HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
chuckhoffmann what other skillz do you possess?
Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: November 02, 2011 11:53AM

So I know you're good at making thread counts go up.. But what other skills do you have in your resume?

I understand you are unemployed, you should come work for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chuckhoffmann what other skillz do you possess?
Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: November 02, 2011 12:05PM

He can make people ignore him using only the power of his mind.

Posted by: JackoffofAllTrades ()
Date: November 02, 2011 01:16PM

I have worked as a computer salesperson, tech support person, computer repairman, programmer/analyst, and I have done technical writing, database analyst and system administrator-type work (all of this is paid experience; someone actually paid me money to do it).

My experience is broad, but not very deep.(For example, if you asked me to write an SQL Query against a database without a cheat sheet at hand, I would be in deep trouble.) This is because most of the time in my professional career I've basically been presented with a problem and told to solve it, usually without spending any money.

I have also used Photoshop, but no one pays you money for photoshopping Bill Cooper's head into a "Where's Waldo" picture (nor should they) and I am not a graphic artist or designer. I've lately enjoyed fooling around with Linux (I have a triple-booting system) and virtual machines (using Oracle's VM Virtualbox).

Oh, and I do not have a college degree, and I am likely not eligible for any sort of government clearance (not even a public trust clearance).

Posted by: JackoffofAllTrades ()
Date: November 02, 2011 01:21PM

Oh, and I can also make a woman's vagina dry up simply by walking into a room, I can change a person's opinion on the merits of abortion simply by talking to them, I can spend hours writing a meticulous bullshit legal threat, and I suck a mean dick (which is my primary source income since I'm still unemployed).

A list of things I can't do includes making people laugh, being a good parent, and moving out of my bitch-of-a-mother's house.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: November 02, 2011 03:04PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I know you're good at making thread counts go
> up.. But what other skills do you have in your
> resume?
>
> I understand you are unemployed, you should come
> work for me.

He can't. Editing online wiki's for free is his calling.

Posted by: TrueCalling ()
Date: November 02, 2011 03:20PM

Warhawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He can't. Editing online wiki's for free is his
> calling.

Actually, editing online wikis that nobody ever reads seems to my calling.

I have given up on the Fairfax Underground Wiki, though. Fighting the spammers without the power to delete the shit they smear all over it and a lack of specific functionality* pretty much caused me to throw in the towel there.

*I wanted Cary to add the Cite and Parser Functions extensions. The former makes it easier to add inline citations, while the latter makes it somewhat easier to create more functional templates.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.