HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 07:03AM

Tebow was famous for wearing the John 3:16 verse on his eye black in college. During yesterday's "Mile High Miracle," he threw for 316 yards with average yards per completion of 31.6.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Touchdown HayZeus ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:22AM

Steelers could have used an Immaculate Reception


Hadn't seen Steelers this year Troy Polamalu has bulked up

didn't know he was a Godsquader


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:34AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> threw for 316 yards with average yards per completion of 31.6.

Undisputable evidence that the Lord guided him to victory.

Tebow goes out on the field, and throws a TD. There's no other way to explain it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: scab ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:44AM

I think his completion % might also be near 31.6.

Is that a herpezoid of some type on his lower lip?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:04AM

Maybe the Redskins will draft Satan next year as a Field Goal Kicker?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Makessense ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:05AM

Well, clearly God is a football fan.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about him helping a multi-millionaire win a game rather than helping the starving & suffering children of the world.

But he does work in mysterious ways doesn't he?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 09:07AM

Touchdown HayZeus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Steelers could have used an Immaculate Reception
>
>
> Hadn't seen Steelers this year Troy Polamalu has
> bulked up
>
> didn't know he was a Godsquader
>
>


Obviously God thinks Tebow is more of a Christian than Troy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Oxyclean ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:12AM

Makessense Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, clearly God is a football fan.
>
> I'm not quite sure how I feel about him helping a
> multi-millionaire win a game rather than helping
> the starving & suffering children of the world.
>
>
> But he does work in mysterious ways doesn't he?

And he spoke from on high with a terrible thunder, "It's called FOOTBALL you crazy brits! Henceforth, call your silly kicking of the white and black ball game Soccer elst I flood thee as terrible heathens"



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 09:12AM by Oxyclean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:34AM

Tebow said after the game that God told him, just before overtime, that he would help him win this game, but only if he would stop kissing big, black men. If he continues to do it, God will have to destroy the whole sinning city of Denver.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:43AM

Touchdown HayZeus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hadn't seen Steelers this year Troy Polamalu has
> bulked up

He also "gave up" on the last play. He was ready to walk of the field before DT had scored.

They spent more time explaining the playoff overtime rules then it took for Tebow to work his magic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: get a teacher ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:50AM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tebow said after the game that God told him, just
> before overtime, that he would help him win this
> game, but only if he would stop kissing big, black
> men. If he continues to do it, God will have to
> destroy the whole sinning city of Denver.


So, instead of fighting with releigion with logic and such, you have resorted to calling their adherants homosexual?

I bet you are the type that opposes religion because, among other things, it is generally repressive to homosexuals. Yet you are more than ready to call someone a homosexual in order to insult them? That really makes no sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Libtards on parade... ()
Date: January 09, 2012 10:18AM

get a teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So, instead of fighting with releigion with logic
> and such, you have resorted to calling their
> adherants homosexual?
>
> I bet you are the type that opposes religion
> because, among other things, it is generally
> repressive to homosexuals. Yet you are more than
> ready to call someone a homosexual in order to
> insult them? That really makes no sense.

Yup, that's straight out of the liberal/atheist playbook.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 10:38AM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> He also "gave up" on the last play. He was ready
> to walk of the field before DT had scored.
>


He didn't give up. He didn't have a chance. He was up at the line looking for the run.




I realize the Steelers had injuries and Ryan Clark wasn't able to play. But how many times could the secondary be surprised by that same fucking post play? You have to wonder if it isn't time for Dick LeBeau to retire after something like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 09, 2012 11:42AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I realize the Steelers had injuries and Ryan Clark
> wasn't able to play. But how many times could the
> secondary be surprised by that same fucking post
> play? You have to wonder if it isn't time for Dick
> LeBeau to retire after something like that.

They were looking for the run a lot! No adjustments. It's kind of like they were saying "this is our defense, this is what got us here, we're not changing". Seems kind of stubborn, but that's how people get in their older age. ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: AlvinHarper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 02:52PM

That play reminded me of this one in 1993:


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 09, 2012 03:50PM

get a teacher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So, instead of fighting with releigion with logic
> and such, you have resorted to calling their
> adherants homosexual?
>
> I bet you are the type that opposes religion
> because, among other things, it is generally
> repressive to homosexuals. Yet you are more than
> ready to call someone a homosexual in order to
> insult them? That really makes no sense.

Being religious means you aren't very good at using "logic and such", so it's difficult (if not impossible) to convince them of anything else.

Saying someone is homosexual is not an insult. To some it's a compliment and the truth. Ask any gay guy you know (which is probably none) if their gaydar goes ballistic around Tim Tebow.
Attachments:
Tim-Tebow-Demaryius-Thomas-kiss.jpg
article-2084048-0F6243B500000578-818_638x424.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 04:04PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> get a teacher Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > So, instead of fighting with releigion with
> logic
> > and such, you have resorted to calling their
> > adherants homosexual?
> >
> > I bet you are the type that opposes religion
> > because, among other things, it is generally
> > repressive to homosexuals. Yet you are more
> than
> > ready to call someone a homosexual in order to
> > insult them? That really makes no sense.
>
> Being religious means you aren't very good at
> using "logic and such", so it's difficult (if not
> impossible) to convince them of anything else.
>
> Saying someone is homosexual is not an insult. To
> some it's a compliment and the truth. Ask any gay
> guy you know (which is probably none) if their
> gaydar goes ballistic around Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow may need this...

http://www.gaychristian.net/

...Don't worry, Tim. Jesus loves you. His dad doesn't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Tebow 3:16 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:32PM

The media hates Tebow. Now give them Michael Vick and they fall all over themselves to pardon his crimes and paint him as a hero to young kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 07:39PM

Tebow 3:16 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The media hates Tebow. Now give them Michael Vick
> and they fall all over themselves to pardon his
> crimes and paint him as a hero to young kids.


I think the media have been pretty kind to Tebow. It's the NFL establishment that hates him because they see him as potentially alienating fans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Tebow 3:16 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 07:44PM

Who would be alienated by Tebow? Ok maybe the Phitsburg fans but who else. If Tebow was a Muslim it would totally hands off and you know it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:11PM

Tebow 3:16 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> If Tebow was a Muslim
> it would totally hands off and you know it.

If Tebow bowed to Mecca and shouted "Allah Ackbar" after every TD, the same people who are supporting him right now would have a MUCH different reaction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Tebow 3:16 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:15PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> If Tebow bowed to Mecca and shouted "Allah Ackbar"
> after every TD, the same people who are supporting
> him right now would have a MUCH different
> reaction.

You are right the media would paint that person an inspiration to his faith.

Tebow has suffered plenty of ridicule on tv and it is laughed off by the media as just harmless fun. Yet you let some media head laugh at a guy bowing to Mecca and it would be a firestorm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 08:23PM

Tebow's biggest critics have been owners like Jerry Jones and legends like John Elway. I don't consider former players like Merrill Hodge to be members of the "liberal media."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: nope ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:27PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tebow's biggest critics have been owners like
> Jerry Jones and legends like John Elway. I don't
> consider former players like Merrill Hodge to be
> members of the "liberal media."


Of course an owner who passes on him is going to dislike him. Of course former Qbs are going to dislike him because he changes the perception of what the position is and makes comebacks look easy.

And Bill Mahr whose made vicious attacks on Tebow and is his biggest critic is 100 percent the liberal media

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:35PM

Tebow 3:16 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You are right the media would paint that person an
> inspiration to his faith.

Yeah right. Dumb rednecks would have the networks on their knees with threats of an NFL-boycott and he'd become the subject of Michelle Bachmann's presidential campaign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Tebow 3:16 ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:40PM

Let me know when Bill Maher uses profanity to describe Allah and SNL does a skit on Muslims and Allah being so comical.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:47PM

I don't watch either show, so don't expect me to be a source for your request. You'll have to discover that on your own.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: its common sense ()
Date: January 09, 2012 08:52PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't watch either show, so don't expect me to
> be a source for your request. You'll have to
> discover that on your own.


Ill help you out Maher would never in a million years do so

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: sorry but no ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:00PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't watch either show, so don't expect me to
> be a source for your request. You'll have to
> discover that on your own.

I will save you the work

"Wow, Jesus just fucked TimTebow bad! And on Xmas Eve! Somewhere in hell Satan is tebowing, saying to Hitler 'Hey, Buffalo's killing them'

Its his right to free speech so thats about it. If you think he would make a similar statement about a Muslim you are stupid or a liar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:02PM

its common sense Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Ill help you out Maher would never in a million
> years do so

Do you think Tebow should speak out against Islam?

It's obviously against his own belief system. He's profoundly Christian. Why wouldn't he be the one to refute the Muslims' claims on divinity? His behavior on the field qualifies him as a better spokesman than Bill Maher.

I'll help you out, Tebow would never in a million years do so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:10PM

sorry but no Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its his right to free speech so thats about it. If
> you think he would make a similar statement about
> a Muslim you are stupid or a liar.


"What Bill Maher might say" wasn't the topic of anything I wrote. I don't watch his show, and what he might/might-not say has nothing to do with the thread. Someone else entered his name into these posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: jajajajA ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:13PM

Meeper = WashingtoneLocian = Numbers

What a fraud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 09, 2012 09:20PM

jajajajA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Meeper = WashingtoneLocian = Numbers

Can't get that 'trinity' belief out of your head I see. Interesting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 09, 2012 10:57PM

its common sense Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Ill help you out Maher would never in a million
> years do so


Bill Maher is always goofing on Islam. In fact, on his recent stand up show, he had an Islamic fashion show, wherein he goofed on Allah and all things islamic for 5 minutes straight.

If you don't watch his show(s), how can you say what he talks and doesn't talk about? I (WTL, Meeper and Numbers) say YOU are the fraud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 09, 2012 11:14PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its common sense Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Ill help you out Maher would never in a million
> > years do so
>
>
> Bill Maher is always goofing on Islam. In fact, on
> his recent stand up show, he had an Islamic
> fashion show, wherein he goofed on Allah and all
> things islamic for 5 minutes straight.
>
> If you don't watch his show(s), how can you say
> what he talks and doesn't talk about? I (WTL,
> Meeper and Numbers) say YOU are the fraud.

Anyone who thinks Maher is an apologist for Islam needs to watch this...

http://youtu.be/Slei9WmopAc

Maybe "its common sense" should actually take a look at what Maher has said before criticizing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 06:13AM

its common sense Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Ill help you out Maher would never in a million
> years do so

lol. well so much for that argument.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: January 10, 2012 06:42AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its common sense Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > Ill help you out Maher would never in a million
> > years do so
>
> lol. well so much for that argument.

As if you couldn't win a sidetracked argument. Especially when you helped lead it astray.

What about the original premise that the media has done nothing but attack Tebow for his beliefs since before he was drafted?

Care to return to that one?

Or how about your assertion that "dumb rednecks" are the majority of followers of the NFL?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 10, 2012 07:01AM

Who in the media has attacked Tebow? I want names. If you look at it, most of the attacks have come from former NFL players who are working as analysts. Virtually none of the criticism is about his faith but about his ability to be a pro QB, which, with the exception of the Steelers game, is still in doubt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 07:03AM

Vexxxed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> What about the original premise that the media has
> done nothing but attack Tebow for his beliefs
> since before he was drafted?
>
> Care to return to that one?

His absurd behavior deserves all the scrutiny and negative attention it is getting. There's no reason to automatically respect his religion, for the same reason we wouldn't respect him if he stood up and praised the Loch Ness Monster after throwing a touchdown. It's ridiculous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Lamont. jr. ()
Date: January 10, 2012 08:26AM

Wonder if lil' danny could make another deal with Satan to bring Broncos offensive line to D.C.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 10, 2012 09:38AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vexxxed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > What about the original premise that the media
> has
> > done nothing but attack Tebow for his beliefs
> > since before he was drafted?
> >
> > Care to return to that one?
>


Yes. Here's the media doing nothing but attacking him...



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 10, 2012 09:41AM

I'll be honest. I've looked through YouTube and the only people talking about the media attacking Tim Tebow for his faith are Christian and Conservative commentators. What I have seen in the media has been discussions about his ability to be a starter in the NFL. While his faith comes up, it's not usually the focus of criticism.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Cripple Mr Wa ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:30AM

who cares about Tebow's faith. And for the haters, I would rather hear about Tebow's religious convictions then about all the other NFL thugs and their rap sheets. That league is a bunch of criminals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: typical moron ()
Date: January 10, 2012 06:38PM

Cripple Mr Wa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That league is a bunch of criminals.


right, except for white, christian evangelicals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: tebow is hot ()
Date: January 10, 2012 06:40PM

that boy if fine. hes fucking hot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: sorry no real no ()
Date: January 10, 2012 07:50PM

TheMeeper Wrote:

> His absurd behavior deserves all the scrutiny and
> negative attention it is getting.

What absurb behavior? Did you think the same thing with Muhammad Ali when he followed his beliefs and refused to serve in uniform?

There's no
> reason to automatically respect his religion, for
> the same reason we wouldn't respect him if he
> stood up and praised the Loch Ness Monster after
> throwing a touchdown. It's ridiculous.

That comes down to being a decent person who doesnt have to agree with others but can still respect their choices. Who does he hurt by being religious. If anything pro sports and especially the NBA could use a few more like Tebow and a few less like the thugs roaming the sports.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 08:37PM

sorry no real no Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> What absurb behavior? Did you think the same
> thing with Muhammad Ali when he followed his
> beliefs and refused to serve in uniform?
>
> That comes down to being a decent person who
> doesnt have to agree with others but can still
> respect their choices. Who does he hurt by being
> religious. If anything pro sports and especially
> the NBA could use a few more like Tebow and a few
> less like the thugs roaming the sports.

Bowing in an act of supernatural obedience, while you're at work, is completely absurd. Would you think it normal if your plumber, who just fixed your toilet, bowed solemnly and gave thanks to Zeus? No, you'd probably think he's a lunatic.

But it's his belief man!!

Tebow isn't a decent person for praying. Not at all. There's no virtue in abandoning your critical thought process by pretending to talk to some personal deity.

Who does he hurt? Any of the young or dumb, impressionable people who watch him and conclude that their god must be defying the laws of physics (and sanity) to help some dude toss a football. It proliferates their stupidity.

Thanks for pointing out those evil thugs in the NBA. We all know what you goofy conservative christians think about minorities in this country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: look in the mirror ()
Date: January 10, 2012 08:47PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bowing in an act of supernatural obedience, while
> you're at work, is completely absurd. Would you
> think it normal if your plumber, who just fixed
> your toilet, bowed solemnly and gave thanks to
> Zeus? No, you'd probably think he's a lunatic.
>
> But it's his belief man!!
>
> Tebow isn't a decent person for praying. Not at
> all. There's no virtue in abandoning your
> critical thought process by pretending to talk to
> some personal deity.
>
> Who does he hurt? Any of the young or dumb,
> impressionable people who watch him and conclude
> that their god must be defying the laws of physics
> (and sanity) to help some dude toss a football.
> It proliferates their stupidity.
>
> Thanks for pointing out those evil thugs in the
> NBA. We all know what you goofy conservative
> christians think about minorities in this country.


And we all know what you liberals think about people with morals and values. Thanks for pointing out just how much of a joke you really are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 08:51PM

I pay absolutely zero attention to American football, yet in the past month I've come to know this 'Tebow' fucker's name quite well.
He's an attention whore. Fuck him and his Bible verse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Kittie ()
Date: January 10, 2012 08:55PM

Übermensch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I pay absolutely zero attention to American
> football, yet in the past month I've come to know
> this 'Tebow' fucker's name quite well.
> He's an attention whore. Fuck him and his Bible
> verse.

+1

It's a fucking show. Look at me!! God loves me. Go fuck yourself Tebow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:00PM

look in the mirror Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> And we all know what you liberals think about
> people with morals and values.

Osama bin Laden had morals and values based on scriptures, and we all know how that turned out. What about Abraham of the old testament? He tied his kid up on altar and attempted to sacrifice him. The jewish/christian/muslim God TOLD him to do that.

Nowadays he'd be locked up in jail for child abuse, and paraded around TV as a child-abuser and complete monster.

That's your scriptural basis for morals and values?

Talk about a joke.

Grow up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: whatever people ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:00PM

Tebow is god

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: look in the mirror ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:10PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> look in the mirror Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > And we all know what you liberals think about
> > people with morals and values.
>
> Osama bin Laden had morals and values based on
> scriptures, and we all know how that turned out.
> What about Abraham of the old testament? He tied
> his kid up on altar and attempted to sacrifice
> him. The jewish/christian/muslim God TOLD him to
> do that.
>
> Nowadays he'd be locked up in jail for child
> abuse, and paraded around TV as a child-abuser and
> complete monster.
>
> That's your scriptural basis for morals and
> values?
>
> Talk about a joke.
>
> Grow up.

Your the one that has a lot of growing up to do.

Liberals: The party of tolerance as long as you agree with everything they believe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:13PM

look in the mirror Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liberals: The party of tolerance as long as you
> agree with everything they believe


You're pretty fucking deluded if you think that only applies to liberals.
Also: 'liberals' is not a 'party'...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: look in the mirror ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:18PM

Übermensch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> look in the mirror Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Liberals: The party of tolerance as long as you
> > agree with everything they believe
>
>
> You're pretty fucking deluded if you think that
> only applies to liberals.
> Also: 'liberals' is not a 'party'...


It applies mostly to liberals. And no shit its not a party i never said it was. Its an ideology.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:18PM

look in the mirror Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The party of tolerance as long as you
> agree with everything they believe


I'm not being intolerant. It's just high-time that people like you (or Tim Tebow) actually ANSWER questions about what you really believe in. There is no reason to grant you special respect because you are 'religious'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: look in the mirror ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:20PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> look in the mirror Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The party of tolerance as long as you
> > agree with everything they believe
>
>
> I'm not being intolerant. It's just high-time
> that people like you (or Tim Tebow) actually
> ANSWER questions about what you really believe in.
> There is no reason to grant you special respect
> because you are 'religious'.

You are being intolerant. You have an issue with the fact the HE is christian. Thats intolerance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:22PM

look in the mirror Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Übermensch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > look in the mirror Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Liberals: The party of tolerance as long as
> you
> > > agree with everything they believe
> >
> >
> > You're pretty fucking deluded if you think that
> > only applies to liberals.
> > Also: 'liberals' is not a 'party'...
>
>
> It applies mostly to liberals. And no shit its
> not a party i never said it was. Its an ideology.


If you believe that's true, you're either really ignorant, or just watch too much Fox News.

Either way, you did refer to 'liberals' as a party. Before wasting your time arguing with me, go back and check.
I would not have accused you of doing so had you not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 09:44PM

look in the mirror Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You are being intolerant. You have an issue with
> the fact the HE is christian. Thats intolerance.


I'm being critical, not intolerant. I criticize his christian beliefs the same way I criticize Tom Cruise's scientology beliefs, the same way I criticize people who believe in Bigfoot.

If I were intolerant, I'd smite him down like he was a Midianite and then capture his women as spoils like Moses did.

And I could claim faith in my jealous god as a justification. And I'd be virtuous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: what me worry ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:00PM

^^^ why do you have to be critical at all? In what way does Tim Tebow effect how you live your life? I see Muslims everyday and have been in the store when they take out their prayer rugs and bow to Mecca. I find it interesting and see no need to be critical of them, same with Catholics who do the cross thing on their chest. No biggie.
If their beliefs make them a better person even better.

I am not open to anyone trying to convert me to their religion but I havent seen Tebow doing that yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:02PM

I want him to start speaking in tongues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:25PM

what me worry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I find it interesting

Me too. That's why I'd like to hear some answers, instead of cowering behind the comfortable skirt that religion has granted them for centuries. The Tim Tebow thread seems like a good start.

Is this really about belief in a god, or social conservative respect for conservative republicans?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:34PM

Tebow 3:16 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me know when Bill Maher uses profanity to
> describe Allah and SNL does a skit on Muslims and
> Allah being so comical.


It's funny...
Conservatives are always bitching about Maher
And one of the most common criticisms I hear involves the accusation that Maher would never speak of Islam (sometimes Judaism is also mentioned) the way he speaks of Christianity.
This is complete fucking bullshit. Anyone that is at ALL familiar with Maher knows that he is an outspoken opponent of ALL organized (and likely unorganized) religion. He has NEVER been hesitant to criticize Islam, or any other religion. Shit, he put out an entire documentary on the stupidity of the religious. Yet Christians continue to cry about how he's alledgedly singling them out.
Whiney bitches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:15AM

Übermensch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's funny...
> Conservatives are always bitching about Maher

Conservative or not, I imagine it's because he's an obnoxious tool, not because he criticizes every religion under the sun. He's NOT funny, he's annoying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 11, 2012 10:32AM

If you go to 1:50, you'll see that Maher is more agnostic than atheist.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 11, 2012 10:59AM

Everyone is agnostic, whether you're an atheist, christian, muslim, jew or whatever. Not one person on this planet can say with 100% certainty that there is or isn't a god. There is an abundance of evidence suggesting there is not and zero evidence suggesting there is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:03AM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> and zero evidence suggesting there is.

But he threw for 316 yards and had 31.6 yards per reception. How can you possibly say that's not evidence of the Lord's presence?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: who cares ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:04AM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone is agnostic, whether you're an atheist,
> christian, muslim, jew or whatever. Not one person
> on this planet can say with 100% certainty that
> there is or isn't a god. There is an abundance of
> evidence suggesting there is not and zero evidence
> suggesting there is.


Wow, you really do allow your atheism to consume you. I admit to being agnostic because I don't really care one way or another, but you are as annoying as Tebow. Your proselytizing borders on obesssive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 11, 2012 11:12AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > and zero evidence suggesting there is.
>
> But he threw for 316 yards and had 31.6 yards per
> reception. How can you possibly say that's not
> evidence of the Lord's presence?


I pointed this out in another thread already....


It's a good thing he didn't throw for 117 or 118....

Leviticus 11:7-8

New International Version (NIV)

7 And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.


6dba4e12-00b2-406e-91ad-f25d4f2d225e.jpg


Sinner.

Turns out he RAN for 117-8 yards against the Raiders in November.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 11:13AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: scholar ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:17AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Numbers Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > >
> > > and zero evidence suggesting there is.
> >
> > But he threw for 316 yards and had 31.6 yards
> per
> > reception. How can you possibly say that's not
> > evidence of the Lord's presence?
>
>
> I pointed this out in another thread already....
>
>
> It's a good thing he didn't throw for 117 or
> 118....
>
> Leviticus 11:7-8
>
> New International Version (NIV)
>
> 7 And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does
> not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 You
> must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses;
> they are unclean for you.
>
>
>
>
> Sinner.
>
> Turns out he RAN for 117-8 yards against the
> Raiders in November.


Dude, that was clearly a reference to Revelation 1:17

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Date: January 11, 2012 11:21AM

scholar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> Dude, that was clearly a reference to Revelation
> 1:17
>
> When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead.
> Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do
> not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.


Interesting. That describes Tebow's anticipated career arc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 11, 2012 12:32PM

who cares Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Everyone is agnostic, whether you're an
> atheist,
> > christian, muslim, jew or whatever. Not one
> person
> > on this planet can say with 100% certainty that
> > there is or isn't a god. There is an abundance
> of
> > evidence suggesting there is not and zero
> evidence
> > suggesting there is.
>
>
> Wow, you really do allow your atheism to consume
> you. I admit to being agnostic because I don't
> really care one way or another, but you are as
> annoying as Tebow. Your proselytizing borders on
> obesssive.


No, YOU allow my viewpoints to consume you. The fact that you don't care and never stop to think about whether there's a higher power prepared to send you and others to eternal torture says a lot about you and your inquisitive mind.

You say you "admit" to being agnostic like it's some sort of criminal or humiliating point of view. If you feel confused about what to believe, why not access all the evidence for both aguments and make the call instead of being such a pussy and sitting on the fence. Are you like that with other issues in your life? Can't make any decisions on your own?

Your concern about my posts regarding such matters is what borders on obsessive. Shake it off and move on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: who cares ()
Date: January 11, 2012 01:29PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> No, YOU allow my viewpoints to consume you.

Really? One post brought you to that concluson?

> The fact that you don't care and never stop to think
> about whether there's a higher power prepared to
> send you and others to eternal torture says a lot
> about you and your inquisitive mind.

Where is it indicated that I never stopped to think about it? Now, to be fair, I don't let it consume a mahority of my life unlike evangelicals and combative atheists. I don't feel the need to tell anyone they are wrong on what essentially comes down to a subjective decision.

> You say you "admit" to being agnostic like it's
> some sort of criminal or humiliating point of
> view.

I did? Where? Are you projecting some sort of shame you feel in being an atheist?

> If you feel confused about what to believe,

I indicated I was confused? Where? Don't mistake apathay for confusion.

> why not access all the evidence for both aguments
> and make the call instead of being such a pussy
> and sitting on the fence.

Because neither side is convincing. You must know that which would explain your need to proselytize.

> Are you like that with
> other issues in your life?

Like which ones? Plus, I wouldn't really call it an "issue" in my life. It appears to be an "issue" with you though.

> Can't make any
> decisions on your own?

I make plenty. I just don't feel the need to go out and sell some unprovable bullshit to witless people.

> Your concern about my posts regarding such matters
> is what borders on obsessive. Shake it off and
> move on.

You don't take criticism very well, do you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 11, 2012 05:14PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sorry no real no Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
>>
> Bowing in an act of supernatural obedience, while
> you're at work, is completely absurd. Would you
> think it normal if your plumber, who just fixed
> your toilet, bowed solemnly and gave thanks to
> Zeus? No, you'd probably think he's a lunatic.
>
> But it's his belief man!!


Part of my business is plumbing Meep. And if 42.4 million viewers watched me fix the toilet, and I got paid millions for it, I think a "Tebow" would be in store indeed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 11, 2012 06:25PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Übermensch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's funny...
> > Conservatives are always bitching about Maher
>
> Conservative or not, I imagine it's because he's
> an obnoxious tool, not because he criticizes every
> religion under the sun. He's NOT funny, he's
> annoying.


You know, that's REALLY weird, because he's been doing stand-up since 1979, he's been on television since the early '90s, and his current show was just renewed for another season. On top of all that, he's been ranked the 38th greatest stand-up comedian of all time.

But I'm guessing you're one of the many Americans that would rather listen to Snooki talk about her latest trip to the tanning salon on Jersey Shore.
God, this country is fucking retarded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 11, 2012 08:37PM

Übermensch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You know, that's REALLY weird, because he's been
> doing stand-up since 1979, he's been on television
> since the early '90s, and his current show was
> just renewed for another season. On top of all
> that, he's been ranked the 38th greatest stand-up
> comedian of all time.
>
> But I'm guessing you're one of the many Americans
> that would rather listen to Snooki talk about her
> latest trip to the tanning salon on Jersey Shore.
> God, this country is fucking retarded.

It's not weird at all. You may be a fan but many people don't care for him. He gave up being funny years ago to be controversial and further an agenda. Obviously, he's had a decent career but I've never found him to be funny in a comedic sense. Mostly it's his know it all attitude and hatred for anyone who disagrees with his point of view.

The country may be messed up, but it's not because Bill Maher isn't funny. If he cracks you up, more power to you. The guy annoys the hell out of me. For the record, I've never watched the Snookie show and my favorite comic is Mitch Hedberg.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 08:38PM by More Complete.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: Übermensch ()
Date: January 11, 2012 08:49PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Übermensch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > You know, that's REALLY weird, because he's
> been
> > doing stand-up since 1979, he's been on
> television
> > since the early '90s, and his current show was
> > just renewed for another season. On top of all
> > that, he's been ranked the 38th greatest
> stand-up
> > comedian of all time.
> >
> > But I'm guessing you're one of the many
> Americans
> > that would rather listen to Snooki talk about
> her
> > latest trip to the tanning salon on Jersey
> Shore.
> > God, this country is fucking retarded.
>
> It's not weird at all. You may be a fan but many
> people don't care for him. He gave up being funny
> years ago to be controversial and further an
> agenda. Obviously, he's had a decent career but
> I've never found him to be funny in a comedic
> sense. Mostly it's his know it all attitude and
> hatred for anyone who disagrees with his point of
> view.


This isn't true either - he has many friends that take view in opposition to his own. He even claims to be friends with Anne Coulter (though I'd be surprised if they spend much of any time together outside of work). I don't agree with him on everything he says - in particular I very much disagree with his stance on gun control and motorcycle helmet laws - but it doesn't stop me from enjoying him.
And regarding humor - the majority of comics are not ALWAYS funny, in my opinion, and the same goes for shows hosted by comics. Whether it's Real Time with Bill Maher, or the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, not all of the 'jokes' are going to be funny. The reason I still like Maher's show is that he discusses interesting and important issues, always features guests with varrying views and stances (including views opposing his), and he's a rather clever individual who has the balls to say what he wants to say (a trait I quite admire).

So, is he the perfect comedian/show-host hybrid? No, but he's at least as good as the competition. And HBO not having commercials is a big plus for me.

But regardless, all I started out saying was that Maher is just as critical of Islam as he is of Christianity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tebow and Touchdown Jesus
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 11, 2012 09:02PM

Übermensch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This isn't true either - he has many friends that
> take view in opposition to his own. He even claims
> to be friends with Anne Coulter (though I'd be
> surprised if they spend much of any time together
> outside of work). I don't agree with him on
> everything he says - in particular I very much
> disagree with his stance on gun control and
> motorcycle helmet laws - but it doesn't stop me
> from enjoying him.
> And regarding humor - the majority of comics are
> not ALWAYS funny, in my opinion, and the same goes
> for shows hosted by comics. Whether it's Real Time
> with Bill Maher, or the Daily Show with Jon
> Stewart, not all of the 'jokes' are going to be
> funny. The reason I still like Maher's show is
> that he discusses interesting and important
> issues, always features guests with varrying views
> and stances (including views opposing his), and
> he's a rather clever individual who has the balls
> to say what he wants to say (a trait I quite
> admire).
>
> So, is he the perfect comedian/show-host hybrid?
> No, but he's at least as good as the competition.
> And HBO not having commercials is a big plus for
> me.
>
> But regardless, all I started out saying was that
> Maher is just as critical of Islam as he is of
> Christianity.

Fair enough. Good points. Yes, he is critical of all religion, not just Christianity. I don't disagree with that.

I'll agree at times he and his show are interesting but just not something I enjoy or find very entertaining, regardless of whether or not I agree with him. Felt the same about his "religulous" movie. He annoys me more than he makes me laugh. Obviously many feel the same way, and many do not. No accounting for taste. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **         ********  ********  **     **   ******   
 **    **   **        **        ***   ***  **    **  
 **    **   **        **        **** ****  **        
 **    **   ******    ******    ** *** **  **   **** 
 *********  **        **        **     **  **    **  
       **   **        **        **     **  **    **  
       **   ********  **        **     **   ******   
This forum powered by Phorum.