HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Unemployment UNCHANGED 9.1% for September
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 07, 2011 08:41AM

So how was YOUR Summer of Recovery?

And Obumass is pressuring for Congress to pass his "jobs bill" or it will get WORSE?!?!?

What was the first NEAR TRILLION FUCKING DOLLAR "STIMULUS" for?!?!?

Wasn't that one supposed to keep the jobless rate below 8%? Eight precent would be pretty fucking peachy right now, Dingle Barry. COngratualtions, you have killed the confidence of American workers and investors alike.
Attachments:
obama-staythecourse.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unemployment UNCHANGED 9.1% for September
Posted by: open eyez ()
Date: October 07, 2011 08:57AM

We can make it up with volume...

Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:06AM

There was a large increase in jobs and the gummamint says they were wrong about the last tow months and increased those numbers as well.

That is, things are (slowly) picking up, no matter WHAT the Me-Too Media wants to present as the picture.

But, of course, the OP doesn't want anyone to know about that - the equivalent of lying - it's the only thing the Imploding Party has left - lies, innuendo, no original ideas.

Hmmm...how fast SHOULD the Economy recover? Within weeks of the new President getting into office? Months? A year? A few years? A couple terms of fixing? How fast?

The Imploding Party, of course, does NOT want economic recovery - because ANY positive talking point about the economy ruins their only Media-derived advantage.

But, too bad for them, the economy keeps on getting better.

Date: October 07, 2011 09:10AM

4 more years Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But, too bad for them, the economy keeps on
> getting better.

I shouldn't mock the mentally disabled, but goddamm you are lost.
Attachments:
libtard.jpg

Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:17AM

Forgot to mention - for those who judge The Economy by what the Markets do (bad idea! But the Me-Too media sure likes to do it!) - the Futures Markets turned sharply higher after the release of the jobs data:

>>> "...Stock index futures turned positive on Friday after
>>> stronger-then-expected payrolls data suggested the economy
>>> may avoid another recession..."

Lol! Isn't that a great way to say the economy appears to be getting better - "the economy may avoid another recession"...jeez.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Wall-St-futures-signal-steady-rb-3180049656.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccode=

Posted by: main reason ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:19AM

WingNut Wrote:
> So how was YOUR Summer of Recovery?
>
> And Obumass is pressuring for Congress to pass his
> "jobs bill" or it will get WORSE?!?!?
>
> What was the first NEAR TRILLION FUCKING DOLLAR
> "STIMULUS" for?!?!?
>
>
> Wasn't that one supposed to keep the jobless rate
> below 8%? Eight precent would be pretty fucking
> peachy right now, Dingle Barry. COngratualtions,
> you have killed the confidence of American workers
> and investors alike.

there's too many goddamn illegals in this country taking real American jobs and sending all their money back to mexico or wherever. need to start sending them back to wear they belong so we can start finding jobs again to make this country great again. obama just keeps opening the borders and he needs to help our own first instead of sending all are money to foreign country's, it's rediculous.

Posted by: main reason ()
Date: October 07, 2011 09:21AM

not too mention all the free healthcare they come here for and staying on welfare and having anger babies so they can stay longer

Date: October 07, 2011 09:23AM

recovery is better than stagnation is better than recession.

We do NOT have a recovery with sustained unemployment over 9%, we have STAGNATION.

Investors can react to unchanged news more positively than bad news.

I want the 8% or less I was promised.
Attachments:
cartertat.jpg

Posted by: I doubt it ()
Date: October 07, 2011 10:00AM

WingNut Wrote:
> recovery is better than stagnation is better than
> recession.
>
>
> We do NOT have a recovery with sustained
> unemployment over 9%, we have STAGNATION.
>
> Investors can react to unchanged news more
> positively than bad news.
>
> I want the 8% or less I was promised.

You'll vote for Obama if unemployment is 8% or less by election day?

Date: October 07, 2011 10:04AM

How high will it be beofre you would vote against him?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: No doubt2 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 10:20AM

WingNut Wrote:
> How high will it be beofre you would vote against
> him?

Afraid to answer a question? The answer is of course you wont. That your use of the 8% argument is a false one based on "message" rather then content. You do nothing but repeat Republican messages over and over again. Not a sinlgle original thought. You cant even answer a simple question.

If I thought any of the Republicans had an answer for unemployment I might, but they dont. They will get elected and then work on thier social agenda and hope the economy turns upward. Even if it doesnt they will make claims that it has. They will put boots on the ground somewhere in the world as soon as possible. We will be well on our way into second decade of war.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: October 07, 2011 10:46AM

Today's number for the business employment survey is depressed by seasonal adjustment and the birth/death model that subtracted 43K jobs. On the other hand, the household survey had almost 400,000 jobs added in September.

Date: October 07, 2011 10:52AM

Yup, stocks are up 78 points. Yeeeeehaw, here comes the recovery. All is well, all is well. Get real. It takes apporx 200,000 new jobs per month just to maintain the employment levels where they are at. They are at 9.1%, which is atrocious. The economy absolutely blows. Obama yesterday stated that they are gonna go after hidden bank fees. And he complained about the BofA debit card fee. BofA announced it publicly. And he complained about "hidden fees" in a press conference. The only hidden thing here is how poor a leader he is.

Date: October 07, 2011 10:54AM

I would consider Obama if unemployment was less than 7%, it wont be.

He is in way the fuck over his head. The stimulus was a joke and did SHIT for creating jobs.

Whoever the GOP nomination is, he will NOT run on a "social agenda" and it is pretty stupid to forecast another war, especially since Obumass hasn't exactly run from war himself.

Do you really think this quack fuck knows ANYTHING about what he is doing?

We've wasted three years going on four.

No doubt2 Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How high will it be beofre you would vote
> against
> > him?
>
> Afraid to answer a question? The answer is of
> course you wont. That your use of the 8% argument
> is a false one based on "message" rather then
> content. You do nothing but repeat Republican
> messages over and over again. Not a sinlgle
> original thought. You cant even answer a simple
> question.
>
> If I thought any of the Republicans had an answer
> for unemployment I might, but they dont. They
> will get elected and then work on thier social
> agenda and hope the economy turns upward. Even if
> it doesnt they will make claims that it has. They
> will put boots on the ground somewhere in the
> world as soon as possible. We will be well on our
> way into second decade of war.

Date: October 07, 2011 11:16AM

A low or high unemployment figure doesn't influence my vote. I don't see it as government's role to spend themselves at risk of insolvency to prop up the economy as both the Republicans and Democrats have done. Since 2001, they'll have added almost 2 dollars of debt for every additional dollar of economic output. They should be looking at other areas, such as "free" trade, immigration, taxes, and monetary policy. 400,000 jobs a year are being lost due to the offshoring by large multinationals, much of it encouraged by the Bush tax policy and the low interest rate policy of the Fed.

Date: October 07, 2011 11:47AM

I beg to differ Les. The US has the 2nd highest tax rate in the world. Monetary policy currently, is wildly accommodative, only to offset wildly out-of-control fiscal policy. The Fed is supposed to be independent. It is fully run by the WH. Yes, both Reps and Dems are to blame. But the recent outlay of $$$ over the last 3 years has been biblical.. BIBLICAL I scream! Geitner(sp??) stated we will "prevail" over the banks. WHAT?!?! He is the Secretary of Treasury - are we under attck? Should we use our military power on the banks? Get real folks. VOTE! I would rather each American vote for Obama, versus just sitting back and taking this up the bomb-bay doors. Was there a question somewhere???

Date: October 07, 2011 12:04PM

open eyez Wrote:
> I beg to differ Les. The US has the 2nd highest
> tax rate in the world. Monetary policy currently,
> is wildly accommodative, only to offset wildly
> out-of-control fiscal policy. The Fed is supposed
> to be independent. It is fully run by the WH.
> Yes, both Reps and Dems are to blame. But the
> recent outlay of $$$ over the last 3 years has
> been biblical.. BIBLICAL I scream! Geitner(sp??)
> stated we will "prevail" over the banks. WHAT?!?!
> He is the Secretary of Treasury - are we under
> attck? Should we use our military power on the
> banks? Get real folks. VOTE! I would rather each
> American vote for Obama, versus just sitting back
> and taking this up the bomb-bay doors. Was there
> a question somewhere???

The effective corporate tax is 25 percent, which is in line with other countries. The tax policy that's driving the jobs offshore is tax deferral and lack of enforcement on corporate tax evasion through corporate inversions and transfer pricing. The blame for that lies with the Pubs who've blocked bills to end tax deferral and their encouragement of undermining regulations through non-enforcement. Immigration laws, tax laws, environemntal laws, you name it. The Pubs have completely hollowed out the government's ability to govern by placing corporate cronies in the regulatory agencies.

Monetary policy was wildly accomodative all throughout 00's, not just now. They slashed interest rates to almost 0 in the midst of a housing bubble. When housing prices became unsustainable, they looked the other way on the fraudulent loans and encouraged borrowers to take out ARMs. It has nothing to do with the occupant of the White House. They intentionally created a housing bubble to prop up the economy while the stock market was mending from 2002 to 2005. When the housing bubble burst in 2006, the government opened up the spigots by lowering margin requirements on equities and pledging to rein in volatility, a not so subtle hint that the plunge protection team would be there to prop up stocks.

Date: October 07, 2011 12:19PM

I forgot to add. The Fed was also manipulating the treasury market in the early 2000s by buying option contracts. This came out last year in their meeting transcripts. Considering the interest rates were driven down to zero before Obama took office, 16 trillion dollars were lent to failed banks in 2008-2009, and quantitative easing was started in 2008, there's no grounds to charge the Fed with favoring one party over the other. They're in large part responsible for creating the conditions that led to the current crisis by failing to let the markets work on their own.

Date: October 07, 2011 01:43PM

It’s the PRIVATE Economy That Matters

http://www.mcoscillator.com/learning_center/kb/special_market_reports/its_the_private_economy_that_matters/

Second chart shows a huge jump in government support of the economy since the housing bubble peak in 2005. It's jumped from 30% of the economy to 40% and dropped back a little in the last two years.

Posted by: I believe ()
Date: October 07, 2011 01:56PM

Dont sweat it Obama has proposed another 3/4 of a trillion dollars which he is SURE will fix the economy. The previous three trillion he spent was only for starters.

Posted by: No doubt5 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 02:34PM

Thank you for answering the question.

I agree with you, the Republican nominee wont run on a "social agenda". Republicans try very hard not to. But once elected thats all they accomplish.

Do I think Obama has all the answers to fix the economy. No! But I think he has better ideas then all the Republican nominees put together. I know cutting spending does not create jobs. And I do think boots on the ground comment is applicable. Libya is the model for future military action. Making those most to loose pony up their share, take the lead. Republicans were quick to call for boots on the ground. I dont trust them,

WingNut Wrote:
> I would consider Obama if unemployment was less
> than 7%, it wont be.
>
> He is in way the fuck over his head. The stimulus
> was a joke and did SHIT for creating jobs.
>
> Whoever the GOP nomination is, he will NOT run on
> a "social agenda" and it is pretty stupid to
> forecast another war, especially since Obumass
> hasn't exactly run from war himself.
>
> Do you really think this quack fuck knows ANYTHING
> about what he is doing?
>
> We've wasted three years going on four.
>
>
> No doubt2 Wrote:
> -----

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: October 07, 2011 02:39PM

WingNut Wrote:
> I would consider Obama if unemployment was less
> than 7%

Hahahaha! I believe you! I do!

Posted by: Nutwing ()
Date: October 07, 2011 02:44PM

Yes, it's amazing the collateral damage from 8 years of the Bush administration...

Date: October 07, 2011 03:53PM

No doubt5 Wrote:
> Thank you for answering the question.
>
> I agree with you, the Republican nominee wont run
> on a "social agenda". Republicans try very hard
> not to. But once elected thats all they
> accomplish.

Do they? Stem cell research is the only real difference I can think of from when Bush was in. Was there some religious based social engineering that I missed? Trucst me, you missed it too. It's all a scare story to get fags and women in a huff.

Abortion will always remain legal, nothing is going to change.

> Do I think Obama has all the answers to fix the
> economy. No! But I think he has better ideas
> then all the Republican nominees put together. I
> know cutting spending does not create jobs. And I
> do think boots on the ground comment is
> applicable. Libya is the model for future
> military action. Making those most to loose pony
> up their share, take the lead. Republicans were
> quick to call for boots on the ground. I dont
> trust them,

That would all be fair and good if Obama had made a serious effort to end any of the wars. He has followed the Bush lead on the Iraq troop surge and he doubled down in Afghanistan, a pretty curious move given that Bin Lden was in Pakistan and they seem to be more of a problem than securing the neighboring third world shithole for a bunch of ingrates.

Obama promised if we spent the near TRILLION DOLLAR stimulus, unemployment would not exceed 8%. It not only surpassed that but has sustained a rate above that.

Sorry, he's a fucking fool and you have to be a pretty biased and partisan chump to still believe in him.

> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > I would consider Obama if unemployment was less
> > than 7%, it wont be.
> >
> > He is in way the fuck over his head. The
> stimulus
> > was a joke and did SHIT for creating jobs.
> >
> > Whoever the GOP nomination is, he will NOT run
> on
> > a "social agenda" and it is pretty stupid to
> > forecast another war, especially since Obumass
> > hasn't exactly run from war himself.
> >
> > Do you really think this quack fuck knows
> ANYTHING
> > about what he is doing?
> >
> > We've wasted three years going on four.
> >
> >
> > No doubt2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----

Posted by: Mong0Lloyd ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:03PM

The current methodology for calculating unemployment is totally discredited and has been for over 20 years now. The last time we had a viable method for calculating unemployment and inflation was when Jimmy Carter was Prez. He was DESTROYED for such honesty. The Reagan Administration began the process of doctoring, cooking, and spinning the numbers so that a 10% unemployment OR inflation number will NEVER show up again. Every administration since has only exacerbated the lies.

The REAL unemployment is 22.3% and rising. The REAL inflation number is 27.0%.

BTW, Nutwing is correct. Obama inherited a sinking Titanic from Bush but, I will argue that Bill Clinton was the one who actually struck the iceberg. On purpose, I'll add. You could even go all the way back to Nixon when he closed the ship's safe before leaving port because all the gold had been lost in a high stakes poker game between the U.S. and France in the wardroom.

Still, Clinton rammed the ship into the iceberg on purpose and gave giant corporations first dibs on lifeboats to China. Bush knowingly permitted a false flag explosion to cover up the collision. Bush and his thugs led the crew on a mad rampage against the passengers to steal, kill, destroy, and pile as much stolen loot in the lifeboats as possible. Obama is running a rear guard defense to allow the Bush Crime Syndicate time to get away from the ship as it goes down.

Date: October 07, 2011 05:16PM

I believe in Obama. I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and re-incarnation. Where are my pills??

Posted by: No doubt6 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:29PM

Legal but inaccessible abortion services is the same thing as being outlawed. Legal but unavailable birth control is the same thing as being outlawed.

Obama is guilty of some of the more poorly marketed initiatives. His capping unemployment at 8% and his summer of recovery were the right policies but poor marketing.

As far as Obama's Commander-in-Chief record. His record is outstanding compared to any Republican candidates promises. Just today Rick Perry is talking about boots on the ground in Mexico! Want to make heroes out of the Mexican drug cartel? Romney just about promised endless war in Afghanistan and Iraq today, syaing he would be walked all over by the Pentagon. This is just the beginning of the century of war this country is headed for. With Republicans in charge you can count on it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.