HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ticketmaster class action
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: December 14, 2011 07:44AM

I got a notice that Ticketmaster has finally been sued and there is a proposed class action for all the BS fees they charge people. The notice ( which can be found here http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/) was apparently sent to people who had purchased tickets from these bastards over the last 10 years.

So what's the settlement? Well, I get discount codes for a $1.50 'CREDIT' for future Ticketmaster purchases for every purchase I made during the period. Also there's a credit for expedited delivery charges if I ever paid those.

The plaintiff's lawyers in the case get a up to $15,000,000 (+ more money for the actual two defendants in the case).

Now I realize the attorneys probably did a lot of work in order to sue Ticketmaster. But this settlement is bullshit. What if I don't want to give Ticketmaster any more of my money? These class action lawyers make sure they get huge sums and then only require the defendant to provide some incredibly lame settlement for the whole class. They do this because they don't give a shit about the class and want to make it easy for the defendant to settle.

As a matter of principal, I'm opting out of the settlement and suggest everyone else do the same. It's easy to do when they're offering this bullshit as incentive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ticketmaster class action
Posted by: bledbetter ()
Date: December 14, 2011 08:49AM

You say that as if ANY class-action lawsuit has ever resulted in any tangible benefit for members of the "class" that was a party to the lawsuit, versus the slimeball ambulance chasers that "represent" them.

Date: December 14, 2011 08:57AM

In the old days (prior to the internet), class actions would yield class members sums of money that were not too unrespectable (if that is a proper word). I remember an auto defects class action that my parents were noticed on. I think the payout was something like $500. Small, but not bad.

Today, because of the Intertubez, everybody on earth who thinks they might have a claim files one. This makes the "class" 5 times larger than it would otherwise have been and winds up cutting the money pie into very, very small slivers.

The only ones who make money off class actions (other than plaintiffs' counsel) are the ORIGINAL plaintiffs in the various suits - those who filed in various states prior to the cases being consolidated and given "class" status.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: December 14, 2011 09:13AM

trogdor! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got a notice that Ticketmaster has finally been
> sued and there is a proposed class action for all
> the BS fees they charge people.

It's going around:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/751838/751838.html#msg-751838

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.