HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Epic Collection Agency Fail
Posted by: Failing Fred ()
Date: October 05, 2011 01:12PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Epic Collection Agency Fail
Posted by: igotanewone ()
Date: October 05, 2011 01:35PM

I got the robo call that my car insureance has run out today and I must renew today and somehow tried to claim they would call the police.

Anytime they wanted me to speak I just decided to speak chinese.

I am learning chinese and this was an awsome way to throw them off.

When they called me the area code showed up as 666.

Then it sounded like they switched people and a angry phone speaker dude was quite confident my name was David which it isn't and isn't even close to sounding like David.

So I answer my phone in chinese and other languages just so they hang up quicker and they really do hang up quicker when non english is used hahahahaha

Posted by: pihiphph ()
Date: October 05, 2011 01:50PM

Wow...you used "Epic" and "Fail" in the short span of a four-word phase.

Let me guess, you are 14 years-old...or perhaps older, but definitely a useless sheep that follows every meme and trend in sight as you try to adopt a personality on your ultimate quest to be a douchebag?

Epic post bra! U mad?

Fuckwit.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 05, 2011 04:35PM

What they leave out of the article is yes it is true 7 year old debts cannot be reported to the collection and in states 3 -5 year old debts can not be taken to court. But if you "admit" to debt, then the clock starts all over.

Say you were drunk or your wife agreed to installment payments for a 7 year old debt. She gives them the credit card for the first payment of $100 for example. Bingo, clocks starts all over again and you are now liable for that debt, all of it.

Another trick is to get you to pay $1. Then that to will start the clock again and it can be reported as new debt. One court has declared when a debt collector called and asked "do you remember using that visa card when you were in college?" the respondents "yes" answer was sufficient to re-start the clock because he acknowledged the debt.

If you ever get a call about a phantom (very old) debt, get the companies name and address and send them a letter immediately saying it is not you, you have no idea what they are talking about etc. It does not take much to restart the clock.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: wooshieballs ()
Date: October 05, 2011 05:23PM

I keep getting calls at work for people who were fired and I tel them the following:

Lok man I'm need to find his ass too cuz I lent him $500!

Its when I get fake EMO where they sigh and try to hang up and i love to irritate them and try to make them listen to me.

Or when I answer the phone I make it sound as if they called a very secure govt line and warn them not to call again or they will be visited.

Posted by: laughing guy ()
Date: October 05, 2011 06:51PM

The same website has a fun suggestion for handling these calls. I have tried it, on guy offered to send money by PayPal. I turned him down, but that's how desperate these people get…

http://collectionagencyhallofshame.blogspot.com/2011/04/fake-answering-service-trick.html

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.