HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Honeymoon destintion help
Posted by: Yes siree bob ()
Date: March 03, 2008 12:48PM

was looking at the caribbean or parts of mexico

No cruises. Iso nice beaches, quiet. Clear water, warm weather for august 25th. A place with a rain forest near for excursions would be nice.

Anybody ever been? Recommend any resorts
Just fishing around

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Honeymoon destintion help
Posted by: HooLeo ()
Date: March 03, 2008 12:53PM

Try any place in Mexico. Lots of people from Prince William County are going
there.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: March 03, 2008 12:59PM

http://www.embassysuitesdorado.com/

10 years ago it was a Hyatt Resort.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 03, 2008 01:00PM

off topic.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: March 03, 2008 01:05PM

Hi,

One of the nicest vacations we had recently was Provo in the Turks and Caicos. We chose Provo because the cruise ships don't come there and it is not as touristy as many other islands. It was beautiful. The beach was called Grace Bay and it was largely deserted except for a wedding group who were staying next door.
The only drawback was food was really expensive. I suggest getting a place with a washer and dryer and packing food.
Another place with a rain forest was Puerto Rico. The rain forest was the best part of the trip for me. I loved hiking there and seeing waterfalls. I would not stay in San Juan. I woukld stay closer to the rain forest area possibly on the nortern part like Rincon. But Old San Juan is a great place for walking around.

We also loved Aruba. There is no rain forest but there is a large national park for hiking but it gets hot. I have also heard good things about negril.
My husband and I use a web site called Trip Advisor to do our research. You could also get a book by Frommers and just look for the island you like. Travel agents are used to answering this too. If outdoor sports is your thing, I have heard that the grand Bahama Island is good for that plus airfare is much cheaper. Good luck.

Trickie

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 03, 2008 02:43PM

Skip the carribean and go to Las Vegas for your honeymoon instead. The weather is real warm in August, it got all the way up to 110 when I was there last summer!! You can stay at The Flamingo- it has a really great pool area that looks just like where a beach meets a rain forest, it even has a waterfall, real flamingoes, and several outdoor blackjack tables- just like a real rain forest! The water is also very clear, and cocktail service is fairly quick, and they will give you the booze for free as long as you are gambling. Mandalay Bay also has a fancy rainforest/gambling pool area that looks really neat, but the odds in their craps pit aren't as good and they deal that crappy 6:5 blackjack- avoid it at all costs!!!!

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 03, 2008 02:45PM

Vegas....ew

Sit on your ass all day, and watch hookers and overweight gamblers?

Posted by: Panama Jack ()
Date: March 03, 2008 02:46PM

Nice, helpful advice, Creeper.

Posted by: Kayak ()
Date: March 03, 2008 05:08PM

Try kayak dot com...... this site is perfect for planning trips/posting on boards regarding trips.... go to the buzz section

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: March 03, 2008 05:40PM

Carambola on St. Croix, Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas. Been a few years but they were both awesome.

Posted by: Cookie216 ()
Date: March 03, 2008 05:49PM

I highly recommend Aruba for a honeymoon in August..it's outside the hurricane belt (hurricanes in the Caribbean are a concern in August). We went to Aruba for our honeymoon in September and loved it. Look into the Radisson or Hyatt.

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: March 03, 2008 07:38PM

Puerto Rico. Has the Old San Juan with historic city, plenty of beaches all over - ones with and without tourists, and El Yunque rain forest is really nice too. Plus its a US territory so US currency, etc. Plus it took us only about 3 or so hours from Dulles to San Juan. Plenty of resorts and excursions. Been on a couple cruises all over Carribean and the other islands are nice but PR has just a bunch more options on things to do.

Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:30PM

Two words...Costa Rica!

Pacific coast in Guanacaste province is amazing. Great beaches, amazing food, rain forest, ecotours, volcanoes at a very affordable price. While August is during the rainy season, you will see a shower every day for 30-45 minutes and then lots of sunshine. Highly recommend anything on the Nicoya Peninsula.

Posted by: walkman ()
Date: March 03, 2008 11:48PM

I recommend St. Lucia. Many things to do there i.e. scuba, hiking,horseback, sailing, relaxing etc. Oh yeah and they have there own rain forest

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:17AM

http://www.caneelbay.com/

Or Maui or Kauai. Lots of good places on Maui and Kauai.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:53AM

why in the hell do people think going to locations that are insanely hot are great places? go out to the nevada desert, it's hot as hell and nobody around for miles.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:54AM

Kauai is really beautiful. I went there 2 years ago for my retirement trip. While hiking near Princeville on the trail above Kee Beach, I slipped and broke my leg. It was a compound fracture, both the tibia and the fibula and the bone came thru the skin. It happened on day 2 but I really want to go back some day and finish that hike. The ER docs there were great! I had to fly home on that Vicodin medicine and was on that for three months. I think it damaged my IQ but my leg is perfect now except for the surgery scar. You can snorkel, kayak, mountain bike and learn to surf. Plus there are roosters running around all over and they let cats in the restaurants. I really wanna go back!!!!

Posted by: sdfsdf ()
Date: March 04, 2008 01:25AM

Springfield Mall

Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: March 04, 2008 08:33AM

Neen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.caneelbay.com/
>
> Or Maui or Kauai. Lots of good places on Maui and
> Kauai.

Kauai was really nice 15-20 years ago, but I think that all of the resort development on the north side around Princeville has really changed the nature of the island. There are still beautiful beaches and no limit on things to do, but the magic of Kauai is largely gone and seems a lot like Maui. Not that Maui isn't beautiful, but it is far from the tranquil haven that it once was.

The great destinations rarely remain a secret and even my recommendation, Costa Rica, is suffering from massive over development as a result of relatively low land prices, a stable, safe country, proximity to the US and the ability to provide fun, safe vacations for families and adults of all ages.

There was a reason that they selected Kauai to film South Pacific, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jurassic Park.

Posted by: Harry Beaver ()
Date: March 04, 2008 09:13AM

Gravis Wrote:
> why in the hell do people think going to locations
> that are insanely hot are great places? go out to
> the nevada desert, it's hot as hell and nobody
> around for miles.

any hot location in the carribean, beats hot hell hole called Virginia.

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: March 04, 2008 10:14AM

Harry Beaver Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > why in the hell do people think going to
> locations
> > that are insanely hot are great places? go out
> to
> > the nevada desert, it's hot as hell and nobody
> > around for miles.
>
>
> any hot location in the carribean, beats hot hell
> hole called Virginia.

Haha, true true

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: March 04, 2008 03:09PM

110? Whimps!

I had to go to a conference there in the middle of July two years ago and it topped 117 degrees during the day and was still over 100 degrees after 10:00 pm.

There are two ort three real nice all inclusive resorts iun the Dominican Republic. Just do not go outside the resort. This is ok because the resorts have anything you need - activities, beach and alcohol. These also generally less expensive than the typical Caribbean islands and you can get deals also.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.