HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tea Party Leader Message on Veterans Day - Fuck Veterans
Date: November 11, 2011 09:23AM

Apparently Demint's reasoning is that Veterans don't deserve any special consideration.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/158468/2/Sen-Jim-DeMint-Lone-No-Vote-on-Veterans-Bill-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tea Party Leader Message on Veterans Day - Fuck Veterans
Posted by: vgnlinfxn ()
Date: November 11, 2011 10:36AM

Why is it that vets have a hard time finding employment? The unemployment rate among veterans is reported as being much higher than the general population.

Posted by: He Is Delusional ()
Date: November 11, 2011 10:44AM

Typical Liberal spin is being applied here. It wasn't just the fact that he voted no, but he offered comments that employer credits don't create jobs. He's done his homework. I don't think he was trying to F* the vets, as the OP implies here. As a vet myself, I can see his logic. He's trying to get something through that's more sustainable that slapping some Obama band-aid on something that needs stitches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm the real H.I.D. If you question my identity, just hit the quote button on one of my posts and look for any of the "L" characters that have been replaced by the uppercase "I" character. That will tell you who the fake is.

Posted by: Trdy ()
Date: November 11, 2011 10:44AM

"DeMint argued on the Senate floor there's no evidence that offering tax credits to boost employment actually spurs hiring.

"By using a politically sensitive group the day before Veterans Day, the Democrats are hoping they can trick Republicans into further complicating the tax code when we should be doing everything possible to simplify it," DeMint said. "If we really want to help veterans and all Americans we need to get serious about fixing our economy"

Posted by: tea party sux ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:43AM

tea party destroying america

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:43AM

vgnlinfxn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is it that vets have a hard time finding
> employment? The unemployment rate among veterans
> is reported as being much higher than the general
> population.

Generally I have nothing but the utmost respect for our vetrens who honorably serve and have many friends in military in all branches in all different fields.

However, not all vets are the ones you see on TV or read about in the paper who have thier shit together.

A sizeable number are just turds. They were turds before going in and are turds when they got out. They went in at 18 while mommy was still wiping thier ass, the NCO's wiped their asses for them for the 4 years they signed up and when they got out no one was there to wipe thier ass. Its no ones fault but thier own they didn't bother to learn a thing about self motivation and discipline.

They probably barely passed the ASVAB on the 3rd try and were only qualified for the most menial of MOS's and did a poor job at that. Blew all thier money on tricked out pick-up trucks, crotch rockets, booze and strippers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 11:56AM by FurfaxTownie.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:45AM

I agree. Veterans are garbage. Who cares.....you're a big man over in the desert, aren't you, Sgt. Fury? Well, you're home now, Rambo. Sorry to say, but we don't particularly value 'me run fast, me shoot gun' as a viable skill set in America. Screw veterans.

Posted by: Fruppie ()
Date: November 11, 2011 12:08PM

Mr. Misery Wrote:
> I agree. Veterans are garbage. Who
> cares.....you're a big man over in the desert,
> aren't you, Sgt. Fury? Well, you're home now,
> Rambo. Sorry to say, but we don't particularly
> value 'me run fast, me shoot gun' as a viable
> skill set in America. Screw veterans.

That's stupid.

Posted by: harry turtle iii ()
Date: November 11, 2011 12:10PM

Mr. Misery Wrote:

beep beep mizo - you dont knead a gun to fire a bullet

Posted by: ptsd ()
Date: November 11, 2011 12:47PM

vgnlinfxn Wrote:
> population.

PTSD. When you see your buddies killed all around you and have to kill hand to hand it changes you. Depending on what you saw you may turn to booze or drugs to try and get the images out of your head ect. Its an issue thats only just starting to be addressed and hopefully can help some of the current and future vets

Posted by: Peter John ()
Date: November 13, 2011 02:35PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Apparently Demint's reasoning is that Veterans
> don't deserve any special consideration.
>
> http://www.wltx.com/news/article/158468/2/Sen-Jim-
> DeMint-Lone-No-Vote-on-Veterans-Bill-

To people who consider this a partisan issue, note that every Republican but him voted to support this measure.

The Truth about this is even worse than any Media have emphasized, when his past voting record is applied- and even most Republicans would have to agree. http://tiny.cc/zbwzj

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: November 13, 2011 04:00PM

ptsd Wrote:
> vgnlinfxn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is it that vets have a hard time finding
> > employment? The unemployment rate among
> veterans
> > is reported as being much higher than the
> general
> > population.
>
>
> PTSD. When you see your buddies killed all around
> you and have to kill hand to hand it changes you.
> Depending on what you saw you may turn to booze or
> drugs to try and get the images out of your head
> ect. Its an issue thats only just starting to be
> addressed and hopefully can help some of the
> current and future vets

Bullshit.

Only weak bitchez who never should have joined get PTSD from combat experience.

Most alpha males simply don't give a fuck about killing nigs or seeing their broseph's die.

My daddy owned tons of those leftist chinks in Vietnam.

That nigger then went straight to Yale, hooked up with my phat trophy wife mommy, and is rakin' in that dough like a total G15 baller.

Posted by: Mong0Lloyd ()
Date: November 13, 2011 05:07PM

Trdy Wrote:
> "DeMint argued on the Senate floor there's no
> evidence that offering tax credits to boost
> employment actually spurs hiring.

Tax breaks of that kind are never realized in the labor market but end up being gambled on Wall Street. The theory of letting the private sector allocate financial resources at it saw fit has proven to be a TOTAL failure. Time to restore the entire New Deal economic architecture AND the tax code as it was under Eisenhower, with its top tax rate was at 90% for the highest income bracket. That tired argument that the rich hire people has been nuked into oblivion. Corporations use small businesses as hostages to support their arguments. The rich just hang back and collect the profits. It takes New Deal sized projects to hire millions, which stimulates companies to hire people to get their share of the government cheese. Banks are greedy cowards and won't finance anything UNTIL Uncle Sam or the state drops their blue chips on the table first. I've seen it.

> "By using a politically sensitive group the day
> before Veterans Day, the Democrats are hoping they
> can trick Republicans into further complicating
> the tax code when we should be doing everything
> possible to simplify it," DeMint said. "If we
> really want to help veterans and all Americans we
> need to get serious about fixing our economy"

If Demint was serious, he's use much more specific language than "fixing the economy." How about some hard concrete solutions, like taxing Wall Street with a FULL 1% sales tax on all securities transactions? To protect the little guy with his struggling 401k, an exemption of... say, $500K per month, would allow him to reallocate his retirement investments without penalty. What we're after are these finance houses that use supercomputers to churn 75% of the stock market with millions of trades every second! This is how to make Wall Street pay for what they done and in a way that they cannot pass off the costs to the real economy.

Reinstate the full New Deal architecture, Mr. Demint, if you're serious about "fixing the economy." BAN and NULLIFY *ALL* SIV's, CDO's, and other derivatives. Go back to stable investing in hard copy stocks, bonds, and other savings-based investments. ARREST ALL the banksters as domestic enemies and NATIONALIZE the Federal Reserve! The "market" isn't sacrosanct and has proven itself to be as destructive as wildfire. Money and fire are equally destructive when allowed to run wild. The "market" must be replaced by principled direction designed to uphold the Social Contract. Thirty years of this "free market" Chicago School bullshit has wrought a Guilty Verdict that is beyond appeal.

Auditing the Fed is a pussy move that will only tell us what we already know. NATIONALIZE the Fed and restructure our currency to one that is SPENT into existence, by new construction and restoration, NOT borrowed into existence, where people and property are put up for collateral. Raise tariffs up HIGH and tell the American People that the road out of slavery is going to be hard because we have to replace all that was thrown away. Sound currency and banking is the surest way to engage all the economic forces on the side of building and restoration.

Posted by: a gainfully employed vet ()
Date: November 13, 2011 05:22PM

vgnlinfxn Wrote:
> population.

Mostly it is due to the stereotypes you see in this thread. Only 1% of the population has served in the last 10 years and the other 99% doesn't have a clue as to the values and skills vets bring to the workplace. They suspect ptsd, less than stellar academics, etc; and apply unfair prejudices in hiring.

I'm glad that at least the education benefits are decent now, they give vets a chance at a degree or training, and then a decent job.

As a hiring manager I will always hire a vet over someone without service, all other qualifications being equal.

Posted by: stop trolling ()
Date: November 13, 2011 05:55PM

Yucky24. Wrote:
>
>
> Bullshit.
>
> Only weak bitchez who never should have joined get
> PTSD from combat experience.
>
> Most alpha males simply don't give a fuck about
> killing nigs or seeing their broseph's die.
>
> My daddy owned tons of those leftist chinks in
> Vietnam.
>
> That nigger then went straight to Yale, hooked up
> with my phat trophy wife mommy, and is rakin' in
> that dough like a total G15 baller.

Youre obviously trolling but pick a different less offensive issue to do it on. Nothing you just said is even remotely close to true and either you have a very sick sense of humor or never spent a day around the military.

Posted by: Mong0Lloyd ()
Date: November 13, 2011 07:49PM

a gainfully employed vet Wrote:
> vgnlinfxn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is it that vets have a hard time finding
> > employment? The unemployment rate among
> veterans
> > is reported as being much higher than the
> general
> > population.
>
> .....
> As a hiring manager I will always hire a vet over
> someone without service, all other qualifications
> being equal.

I wish I had met you many years ago. I put in eight (8) years in the U.S. Navy Submarine Service as a sub-qualified sonar tech. When I got out, all that knowledge and skill didn't mean a damn thing. What a waste. Thank God and FDR for municipalities that still have Veteran's Preference guidelines. Many private employers want frightened slaves. MEN are the last thing they want to hire.

It's always a good idea to make sure that the rate you choose will get you a job after your hitch is done. Not much call for Torpedomen or Missile Techs. Master at Arms will get you a job in any police or sheriff's department, if you like that sort of thing.

Posted by: His own grandfather ()
Date: September 10, 2015 11:33PM

Mr. Misery Wrote:
Attachments:
william mcmillan.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.