HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you think this statement is true?
Posted by: Social Welfare ()
Date: October 05, 2011 10:47PM

"The greatest tragedy for children is not growing up with a father."

I was reading a lot of studies and it seems runaway or deadbeat fathers cause a lot of harm to their children. A lot of drug addicts and people in jail had fatherless homes.

Fathers, take care of your children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think this statement is true?
Posted by: I thought ()
Date: October 05, 2011 11:28PM

that meant the same thing is the greatest tragedy is for parents to bury their children.

"The greatest tragedy for children is not growing up with a father."

Posted by: truth here ()
Date: October 06, 2011 12:28AM

as long as the father supports the mother financially like pay for the son's schooling, there is no neglect whether or not the father is there for the son.

Posted by: Conie ()
Date: October 06, 2011 12:31AM

Social Welfare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The greatest tragedy for children is not growing
> up with a father."
>
>
> I was reading a lot of studies and it seems
> runaway or deadbeat fathers cause a lot of harm to
> their children. A lot of drug addicts and people
> in jail had fatherless homes.
>
> Fathers, take care of your children.

Yes...and fathers please take care of you're daughters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 12:32AM by Conie.

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:01AM

Social Welfare Wrote:
> "The greatest tragedy for children is not growing
> up with a father."
>

Not even in the top 3. And given what sometimes passes for parental material in some cases it might even be a blessing. This isn't a knock on the importance of fathers. It is rather a statement that 1) being a father is more than simply being a present warm body with shared genetic material who may provide some financial support, and 2) the lack of a present, involved father can be compensated for by others in the child's life.

BTW-Good point Conie. I think many make the mistake of assuming that good male role modele isn't as important in a young female's life.

Posted by: where did they go ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:09AM

"A lot of drug addicts and people in jail had fatherless homes."

Almost all inmates are from fatherless homes. The current welfare system gives more money to mothers where they is no father in the home and also extra bucks for every additional kid.
Without a father there is no male figure to enforce the rules of the home.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:16AM

What happens is two low irresponsible low peices of human trash, bang and have a kid.

The male low life splits because thats what irresponsible trash does. Not excusing him but stating a fact of life. For record, I would NEVER associate myself with a dead beat.

The female low life, bless her heart, carries the child to term, is emotionally weak, spends the next 18 years spewing negativity to the poor kid about how terrible the father is, blaming all the problems on him and screwing the kid up psycologically. Opposed to trying to keep things positive as possible and seeking out non deadbeat fathers/males as positive examples.

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:23AM

FurfaxTownie, you forgot the next critical step. Child without a positive father figure in his/her life and a bitter mother figure who is less involved with the child than the mother thinks she is (either because she is trying to run away from her misery or is wallowing in it) searches desparately on his/her own for a male figure to fill the gap. Quite often this search ends up with the child associating him/herself with the wrong kind of male figure, or the kid gives up in despai and throws him/herself into alcohol and drugs.

Posted by: Yucky28 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:25AM

Blaming lack of active fathers for our social ills is just a politically correct way of bashing nigs.

When Rightists like Ann Coulter constantly bemoan the breakdown of the traditional family at the hands of the liberal Left, while citing all kinds of damning statistics that seem to shore up her conviction with great authority, what she fails to mention is that the majority of those statistics are horribly skewed by the black demographic.

Blacks in general commit insanely high levels of crime, flunk out of school at abusrd rates (about 50%), get much worse grades, use more drugs, spend more time in jail, leech off the government far more, etc.

It just so happens that blacks also have chronic illegitimacy rates.

Although the leftist assualt on the family with abominations like the sexual revolution certainly hit blacks the hardest.

Now that we can fuck whoever we want without conseuqnce, blacks went absolutely ape shit.

There was only like 20% illegitimacy rates with blacks in the 1950s. Now it's at a staggering 75%+ I believe.

Whites too were also horribly effected by the liberal sexual revolution. But nowhere near as badly as blacks were (I think our illegitimacy rates are at about 30% or so - still nothing to be proud of and deeply shameful).

So lack of active fathers isn't the smoking gun I'm afraid.

Our ethnically diverse communities are.

Go back to the days of racial segregation (with NO obligations from the Whites to provide any kind of aid to the blacks, spics or muslimes), and the chronic social problems in White communities would plunge.

Posted by: Champion ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:44AM

"Go back to the days of racial segregation (with NO obligations from the Whites to provide any kind of aid to the blacks, spics or muslimes), and the chronic social problems in White communities would plunge."

I'm white so I may be biased, but I thought treating everyone equally was the opposite of racial segregation. We have a system now that is institutionally racist, in that our institutions treat people differently depending on race. We got rid of state segregation and then re-instituted it at the federal level just a few years later.

The great society went to the black community and said, we are awfully sorry for limiting your job choices and keeping you separate from white people. To make up for it we, the government, will pay for you to live where there aren't any jobs or white people. Places prone to flooding for instance. In return all you have to do is relinquish any pretense of owning something. It will all belong to us and we will give you things as we deem appropriate according to rules we alone write. And we will pass rules that only benefit you if you agree to break up your organizations and families. We'll give you more if you don't work, or don't marry, We will send your kids to schools for free, but they won't be taught to read, and if you try to send them elsewhere we will jail you.

I know this is inflammatory, but how is this different from the situation we had under slavery?

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: October 06, 2011 11:01AM

Conie Wrote:
>
> Yes...and fathers please take care of you're
> daughters.

So true. The easiest girls to hook up with and convince to do almost anything sexually were the ones who were raised by single mothers. I guess those girls are desperately seeking male attention that they never got.

This also goes for emotionally unavaible parents. Kids with parents who are physically available but emotionally unavaible often suffer the same way children from single mother households without a strong father figure.

The difference is kids with kids with two unemotionally paretns can litterally afford to make mistakes because the partents have the monetary means to bail them out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.