM

I don't know about all of Maryland. However, one time I had to be in Charles County on a Sunday morning. It was 8:30 am and I drove up to what appeared to be a convenience store to buy a cup of coffee. I walked into the place and it was a bar full of drunk rednecks slumped all over the place. I was in dress clothes, so it made a real good impression. Needless to say, I didn't get coffee and I didn't stick around. Anyway, I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it anywhere else.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: April 02, 2008 06:36PM

Joseph Wrote:
> From what I recall, although Maryland WAS a slave
> state, it never seceeded from the Union, so I can
> see why the sentiment would be split.
>

Wasn't Maryland under martial law to ensure that it wouldn't secede? Or am I thinking of something else?

Anyway, I am sure that Maryland has its share of rednecks, but I wouldn't consider it a southern state. Then again, I don't consider Northern Virginia to be part of the south either.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 02, 2008 07:25PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
>>I walked into the place and it was a bar full of drunk rednecks

LMAO. On my way to Point Lookout down in southern MD 2 years ago, I stopped in a gas station somewhere near Chaptico, MD. This gas station had an entire bar inside, equipped with beer taps and shelves of liquor. It was only like 10AM, but these real scuzzy lookin redenecks were all hanging out drinking. They all looked at me like I was from another planet. Weird, weird scene, it was like the twilight zone. Never saw a gas station with a bar inside it before.

There are definitely some strange places to be seen down that way, much more "redneck" than anyplace I've seen in VA.

Posted by: barracuda ()
Date: April 02, 2008 08:00PM

OK, I'm a transplant here originally from Michigan. I just want to say that there are rednecks everywhere!! Go to some of the rural towns between Grand Rapids and Traverse City and you'll see just as many rednecks as you do in the south. The only thing that differs is their accent.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 02, 2008 08:15PM

barracuda Wrote:
>>> I just want to say that there are rednecks everywhere!!

I know, I was born and raised in smalltown PA. If you ever want to meet some of the worst people on earth, by gosh, you'll find more than you can shake a stick at living up there. You'll also hear some of the funniest accents ever too.

Posted by: lulz ()
Date: April 02, 2008 08:26PM

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 02, 2008 09:54PM

lulz Wrote:
> http://users.ixpres.com/~txcowboy/redneck7.jpg

LOL!

file.php?2,file=2212
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:15PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> Joseph Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > From what I recall, although Maryland WAS a
> slave
> > state, it never seceeded from the Union, so I
> can
> > see why the sentiment would be split.
> >
>
> Wasn't Maryland under martial law to ensure that
> it wouldn't secede? Or am I thinking of something
> else?
>
> Anyway, I am sure that Maryland has its share of
> rednecks, but I wouldn't consider it a southern
> state. Then again, I don't consider Northern
> Virginia to be part of the south either.

Yes and Lincoln also stopped Habeas Corpus which infuriated Chief Justice Taney, the same Taney that said that "negroes" weren't people in the Dred Scott case.

Date: April 03, 2008 02:23PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> >>I walked into the place and it was a bar full
> of drunk rednecks
>
> LMAO. On my way to Point Lookout down in southern
> MD 2 years ago, I stopped in a gas station
> somewhere near Chaptico, MD. This gas station had
> an entire bar inside, equipped with beer taps and
> shelves of liquor. It was only like 10AM, but
> these real scuzzy lookin redenecks were all
> hanging out drinking. They all looked at me like
> I was from another planet. Weird, weird scene, it
> was like the twilight zone. Never saw a gas
> station with a bar inside it before.
>
> There are definitely some strange places to be
> seen down that way, much more "redneck" than
> anyplace I've seen in VA.

Damn! That sounds like the place I was at, but I was over in Charles County. How many places do they have like that??

Date: April 03, 2008 02:27PM

Genevieve Wrote:

>
> else?
>

If I recall correctly, Lincoln did it for about 48 hours until the legislature voted against seceding. Lincoln surrounded Maryland's Capitol with Union troops until the vote occurred. I imagine if the vote had gone the other way, Lincoln would have declared war and would have taken the Capitol by force right then and there.

As for the Supreme Court, it did decide Lincoln violated the Constitution. However, when the decision came down it was near the end of the Civil War and we all know what happened to Lincoln then, so the point was moot.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 03, 2008 02:30PM

anybody ever been the the galvanized Yankee?

Posted by: Dawson Brown ()
Date: February 25, 2014 01:00PM

"Southern Culture Does not suck. I don't appreciate that statement at all. Who gives you the right to dog on Southern Culture, which by far is the best way to live, and through extent the people who live this way. At least here in the South we live closer to nature and our family ties are stronger."

- Dawson Brown

Posted by: local ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:02PM

My Great Great Grandfather, 43rd VA CSA, was a POW held in Ft Mc Henry, Baltimore. Answers it for me. And I don't much care for our anthem because of that either, sorry. The wind always blows north across Virginia 'cause Maryland sucks. Sorry, I know I'm all emotional about an antique thread but...

Posted by: the north of the south ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:03PM

Lee Wrote:
> I am confused about this, is MD considered a
> southern state or northern? I have been to some
> rural parts of Maryland where they have the
> southern culture, and fly the rebel flag. And i
> have been to other parts (Washington s'burbs)
> where its like a carbon copy of any Northern
> state. I have talked to many people from the
> state, and they seem to be equally split about
> their identities, can't seem to decide if they are
> southerns or northers. I am just curious.

Maryland be like the north of the south.

Posted by: SlaveMonger ()
Date: February 25, 2014 05:16PM

Maryland was a slave state, but since it bordered Chocolate City Lincoln forced it to remain in the Union.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: February 26, 2014 09:06AM

Genevieve Wrote:
> else?
>
> Anyway, I am sure that Maryland has its share of
> rednecks, but I wouldn't consider it a southern
> state. Then again, I don't consider Northern
> Virginia to be part of the south either.

This.

Lincoln didn't want to lose DC. He sort of held MD hostage. As for today, with the old farms and plantations to the south and east, and the farms and mountains to the west, Maryland is still pretty rural and southern. It's just the ugly, more familiar swath along I-95 that feels like the north.

Posted by: Nu Yawk NY ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:03PM

== Maryland is a Northeastern State. A Northern State. ==

When you look at the Baltimore–Washington Metropolitan Area and urban area where there are Populated places in Maryland with African American majority populations it is more Northern then Southern. Although sometimes the people there want to be from The South so bad it's crazy that it doesn't make any sense. Like back in the day like the 80's and 90's they were more like New York, New Jersey, and Philadelphia with a Northern Style and East Coast Style and you could not call them Southern this is a true story. Although back then it was more of a mixture you had some people from the Washington D.C. area trying to be like New York in the 80's and in the 90's and then wanted to be like The West Coast in the late 80's and the early 90's and mid 90's and then when The South got hot on the scene in the mid 90's. I am talking about Hip-Hop then the D.C. area wanted to be like The South and some act like they want to be from The South to this day. Now the Baltimore area back then was more like New York, Newark, New Jersey and Philadelphia until the mid 2000's they start acting funny like they wanted to be like Down South to and some of them act like that to this day. Also Maryland was not a Confederate State in The South. It was a Union State in The North along with others Northern states like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and so on. The Mason–Dixon Line have nothing to do with either North or South. The Mason-Dixon line was actually over a property dispute between Pennsylvania and the state of Maryland. This happened nearly a whole hundred years before The Civil War broke out. In which Pennsylvania won. The whole dispute was over Maryland wanted Philadelphia and Pennsylvania wasn't having that at all. Now how the Mason-Dixon Line seperate The North and The South through four states in which is West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Deleware? When the true seperation of The North and The South is the Parallel 36 30 north / Missouri Compromise. The only people whom feel as though they are Southern in the States of Deleware, Maryland, and Virgina is those who lives in Rural Areas better known as The Country. In which they are not really exposed to Urban Life better known as The City Life. And as far as Virginia is concerned in The Civil War times they was known as being a Southern State but really is part of The North also. The only reason that they said Virginia is a part of The South is because Virginia was a Confiderate State. Yes, Virginia has Southern tendencies to but in modern day times it is a Northern State compared to where the Parallel 36 30 north. Even in Virginia it has a Identity Crisis between knowing whether it's North or South. So with that being said Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C., and Virginia you are all Northeastern States. Meaning a Northern State that is also a East Coast State put it together it is a Northeastern State. Also meaning it gets the same weather as New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Deleware in which is all Northeastern States. Really at the end of the day Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C, and Virginia all have a Identity Crisis whether knowing you are The North or The South and where you stand at. Everybody else do. I hope this helps clearify it better where you stand at. Because y'all are not Southern and people from Down South don't even acknowledge y'all as being Southern. They veiw y'all as Northerners. So Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia you are The North. What I'am saying is Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C., and Virginia ya'll all have a Identity Crisis back then and now. Get off The South Dick. And Stop Dick Ridin The South. And in The South They Don't What Ya'll get off they Dick. Oh by the way this is more then Hip-Hop. Ya'll wanna be Southerners. Yeah Maryland had to get down or lay down shouts out to The North for holdin' It Down on the battlefield son. Northeast megalopolis, BosWash, Northeast Corridor, East Coast hip hop, Article by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY. 14:11, 25 July 2012

So let me get this straight. You are basing your entire argument on hip-hop? I am an African-American raised in Fort Washington. Maryland is Southern. The Census Bureau even classifies it as Southern. I am going to deconstruct your argument right now.

"It was a Union State in the North along with others northern states like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and so on. The Mason–Dixon Line have nothing to do with either North or the South" Yeah, because Lincoln forced them to be against their will. Midnight replacements because Lincoln knew that DC would be surrounded on all sides if Maryland seceded. The state song (to this day I might add) is about how Lincoln is a tyrant. The flag is actually a combination of the Union (Calvert - black and yellow) and Confederate (Crossland - red and white).

"The Mason-Dixon line was actually over a property dispute between Pennsylvania and the state of Maryland.This happened a whole hundred years before the Civil War broke out.In which Pennsylvania won. The whole dispute was over Maryland wanted Philadelphia and Pennsylvania wasn't having that at all. How the Mason-Dixon Line seperate the north and the south through three states in which is Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Deleware? When the true seperation of the south and north is the Parallel 36 30 north and Missouri Compromise." 1) Learn to spell. 2) This line was THE LINE. How did slaves on the Underground Railroad know that they were free? They were in Pennsylvania. They crossed the Mason-Dixon line.

"In which they are not really exposed to urban life better known as the city life. As far as Virginia is concerned in the Civil War times was known as being South but really is part of the North also. The only reason that they said Virginia is a part of the South is because Virginia was a Confiderate State. Yes, Virginia has southern tendencies but in modern times it is a Northern State compared to where the Parallel 36 30 north. Even in Virginia it has a identity crisis between knowing whether it's north or south. So that being said Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C., and Virginia are all northeastern states. Meaning a northern state that is also a east coast state put it together it is a northeastern state." You're kidding, right? Half the battles of the war took place in Virginia. In fact you know Arlington National Cemetery? That's Robert E. Lee's old plantation. They buried Union soldiers there as punishment for Lee fighting with Virginia and the South. Maryland also has southern tendencies. Have you been to Hagerstown, Port Tobacco, St. Mary's? You would think you're in the middle of Mississippi if someone dropped you there blindfolded.

"Also meaning it gets the same weather as New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Deleware in which is all northeastern states. Really at the end of the day Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C, and Virginia all have identity crisis whether you are north or south and where you stand at. Everybody else do. I hope this helps clearify it better where you stand at. You are not southern and people from down south don't even acknowledge you as being southern.They veiw you as northerners. So Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia you are the North." - Actually no. Maryland's climate zone aligns with the South as humid subtropical. The Northeast has a continental climate. And not all of them do. Maybe just the misinformed ones you know.

"Northeast megalopolis, BosWash, Northeast Corridor, East Coast hip hop" - You signed off with your "hashtags", huh.

This argument is so asinine it doesn't make sense. When you argue a point, please don't use a music genre that has developed over the past 40 years to talk about a 250+ year old state. By Fort Washington, Maryland A.K.A. Mississippi — Preceding unsigned comment added by 63.235.3.6 (talk) 19:08, 6 June 2014 (UTC)

This article or articles is by a straight up Ghetto Hood Project New York City N.I.G.G.A. The five boroughs is thorough. And you damn right I said N.I.G.G.A. meaning for those who don't know

Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished.

Now I see I have to break this shit down lil more illa for you slow dumb Muthafuckas out there. And just to let know I... will... not... lose. I prove you lost already. And yeah i'm talkin to you Mr or Ms Fort Washington, Maryland oh my bad wanna be Mississippi Fuck Outta Here with That Bullshit. This a New York City Nigga talkin to you cock sucka what up. You tried to play on my intelligence shame on you clown. You have Fuck Up now. LAUGHING MY FUCKIN' ASS OFF!!!

Ok lets talk about Bum Ass Maryland The State with a Identity Crisis and Confused as Fuck.

The Maryland State Flag

At first, only the gold and black Calvert arms were associated with Maryland. Meaning The Union The North. The red and white Crossland Banner Unofficial state flag of Maryland were associated with The Confederacy meaning The South. At first, the Crossland coat of arms was put in the upper-left corner, but this was supposedly swapped with the Union's Calvert arms because of the Union victory. However, it was not officially adopted as the state flag until November 25, 1904. 39 years after The American Civil War. Now some Maryland counties and municipalities have arms and/or flags incorporating various elements of the arms, including the City of Baltimore, as well as Calvert County, Caroline County, Baltimore County, Howard County, and Worcester County counties. Now 5 out 6 of those places have the black and gold design on the flags. The City of Baltimore, Calvert County, Caroline County, Baltimore County, Worcester County, Meaning The Union The North. Now only 1 out 6 have the red and white crossland banner colors which is Howard County, Meaning The Confederacy The South. The Union has more meaning The North. The Confederacy has 1 meaning The South. And also if you look at the United States Army Colors today it's Black and Gold. So what that tell you. And also Baltimore City is Maryland Largest city with The Union's flag meaning The North. I mean it looks like a Northern City anyway. It kanda looks like Philadelphia / Camden, New Jersey and a little bit of Newark, New Jersey. Now i'm talkin about when you actually go to those cities in ghetto to. Not just the nice side of town. They will actually resemble each other in many ways like the rowhouses. And the marble steps also set Baltimore's row houses distinct from other cities' row houses. Much like Philadelphia, some areas of the city that contain row houses are neglected. Scattered row homes and apartment rows can often be found in other Eastern and Midwestern U.S. cities. Meaning The North like Northeastern cities like Richmond, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston. So with that being said The Union The North is where it's at. The Union We are more Superior in The North. Like men Sgt. William Harvey Carney, Medal of Honor recipient a Union soldier of The North a Black Man. Sgt. Major Christian Fleetwood, Medal of Honor recipient a Union soldier of The North a Black Man. First Lt. Alonzo H. Cushing who has the Medal of Honor a Union soldier of The North who helped turn the tide at Gettysburg, PA. Rank Admiral David Dixon Porter a Union soldier of The North. Rank Admiral David Farragut a Union soldier of The North. Rank Major General of the Army of the United States (post-bellum) William Tecumseh Sherman a Union soldier of The North. Rank General of the Army of the (United States) / who later became Commander-in-chief Ulysses S. Grant one of the heads of The Union Army of The North. And then President Abraham Lincoln Commander-in-chief of the United States Army The Union Army of The North. Who helped free the slaves. And there are rumors that President Abraham Lincoln Commander-in-chief is to be Half Black. Who is also from The North. Abraham Lincoln's mother was having an affair with a black plantation worker and new DNA evidence suggests that she somehow tricked her husband into believing that Abraham was the couples child. Secret love letters unearthed in 2003 reveal that Lincoln's mother was conducting a clandestine affair with a slave named Iemis from a Kentucky plantation. We managed to attain DNA evidence from a lock of Abraham Lincoln's hair which proves that he had a very strong African genetic link. His chromosome makeup is very specific to West African DNA patterns and this suggests that Abraham's real father was indeed of African origin," Dr. Alan Holdsworth, who is the chief Anthropologist on this project told National Geographic magazine. Now we know why he was so vehemently opposed to slavery. Lincoln's father was a slave. His mother, a poor white farmer's wife had slept with a black slave and somehow concealed this fact from her husband. And then President Barack Obama The Great Commander-in-chief The Highly Intelligent Black Man. Who is also from The North. Now The Confederacy in The South is Wack. Straight up lets call it what it is. They are Wack. Real Talk. But yo on The Real though Maryland needs to change they state flag. And get that red and white Crossland Banner Confederate Bullshit off they flag. And some of the counties to. And Howard County would be one of them. And the Fuck Up part about it. The majority of my Black people in Maryland don't even know or don't even care about that shit true story. Article by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY.

Slave and free states

Slavery in the United States started in 1619 Twenty slaves in Virginia Africans brought to Jamestown are the first slaves imported into Britain’s North American colonies. Like indentured servants, they were probably freed after a fixed period of service. In 1641 Massachusetts is the first colony to legalize slavery. In 1650 Connecticut legalizes slavery. In 1663 Maryland legalizes slavery. In 1664 New York and New Jersey legalize slavery. In 1700 Pennsylvania legalizes slavery. In 1715 Rhode Island legalizes slavery. In 1820 Missouri Compromise Missouri is admitted to the Union as a slave state, Maine as a free state. Slavery is forbidden in any subsequent territories north of latitude Parallel 36 30 north. In 1849 Harriet Tubman Escapes After fleeing slavery, Tubman returns south at least 15 times to help rescue several hundred others. In 1861 to 1865 United States Civil War Four years of brutal conflict claim 623,000 lives. In 1863 Emancipation Proclamation President Abraham Lincoln decrees that all slaves in Rebel territory are free on January 1, 1863. In 1865 Slavery Abolished The 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution outlaws slavery. So thats 246 years of slavery in the United States of America from 1619 to 1865. Although slavery really started In 1501 African Slaves in the New World Spanish settlers bring slaves from Africa to Santo Domingo (now the capital of the Dominican Republic). So thats 364 years of slavery for us Black people from 1501 to 1865.

By 1800, all of the northern states had abolished slavery or set measures in place to gradually reduce it. By 1789, 5 of the Northern states had abolished slavery: Pennsylvania (1780), New Hampshire and Massachusetts (1783), Connecticut and Rhode Island (1784). By 1804 all the other Northern states had abolished slavery: New York (1799), New Jersey (1804). Vermont abolished slavery in 1777, while it was still independent, and when it joined the United States as the 14th state in 1791 it was the first state to have done so. In other words these northern states where slave states to. But you don't see us in The North Suckin Down South Dick. Talking about we The South to because we had slave states to Fuck Outta Here With Bullshit. And speaking of that. Delaware was above the Mason–Dixon line with Pennsylvania but it was still a slave state. And Delaware retained slavery until the Thirteenth Amendment was ratified in 1865. So What The Fuck Is You Talking About You Suck Off Lame. You Suck Down South Dick Don't You. Yeah You Do. And The Mason–Dixon line was surveyed between 1763 and 1767 by Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon in the resolution of a border dispute between British colonies in Colonial America. It is still a demarcation line among four U.S. states, forming part of the borders of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (originally part of Virginia). The Mason–Dixon line was established to end a boundary dispute between the British colonies of Maryland and Pennsylvania/Delaware. But the most serious problem was that the Maryland claim would put Philadelphia, which became the major city in Pennsylvania, within Maryland. You know Pennsylvania in The North not having that. And as far as Northern Virginia concern Arlington County, Virginia and Alexandria, Virginia just those two places in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. On December 23, 1788, the Maryland General Assembly passed an act, allowing it to cede land for the federal district. The Virginia General Assembly followed suit on December 3, 1789. Washington, D.C. The signing of the Residence Act on July 16, 1790, approved the creation of a capital district located along the Potomac River on the country's East Coast. The U.S. Constitution provided for a federal district under theexclusive jurisdiction of the Congress and the District is therefore not a part of any U.S. state. The states of Maryland and Virginia each donated land to form the federal district, which included the preexisting settlements of Georgetown, Washington, D.C. founded in 1751 and Alexandria, Virginia founded in 1749. During 1791–92, Andrew Ellicott and several assistants, including a free African American astronomer named Benjamin Banneker, surveyed the borders of the federal district and placed boundary stones at every mile point. The survey began at Jones Point, a cape located at the confluence of Hunting Creek and the Potomac River south of Alexandria. Many of the stones are still standing to this day. I have seen them myself. They are called Boundary Markers or Cornerstones. Southern corner Address Seawall south of lighthouse, Jones Point Park, 1 Jones Point Drive, Alexandria, Virginia. Western corner Address In Andrew Ellicott Park at the West Cornerstone, 2824 N. Arizona St, Arlington, Virginia. Northern corner Address 1880 block of East-West Highway (south side) Washington, D.C., and Montgomery County, Maryland. Eastern corner Address 100 feet (30 m) east of junction of Eastern and Southern Avenues Washington, D.C., and Prince George's County, Maryland. And thats just to name a few because there are more about 40 milestones that mark the four lines forming the boundaries between the states of Maryland and Virginia and the square of 100 square miles (259 km²) of federal territory that became the District of Columbia in 1801. Today, 36 of the original marker stones survive as the oldest federally placed monuments in the United States. Due to the return of the portion of the District south and west of the Potomac River to Virginia in 1846, some of these markers are now within Virginia. The sides of the square are each 10 miles (16 km) long. The specified orientation results in a diamond shape for the District's original boundaries on most maps. The Virginia stones were set in 1791, and the Maryland ones in 1792. The side of a boundary marker that faced the federal territory was inscribed "Jurisdiction of the United States". The opposite side was marked with the name of the border state: Virginia or Maryland. The remaining sides were marked with the year that the team placed the stones and with the marker's compass reading. And named in honor of George Washington, the City of Washington was founded in September 9, 1791 to serve as the new national capital. The federal district was named Columbia, which was a poetic name for the United States commonly in use at that time. Congress held its first session in Washington on November 17, 1800. The District of Columbia retrocession was the process of returning the land that was given to the Federal government of the United States for the original purpose of creating the national capital. The District of Columbia was formed in 1791 from 100 square miles (259 km2) of land ceded by the states of Maryland and Virginia in accordance with the Residence Act. The area of 31 square miles (80 km2) that was originally ceded by Virginia was returned to that state in 1847. The District's current area consists of the remaining 69 square miles (179 km2) of territory originally ceded by Maryland. Proposals to return the remaining portion of the District of Columbia to the state of Maryland are cited as ways to provide full voting representation in Congress and return local control of the city to its residents. The Organic Act of 1801 organized the District of Columbia and placed the federal territory under the exclusive control of Congress. The District was organized into two counties, Washington County, D.C. on the east side of the Potomac River, and Alexandria County, D.C. on the west side. Alexandria County was part of the original 100-mile square created as the District of Columbia in 1791. The portion of the District created from territory ceded by Virginia in Fairfax County was termed Alexandria County of the District of Columbia. It included all of the present day Arlington County, Virginia, plus part of what is now the independent city of Alexandria, Virginia. Following this Act, citizens located in the District were no longer considered residents of Maryland or Virginia, thus ending their representation in Congress. Almost immediately after the Organic Act of 1801, Congress took up proposals for the return of the territory to the states, all of which failed. Other Congressmen were of the opinion that the District could not be immediately returned without the consent of the residents and the legislatures of Maryland and Virginia. Some representatives rejected the idea of retrocession entirely and concluded that the Congress lacked the constitutional authority to return the territory. In the 1830s, efforts grew to reunite the southern portion of the District with Virginia. Besides the fact that District residents had lost representation in Congress, a number of additional factors aided the movement to return the area to Virginia. Returning Alexandria to Virginia allowed residents to seek financing for projects without interference from Congress. At the time, Alexandria was a major market in the American slave trade, but rumors circulated that abolitionists in Congress were attempting to end slavery in the nation's capital, which would have also seriously harmed the area's economy. There was also an active abolitionist movement in Virginia. If Alexandria were returned to the state of Virginia, the move would have added two additional pro-slavery representatives to the Virginia General Assembly. From 1840 to 1846, Alexandrians petitioned Congress and the Virginia legislature to approve retrocession. On February 2, 1846, the Virginia General Assembly agreed to accept the retrocession of Alexandria if Congress approved. Following additional lobbying by Alexandrians, the 29th Congress passed legislation on July 9, 1846, to return all the District's territory south of the Potomac River back to the Commonwealth of Virginia, pursuant to a referendum; President James K. Polk signed the legislation the next day. A referendum on retrocession was held on September 1–2, 1846. The residents of the city of Alexandria voted in favor of the retrocession, 763 to 222; however, the residents of Alexandria County voted against retrocession 106 to 29. I wonder why? Prolly because they didn't want to have nothing to do with slavery. The Union loyalists who lived in rural areas outside the town of Alexandria, rejected secession. Despite the objections of those living in Alexandria County, President Polk certified the referendum and issued a proclamation of transfer on September 7, 1846. The Virginia legislature, however, did not immediately accept the retrocession offer. Virginia legislators were concerned that the people of Alexandria County had not been properly included in the retrocession proceedings. After months of debate, the Virginia General Assembly voted to formally accept the retrocession legislation on March 13, 1847. Confirming the fears of pro-slavery Alexandrians, the Compromise of 1850 outlawed the slave trade in the District, although not slavery itself. Slavery was abolished throughout the District on April 16, 1862 – eight months before Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation — with the passage of the Compensated Emancipation Act. The city became a popular place for freed slaves to congregate. Escaped African American slaves poured into the military occupation of Alexandria. Safely behind Union lines, the cities of Alexandria and Washington offered not only comparative freedom, but employment. Over the course of the war, Alexandria was transformed by the Union occupiers into a major supply depot and transport and hospital center, all under army control. Because the escaped slaves were still legally property until the abolition of slavery, they were labeled as contrabands to prevent their being returned to their masters. Contrabands took positions with the army in various support roles. According to one statistic, the population of Alexandria had exploded to 18,000 by the fall of 1863 – an increase of 10,000 people in 16 months. As of ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment, Alexandria County’s black population was more than 8,700, or about half the total number of residents in the County. This newly enfranchised constituency provided the support necessary to elect the first black Alexandrians to the City Council and the Virginia Legislature. From 1846 to 1920, the county was known as Alexandria County, Virginia. In 1870, the independent City of Alexandria seceded from Alexandria County, and because of the confusion between the city and the county having the same name, a movement started to rename Alexandria County. The area that now constitutes Arlington County was originally part of Fairfax County in the Colony of Virginia. Land grants from the British monarch were awarded to prominent Englishmen in exchange for political favors and efforts at development. One of the grantees was Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron, who lends his name to both Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax. The name Arlington comes from Henry Bennet, 1st Earl of Arlington whose name had been applied to a plantation along the Potomac River. George Washington Parke Custis, grandson of First Lady Martha Washington, acquired this land in 1802. The estate was eventually passed down to Mary Anna Custis Lee, the wife of General Robert E. Lee. The property later became Arlington National Cemetery during the American Civil War, and now lends its name to present-day Arlington County. In 1920, the name Arlington County was adopted, after Arlington House, the home of the American Civil War general Robert E. Lee, which stands on the grounds of what is now Arlington National Cemetery. The Town of Potomac was incorporated as a town in Alexandria County in 1908. The town was annexed by the independent city of Alexandria in 1930. Arlington County shares with a portion of the independent City of Alexandria (including the former town of Potomac) the distinction of being once in Virginia, then ceded to the U.S. government to form the District of Columbia, and later retroceded to Virginia. Although Virginia was part of the Confederacy, its control did not extend all the way through Northern Virginia. However, the territory in present-day Arlington was never successfully captured by Confederate forces. The impression this gives is that Virginians do not consider areas north of the Rappahannock River as part of the state. One need only scan 1862–1864 to understand why. North of that river, which I have mentioned before, the United States dominated the terrain during the War of the Rebellion. It was only to the south of the Rappahannock River that rebel armies held sway on a consistent basis, almost to the end. In 1862, the United States Congress passed a law that provided that those districts in which the "insurrection" persisted were to pay their real estate taxes in person. The property containing the home of Confederate General Robert E. Lee's family at and around Arlington House was subjected to an appraisal of $26,810, on which a tax of $92.07 was assessed. However, Lee's wife, Mary Anna Custis Lee, the owner of the property, did not pay this tax in person. As a result of the 1862 law, the Federal government confiscated the property and made it into a military cemetery. And for also betrayal to The Union The North. Certainly, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis (alongside many others) were both technically traitors to The Union they had sworn to defend—and they both defended Southerners’ “right” to enslave millions of their fellow human beings. The Black Man. And The Confederate States of America The South did not have the authority or the right to secede from The United States of America The Union The North. But General George Thomas who is also from Virginia like Robert E. Lee who did not betray The Union The North. He was a loyal officer unlike his fellow Virginian, the betrayer Robert E. Lee, knew where his duty rested. There was an oath, he had sworn to it, and that was the end of things. I acknowledge that the whole idea of an “oath” actually meaning something in the “modern” age may not resonate with everyone. I do not really know how to bring this into the present for most of you. The social/intellectual/emotional concept of individual honor has sort of changed a lot in the past 150 years. Unfortunately sometimes I really do not understand those of you who do not feel deeply about honor. So Robert E. Lee treason, his betrayal of his oath as an officer of the United States Army. And George Thomas rejected the course of political and familial opportunism and stayed true to his oath. He won on the battlefield, over and over again, and defended the United States with his every action, and now he is largely forgotten. He was, in the end, the man true to his oath. As opposed to the others he fought. Like Robert E. Lee a Traitor to The Union The North. And so what Robert E. Lee resigned from The Union. He still fought for Slavery in The Confederacy. Even though they say Robert E. Lee was against Slavery but yet and still you fought for the side that was for Slavery. Action speaks louder than words. And oh by the way Confederate General of The South by the name of Nathan Bedford Forrest founded The KKK in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee after The American Civil War. Because they wanted to keep us Black People in check. Yeah Fuck Outta Here Picture That Bullshit. And also Mississippi had tried to get KKK License Plates. That commemorate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, a former Confederate Army general during the Civil War and early leader of the Ku Klux Klan. Now that's Fuck Up. But you Mr or Ms Fort Washington, Maryland / Mississippi I Wanna Be Down Like Brandy. Talking about Maryland is The South it looks like Mississippi. Get Off Mississippi and Down South Dick. They don't want you Fuck Outta Here. Real Talk. Now come on let's keep it real that's what The Civil War was all about. The South The Confederacy was for Slavery and The North The Union was against Slavery. In other words The Other Man which is some of The White Man wanted to enslave and control The Brother Man which is The Black Man My Black People for money and profit. And at the end of the day there is no justification for that. Sorry. The Confederate States of America The South was an early version of a Communist state/country. Where The White Man is all equal and they was like the Communist Government Party the high society. And The Black Man My Black People was the oppress people of the country and was not equal the low society. And it have been this way for a long time in this country even sometimes to this day. And They say we N-I double G-E-R, we are Much more, still we choose to ignore The obvious, man this history don't acknowledge us We were scholars long before colleges. Blacks have contributed a ton of knowledge to this world even if the History books (which are slanted towards whites) don’t acknowledge it. Look at the last 2000 years of our existence and what we brought to the world in terms of science, mathematics, agriculture and forms of government. Cause anytime we mention our condition, our history or existence They callin it reverse racism. Meaning that anytime blacks speak truthfully about America’s historical and current racism, they are accused of ‘reverse racism’. This basically means that Whites don’t want to hear blacks and other minorities speak about past injustices, so they label anyone who talks about it as a “racist” against white people. Now ain't that some shit. And they have the nerve. Like Fuck Outta Here with that Bullshit. Real Talk. Article by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY.

Maryland

10,000 B.C. The First humans arrived by this date in the land that would become Maryland. Europeans began exploring the area, starting with John Cabot navigator and explorer, sailed along Eastern Shore off present-day Worcester County, Maryland in 1498. Now thats 134 years before The Province of Maryland in 1632. In 1632, June 20 the Maryland Charter granted to Cecilius Calvert, 2nd Lord Baltimore, by Charles I, King of Great Britain and Ireland. The colony was named Maryland for Queen Henrietta Maria (1609-1669), the wife of Charles I (1600-1649). The Province of Maryland was an English and later British colony in North America that existed from 1632 until 1776, now thats 144 years before and when it joined the other twelve of the Thirteen Colonies in rebellion against Great Britain and became the U.S. state of Maryland. Like its larger neighbor, Virginia, Maryland developed into a plantation colony by the 18th century. In 1700 there were about 25,000 people. And in 1729 Baltimore Town established by charter. And by 1750 that had grown more than 5 times to 130,000. By 1755, about 40% of Maryland's population was black. For 80 years the powerful Penn and Calvert families had feuded over overlapping Royal grant. In 1763-1767 Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon surveyed the boundary line with Pennsylvania. Surveyors Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon mapped the Maryland-Pennsylvania border in 1767, setting out the Mason-Dixon Line. Now thats 94 years before The American Civil War in 1861. Like I said before it has nothing to do with The North and The South boundary line. By 1776 the old order had been overthrown, as Marylanders signed the Declaration of Independence, forcing the end of British colonial rule. In 1776, July 4 Declaration of Independence adopted in Philadelphia. Engrossed copy signed by Marylanders William Paca, Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Thomas Stone, and Samuel Chase. In 1776, July 6. Maryland Convention declared independence from Great Britain. In 1788, April 28 Maryland Convention ratified U.S. Constitution, making Maryland the seventh state to do so. Convention adjourned without recommending amendments. Now from 1776 to 1788 Maryland was independent not a State. Now thats 12 years of independence. Now from 1788 to 2014 thats 226 years of Maryland being a State or from 1788 to 2015 thats 227 years of Maryland being a State not 250+ years Dumb Ass. Now from 1788 to 2038 and beyond will be 250 years plus in Maryland statehood Admission to Union The United States of America Dick Head. In 1796 Baltimore City incorporated. In 1851 Baltimore City, which has been the "County Seat" of Baltimore County since 1767–1768, becomes an independent city (with the same status as the other 23 counties of Maryland) Baltimore City is separated from surrounding Baltimore County on its east, west and north sides, with Anne Arundel County remaining to its south. And Baltimore County, Maryland move its new county seat north to Towsontown in 1854 which is known as Towson, Maryland today. The city of Baltimore was also home to the country's largest population (25,000) of free African Americans, as well as many white abolitionists and supporters of the Union. The areas of Southern and Eastern Maryland, especially those on the Chesapeake Bay, which had prospered on the tobacco trade and slave labor, were generally sympathetic to the South, while northern and western areas of the state, especially Marylanders of German origin, had stronger economic ties to the North. Not all blacks in Maryland were slaves. The 1860 Federal Census showed there were nearly as many free blacks (83,942) as slaves (87,189) in Maryland. The Maryland State legislature met in Frederick, Maryland a strongly pro-Union town. on April 26; on April 29, it voted 53–13 against secession. Secession resolutions were submitted, but rejected in part because it was believed that the legislature did not have the power to declare secession. It has been estimated that, of the state's 1860 population of 687,000, up to 25,000 Marylanders traveled south to fight for the Confederacy while about 60,000 Maryland men served in all branches of the Union military. One notable Maryland front line regiment was the 2nd Maryland Infantry, which saw considerable combat action in the Union IX Corps. Action and numbers speaks louder than words. So with that being said The Maryland State song Maryland, My Maryland trying to disrespect The North with words and it is just words it don't mean nothing. We Up North ain't really with the talking we about that action. Thats how Up North Give It Up. Occasional attempts have been made to replace it as Maryland's state song due to its origin in support for the Confederacy and lyrics that refer to President Lincoln as a "tyrant," "despot," and "Vandal," and to The Union as "Northern scum. A poem written by James Ryder Randall (1839–1908) another wanna be Southern scum from Maryland who went Down South to Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. He died on January 15, 1908 in Augusta, Georgia, and is buried there in Magnolia Cemetery. Down South. While the words were penned in 1861, it was not until April 29, 1939, 74 years after The American Civil War that the state's general assembly adopted "Maryland, My Maryland" as the state song. It should be how President Jefferson Davis of The Confederacy is a "tyrant," "despot," and "Vandal," and a traitor and to the The Confederacy as "Southern scum. Thousands of Union troops were stationed in Charles County, and the Federal Government established a large, unsheltered prison camp at Point Lookout in St. Mary's County, Maryland in Southern Maryland at Maryland's southern tip where thousands of Confederates were kept, often in harsh conditions. Of the 50,000 soldiers held in the army prison camp, who were housed in tents at the Point between 1863 and 1865, according to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, nearly 4,000 died, although this death rate of 8 percent was less than half the death rate among soldiers who were in the field with their own armies. In September 1862 General Robert E. Lee launched his Maryland Campaign, taking the war to the Union for the first time. Southerners were optimistic that Marylanders would rise up and join the Southern columns, but they were to be disappointed. Upon entering Maryland, the Confederates found little support; rather, they were met with reactions that ranged from a cool lack of enthusiasm, to, in many cases, open hostility. Ha Ha L.M.F.A.O. You wack ass Southerners. Stay out of The North we don't want you Up here. Stay Down South with the rest of you wack ass Southerners. After the war, many white Maryland residents struggled to re-establish white supremacy over freedmen and formerly free blacks, and racial tensions rose. There were deep divisions in the state between those who fought for the North and those who fought for the South, which were also difficult to reconcile. Article by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY.

The Northern United States / Northeastern United States / Northeast megalopolis

The United States Census Bureau divides some of the northernmost United States into the Midwest Region and the Northeast Region. The Census Bureau also includes the northernmost states of the Northwestern United States, that are , within the West Region. Historical term Before 19th century westward expansion, the "Northern United States" corresponded to the present day New England region. By the 1830s it corresponded to the present day Northeastern United States. During the American Civil War, the Northern United States was composed of the U.S. states that remained in the United States of America, the Union states. In this context, "The North" is synonymous with the Union. In this context, "The South" is composed of the states that seceded from the U.S. to form the Confederate States of America. The Library of Congress defines the Northeastern states as those east of Mississippi River and north of the Ohio and Potomac Rivers. Which makes Washington, D.C. Maryland and Delaware Northeastern. Land use As of 2007, forest-use covered approximately 60% of the Northeastern states (including Delaware, Maryland, and the District of Columbia), about twice the national average. About 12% was cropland and another 4% grassland pasture or range. There is also more urbanized land in the Northeast (11%) than any other region in the U.S. According to the Northeast Regional Climate Center, the average January temperature in its twelve-state region of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, is 23.6 F (4.7 C), with 3.07 inches (78 mm) of precipitation. This compares to July, when the regional average temperature is 69.9 F (21.1 C), with 4.25 inches (108 mm) of precipitation. Example of areas with continental climates in The Northeastern United States New England meaning Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut. The Under Koppen's climate classification, the humid subtropical climate can also be found in The Northeastern United States, primarily Maryland, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and far Southern New York, specifically New York City and Long Island. So with that being said that does not make you the The South because you have a humid subtropical climate watch The Weather Channel not your local news because they don't know what they be talking about and you will see we all have the same weather in The Northeastern United States from Virginia to Maine Mr or Ms misinformed Fort Washington, Maryland oh my bad wannabe Mississippi I wannabe from The South so bad fuck outta here with that bullshit straight up. Culture Geographer Wilbur Zelinsky asserts that the Northeast region lacks a unified cultural identity, but has served as a "culture hearth" for the rest of the nation. Several much smaller geographical regions within the Northeast do have distinct cultural identities. In other words Richmond, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland they have an Identity Crisis. They don't know if they wanna be Up North one minute or Down South the next and thats crazy they are confused people in those cities I just named. Now Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New York, New York, Boston, Massachusetts we know that we are Up North not Down South we know where we stand at. The Northeast megalopolis (also Boston-Washington Corridor or Bos-Wash Corridor) is the most heavily urbanized region of the United States, running primarily northeast to southwest from the northern suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts, to the southern suburbs of Washington, D.C. in Northern Virginia. It includes the major cities of Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and also Richmond, V.A. along with their metropolitan areas and suburbs as well as many smaller urban centers. The Region of The megalopolis encompasses the District of Columbia and part or all of 11 states: from south to north, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine. It is linked by Interstate 95 and U.S. Route 1, which start in Miami and Key West, Florida, respectively, and terminate in Maine at the Canada–United States border, as well as the Northeast Corridor railway line, the busiest passenger rail line in the country. It is home to over 50 million people, and Metropolitan Statistical Areas are contiguous from Washington to Boston. The region is not uniformly populated between the terminal cities, and there are regions nominally within the corridor yet located away from the main transit lines that have been bypassed by urbanization, such as Connecticut's Quiet Corner. The BosWash was described as "the megalopolis that will extend from Washington to Boston" along "an extremely narrow strip of the North Atlantic coast. Meaning The Northeast. Virginia Tech's Metropolitan Institute outlined an area it labeled the "Northeast" megapolitan area, which it views as extending beyond Boston and Washington – past Portland, Maine and Richmond, Virginia – and described it as one of ten such areas in the United States. Port-Rich from Portland, Maine to Richmond, Virginia or Bos-Rich from Boston, Massachusetts to Richmond, Virginia it's still The Northeast. The Mid-Atlantic, also called Middle Atlantic states or the Mid-Atlantic states, form a region of the United States generally located between New England and The Southeastern States which is below The Parallel 36 30 North Line meaning below The Virginia State Line is The Southeastern States Piedmont Atlantic Megaregion extending from North Carolina to Alabama. But The Southeastern States extending from North Carolina to Florida. But really it's the same thing The Southeastern States and The Piedmont Atlantic Megaregion. But back to The Mid-Atlantic region often includes sometimes West Virginia but all the time Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York. When discussing climate, Connecticut (especially southern Connecticut) is often included with the mid Atlantic region. Meaning southwestern connecticut which is part of The New York metropolitan area meaning The New York Tri-State Area NY NJ CT. The Northeast Corridor and Interstate 95 link an almost contiguous sprawl of suburbs and large and small cities, forming the Mid-Atlantic portion of the Northeast megalopolis, one of the world's most important concentrations of finance, media, communications, education, medicine, and technology. But what a lot of people don't know is there are Unofficial regions in The U.S. I will name a few Unofficial U.S. multi-state regions Civil War Border States, Dixie, meaning below Mason–Dixon line In popular usage, the Mason–Dixon line symbolizes a cultural boundary between the North and the South (Dixie) but that is not fact that is more fiction and Mid-Atlantic states, which is part of The Northeastern United States. And The Northeastern United States is Official region of the United States. So with that being said there is no in between or in the middle of North and South. And some people in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia would say they are the Top of The South and the bottom of The North but only those who are confused and have a Identity Crisis would say that because they want to be apart of both and why I say that because of the influence of Hip-Hop on the African-American culture my Black People they just want to ride for who ever is hot at the time in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia because they are Dick Riders. And that could be East Coast Rap meaning The North Up North or Southern Rap meaning The South Down South and so on like Midwest Rap and West Coast Rap and those are the regional scenes of Hip-Hop. So with that being said when I was talking about Hip-Hop that has been around for 41 years going on 42 years by next year 2015 sense August 11, 1973 on 1520 Sedgwick Avenue The Bronx, New York City, New York the birthplace of Hip-Hop in my first article I was talking about how it had a influence on the Black People in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia not Hip-Hop it self dummy basically I was saying it made them some Dick Riders for other regional places and especially for The South. They have been Dick Riding The South sense 1996 to now days and that's a shame for Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia. And yes I'm a fan first if you from the south, finger snap till your hands hurt If you from the west W's in the air, if you from the east coast act like you from here. Because I feel that we on a down slope, what happened to the east coast? What happened? So back to the situation at hand it's either you from The North or The South there is no in between or in the middle point blank period there ain't no playing both sides of the fence oh I forgot Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia they have been doing this for centuries they have been confused and have a Identity Crisis sense The American Civil War times to modern day times and that's a shame just stop Dick Riding out there y'all are some swagga jacking ass niggaz out there point blank period. And oh by the way we have rural country areas to Up North in Upstate New York, South Jersey, Central Pennsylvania and so on but that doesn't make us compare it with The South like places called Mississippi Mr or Ms Fort Washington, Maryland oh my bad wanna be Mississippi like fuck outta here. And that Mississippi bullshit you said if someone dropped you there blindfolded in the rural country areas in Maryland it will look like Mississippi that is an personal opinion not a fact dumb ass. So this is my personal opinion not a fact Bullshit places like Western Maryland looks like a fake ass Upstate New York with all the Mountains and shit and Southern Maryland looks like a fake ass Southern New Jersey with it's Peninsula or a fake ass Long Island, New York with St. Mary's Peninsula being South Fork, Suffolk County, New York and the Calvert Peninsula being North Fork, Suffolk County, New York and yes Long Island, New York the U.S. Supreme Court treated the island as a peninsula for the purposes of a boundary decision. And by the way Mississippi don't have no Mountains or a Peninsula. Now The D.C. metropolitan area looks like a fake ass little New York metropolitan Tri-State area with Northern Virginia being Northern New Jersey and The Potomac River being The Hudson River and The Anacostia River being The East River and Washington, D.C. and some parts of Prince George's County, Maryland and some parts of Montgomery County, Maryland being New York City and Westchester County, New York and Howard County, Maryland being Southwestern Connecticut now I'am talking about how the Urban areas of the region look to me and trust me I can go on. Now if you notice I have not one time compared Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia to The South not one time but to The North yes i did. Now far as when I said Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia had southern tendencies is because some of the people there want to be from Down South so bad why when people from Down South don't even acknowledge Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C., or Virginia as being part of The South. People in North Carolina don't even look at Virginia as being a true Southern State they look at Virginia as it being a Northern State so what that tell you Dumb Ass. Now North Carolina they are in The South why because they are below The Parallel 36 30 North Line and Virginia is above The Parallel 36 30 North Line which makes it The North. So with that being said learn how to read and do the mathematics and the Knowledge Asshole. And oh yeah by the way I don't do hashtags I get in your Ass i'm too grown for some damn hashtags Dumb Ass fuck outta here you ain't talkin to no youngsta. So at the end of the day it's fuck what you talkin about it's about what the fuck i'm talkin about. Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia is Northeastern States / Northern States. Not Mid-Atlantic States and Not Southern States. So with that being said if i did not send for you don't come for me Asshole because i'm coming right back at you Mr or Ms Fort Washington, Maryland A.K.A. Mississippi. So Now You a slave to a page in my article, Your big dummy, Asshole your time's up. Now I want to give a shout out to all my Real Northeasterners / Northerners that's keepin it real and representin' The Northeastern United States / The Northern United States to the fullest from Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine. Keep Reppin' The Northeastern United States / The Northern United States I'm out one. Northeast megalopolis, BosWash, Northeast Corridor, East Coast hip hop, Articles by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY. 21:00, 1 November 2014

Posted by: mitccg ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:57PM

Nu Yawk NY Wrote:
> == Maryland is a Northeastern State. A Northern
> State. ==
>
>
>
> When you look at the Baltimore–Washington
> Metropolitan Area and urban area where there are
> Populated places in Maryland with African American
> majority populations it is more Northern then
> Southern. Although sometimes the people there want
> to be from The South so bad it's crazy that it
> doesn't make any sense. Like back in the day like
> the 80's and 90's they were more like New York,
> New Jersey, and Philadelphia with a Northern Style
> and East Coast Style and you could not call them
> Southern this is a true story. Although back then
> it was more of a mixture you had some people from
> the Washington D.C. area trying to be like New
> York in the 80's and in the 90's and then wanted
> to be like The West Coast in the late 80's and the
> early 90's and mid 90's and then when The South
> got hot on the scene in the mid 90's. I am talking
> about Hip-Hop then the D.C. area wanted to be like
> The South and some act like they want to be from
> The South to this day. Now the Baltimore area back
> then was more like New York, Newark, New Jersey
> and Philadelphia until the mid 2000's they start
> acting funny like they wanted to be like Down
> South to and some of them act like that to this
> day. Also Maryland was not a Confederate State in
> The South. It was a Union State in The North along
> with others Northern states like New York, New
> Jersey, Pennsylvania and so on. The Mason–Dixon
> Line have nothing to do with either North or
> South. The Mason-Dixon line was actually over a
> property dispute between Pennsylvania and the
> state of Maryland. This happened nearly a whole
> hundred years before The Civil War broke out. In
> which Pennsylvania won. The whole dispute was over
> Maryland wanted Philadelphia and Pennsylvania
> wasn't having that at all. Now how the Mason-Dixon
> Line seperate The North and The South through four
> states in which is West Virginia, Maryland,
> Pennsylvania, and Deleware? When the true
> seperation of The North and The South is the
> Parallel 36 30 north / Missouri Compromise. The
> only people whom feel as though they are Southern
> in the States of Deleware, Maryland, and Virgina
> is those who lives in Rural Areas better known as
> The Country. In which they are not really exposed
> to Urban Life better known as The City Life. And
> as far as Virginia is concerned in The Civil War
> times they was known as being a Southern State but
> really is part of The North also. The only reason
> that they said Virginia is a part of The South is
> because Virginia was a Confiderate State. Yes,
> Virginia has Southern tendencies to but in modern
> day times it is a Northern State compared to where
> the Parallel 36 30 north. Even in Virginia it has
> a Identity Crisis between knowing whether it's
> North or South. So with that being said Deleware,
> Maryland, Washighton D.C., and Virginia you are
> all Northeastern States. Meaning a Northern State
> that is also a East Coast State put it together it
> is a Northeastern State. Also meaning it gets the
> same weather as New York, New Jersey,
> Pennsylvania, and Deleware in which is all
> Northeastern States. Really at the end of the day
> Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C, and Virginia
> all have a Identity Crisis whether knowing you are
> The North or The South and where you stand at.
> Everybody else do. I hope this helps clearify it
> better where you stand at. Because y'all are not
> Southern and people from Down South don't even
> acknowledge y'all as being Southern. They veiw
> y'all as Northerners. So Delaware, Maryland,
> Washington D.C. and Virginia you are The North.
> What I'am saying is Deleware, Maryland, Washighton
> D.C., and Virginia ya'll all have a Identity
> Crisis back then and now. Get off The South Dick.
> And Stop Dick Ridin The South. And in The South
> They Don't What Ya'll get off they Dick. Oh by the
> way this is more then Hip-Hop. Ya'll wanna be
> Southerners. Yeah Maryland had to get down or lay
> down shouts out to The North for holdin' It Down
> on the battlefield son. Northeast megalopolis,
> BosWash, Northeast Corridor, East Coast hip hop,
> Article by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY. 14:11, 25
> July 2012
>
>
>
>
>
> So let me get this straight. You are basing your
> entire argument on hip-hop? I am an
> African-American raised in Fort Washington.
> Maryland is Southern. The Census Bureau even
> classifies it as Southern. I am going to
> deconstruct your argument right now.
>
> "It was a Union State in the North along with
> others northern states like New York, New Jersey,
> Pennsylvania and so on. The Mason–Dixon Line
> have nothing to do with either North or the South"
> Yeah, because Lincoln forced them to be against
> their will. Midnight replacements because Lincoln
> knew that DC would be surrounded on all sides if
> Maryland seceded. The state song (to this day I
> might add) is about how Lincoln is a tyrant. The
> flag is actually a combination of the Union
> (Calvert - black and yellow) and Confederate
> (Crossland - red and white).
>
> "The Mason-Dixon line was actually over a property
> dispute between Pennsylvania and the state of
> Maryland.This happened a whole hundred years
> before the Civil War broke out.In which
> Pennsylvania won. The whole dispute was over
> Maryland wanted Philadelphia and Pennsylvania
> wasn't having that at all. How the Mason-Dixon
> Line seperate the north and the south through
> three states in which is Maryland, Pennsylvania,
> and Deleware? When the true seperation of the
> south and north is the Parallel 36 30 north and
> Missouri Compromise." 1) Learn to spell. 2) This
> line was THE LINE. How did slaves on the
> Underground Railroad know that they were free?
> They were in Pennsylvania. They crossed the
> Mason-Dixon line.
>
> "In which they are not really exposed to urban
> life better known as the city life. As far as
> Virginia is concerned in the Civil War times was
> known as being South but really is part of the
> North also. The only reason that they said
> Virginia is a part of the South is because
> Virginia was a Confiderate State. Yes, Virginia
> has southern tendencies but in modern times it is
> a Northern State compared to where the Parallel 36
> 30 north. Even in Virginia it has a identity
> crisis between knowing whether it's north or
> south. So that being said Deleware, Maryland,
> Washighton D.C., and Virginia are all northeastern
> states. Meaning a northern state that is also a
> east coast state put it together it is a
> northeastern state." You're kidding, right? Half
> the battles of the war took place in Virginia. In
> fact you know Arlington National Cemetery? That's
> Robert E. Lee's old plantation. They buried Union
> soldiers there as punishment for Lee fighting with
> Virginia and the South. Maryland also has southern
> tendencies. Have you been to Hagerstown, Port
> Tobacco, St. Mary's? You would think you're in the
> middle of Mississippi if someone dropped you there
> blindfolded.
>
> "Also meaning it gets the same weather as New
> York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Deleware in
> which is all northeastern states. Really at the
> end of the day Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C,
> and Virginia all have identity crisis whether you
> are north or south and where you stand at.
> Everybody else do. I hope this helps clearify it
> better where you stand at. You are not southern
> and people from down south don't even acknowledge
> you as being southern.They veiw you as
> northerners. So Maryland, Washington D.C. and
> Virginia you are the North." - Actually no.
> Maryland's climate zone aligns with the South as
> humid subtropical. The Northeast has a continental
> climate. And not all of them do. Maybe just the
> misinformed ones you know.
>
> "Northeast megalopolis, BosWash, Northeast
> Corridor, East Coast hip hop" - You signed off
> with your "hashtags", huh.
>
> This argument is so asinine it doesn't make sense.
> When you argue a point, please don't use a music
> genre that has developed over the past 40 years to
> talk about a 250+ year old state. By Fort
> Washington, Maryland A.K.A. Mississippi —
> Preceding unsigned comment added by 63.235.3.6
> (talk) 19:08, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
>
>
>
>
> This article or articles is by a straight up
> Ghetto Hood Project New York City N.I.G.G.A. The
> five boroughs is thorough. And you damn right I
> said N.I.G.G.A. meaning for those who don't know
>
> Never Ignorant Getting
> Goals Accomplished.
>
> Now I see I have to break this shit down lil more
> illa for you slow dumb Muthafuckas out there. And
> just to let know I... will... not... lose. I prove
> you lost already. And yeah i'm talkin to you Mr or
> Ms Fort Washington, Maryland oh my bad wanna be
> Mississippi Fuck Outta Here with That Bullshit.
> This a New York City Nigga talkin to you cock
> sucka what up. You tried to play on my
> intelligence shame on you clown. You have Fuck Up
> now. LAUGHING MY FUCKIN' ASS OFF!!!
>
>
> Ok lets talk about Bum Ass Maryland The State with
> a Identity Crisis and Confused as Fuck.
>
>
> The Maryland State Flag
>
> At first, only the gold and black Calvert arms
> were associated with Maryland. Meaning The Union
> The North. The red and white Crossland Banner
> Unofficial state flag of Maryland were associated
> with The Confederacy meaning The South. At first,
> the Crossland coat of arms was put in the
> upper-left corner, but this was supposedly swapped
> with the Union's Calvert arms because of the Union
> victory. However, it was not officially adopted as
> the state flag until November 25, 1904. 39 years
> after The American Civil War. Now some Maryland
> counties and municipalities have arms and/or flags
> incorporating various elements of the arms,
> including the City of Baltimore, as well as
> Calvert County, Caroline County, Baltimore County,
> Howard County, and Worcester County counties. Now
> 5 out 6 of those places have the black and gold
> design on the flags. The City of Baltimore,
> Calvert County, Caroline County, Baltimore County,
> Worcester County, Meaning The Union The North. Now
> only 1 out 6 have the red and white crossland
> banner colors which is Howard County, Meaning The
> Confederacy The South. The Union has more meaning
> The North. The Confederacy has 1 meaning The
> South. And also if you look at the United States
> Army Colors today it's Black and Gold. So what
> that tell you. And also Baltimore City is Maryland
> Largest city with The Union's flag meaning The
> North. I mean it looks like a Northern City
> anyway. It kanda looks like Philadelphia / Camden,
> New Jersey and a little bit of Newark, New Jersey.
> Now i'm talkin about when you actually go to those
> cities in ghetto to. Not just the nice side of
> town. They will actually resemble each other in
> many ways like the rowhouses. And the marble steps
> also set Baltimore's row houses distinct from
> other cities' row houses. Much like Philadelphia,
> some areas of the city that contain row houses are
> neglected. Scattered row homes and apartment rows
> can often be found in other Eastern and Midwestern
> U.S. cities. Meaning The North like Northeastern
> cities like Richmond, Virginia, Washington, D.C.,
> Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston. So
> with that being said The Union The North is where
> it's at. The Union We are more Superior in The
> North. Like men Sgt. William Harvey Carney, Medal
> of Honor recipient a Union soldier of The North a
> Black Man. Sgt. Major Christian Fleetwood, Medal
> of Honor recipient a Union soldier of The North a
> Black Man. First Lt. Alonzo H. Cushing who has the
> Medal of Honor a Union soldier of The North who
> helped turn the tide at Gettysburg, PA. Rank
> Admiral David Dixon Porter a Union soldier of The
> North. Rank Admiral David Farragut a Union soldier
> of The North. Rank Major General of the Army of
> the United States (post-bellum) William Tecumseh
> Sherman a Union soldier of The North. Rank General
> of the Army of the (United States) / who later
> became Commander-in-chief Ulysses S. Grant one of
> the heads of The Union Army of The North. And then
> President Abraham Lincoln Commander-in-chief of
> the United States Army The Union Army of The
> North. Who helped free the slaves. And there are
> rumors that President Abraham Lincoln
> Commander-in-chief is to be Half Black. Who is
> also from The North. Abraham Lincoln's mother was
> having an affair with a black plantation worker
> and new DNA evidence suggests that she somehow
> tricked her husband into believing that Abraham
> was the couples child. Secret love letters
> unearthed in 2003 reveal that Lincoln's mother was
> conducting a clandestine affair with a slave named
> Iemis from a Kentucky plantation. We managed to
> attain DNA evidence from a lock of Abraham
> Lincoln's hair which proves that he had a very
> strong African genetic link. His chromosome makeup
> is very specific to West African DNA patterns and
> this suggests that Abraham's real father was
> indeed of African origin," Dr. Alan Holdsworth,
> who is the chief Anthropologist on this project
> told National Geographic magazine. Now we know why
> he was so vehemently opposed to slavery. Lincoln's
> father was a slave. His mother, a poor white
> farmer's wife had slept with a black slave and
> somehow concealed this fact from her husband. And
> then President Barack Obama The Great
> Commander-in-chief The Highly Intelligent Black
> Man. Who is also from The North. Now The
> Confederacy in The South is Wack. Straight up lets
> call it what it is. They are Wack. Real Talk. But
> yo on The Real though Maryland needs to change
> they state flag. And get that red and white
> Crossland Banner Confederate Bullshit off they
> flag. And some of the counties to. And Howard
> County would be one of them. And the Fuck Up part
> about it. The majority of my Black people in
> Maryland don't even know or don't even care about
> that shit true story. Article by New York A.K.A.
> Nu Yawk NY.
>
>
> Slave and free states
>
> Slavery in the United States started in 1619
> Twenty slaves in Virginia Africans brought to
> Jamestown are the first slaves imported into
> Britain’s North American colonies. Like
> indentured servants, they were probably freed
> after a fixed period of service. In 1641
> Massachusetts is the first colony to legalize
> slavery. In 1650 Connecticut legalizes slavery. In
> 1663 Maryland legalizes slavery. In 1664 New York
> and New Jersey legalize slavery. In 1700
> Pennsylvania legalizes slavery. In 1715 Rhode
> Island legalizes slavery. In 1820 Missouri
> Compromise Missouri is admitted to the Union as a
> slave state, Maine as a free state. Slavery is
> forbidden in any subsequent territories north of
> latitude Parallel 36 30 north. In 1849 Harriet
> Tubman Escapes After fleeing slavery, Tubman
> returns south at least 15 times to help rescue
> several hundred others. In 1861 to 1865 United
> States Civil War Four years of brutal conflict
> claim 623,000 lives. In 1863 Emancipation
> Proclamation President Abraham Lincoln decrees
> that all slaves in Rebel territory are free on
> January 1, 1863. In 1865 Slavery Abolished The
> 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution
> outlaws slavery. So thats 246 years of slavery in
> the United States of America from 1619 to 1865.
> Although slavery really started In 1501 African
> Slaves in the New World Spanish settlers bring
> slaves from Africa to Santo Domingo (now the
> capital of the Dominican Republic). So thats 364
> years of slavery for us Black people from 1501 to
> 1865.
>
> By 1800, all of the northern states had abolished
> slavery or set measures in place to gradually
> reduce it. By 1789, 5 of the Northern states had
> abolished slavery: Pennsylvania (1780), New
> Hampshire and Massachusetts (1783), Connecticut
> and Rhode Island (1784). By 1804 all the other
> Northern states had abolished slavery: New York
> (1799), New Jersey (1804). Vermont abolished
> slavery in 1777, while it was still independent,
> and when it joined the United States as the 14th
> state in 1791 it was the first state to have done
> so. In other words these northern states where
> slave states to. But you don't see us in The North
> Suckin Down South Dick. Talking about we The South
> to because we had slave states to Fuck Outta Here
> With Bullshit. And speaking of that. Delaware was
> above the Mason–Dixon line with Pennsylvania but
> it was still a slave state. And Delaware retained
> slavery until the Thirteenth Amendment was
> ratified in 1865. So What The Fuck Is You Talking
> About You Suck Off Lame. You Suck Down South Dick
> Don't You. Yeah You Do. And The Mason–Dixon line
> was surveyed between 1763 and 1767 by Charles
> Mason and Jeremiah Dixon in the resolution of a
> border dispute between British colonies in
> Colonial America. It is still a demarcation line
> among four U.S. states, forming part of the
> borders of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and
> West Virginia (originally part of Virginia). The
> Mason–Dixon line was established to end a
> boundary dispute between the British colonies of
> Maryland and Pennsylvania/Delaware. But the most
> serious problem was that the Maryland claim would
> put Philadelphia, which became the major city in
> Pennsylvania, within Maryland. You know
> Pennsylvania in The North not having that. And as
> far as Northern Virginia concern Arlington County,
> Virginia and Alexandria, Virginia just those two
> places in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
> On December 23, 1788, the Maryland General
> Assembly passed an act, allowing it to cede land
> for the federal district. The Virginia General
> Assembly followed suit on December 3, 1789.
> Washington, D.C. The signing of the Residence Act
> on July 16, 1790, approved the creation of a
> capital district located along the Potomac River
> on the country's East Coast. The U.S. Constitution
> provided for a federal district under theexclusive
> jurisdiction of the Congress and the District is
> therefore not a part of any U.S. state. The states
> of Maryland and Virginia each donated land to form
> the federal district, which included the
> preexisting settlements of Georgetown, Washington,
> D.C. founded in 1751 and Alexandria, Virginia
> founded in 1749. During 1791–92, Andrew Ellicott
> and several assistants, including a free African
> American astronomer named Benjamin Banneker,
> surveyed the borders of the federal district and
> placed boundary stones at every mile point. The
> survey began at Jones Point, a cape located at the
> confluence of Hunting Creek and the Potomac River
> south of Alexandria. Many of the stones are still
> standing to this day. I have seen them myself.
> They are called Boundary Markers or Cornerstones.
> Southern corner Address Seawall south of
> lighthouse, Jones Point Park, 1 Jones Point Drive,
> Alexandria, Virginia. Western corner Address In
> Andrew Ellicott Park at the West Cornerstone, 2824
> N. Arizona St, Arlington, Virginia. Northern
> corner Address 1880 block of East-West Highway
> (south side) Washington, D.C., and Montgomery
> County, Maryland. Eastern corner Address 100 feet
> (30 m) east of junction of Eastern and Southern
> Avenues Washington, D.C., and Prince George's
> County, Maryland. And thats just to name a few
> because there are more about 40 milestones that
> mark the four lines forming the boundaries between
> the states of Maryland and Virginia and the square
> of 100 square miles (259 km²) of federal
> territory that became the District of Columbia in
> 1801. Today, 36 of the original marker stones
> survive as the oldest federally placed monuments
> in the United States. Due to the return of the
> portion of the District south and west of the
> Potomac River to Virginia in 1846, some of these
> markers are now within Virginia. The sides of the
> square are each 10 miles (16 km) long. The
> specified orientation results in a diamond shape
> for the District's original boundaries on most
> maps. The Virginia stones were set in 1791, and
> the Maryland ones in 1792. The side of a boundary
> marker that faced the federal territory was
> inscribed "Jurisdiction of the United States". The
> opposite side was marked with the name of the
> border state: Virginia or Maryland. The remaining
> sides were marked with the year that the team
> placed the stones and with the marker's compass
> reading. And named in honor of George Washington,
> the City of Washington was founded in September 9,
> 1791 to serve as the new national capital. The
> federal district was named Columbia, which was a
> poetic name for the United States commonly in use
> at that time. Congress held its first session in
> Washington on November 17, 1800. The District of
> Columbia retrocession was the process of returning
> the land that was given to the Federal government
> of the United States for the original purpose of
> creating the national capital. The District of
> Columbia was formed in 1791 from 100 square miles
> (259 km2) of land ceded by the states of Maryland
> and Virginia in accordance with the Residence Act.
> The area of 31 square miles (80 km2) that was
> originally ceded by Virginia was returned to that
> state in 1847. The District's current area
> consists of the remaining 69 square miles (179
> km2) of territory originally ceded by Maryland.
> Proposals to return the remaining portion of the
> District of Columbia to the state of Maryland are
> cited as ways to provide full voting
> representation in Congress and return local
> control of the city to its residents. The Organic
> Act of 1801 organized the District of Columbia and
> placed the federal territory under the exclusive
> control of Congress. The District was organized
> into two counties, Washington County, D.C. on the
> east side of the Potomac River, and Alexandria
> County, D.C. on the west side. Alexandria County
> was part of the original 100-mile square created
> as the District of Columbia in 1791. The portion
> of the District created from territory ceded by
> Virginia in Fairfax County was termed Alexandria
> County of the District of Columbia. It included
> all of the present day Arlington County, Virginia,
> plus part of what is now the independent city of
> Alexandria, Virginia. Following this Act, citizens
> located in the District were no longer considered
> residents of Maryland or Virginia, thus ending
> their representation in Congress. Almost
> immediately after the Organic Act of 1801,
> Congress took up proposals for the return of the
> territory to the states, all of which failed.
> Other Congressmen were of the opinion that the
> District could not be immediately returned without
> the consent of the residents and the legislatures
> of Maryland and Virginia. Some representatives
> rejected the idea of retrocession entirely and
> concluded that the Congress lacked the
> constitutional authority to return the territory.
> In the 1830s, efforts grew to reunite the southern
> portion of the District with Virginia. Besides the
> fact that District residents had lost
> representation in Congress, a number of additional
> factors aided the movement to return the area to
> Virginia. Returning Alexandria to Virginia allowed
> residents to seek financing for projects without
> interference from Congress. At the time,
> Alexandria was a major market in the American
> slave trade, but rumors circulated that
> abolitionists in Congress were attempting to end
> slavery in the nation's capital, which would have
> also seriously harmed the area's economy. There
> was also an active abolitionist movement in
> Virginia. If Alexandria were returned to the state
> of Virginia, the move would have added two
> additional pro-slavery representatives to the
> Virginia General Assembly. From 1840 to 1846,
> Alexandrians petitioned Congress and the Virginia
> legislature to approve retrocession. On February
> 2, 1846, the Virginia General Assembly agreed to
> accept the retrocession of Alexandria if Congress
> approved. Following additional lobbying by
> Alexandrians, the 29th Congress passed legislation
> on July 9, 1846, to return all the District's
> territory south of the Potomac River back to the
> Commonwealth of Virginia, pursuant to a
> referendum; President James K. Polk signed the
> legislation the next day. A referendum on
> retrocession was held on September 1–2, 1846.
> The residents of the city of Alexandria voted in
> favor of the retrocession, 763 to 222; however,
> the residents of Alexandria County voted against
> retrocession 106 to 29. I wonder why? Prolly
> because they didn't want to have nothing to do
> with slavery. The Union loyalists who lived in
> rural areas outside the town of Alexandria,
> rejected secession. Despite the objections of
> those living in Alexandria County, President Polk
> certified the referendum and issued a proclamation
> of transfer on September 7, 1846. The Virginia
> legislature, however, did not immediately accept
> the retrocession offer. Virginia legislators were
> concerned that the people of Alexandria County had
> not been properly included in the retrocession
> proceedings. After months of debate, the Virginia
> General Assembly voted to formally accept the
> retrocession legislation on March 13, 1847.
> Confirming the fears of pro-slavery Alexandrians,
> the Compromise of 1850 outlawed the slave trade in
> the District, although not slavery itself. Slavery
> was abolished throughout the District on April 16,
> 1862 – eight months before Lincoln issued the
> Emancipation Proclamation — with the passage of
> the Compensated Emancipation Act. The city became
> a popular place for freed slaves to congregate.
> Escaped African American slaves poured into the
> military occupation of Alexandria. Safely behind
> Union lines, the cities of Alexandria and
> Washington offered not only comparative freedom,
> but employment. Over the course of the war,
> Alexandria was transformed by the Union occupiers
> into a major supply depot and transport and
> hospital center, all under army control. Because
> the escaped slaves were still legally property
> until the abolition of slavery, they were labeled
> as contrabands to prevent their being returned to
> their masters. Contrabands took positions with the
> army in various support roles. According to one
> statistic, the population of Alexandria had
> exploded to 18,000 by the fall of 1863 – an
> increase of 10,000 people in 16 months. As of
> ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment,
> Alexandria County’s black population was more
> than 8,700, or about half the total number of
> residents in the County. This newly enfranchised
> constituency provided the support necessary to
> elect the first black Alexandrians to the City
> Council and the Virginia Legislature. From 1846 to
> 1920, the county was known as Alexandria County,
> Virginia. In 1870, the independent City of
> Alexandria seceded from Alexandria County, and
> because of the confusion between the city and the
> county having the same name, a movement started to
> rename Alexandria County. The area that now
> constitutes Arlington County was originally part
> of Fairfax County in the Colony of Virginia. Land
> grants from the British monarch were awarded to
> prominent Englishmen in exchange for political
> favors and efforts at development. One of the
> grantees was Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of
> Cameron, who lends his name to both Fairfax County
> and the City of Fairfax. The name Arlington comes
> from Henry Bennet, 1st Earl of Arlington whose
> name had been applied to a plantation along the
> Potomac River. George Washington Parke Custis,
> grandson of First Lady Martha Washington, acquired
> this land in 1802. The estate was eventually
> passed down to Mary Anna Custis Lee, the wife of
> General Robert E. Lee. The property later became
> Arlington National Cemetery during the American
> Civil War, and now lends its name to present-day
> Arlington County. In 1920, the name Arlington
> County was adopted, after Arlington House, the
> home of the American Civil War general Robert E.
> Lee, which stands on the grounds of what is now
> Arlington National Cemetery. The Town of Potomac
> was incorporated as a town in Alexandria County in
> 1908. The town was annexed by the independent city
> of Alexandria in 1930. Arlington County shares
> with a portion of the independent City of
> Alexandria (including the former town of Potomac)
> the distinction of being once in Virginia, then
> ceded to the U.S. government to form the District
> of Columbia, and later retroceded to Virginia.
> Although Virginia was part of the Confederacy, its
> control did not extend all the way through
> Northern Virginia. However, the territory in
> present-day Arlington was never successfully
> captured by Confederate forces. The impression
> this gives is that Virginians do not consider
> areas north of the Rappahannock River as part of
> the state. One need only scan 1862–1864 to
> understand why. North of that river, which I have
> mentioned before, the United States dominated the
> terrain during the War of the Rebellion. It was
> only to the south of the Rappahannock River that
> rebel armies held sway on a consistent basis,
> almost to the end. In 1862, the United States
> Congress passed a law that provided that those
> districts in which the "insurrection" persisted
> were to pay their real estate taxes in person. The
> property containing the home of Confederate
> General Robert E. Lee's family at and around
> Arlington House was subjected to an appraisal of
> $26,810, on which a tax of $92.07 was assessed.
> However, Lee's wife, Mary Anna Custis Lee, the
> owner of the property, did not pay this tax in
> person. As a result of the 1862 law, the Federal
> government confiscated the property and made it
> into a military cemetery. And for also betrayal to
> The Union The North. Certainly, Robert E. Lee and
> Jefferson Davis (alongside many others) were both
> technically traitors to The Union they had sworn
> to defend—and they both defended Southerners’
> “right” to enslave millions of their fellow
> human beings. The Black Man. And The Confederate
> States of America The South did not have the
> authority or the right to secede from The United
> States of America The Union The North. But General
> George Thomas who is also from Virginia like
> Robert E. Lee who did not betray The Union The
> North. He was a loyal officer unlike his fellow
> Virginian, the betrayer Robert E. Lee, knew where
> his duty rested. There was an oath, he had sworn
> to it, and that was the end of things. I
> acknowledge that the whole idea of an “oath”
> actually meaning something in the “modern” age
> may not resonate with everyone. I do not really
> know how to bring this into the present for most
> of you. The social/intellectual/emotional concept
> of individual honor has sort of changed a lot in
> the past 150 years. Unfortunately sometimes I
> really do not understand those of you who do not
> feel deeply about honor. So Robert E. Lee treason,
> his betrayal of his oath as an officer of the
> United States Army. And George Thomas rejected the
> course of political and familial opportunism and
> stayed true to his oath. He won on the
> battlefield, over and over again, and defended the
> United States with his every action, and now he is
> largely forgotten. He was, in the end, the man
> true to his oath. As opposed to the others he
> fought. Like Robert E. Lee a Traitor to The Union
> The North. And so what Robert E. Lee resigned from
> The Union. He still fought for Slavery in The
> Confederacy. Even though they say Robert E. Lee
> was against Slavery but yet and still you fought
> for the side that was for Slavery. Action speaks
> louder than words. And oh by the way Confederate
> General of The South by the name of Nathan Bedford
> Forrest founded The KKK in 1865 in Pulaski,
> Tennessee after The American Civil War. Because
> they wanted to keep us Black People in check. Yeah
> Fuck Outta Here Picture That Bullshit. And also
> Mississippi had tried to get KKK License Plates.
> That commemorate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, a
> former Confederate Army general during the Civil
> War and early leader of the Ku Klux Klan. Now
> that's Fuck Up. But you Mr or Ms Fort Washington,
> Maryland / Mississippi I Wanna Be Down Like
> Brandy. Talking about Maryland is The South it
> looks like Mississippi. Get Off Mississippi and
> Down South Dick. They don't want you Fuck Outta
> Here. Real Talk. Now come on let's keep it real
> that's what The Civil War was all about. The South
> The Confederacy was for Slavery and The North The
> Union was against Slavery. In other words The
> Other Man which is some of The White Man wanted to
> enslave and control The Brother Man which is The
> Black Man My Black People for money and profit.
> And at the end of the day there is no
> justification for that. Sorry. The Confederate
> States of America The South was an early version
> of a Communist state/country. Where The White Man
> is all equal and they was like the Communist
> Government Party the high society. And The Black
> Man My Black People was the oppress people of the
> country and was not equal the low society. And it
> have been this way for a long time in this country
> even sometimes to this day. And They say we N-I
> double G-E-R, we are Much more, still we choose to
> ignore The obvious, man this history don't
> acknowledge us We were scholars long before
> colleges. Blacks have contributed a ton of
> knowledge to this world even if the History books
> (which are slanted towards whites) don’t
> acknowledge it. Look at the last 2000 years of our
> existence and what we brought to the world in
> terms of science, mathematics, agriculture and
> forms of government. Cause anytime we mention our
> condition, our history or existence They callin it
> reverse racism. Meaning that anytime blacks speak
> truthfully about America’s historical and
> current racism, they are accused of ‘reverse
> racism’. This basically means that Whites
> don’t want to hear blacks and other minorities
> speak about past injustices, so they label anyone
> who talks about it as a “racist” against white
> people. Now ain't that some shit. And they have
> the nerve. Like Fuck Outta Here with that
> Bullshit. Real Talk. Article by New York A.K.A. Nu
> Yawk NY.
>
>
> Maryland
>
> 10,000 B.C. The First humans arrived by this date
> in the land that would become Maryland. Europeans
> began exploring the area, starting with John Cabot
> navigator and explorer, sailed along Eastern Shore
> off present-day Worcester County, Maryland in
> 1498. Now thats 134 years before The Province of
> Maryland in 1632. In 1632, June 20 the Maryland
> Charter granted to Cecilius Calvert, 2nd Lord
> Baltimore, by Charles I, King of Great Britain and
> Ireland. The colony was named Maryland for Queen
> Henrietta Maria (1609-1669), the wife of Charles I
> (1600-1649). The Province of Maryland was an
> English and later British colony in North America
> that existed from 1632 until 1776, now thats 144
> years before and when it joined the other twelve
> of the Thirteen Colonies in rebellion against
> Great Britain and became the U.S. state of
> Maryland. Like its larger neighbor, Virginia,
> Maryland developed into a plantation colony by the
> 18th century. In 1700 there were about 25,000
> people. And in 1729 Baltimore Town established by
> charter. And by 1750 that had grown more than 5
> times to 130,000. By 1755, about 40% of Maryland's
> population was black. For 80 years the powerful
> Penn and Calvert families had feuded over
> overlapping Royal grant. In 1763-1767 Charles
> Mason and Jeremiah Dixon surveyed the boundary
> line with Pennsylvania. Surveyors Charles Mason
> and Jeremiah Dixon mapped the
> Maryland-Pennsylvania border in 1767, setting out
> the Mason-Dixon Line. Now thats 94 years before
> The American Civil War in 1861. Like I said before
> it has nothing to do with The North and The South
> boundary line. By 1776 the old order had been
> overthrown, as Marylanders signed the Declaration
> of Independence, forcing the end of British
> colonial rule. In 1776, July 4 Declaration of
> Independence adopted in Philadelphia. Engrossed
> copy signed by Marylanders William Paca, Charles
> Carroll of Carrollton, Thomas Stone, and Samuel
> Chase. In 1776, July 6. Maryland Convention
> declared independence from Great Britain. In 1788,
> April 28 Maryland Convention ratified U.S.
> Constitution, making Maryland the seventh state to
> do so. Convention adjourned without recommending
> amendments. Now from 1776 to 1788 Maryland was
> independent not a State. Now thats 12 years of
> independence. Now from 1788 to 2014 thats 226
> years of Maryland being a State or from 1788 to
> 2015 thats 227 years of Maryland being a State not
> 250+ years Dumb Ass. Now from 1788 to 2038 and
> beyond will be 250 years plus in Maryland
> statehood Admission to Union The United States of
> America Dick Head. In 1796 Baltimore City
> incorporated. In 1851 Baltimore City, which has
> been the "County Seat" of Baltimore County since
> 1767–1768, becomes an independent city (with the
> same status as the other 23 counties of Maryland)
> Baltimore City is separated from surrounding
> Baltimore County on its east, west and north
> sides, with Anne Arundel County remaining to its
> south. And Baltimore County, Maryland move its new
> county seat north to Towsontown in 1854 which is
> known as Towson, Maryland today. The city of
> Baltimore was also home to the country's largest
> population (25,000) of free African Americans, as
> well as many white abolitionists and supporters of
> the Union. The areas of Southern and Eastern
> Maryland, especially those on the Chesapeake Bay,
> which had prospered on the tobacco trade and slave
> labor, were generally sympathetic to the South,
> while northern and western areas of the state,
> especially Marylanders of German origin, had
> stronger economic ties to the North. Not all
> blacks in Maryland were slaves. The 1860 Federal
> Census showed there were nearly as many free
> blacks (83,942) as slaves (87,189) in Maryland.
> The Maryland State legislature met in Frederick,
> Maryland a strongly pro-Union town. on April 26;
> on April 29, it voted 53–13 against secession.
> Secession resolutions were submitted, but rejected
> in part because it was believed that the
> legislature did not have the power to declare
> secession. It has been estimated that, of the
> state's 1860 population of 687,000, up to 25,000
> Marylanders traveled south to fight for the
> Confederacy while about 60,000 Maryland men served
> in all branches of the Union military. One notable
> Maryland front line regiment was the 2nd Maryland
> Infantry, which saw considerable combat action in
> the Union IX Corps. Action and numbers speaks
> louder than words. So with that being said The
> Maryland State song Maryland, My Maryland trying
> to disrespect The North with words and it is just
> words it don't mean nothing. We Up North ain't
> really with the talking we about that action.
> Thats how Up North Give It Up. Occasional attempts
> have been made to replace it as Maryland's state
> song due to its origin in support for the
> Confederacy and lyrics that refer to President
> Lincoln as a "tyrant," "despot," and "Vandal," and
> to The Union as "Northern scum. A poem written by
> James Ryder Randall (1839–1908) another wanna be
> Southern scum from Maryland who went Down South to
> Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. He died on
> January 15, 1908 in Augusta, Georgia, and is
> buried there in Magnolia Cemetery. Down South.
> While the words were penned in 1861, it was not
> until April 29, 1939, 74 years after The American
> Civil War that the state's general assembly
> adopted "Maryland, My Maryland" as the state song.
> It should be how President Jefferson Davis of The
> Confederacy is a "tyrant," "despot," and "Vandal,"
> and a traitor and to the The Confederacy as
> "Southern scum. Thousands of Union troops were
> stationed in Charles County, and the Federal
> Government established a large, unsheltered prison
> camp at Point Lookout in St. Mary's County,
> Maryland in Southern Maryland at Maryland's
> southern tip where thousands of Confederates were
> kept, often in harsh conditions. Of the 50,000
> soldiers held in the army prison camp, who were
> housed in tents at the Point between 1863 and
> 1865, according to the Maryland Department of
> Natural Resources, nearly 4,000 died, although
> this death rate of 8 percent was less than half
> the death rate among soldiers who were in the
> field with their own armies. In September 1862
> General Robert E. Lee launched his Maryland
> Campaign, taking the war to the Union for the
> first time. Southerners were optimistic that
> Marylanders would rise up and join the Southern
> columns, but they were to be disappointed. Upon
> entering Maryland, the Confederates found little
> support; rather, they were met with reactions that
> ranged from a cool lack of enthusiasm, to, in many
> cases, open hostility. Ha Ha L.M.F.A.O. You wack
> ass Southerners. Stay out of The North we don't
> want you Up here. Stay Down South with the rest of
> you wack ass Southerners. After the war, many
> white Maryland residents struggled to re-establish
> white supremacy over freedmen and formerly free
> blacks, and racial tensions rose. There were deep
> divisions in the state between those who fought
> for the North and those who fought for the South,
> which were also difficult to reconcile. Article by
> New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY.
>
>
> The Northern United States / Northeastern United
> States / Northeast megalopolis
>
> The United States Census Bureau divides some of
> the northernmost United States into the Midwest
> Region and the Northeast Region. The Census Bureau
> also includes the northernmost states of the
> Northwestern United States, that are , within the
> West Region. Historical term Before 19th century
> westward expansion, the "Northern United States"
> corresponded to the present day New England
> region. By the 1830s it corresponded to the
> present day Northeastern United States. During the
> American Civil War, the Northern United States was
> composed of the U.S. states that remained in the
> United States of America, the Union states. In
> this context, "The North" is synonymous with the
> Union. In this context, "The South" is composed of
> the states that seceded from the U.S. to form the
> Confederate States of America. The Library of
> Congress defines the Northeastern states as those
> east of Mississippi River and north of the Ohio
> and Potomac Rivers. Which makes Washington, D.C.
> Maryland and Delaware Northeastern. Land use As of
> 2007, forest-use covered approximately 60% of the
> Northeastern states (including Delaware, Maryland,
> and the District of Columbia), about twice the
> national average. About 12% was cropland and
> another 4% grassland pasture or range. There is
> also more urbanized land in the Northeast (11%)
> than any other region in the U.S. According to the
> Northeast Regional Climate Center, the average
> January temperature in its twelve-state region of
> Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts,
> Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey,
> Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, is
> 23.6 F (4.7 C), with 3.07 inches (78 mm) of
> precipitation. This compares to July, when the
> regional average temperature is 69.9 F (21.1 C),
> with 4.25 inches (108 mm) of precipitation.
> Example of areas with continental climates in The
> Northeastern United States New England meaning
> Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts,
> Rhode Island, Connecticut. The Under Koppen's
> climate classification, the humid subtropical
> climate can also be found in The Northeastern
> United States, primarily Maryland, Delaware,
> Washington, D.C., Southeastern Pennsylvania,
> Southern New Jersey and far Southern New York,
> specifically New York City and Long Island. So
> with that being said that does not make you the
> The South because you have a humid subtropical
> climate watch The Weather Channel not your local
> news because they don't know what they be talking
> about and you will see we all have the same
> weather in The Northeastern United States from
> Virginia to Maine Mr or Ms misinformed Fort
> Washington, Maryland oh my bad wannabe Mississippi
> I wannabe from The South so bad fuck outta here
> with that bullshit straight up. Culture Geographer
> Wilbur Zelinsky asserts that the Northeast region
> lacks a unified cultural identity, but has served
> as a "culture hearth" for the rest of the nation.
> Several much smaller geographical regions within
> the Northeast do have distinct cultural
> identities. In other words Richmond, Virginia,
> Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland they
> have an Identity Crisis. They don't know if they
> wanna be Up North one minute or Down South the
> next and thats crazy they are confused people in
> those cities I just named. Now Philadelphia,
> Pennsylvania, New York, New York, Boston,
> Massachusetts we know that we are Up North not
> Down South we know where we stand at. The
> Northeast megalopolis (also Boston-Washington
> Corridor or Bos-Wash Corridor) is the most heavily
> urbanized region of the United States, running
> primarily northeast to southwest from the northern
> suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts, to the southern
> suburbs of Washington, D.C. in Northern Virginia.
> It includes the major cities of Boston, New York
> City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C.,
> and also Richmond, V.A. along with their
> metropolitan areas and suburbs as well as many
> smaller urban centers. The Region of The
> megalopolis encompasses the District of Columbia
> and part or all of 11 states: from south to north,
> Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New
> Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island,
> Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine. It is
> linked by Interstate 95 and U.S. Route 1, which
> start in Miami and Key West, Florida,
> respectively, and terminate in Maine at the
> Canada–United States border, as well as the
> Northeast Corridor railway line, the busiest
> passenger rail line in the country. It is home to
> over 50 million people, and Metropolitan
> Statistical Areas are contiguous from Washington
> to Boston. The region is not uniformly populated
> between the terminal cities, and there are regions
> nominally within the corridor yet located away
> from the main transit lines that have been
> bypassed by urbanization, such as Connecticut's
> Quiet Corner. The BosWash was described as "the
> megalopolis that will extend from Washington to
> Boston" along "an extremely narrow strip of the
> North Atlantic coast. Meaning The Northeast.
> Virginia Tech's Metropolitan Institute outlined an
> area it labeled the "Northeast" megapolitan area,
> which it views as extending beyond Boston and
> Washington – past Portland, Maine and Richmond,
> Virginia – and described it as one of ten such
> areas in the United States. Port-Rich from
> Portland, Maine to Richmond, Virginia or Bos-Rich
> from Boston, Massachusetts to Richmond, Virginia
> it's still The Northeast. The Mid-Atlantic, also
> called Middle Atlantic states or the Mid-Atlantic
> states, form a region of the United States
> generally located between New England and The
> Southeastern States which is below The Parallel 36
> 30 North Line meaning below The Virginia State
> Line is The Southeastern States Piedmont Atlantic
> Megaregion extending from North Carolina to
> Alabama. But The Southeastern States extending
> from North Carolina to Florida. But really it's
> the same thing The Southeastern States and The
> Piedmont Atlantic Megaregion. But back to The
> Mid-Atlantic region often includes sometimes West
> Virginia but all the time Virginia, Washington,
> D.C., Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New
> Jersey, New York. When discussing climate,
> Connecticut (especially southern Connecticut) is
> often included with the mid Atlantic region.
> Meaning southwestern connecticut which is part of
> The New York metropolitan area meaning The New
> York Tri-State Area NY NJ CT. The Northeast
> Corridor and Interstate 95 link an almost
> contiguous sprawl of suburbs and large and small
> cities, forming the Mid-Atlantic portion of the
> Northeast megalopolis, one of the world's most
> important concentrations of finance, media,
> communications, education, medicine, and
> technology. But what a lot of people don't know is
> there are Unofficial regions in The U.S. I will
> name a few Unofficial U.S. multi-state regions
> Civil War Border States, Dixie, meaning below
> Mason–Dixon line In popular usage, the
> Mason–Dixon line symbolizes a cultural boundary
> between the North and the South (Dixie) but that
> is not fact that is more fiction and Mid-Atlantic
> states, which is part of The Northeastern United
> States. And The Northeastern United States is
> Official region of the United States. So with that
> being said there is no in between or in the middle
> of North and South. And some people in Maryland,
> Washington, D.C. and Virginia would say they are
> the Top of The South and the bottom of The North
> but only those who are confused and have a
> Identity Crisis would say that because they want
> to be apart of both and why I say that because of
> the influence of Hip-Hop on the African-American
> culture my Black People they just want to ride for
> who ever is hot at the time in Maryland,
> Washington, D.C., and Virginia because they are
> Dick Riders. And that could be East Coast Rap
> meaning The North Up North or Southern Rap meaning
> The South Down South and so on like Midwest Rap
> and West Coast Rap and those are the regional
> scenes of Hip-Hop. So with that being said when I
> was talking about Hip-Hop that has been around for
> 41 years going on 42 years by next year 2015 sense
> August 11, 1973 on 1520 Sedgwick Avenue The Bronx,
> New York City, New York the birthplace of Hip-Hop
> in my first article I was talking about how it had
> a influence on the Black People in Maryland,
> Washington, D.C., and Virginia not Hip-Hop it self
> dummy basically I was saying it made them some
> Dick Riders for other regional places and
> especially for The South. They have been Dick
> Riding The South sense 1996 to now days and that's
> a shame for Maryland, Washington, D.C., and
> Virginia. And yes I'm a fan first if you from the
> south, finger snap till your hands hurt If you
> from the west W's in the air, if you from the east
> coast act like you from here. Because I feel that
> we on a down slope, what happened to the east
> coast? What happened? So back to the situation at
> hand it's either you from The North or The South
> there is no in between or in the middle point
> blank period there ain't no playing both sides of
> the fence oh I forgot Maryland, Washington, D.C.,
> and Virginia they have been doing this for
> centuries they have been confused and have a
> Identity Crisis sense The American Civil War times
> to modern day times and that's a shame just stop
> Dick Riding out there y'all are some swagga
> jacking ass niggaz out there point blank period.
> And oh by the way we have rural country areas to
> Up North in Upstate New York, South Jersey,
> Central Pennsylvania and so on but that doesn't
> make us compare it with The South like places
> called Mississippi Mr or Ms Fort Washington,
> Maryland oh my bad wanna be Mississippi like fuck
> outta here. And that Mississippi bullshit you said
> if someone dropped you there blindfolded in the
> rural country areas in Maryland it will look like
> Mississippi that is an personal opinion not a fact
> dumb ass. So this is my personal opinion not a
> fact Bullshit places like Western Maryland looks
> like a fake ass Upstate New York with all the
> Mountains and shit and Southern Maryland looks
> like a fake ass Southern New Jersey with it's
> Peninsula or a fake ass Long Island, New York with
> St. Mary's Peninsula being South Fork, Suffolk
> County, New York and the Calvert Peninsula being
> North Fork, Suffolk County, New York and yes Long
> Island, New York the U.S. Supreme Court treated
> the island as a peninsula for the purposes of a
> boundary decision. And by the way Mississippi
> don't have no Mountains or a Peninsula. Now The
> D.C. metropolitan area looks like a fake ass
> little New York metropolitan Tri-State area with
> Northern Virginia being Northern New Jersey and
> The Potomac River being The Hudson River and The
> Anacostia River being The East River and
> Washington, D.C. and some parts of Prince George's
> County, Maryland and some parts of Montgomery
> County, Maryland being New York City and
> Westchester County, New York and Howard County,
> Maryland being Southwestern Connecticut now I'am
> talking about how the Urban areas of the region
> look to me and trust me I can go on. Now if you
> notice I have not one time compared Maryland,
> Washington, D.C., and Virginia to The South not
> one time but to The North yes i did. Now far as
> when I said Maryland, Washington, D.C., and
> Virginia had southern tendencies is because some
> of the people there want to be from Down South so
> bad why when people from Down South don't even
> acknowledge Deleware, Maryland, Washighton D.C.,
> or Virginia as being part of The South. People in
> North Carolina don't even look at Virginia as
> being a true Southern State they look at Virginia
> as it being a Northern State so what that tell you
> Dumb Ass. Now North Carolina they are in The South
> why because they are below The Parallel 36 30
> North Line and Virginia is above The Parallel 36
> 30 North Line which makes it The North. So with
> that being said learn how to read and do the
> mathematics and the Knowledge Asshole. And oh yeah
> by the way I don't do hashtags I get in your Ass
> i'm too grown for some damn hashtags Dumb Ass fuck
> outta here you ain't talkin to no youngsta. So at
> the end of the day it's fuck what you talkin about
> it's about what the fuck i'm talkin about.
> Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia
> is Northeastern States / Northern States. Not
> Mid-Atlantic States and Not Southern States. So
> with that being said if i did not send for you
> don't come for me Asshole because i'm coming right
> back at you Mr or Ms Fort Washington, Maryland
> A.K.A. Mississippi. So Now You a slave to a page
> in my article, Your big dummy, Asshole your time's
> up. Now I want to give a shout out to all my Real
> Northeasterners / Northerners that's keepin it
> real and representin' The Northeastern United
> States / The Northern United States to the fullest
> from Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland,
> Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York,
> Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont,
> New Hampshire, Maine. Keep Reppin' The
> Northeastern United States / The Northern United
> States I'm out one. Northeast megalopolis,
> BosWash, Northeast Corridor, East Coast hip hop,
> Articles by New York A.K.A. Nu Yawk NY. 21:00, 1
> November 2014

In case you haven't noticed, most of the blacks around here aren't from here.
Most have roots in the Carolinas where they have the "Massa done gonna take
care of me" attitude except now instead of "Massa" it's the government whether
Federal, state, or local. they are Southern for sure. Whitey gonna pay fo' it.

Posted by: MasonDixon1 ()
Date: June 09, 2015 10:51PM

Maryland is a border state, but Virginia will always be South because it was one of the 11 States of the Confederacy. Its just no escaping that.

Posted by: MidAtlantics ()
Date: June 09, 2015 10:58PM

The Mid Atlantic is not part of the Northeast. Its called Mid Atlantic because its a distinct region all of its own. Most of the Mid-Atlantic has more in common with the Southern states. But Virginia and North Carolina are often included in both the Southeast and Mid Atlantic regions.

Posted by: HMVue ()
Date: June 10, 2015 04:20PM

The entire MD General Assembly was arrested before the Civil War by Lincoln's Marshalls, because roomer had it they were going to vote to side with the South which would have put DC in a bad predicament surrounded by the confederacy.
Lincoln had them all arrested so they could not vote!

That War was to keep the South from forming it's own nation.
The reason the South wanted autonomy was because of grossly unfair (high) trade / shipping tarriffs imposed by the North (cotton shipped the New England, etc. to the textile mills).

Slavery issue was used as a pawn later by Lincoln, when he gave the emacipation proclamation during the middle of the war as a tactic to dismantle the Southern States.

Slavery was an issue being debated at the time and the Civil War helped push the issue to the forefront towards the end of the war and afterwards.

MD. the FREE STATE, most likely would have been a Southern State if the vote were allowed.
Clever move by Lincoln.

Posted by: culturecrazy ()
Date: June 10, 2015 06:47PM

Maryland, maybe, but I find it laughable when people lump Virginia in as a northeast state. That's really stretching it. Might as well include South Carolina. I mean, even if we are probably the furthest north you can go in the South, its not the Northeast. Its Mid Atlantic. The Mid Atlantic is not part of the Northeast, otherwise it wouldn't be called Mid-Atlantic.

Posted by: The Only Educated Jerk in Here ()
Date: June 10, 2015 07:03PM

Linguistically, Maryland is a Southern State.

Source: My B.A. in Linguistics, W&M, 1989

Posted by: Educated Jerk ()
Date: June 10, 2015 07:04PM

And a little Midlands.

Posted by: DeathToTrollsAndTyrants ()
Date: June 10, 2015 07:28PM

DMV, DC should be considered Northern.

You don't experience true VA until you reach the rest stops on 66 W. and 95 S. out of what has become the jungle of NOVA.

VA, though not in the deep South, is the most confederate state of the Confederacy -- Richmond, being the Capitol City while it lasted.

There is still a thread of real American culture in NOVA, but it is fading fast ...
True American culture, not to be confused with Southern Culture, which is a bit different, but still mostly on par with True America.

Posted by: JoeM ()
Date: May 21, 2016 10:27PM

Maryland can go either way. I'm from Maryland and my family has been there for generations. I'm not sure what you consider southern but in my county we have a memorial statue at the court house for all our rebel soldiers who died in the Civil War. My family has always had trucks,we fly a rebel flag, love America and Maryland, shoot guns and farm. Before seeing this I didn't even think about this debate. As soon as you get away from the big cities you get into the country. I've been to a small town in Georgia and it really didn't seem all that different. Some areas have been becoming more liberal however as time goes on in the areas near DC and Baltimore. The state can go either way it just depends on which part you are in.

Posted by: per the US census bureau ()
Date: May 21, 2016 10:46PM

It is The South.
Attachments:
Us south census - Southern United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.html

Posted by: 933jb ()
Date: May 22, 2016 08:21AM

>I totally agree with a previous poster. Manassas Park should be the northern fringes of the South. My girl purchased a home there and the drive from Reston to Manassas Park was almost as if I was traveling back in time. The South was the sh*thole of the nation in the 1860s and it continues to be today.

+1

Posted by: SouthernNights ()
Date: May 22, 2016 01:42PM

933jb Wrote:
> >I totally agree with a previous poster. Manassas
> Park should be the northern fringes of the South.
> My girl purchased a home there and the drive from
> Reston to Manassas Park was almost as if I was
> traveling back in time. The South was the sh*thole
> of the nation in the 1860s and it continues to be
> today.
>
> +1

I always thought it was the opposite. NE= more blue collar gritty working class and ethnic. South is more rural and kind of like England. The dirty cities are all in the North. IMO, the North ends at Baltimore, MD. When you get south of that D.C. is much cleaner looking city. Richmond used to look dirty , but not like the gritty NE cities. La Plata Maryland is pretty Southern. MD is definitely a border state that way.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.