HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So I was right
Posted by: right again ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:20PM

When I said Iran would cut exports of oil to Europe. Now they have done just that. I also predicted $4 a gallon gas and that is true in some states already. But on the plus side Obama has denied the building of the Keystone pipeline to make us less dependent on oil from the middle east and other unfriendly countries.
Hope and change I could do without.
Attachments:
obama-gas-prices.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So I was right
Date: February 19, 2012 01:23PM

nytimes_gasoline_price.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:28PM

1.) The Keystone Pipeline transports crude oil from the oil sands of Canada. It is very costly to extract this oil, more difficult than the flowing oil of the Middle East.

2.) The oil markets are so complicated, you can't simply expect more oil production to automatically lower the price of gas at the pump.

Date: February 19, 2012 01:29PM

Thanks WTL that makes will make me feel better when I put $60 worth of gas in my car today. Now if the price of kool aid ever goes up you are in big trouble.

You are so intent on blaming Bush for everything you will never admit the Dear Leader has no idea what he is doing. If hope and change means doing the same stupid thing over and over I dont see that as change at all.

You are dumb is you think his printing of more dollars and accepting more debt without cuts does not effect the price of oil and other commodities. But you will just say well Bush did it too.

Date: February 19, 2012 01:31PM

right again Wrote:

>
> You are dumb is you think his printing of more
> dollars and accepting more debt without cuts does
> not effect the price of oil and other commodities.

You are dumb if you think we don't know this is mcsmack.

Have you touched a child today?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:31PM

So let me understand this. You make 1000s of predictions here anonymously and which are all wrong. Then you come here and claim you made 1 prediction that came true and say "I told you so"?

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Date: February 19, 2012 01:33PM

Gas prices are going up over speculation related to Iran. It has nothing to do with our debt situation. If it did, why would gas prices drop in half the way they did when Reagan grew our debt exponentially during his term.

No, this is a speculative bubble. Unlike Bush, I expect Obama to fuck the speculators with a release from the strategic reserves.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:34PM

Reg Gas was $4.99/gal last night at the stoney gas station next the Watergate in DC.

The one thing we can say about the price of gas with the Bush Admin is that it did spike up then go back down. However with Obama in office it just keeps going up and up.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:37PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reg Gas was $4.99/gal last night at the stoney gas
> station next the Watergate in DC.
>
>

Probably the most expensive gas station outside of California.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Date: February 19, 2012 01:38PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:

> No, this is a speculative bubble. Unlike Bush, I
> expect Obama to fuck the speculators with a
> release from the strategic reserves.

Strategic reserves? Typical thinking of a liberal. That reserve is put there for an emergency only, not to knock down the price of gas by maybe five cents a gallon and help Obamas ratings. It is there for military usage in case we find ourselves without imports.

Posted by: so I was right ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:41PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> So let me understand this. You make 1000s of
> predictions here anonymously and which are all
> wrong. Then you come here and claim you made 1
> prediction that came true and say "I told you so"?

I made several all of which came true. I predicted the Giants would win the Super Bowl I predicted gas would go up to $4 a gallon. I predicted this would be a warm winter. I also predicted WTL would continue to blame Bush for all of Obamas failings but that didnt really take much of a prediction, that was a given.

Posted by: losertalk ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:44PM

So this is all the Republicans have to hang thier hat on..increased oil prices...sounds like loser talk to me.

Posted by: retardtalk ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:52PM

The fact you think the Keystone pipe line would help reduce our dependency on foreign oil is proof you don't have the slightest clue on how oil is produced, traded and consumed.

Posted by: not really ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:52PM

Attachments:
Debt.jpg

Posted by: douchebag says what ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:54PM

retardtalk Wrote:
> The fact you think the Keystone pipe line would
> help reduce our dependency on foreign oil is proof
> you don't have the slightest clue on how oil is
> produced, traded and consumed.

You got me there, there is no way oil coming from a friendly coountry would ever be better than that coming from Iran or Venezuela

Date: February 19, 2012 01:55PM

Dont go hating because I was right. Those that have knowledge of the real world usually are. Thase that are spoon fed what Obama tells you are usually wrong. But we can always blame Bush.

Posted by: chinaexpress ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:57PM

douchebag says what Wrote:
> retardtalk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The fact you think the Keystone pipe line would
> > help reduce our dependency on foreign oil is
> proof
> > you don't have the slightest clue on how oil is
> > produced, traded and consumed.
>
>
> You got me there, there is no way oil coming from
> a friendly coountry would ever be better than that
> coming from Iran or Venezuela

It's going straight to China, the US economy is getting better, that means more trips to Walmart. US is basically playing middleman we wont see a drop.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 19, 2012 01:57PM

I'm no fan of Obama, but the President has nothing to do with the price of gas. If you want to blame somebody in the government, blame Congress for not cracking down on the bullshit speculators that drive the cost of crude. But that's equally as dumb.

Unfortunately, one doesn't equal the other.

And the Keystone pipeline will take years to build and have no bearing on jack shit right now.

Posted by: oil increased ()
Date: February 19, 2012 02:03PM

Posted by: ponsi ()
Date: February 19, 2012 02:05PM

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission charged one trading house and two individuals for illegally manipulating oil prices during the price spike of 2008, when oil reached $147 a barrel, by creating the appearance of a shortage to drive up the benchmark for crude. While the action covers oil trading in 2008, the connection to today, where speculation is seen as a primary cause for higher gas prices, is unmistakable.

http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/05/25/cftc-charges-oil-traders-in-2008-speculation-scheme/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.