HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cain surges, opens up 20-point lead on Romney
Posted by: CainMadness ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:06PM

In news sure to inject shock and awe into the Republican political primary season, a Zogby poll released Thursday showed Herman Cain leading the Republican field, topping former front-runner Mitt Romney by an astonishing 20 points. Cain would also narrowly edge out Obama in a general election, the poll found, by a 46–44 margin.

Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, would lose by a point to the president, 40 percent to 41 percent. Texas governor Rick Perry, who has slipped in the polls of late, would lose to the president 45 percent to 40 percent.

The poll found that 38 percent of Republican primary voters said they would vote for Cain if the primary were held today. Eighteen percent said they would throw their support to Romney, while 12 percent each said they would vote for Perry and Texas congressman Ron Paul. No other candidate attracted double-digit support.

This is the second month in a row in which Zogby has found Cain leading the pack; he has surged another 10 points ahead of his competitors since September. Romney, on the other hand, has remained in the same place, while Perry’s share of the primary vote in the Zogby poll has steadily declined since he announced his candidacy in August.

Other pollsters have found Cain at or near the top of the field, with Fox News declaring him a top-tier candidate following its poll last week. That poll found Cain had 17 percent of the vote, trailing Perry by just two points and Romney by five.

A CBS News poll released Tuesday found Romney and Cain tied at 17 percent, with Perry trailing at 12 percent; a YouGov/Economist poll released Thursday found Cain leading with 21 percent, four points ahead of Romney.

Though many have questioned Cain’s viability as a legitimate candidate, voters are clearly giving him another look.

The IBOPE Zogby International poll is based on an online October 3–5 survey of 1,581 voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points. The sample of likely Republican primary voters included 796 Americans, and has an margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/07/poll-cain-surges-opens-up-20-point-lead-on-romney/#ixzz1a72swAYu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cain surges, opens up 20-point lead on Romney
Posted by: Maybe ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:15PM

I think part of Cain's appeal is the fact that he actually has no political office experience. People are fed up with gov't at all levels, and they are leary of ex-governors, Congressman, etc. They equate experience with "more of the same."

Posted by: CandidCain ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:50PM

Maybe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think part of Cain's appeal is the fact that he
> actually has no political office experience.
> People are fed up with gov't at all levels, and
> they are leary of ex-governors, Congressman, etc.
> They equate experience with "more of the same."

I agree 100%. It also an advantage as a republican because nobody can look back at finances any "Pay to play" type association that plague republican candidates.

He's also peeking at the right time. Right before the October primaries. No question he will be the GOP nominee.

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:00PM

I don't get this. The GOP was screaming about Obama's lack of experience in '08, and now they want someone with even less?

And seriously, why can't they find an ex-CEO of a successful pizza chain? This guy reminds me of Milhouse's dad from the Simpsons when he manages the cracker factory into decline.

I'M A FIVE-STAR MAN!!

Posted by: hopeandcain ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:04PM

You are such a racist.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:07PM

jhey Wrote:
> I don't get this. The GOP was screaming about
> Obama's lack of experience in '08, and now they
> want someone with even less?
>
> And seriously, why can't they find an ex-CEO of a
> successful pizza chain? This guy reminds me of
> Milhouse's dad from the Simpsons when he manages
> the cracker factory into decline.

Stupid nig don't know shit.

*Fixed to make hopeandcain's post true*

Posted by: Christie's a smart man ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:12PM

The US states will blow up in two to three years, much like the European states are doing now. Then the US itself after the bad debts transfer to the federal government. I give it 5 years.

Posted by: Perry 2012 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:13PM

jhey Wrote:
> I don't get this. The GOP was screaming about
> Obama's lack of experience in '08, and now they
> want someone with even less?
>
> And seriously, why can't they find an ex-CEO of a
> successful pizza chain? This guy reminds me of
> Milhouse's dad from the Simpsons when he manages
> the cracker factory into decline.

He's only popular cuz he's a black guy. Obama-bashers and people associated with the Tea Party have been labeled as "racists" for the past 4 years, and now Cain is being treated with sympathy. It's a way for many conservatives to say "see, I'm not racist, I'd support Herman Caine". And it's dishonest and dangerous for Republicans. I don't question the man's integrity, but he's not a serious candidate and the GOP really needs to wake up, and fast.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:15PM

This is good to see how well Herman does under the spot light. He's already disappointed me once with how he handled Perry's hunting cabin.

Posted by: woopdiedoodahday ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:15PM

ehh so what.
Romney follows a cult created by a man who only had a 3rd grade education.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:18PM

What education did Jesus and Mohammad have?

Date: October 07, 2011 01:20PM

Maybe Wrote:
> I think part of Cain's appeal is the fact that he
> actually has no political office experience.

Cain's only appeal is that he's not a Mormon and while what he proposes is ridiculous, so is the Tea Party.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Les ()
Date: October 07, 2011 02:39PM

999 is all a part of a desperate to rearrange the tax code in the name of "reform" before the shit hits the fan on the US debt. The rich and multinationals can park the money offshore using tax deferral. When the shit hits the fan in the United States, force huge tax increases on the lower 99%.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.