HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ride an elevator and lose weight
Posted by: News Bug ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:14AM

Ride an elevator and lose five pounds

Looking for a quick and easy way to lose or gain five pounds? Mrs. Gifford’s AP and Pre-AP Physics classes discovered that riding an elevator is the key to your success. The students took turns in groups riding the elevator up and down evaluating the weight of one of the students standing on a scale.

“The purpose of this lab is for students to observe the differences in the apparent weight as a person accelerates in the negative and positive directions on an elevator,” Physics teacher, Jean Gifford said.

The results of this lab will show that when the elevator accelerates in the positive direction the scale appears to increase by five pounds, and when the elevator accelerates in the negative direction the scale appears to decrease by five pounds.

However, the fluctuations of weights are actually of the apparent weight, or the amount of force the ground is pushing up on you, which is what a scale actually measures.

“After this lab, I finally understand apparent weight, because your acceleration is decreasing which is why your stomach drops when you are riding the Tower of Terror at Disney World,” Lynsie Patschke (11) said.

This is the first year Mrs. Gifford was able to do this lab, because the absence of elevators at the old school. “My students all produced very excellent results from this lab, and I plan on doing this lab many more years to come,” Mrs. Gifford said. Using the resources of our new school, physics students have discovered that physics really is all around us. “This lab really made me realize how everything we do involves physics... even riding in an elevator,” Ashley Smith (11) said.

http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/tabid/100/view/frontpage/articleid/483177/newspaperid/3556/Ride_an_Elevator_and_Lose_Five_Pounds.aspx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ride an elevator and lose weight
Posted by: reakkky? ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:32AM

who gives a fuckkkkkkkkkkkk

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.