HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Roger Clemens
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: February 13, 2008 12:54PM

I'm listening to Clemens Congressional Testimony. The guy sounds guilty as hell to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roger Clemens
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:05PM

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Congress feels the need to waste their time investigating this nonsense. As if there's no more important matter facing our country than an athlete taking steroids. This is really what we elected them for??

Puh-leeeze.

Date: February 13, 2008 01:11PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I find it absolutely ridiculous that Congress
> feels the need to waste their time investigating
> this nonsense. As if there's no more important
> matter facing our country than an athlete taking
> steroids. This is really what we elected them
> for??
>
> Puh-leeeze.

I don't disagree. However, since baseball enjoys certain exemptions from anti-trust laws and remains relatively unregulated, I think when this kind of thing comes up, it isn't too problematic to have a day or two of hearings about it.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: February 14, 2008 12:44PM

The issue I have with all of this is that "way back when" athletes used to do this kind of stuff all of the time. When draft time rolled around, the newbies needed to keep up, so they too indulged. When the studies came out showing that steroids and HGB are harmful, the "enhancement" drugs were banned.

Are the commissions going to retroactively remove all of the players elected into the hall of fame who were using these kinds of drugs to maintain fairness to all future inductees?

Date: February 14, 2008 01:06PM

Tia2 Wrote:
> Are the commissions going to retroactively remove all of the players elected into the hall of fame who were using these kinds of drugs to maintain fairness to all future inductees?

That's a good point and I think the answer would be resounding NO.

There's a good chance that alot of the guys in the HoF have done some sort of "banned" substance on at least one occassion. Suppose it were revealed that early in Cal Ripken's career, one time, he experimented with a steroid.... do you think the Commissioner would have the courage to remove him from the HoF?? Heck no! It would be a monumental disaster to the entire sport!! What about Thurman Munson? Reggie Jackson? The sport would never be the same again, and that's why I think this whole dog-and-pony show before Congress needs to end. MLB made some big mistakes by turning a blind eye to this problem all these years, and they're the ones who should be humiliated. Just leave well enough alone and make sure it never happens again.

Date: February 14, 2008 01:11PM

I guess you have to look at it this way. If virtually everyone in baseball was using performance enhancing drugs, weren't they all playing on the same playing field? If Roger Clemens was able to throw his fast ball a mile or two faster, wouldn't that have offset Barry Bond's increased batting power?

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: February 15, 2008 02:11AM

I loved the way he threw his wife under the bus! Why does a woman need that stuff? Did she want to look like a she-man?

Date: February 15, 2008 09:58AM

TRICKIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I loved the way he threw his wife under the bus!
> Why does a woman need that stuff? Did she want to
> look like a she-man?

Clemens wife needs to know only one word: "Half."

I have a feeling in a year or two he's going to be hearing it a lot.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:27PM

What I don’t get is how this is all Hearsay evidence.

Its all he said - he said. I know that, like in civil cases, that testimony in front of congress has different rules in regards to Hearsay.
This fucking ridiculous. It comes down to who is more believable. I don’t doubt any of them juice, but WTF. And to have these self righteous congressmen lambaste this guy for hours on TV for something he has denied he has done and they have no proof of, is too fucking retarded!

You’re guilty because I feel you are... WTF is that!

Maybe someone can explain to me how the congressional witch hunt works.

Somebody is going to pay, and I’m deciding with my gut, going with the gut - Mr. Congressmen

Date: February 18, 2008 10:28PM

Andy Pettitte should go fuck himself.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.