HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WingNutts in bed with Iran
Posted by: Atom ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:21AM

This is the activity your "less government oversight" ethos is paving the way for.

Congratulation on being a pawn:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-02/koch-brothers-flout-law-getting-richer-with-secret-iran-sales.html

Koch-Glitsch gave envelopes stuffed with cash to a Moroccan company, Koch wrote in its letter. Koch-Glitsch also made an improper payment to secure a contract with a Moroccan government organization, Koch wrote. The company made similar payments to an unnamed Nigerian government agency to win contracts, Koch wrote.

On May 31, 2004, Koch-Glitsch secured another contract for 1.2 million Euros, to help expand the Zagros facility. The plant helped Iran turn its vast natural gas reserves into methanol, which is used for making plastics, paints and chemicals.

During the next three years, investigators compiled evidence that included hundreds of internal memos about benzene emissions. In 1999, Koch’s lawyers tried to stop prosecutors from using the documents in court.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 07:21AM by Atom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WingNutts in bed with Iran
Posted by: Atom ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:34AM

For six decades around the world, Koch Industries has blazed a path to riches -- in part, by making illicit payments to win contracts, trading with a terrorist state, fixing prices, neglecting safety and ignoring environmental regulations. At the same time, Charles and David Koch have promoted a form of government that interferes less with company actions.

Re: WingNutts in bed with Iran
Posted by: Ellipsis ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:55PM

Government has nothing to do with any of the above; Koch et. al.'s actions are issues of corporate governance at worst.

If I give Company X an envelope for a contract, there would be no reason for me to do so if I were the most competitive bid. There are two outcomes:
-I get the contract; net-net X' shareholders loses the difference between mine and the competitive bid and is an issue on X' end.
-I do not get the contract; net-net I (or my shareholders) are out that same amount.

In either case, it is a private matter which warrants no government interference.

Atom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At the
> same time, Charles and David Koch have promoted a
> form of government that interferes less with
> company actions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2011 07:55PM by Ellipsis.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.